Being Strong

Fates Way

Chloe's POV: "Chloe! Wake up!" A muffled voice said from above me. I groaned as reality slowly started to sink in to me again. I could already feel my dream world were different kinds of yummy smelling foods driffted away from me once more. I groaned and opened my eyes slowy, my vision still blurry with sleep. I yawned loudly, making the person lean away slowly. I sat up and rubbed my eyes that were barely open, trying to rub away the blurriness. Ru was laying on top of me, his head to the side as he looked at me. He smiled sweetly, his light green eyes softening as he looked at me. "Yes?" I asked my voice groggy from my nice sleep. He gentle shook my arm and gave me the puppy dog eyes. "Today's really special." He said leaning in towards me again. I sat straight up, my tangled hair hanging in my face. "What?" I asked softly. " Ha Min's birthday today!" He cooed before jumping off the couch, kicking his feet up in the process. I blinked at him and went wide eyed. "It is?" I asked in disbelief. He never mentioned anything about his birthday coming up...I didn't even get him something. Ru tilted his head to the side and deep side. "Well, now that I think of it... All of our birthday's are coming up." He said tapping his finger against her chin. I heard the rapid voices of everybody walking downstaires and the urgent voices. Tae Jun was in the lead, Reita by his side. They all were already dressed and wide awake, unlike me. "Chloe!" Luhan said before jogging towards me. "Yes?" I asked before yawning once more. "No, you can't be tired." Reita said gentle tapping my cheeks with his hands. I sighed, looking at all of them. Why are they always trying to wake me up? A girl needs to sleep in to, ya know. I groaned loudly.

               "We were wanting to do something for his birthday." Tae Jun chimed in, looking at the others. I went wide eyed and bit my bottom lip as footsteps approached us from behind. "You don't have to guys." Ha Min responded softly, walking behind the counter. He casually was holding a white cup of coffee in his hand, and it steamed making it brush against his pale face. "But we want to." JongJin objected making the others all gang up on Ha Min. It's not really a surprise if he knows... "Well, We could always just do something." I said with a casual shrug. He looked at me and raised his eye brow. "Like what? Go to the park and play on the equipment?" He said sarcastically. Ru gasped and pressed his hands against his cheeks. "Yes! That sounds fun!" He gasped looking at all of us before covering his mouth, his eyes wide and filled with pure hope. "Ru, you do know he was being sarcastic, right?" Tomo asked with a sigh. Ru blinked and nodded even though he didn't seem to care. "Fine." Ha Min mumbled rolling his eyes. They all gave each other high fives before looking at me. "Chloe needs to get dressed." Miku said looking at me, already decked out in a blue tank top and black skinny jeans. I flopped on the couch once more and looked straight up at the ceiling. "You should wear that one dress." Tae Jun suggested from beside me. I looked at him and blushed heavily at that memory. I groggily leaped onto my barely concious feet before trudging up staires to where my barely used room was. The steps creaked under my feet as I walked. 

                         I twirled in my huge mirror that stretched from the ceiling to the white carpet one last time before giving a curt nod. I went all out, straighting my hair even more and puting on some make up. I walked down stairs, hopping them two at a time like Ru does. Everybody was impatiently waiting for me and I quickly shuffed my feet towards them. "There you..." Reita went to stop to only stop and look at me. The boys smiled widely as they saw how fancy I was. "Wow, she went all out for you." JongJin joked playfully elbowing Ha Min. His face was bright red as he looked at me. I akwardly looked away and Tae Jun smiled hugely at me in awe. "Come on. You can sit beside me again." He said grabbing my hand as we all walked out the door. I frowned at the dull and plain weather. Heavy gray clouds hung in the sky making the temperature hot and humid. We all climbed inside the black mustang, I struggled to breath but the heat was trapped tightly inside the car, making it hard to breath. We all smushed in together, and Tae Jun grabbed my waist, making me gasp slightly. I blushed as I sat on his lap, pulling me closer to him. I layed my head back on his chest, making him look down at me. He smiled slightly, making my cheeks burn. Tomo was watching us from the review mirror, making Luhan nudged his arm and telling him to pay attention. Ru was clinging to my arm, his head on my shoulder already asleep. Ha Min was asleep as well, the roaring of the deep engine not buging them. I realized I couldn't stop looking at him, realizing how cute he really was. I gulped nervously and forced myself to not keep staring at them. I looked out the window, trying not to embarrass myself anymore then I already did. 

                     "Were here!" Reita yelled in my ear from behind me. I jumped and screamed, before quickly covering my mouth. Wide green grass stretched around us, and huge equipment was alined all around us as well. Moneky Bars, Swing seats and all others stuff was spread out giving people space to run and walk and do whatever they want. A huge wide oak tree towered above everything, it's branches reaching up to the sky. Everbody slowly climbed out and looked around in awe. "Come on, Race you!" Ha Min said suddenly, nudging me. I looked at him and before I could react, he was already running ahead of me. "Hey!" I cried out running behind him, him only a small speck as I ran. He looked back and laughed, flicking me off. He might be turning eighteen, but he acts like a five year old. Ru and the others followed more slowly, walking side by side. "Let's swing!" Ru said tugging on my arm like a excited little kid. He skipped towards a swing seat before sitting in one of the bright blue swings. "Chloe, what are you doing here?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I spun around with a wide smile to see Baro standing there. We haven't talked since the incident with the school, and honestly...I don't really like him more then a friend anymore. "Hey." I replied softly. He walked calmly beside me, the long green grass brushing against my legs making me edgey as I struggled not to laugh. "Were celebrating Ha Min's birthday," I said quickly looking away. He just simply smiled, nothing but pure kidness in his bright brown eyes. "Oh, that's nice." He said cheerfully. 

                 Miku's POV: "Oh great..." I heard Tae Jun said from beside me. We all were alined on the swings, enjoying ourselves. The wind hit my face, before it made my hair hit me in my pale face once more. "Is she talking to Baro?" Reita asked from further down the line. I narrowed my eyes and gasped slightly as I realized that she was. He was looking at her with the same passion in his eyes, and Chloe's sweet smile she always flashed at him. Ha Min stared at them, before slamming his feet on the ground, kicking up the molach. It sprayed everywhere, making him come to a stop. "Why is she talking to him?" He growled, making Tae Jun stop as well from beside him. "They have been friends for a long time." I said with a casual shrug, holding my hand above my eyes from the blinging light. He snickerd and looked down at his lap in deep thought. "I still can't believe she's friends with him." Reita mumbled making a face in disguist. "I can't believe she has friends at all." Ha Min said leaning foreword to look at him. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Tae Jun who was glaring heavily at him. "You now you don't mean that." He snapped, taking me by surprise. Ha Min looked at him in slight shock at his hostility. Everyone looked at them and I gulped slowly. "What do you mean?" Ha Min mumbled, staring at him. Tae Jun leaped off the swing, walking away with him to only have Ha Min follow him. "You know as well as I do that you care about her." He said facing his friend. Ha Min opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "Guys...Really.." I said. 

                   "How would you know? Your not me. Just because you might care for her, doesn't mean I do." He said, his anger showing slightly. Ru and Reita both looked at each other weirdly. "Then stop playing this game with her. She thinks your her friend, if you not...Say so right now. Your only hurting her." Tae Jun said clenching his fist tightly. Ha Min glared, his old hate filled expression returning. "I never said I wasn't her friend. And you can't make me do anything." He said spat, before looking away. Tae Jun tensed up, and clenched his teeth. "She likes you. And I consider you lucky, any guy would be lucky to have her. So don't you waste that." He shouted, his voice rising. Ha Min snickered, even though he looked madder then ever. "Why don't you tell her how you feel if you care for her so much?" He snapped. Tae Jun flinched, Ha Min quickly looking away. Without a warning, Tae Jun's fist came flying towards Ha Min's face. I gasped as his whole body jerked back and he landed on the ground. "First of all... You deffianately don't tell me what to do or how I feel.. And that's for being selfish and not admitting to your feelings! You only care about yourself!" He snapped. Ha Min glared at him through his dark bangs, whipping his bloody lip. "You want to play that way?" He growled before leaping on his feet and punching him back as well. "Stop them!" I yelled at the others. They all were wide eyed in amazement and fear. Tae Jun and Ha Min hammered away at each other, spitting comments at each other. Reita lunged foreword, pushing between them. 

                  "Guys, stop." Reita said, shoving them away from each other. They both were breathing heavily, and blood trickled down their faces. Chloe gasped and ran over to us. "What happened?" She screamed, slapping her hand over . Ha Min and Tae Jun glared heavily at each other, making me shudder. I don't think their friends anymore... Chloe looked at me, in alarm. "Are you going to tell her?" Ha Min snapped, whipping his bloody lip. Chloe looked at Tae Jun who looked at her and sighed. "No, I'll show her." He said before grabbing her tightly. I went wide eyed as he pressed his lips firmly against hers. Chloe was wide eyed at first, and to my huge surprise, she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck, making their kiss more passionate. Ha Min's eyes teared up slightly as he looked at them both. His eyes were filled with clear tears, but he whipped them away violently as they broke apart and looked at him. "See? I am a true friend. And I do care about her, and I'm not ashamed to say so." He said glaring at Ha Min. "You bastard..." He growled, clenching his fist. Tae Jun's eyes was filled with regret and hurt. "You...You were the person I looked up to. I guess I'm wrong... Maybe your right...But I guess that doesn't matter." He said, not looking at Tae Jun. Before he could apologize, or even say anything, he raised his fist and hit him square in the face. He landed on the ground with a loud thud. "Ha Min-" Chloe began, helping Tae Jun up to his feet who had his hand over his nose. "No. Apparentally I'm not good enough...So why even try?" He mumbled.

                  He looked away before running off, not even giving us all a second glance. "Ha Min!" Tae Jun said softly, regret in his voice. I went wide eyed and without thinking, I ran after him quickly. Ru screamed my name before running beside me. I felt the others watch us as we chased after Ha Min. He looked back at us and glared heavily before running quicker. What the heck? When did he become a professional runner? "I knew...We shouldn't...Let him join track..." Ru panted from behind me, wobbling unsteadily on his feet. I struggled to keep my breathing under control, my lungs aching and my vision beginning to go blurry. Ru still struggled to keep up with me. We finally reached the town, were cars clogged up the thick road, the honking of horns of cars and the voices of people talking through me off track. "Ru, do you see him?" I asked, my breath coming in shallow gasp. Sweat dripped down his forehead and he looked around slowly, his light green eyes scanning the ground. "There!" He said before dashing off once more. I gasped and dashed after him. Ha Min turned the corner sharply, as if he was hoping as he would loose us. We followed but stopped when we heard voices coming out from behind us. Ha Min was looking around in alarm, backing up slowly to only bump into me. I felt my blood freeze as familiar people stepped out. Angel and Joey and his gang appeared in front of us, laughing loudly. I turned around to run out, but Joey's two buff guys blocked the alleway exit, their faces covered in faint scars from Ha Min. "What do you want?" I snapped. 

                         Ru's POV: What do I do? I stood my ground even though deep down I felt scared and worried. I'm not the best fighter...How am I supposed to defend Miku and Ha Min if I can't even fight. "Oh, just revenge sweet heart." A boy named Joey cooed, grabbing a silver baseball bat his friend tossed to him. He tapped it against his hand before looking at us. I went wide eyed as he smacked it hard against Ha Min's face. I gasped as he fell at my face with a loud thud. They all laughed gleefully, and Ha Min shakily lifted himself up, looking into a small puddle that was beneath him. Blood dripped into it, making it run red. "That's for taking my girl!" He shouted once more before swinging it hard, smacking it into his ribs. "Stop!" Miku screamed before running towards them. The other body guard grabbed her wrist, holding her in place. Two more friends that looked like they were twins walked towards us as well. They both had black flippy hair that fell in their unseen eyes. "Hold him." Joey said his dark brown eyes glowing with excitement. The two twins exchanged looks before grabbing Ha Min and grabbing his arms, forcing them behind his back. Ha Min struggled to get loose, but they kept a tight grip on him. The boy with a blonde buzz cut stood in front of me, giving me a warning look to try and get past him. "Where is she? We want out revenge on her..." Joey growled before giving a sickening blow to the face with the bat once more. Ha Min's head hung down weakly, and blood trickled out of his mouth. "I'm...Not telling...You..." He choked out weakly. No! 

                        Joey clenched the blood bat tighter in his hands, narrowing his eyes. "Where is Chloe? And your friends as well." He shouted before punching him straight in the mouth. I felt tears form in my eyes, and they blurred my vision. Anger seemed to take over me, and I punched the boy hard as I could in the mouth. I ran straight for Ha Min and stood in front of him protectively. I closed my eyes tightly for the pain and the torture, but nothing happened. I felt warm tears stream down my cheeks, and Joey looked at me for a long time. "How about you and me make a deal?" He asked suddenly, making my heart pound in my chest. Ha Min slowly raised his head, his face all beaten up. "What deal?" He choked out, before glancing at me. "You stay with me and do whatever I say, and I leave Chloe and the others alone." He said softly. I gasped and faced Ha Min. "No! Don't do it!" I screamed, my voice cracking as more warm tears streamed down my face. He's going to kill him! Ha Min looked away from me, closing his eyes tightly. I grunted as one of the boys came up from behind me and shoved me hard on the ground, making me fall away from him. "Fine." He said at last. The two twin boys let him go, making him fall to the ground. He was breathing heavily, and he shakily stood up, leaning on the wall. "What are you doing...Ha Min..." I said my words muffled by me crying so hard. He didn't say anything and he just pushed into his arms. "It's ok, Ru. Everything's going to be ok." He whispered in my ear. I closed my eyes tightly and hugged him tighter.

                       "You can't leave us...We need you." I sobbed, refusing to let him go. His clothes were drenched as I sobbed harder. "Ru, you need to be strong.  Your my little brother, and you know I hate to see you cry. Promise me you'll keep this a secret and stay strong." He said, tears filling his different colored eyes. My heart seemed to break and I struggled to stay strong and struggled not to cry. He is like my brother...And I love him to death. "You need to leave." Joey shouted, shoving me hard. I stumbled away from Ha Min who looked away, not looking at us. Miku dashed off, and I followed closely behind her. "If you tell anybody, I'll kill him and all of you." Joey shouted from behind us. I forced myself to run faster, as if I convinced myself I could somehow run away from this reality. We finally reached the park, and I didn't even notice how weak my body was. I collasped on the soft grass in front of everybody. Chloe gasped and bent down to me. I struggled to lift my head up and look at her. She went wide eyed as she saw how beaten up me and Miku was. "What happened to you?" She gasped in alarm. "We got jumped." Miku gasped, laying on her back on the grass. We both exchanged looks knowing we couldn't tell them. "Did you catch him?" Tae Jun asked, and I could tell he's been crying. "No...He was to fast." I lied, struggling to keep down my tears. They all looked down and sighed loudly. ' 'Be strong' Ha Min's words echoed in my head like a song, and I struggled to convince myself to do so. "Are you ok?" She asked looking directly at me. "Yes." 

                   I looked at all of them and Tae Jun sighed. "I didn't mean to...Loose him.." He said before crying once more. I looked at him astonishment. He's never cried like that... The others looked away, as if fighting back tears as well. I jumped as thunder and lightning cracked in the sky, making lighting flash. Chloe gasped and jumped. I frowned as rain poured down on us, making me squint my eyes as ran dripped down my bloody face. "We better get going." Tomo said looking at all of us. We all nodded in agreement and walked towards the black mustang. "He does care for you." I said, looking over at her. She looked at me, her make up smeared on her pale face. "And...I do to, honestly." I said forcing a smile. I gentle whiped the make up off her face, her still looking at me. I walked ahead, not knowing what else to say. I gasped as I looked at our car, it was completely totaled. Our windshield was smashed, along with our windows. There was dents and the tires were flat and popped as well. Sitting on top of the hood of the car was Joey and his gang. Ha Min was sitting with them, not saying one word as they all laughed evilly. Chloe gasped as she saw him, and a hurt expression washed all over her face. "Well, look what happened here." Joey cooed sliding off making the car shake. The others did the same, landing perfectly. The others were wide with pure shock. "Ha Min, what are you doing?" Reita blurted out, his eyes wide. Ha Min stood beside Joey, who smiled at him. "What do you mean?" He replied coldly, taking me by surprise. Reita flinched.

                      Chloe's POV: Please...No...Don't let him be with him. "We came to teach you all a lesson, right Ha Min?" Joey said giving a evil smirk. He nodded in agreement, looking at Joey and giving a cold smile. I felt tears blur my vision and for a moment I felt like I couldn't breathe. Why does he have to be with them? Please..Anyone else but him. "What are you looking at?" Ha Min snapped, taking me by surprise. He was looking directly at me. I went wide eyed and closed my eyes tightly. "Were sorry! Please...Ha Min..." I begged, looking up at him. He met my watery eyes and clenched his teeth. "No. All you did was hold me back. Did you honestly think I care about you?" He asked with a mean snicker. He looked at Joey who laughed loudly. Reita charged foreword, tackling him on the ground. Ha Min kicked him off, before decking Reita straight in the nose. He stumbled away, looking at Ha Min fear. Hurt swirled in his eyes. Ha Min looked away, not looking at us. "Why?" I asked softly, looking at him. He walked over to me slowly, and he looked down at me. His expression gave nothing away. "Your worthless, that's why. You don't belong here." He said in a deep whisper. I looked up at him, his words piercing through my heart like a sword. "I-I know...You don't mean that..." I said forcing myself to look away. He blinked and looked down at me, not saying anything. "Want him to prove it?" Joey asked, tilting his head to the side. I went wide eyed as Angel appeared, skipping up to him. Ha Min glared at me, giving a half smile before kissing her. 

                   Angel looked at me and snickered. "You actually thought he loved you or something?" She growled. I looked down, feeling warm tears stream down my face. I clenched my fist and grabbed the silver cross that dangled around my neck. I grabbed the cold metal and yanked hard, breaking it. I threw it hard at his feet, making him look down. He slowly looked up at me, his wet bangs plastered to his face. "I...I can't believe you used me...I thought you were my friend...I thought I was something to you.." I sobbed, the tears starting to mask my pale face. The others looked at me, and Tae Jun gentle rested his hand on my shoulder. Ha Min picked up the cross and held it in his hand. "You wish. Sorry, but it was all a lie." He replied his cold eyes burning into me. I gulped and struggled to keep my cool. I stomped towards him and shoved him hard, making him stumble backwards. "I hate you!" I shouted feeling more tears stream down my face. He snickered and gave a half smile. "I hate you to." He said softly. I looked at him and lifted my hand, smacking him hard across the face. He didn't say anything as the sickening sound echoed around us. He looked at me, his eyes filled with pain and regret. His eyes filled with tears and he sharply looked away. "Come on, we don't need these losers anymore." Joey said before kicking mud on me, making it splatter on my white dress. I blinked away tears.  Ha Min looked at all of us before walking past us, not saying anything. Ru and Miku looked at each other, tears in their eyes. They both looked sympathetic. 

                        I looked down at my feet for a long time. I should have never came back, I should have known something like this was going to happen. I forced myself to look at everybody else. "You don't need him..." Tae Jun said before hugging me tightly. I automatically clinged onto him like glue, hugging him tigthly. "I..Do though..." I mumbled softly. He looked down at me and looked away slowly, as if I just slapped him. "Aren't I good enough?" He whispered, his voice barely a whisper. I opened my mouth to reply, but closed it. I...I know I'm in love with Tae Jun... But there's something about Ha Min. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean.-" I began but he gentle touched my cheek and pressed his lips against mine softly. It was so passionate and meaningful that I wished I could have stayed that way with him forever. But how can you let go of somebody you have feelings for first? I think I have feelings for Ha Min....But...I guess they were fake. Tae Jun looked at me, sadness in his light blue eyes. "You are good enough." I said softly, holding him close to me. He smiled slightly and pressed his forehead against mine. "How are we going to get home?" Tomo blurted out, looking at our totaled car. Luhan threw his hands up in the air in overdramatic anger. "I have no idea." He said in defeat. "We could always walk." I suggested. They all nodded and we all huddled together as we all walked back towards the house. I'm glad it isn't to far away, even though we'll all be drenched by the time we get there. Ru and Miku looked at everybody as if they were hiding something secretive.

                     I shrunk down as the cold soaked through my clothes, and I struggled to keep warm. Tae Jun wrapped his leather jacket around me as I shivered, struggling to keep warm. We all finally reached the huge white house a couple moments later, making me sigh with slight relief. We all trudged onto the white drenched porch and all shuffled our way inside the house. I looked down at the photo Ru picked up, it was the photo of all of us posing together. He glanced at me, his same sadness reflecting back at me. I gulped and grabbed it, before slowly ripping it in half. The two halfs fell on the ground, and I watched them fall. Everybody slowly went to their rooms, as if they need some time alone. I sat on the couch and layed back, looking at the white ceiling that lit up as the lighting lit up the room. Tae Jun and Ru both sat beside me, making me feel more comforted. I scooted closer to them and closed my eyes slowly. Ru layed his head on my arm, making me smile slightly. I have these guys, and they are all I need. They all I need to stay strong, they are my best friends and I love them both. I ducked and flinched as lightning struck outside. In the dead silence, I sighed. "I can't stay here." I said speaking my inner feelings. I can't deal with all of this pain, and I don't want to suffer anymore. He gasped softly, and held me tighter to him. "Please don't leave. I can't loose you to." He said softly. I looked down and buried my head in his chest, enjoying his warmth. He gentle kissed my forehead, gentle my face. "We all need to stick together." He mumbled.