Walking away

Fates Way

 Chloe's POV:  "Oh god...I'm so nervous." I mumbled, pacing back and forth. I had both of my arms wrapped around myself tightly. I felt my heart hammering against my chest and I struggled to calm my breathing. It's been two days since Tae Jun propsed to me. I gulped and looked at the others that watched me with slight worry in their eyes. "Can you stop pacing? Your making me dizzy." Reita mumbled shaking his head as he took his gaze off of me. I groaned and stopped, and rubbing my aching head. I'm to young to be married...I have to much to expierement with. "If you think it's to soon, why don't you ask him to posptone it?" Luhan asked softly, flashing a perfect smile. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "I can't. Don't you see how happy and excited he is about this?" I asked softly.  They all huffed, and exchanged looks with each other. That's the last thing I'd want to do to him. He's been such a great person towards me and for me. I slowly sat down and sighed, covering my eyes. "Just try calming down, ok? Were all here for you." The soft voice of Ru said softly. My only reply to him was leaning myself against his shoulder. I felt his gaze burn into me and he held me tighter and closer. I looked up as there was the presence of another person entering the room. I looked up to see Ha Min. He avoided my gaze and slowly sat down beside Tomo. The atmosphere grew really intense and quiet. I scooted closer to Ru for comfort. Ha Min glanced over at me, expecting to receive a glare but it was just a calm and sad stare. I gulped and quickly looked away. Why is he so upset? Memories of two nights ago flashed in our head. 'I love you'. His words echoed in my head like a unforgettable song. 

                 I jumped as I heard Tae Jun's voice before he jogged over to me. I squealed as he dove on the couch on me and Ru. I grunted under his weight and struggled to get my uncontrollable laughter steady. Everbody smiled at us while some shook their head with a smug smile. Ha Min stood up and quickly walked out without saying anything else to me. "Is he ok?" Tae Jun asked, softly climbing off of me. I sat up and followed his worried gaze. I shrugged and quickly stood up, shuffling my feet across the tan carpet. I hesitated at the front door and took a deep breath. I at least have to talk to him....If I don't, things are going to get worse. I opened up the door, making it squeak loudly. Ha Min was sitting on the edge of the balckoney, looking out at the beach that stretched behind their house. He glanced over at me and didn't say anything as I grabbed the railing and sat on it beside him. "Look, why don't you go back inside with all of your friends....And you fiance." He said coldly. He didn't take his gaze off the crashing waves that washed in and out. "No. I want to sit here with you." I said softly. He didn't say anything except quickly looking away from me. "Ha Min, I-" I began softly but he looked at me, cutting me off. "Listen. There isn't anything you can do to make this better. Your getting married...And like you said before, your feelings for me are in the past." He said his eyes beginning to water. I looked at  him, unable to find the right words to say to him. He looked so broken and hurt, that I felt my heart shattering to a million pieces. "T-That's not true though." 

                        He looked at me as if he was debating wether he should believe me or not. "I really do love you. But, I also love Tae Jun. But I don't know what to do anymore." I explained looking at him longingly. He sighed and shut his eyes tightly. "I...I love too. But, let's face reality...This isn't going to work out. You love him more then me. Let's just walk away." He said before slowly climbing off of the balkoney. I felt pain stab my heart repeatedly, looking at the spot where he was a moment ago. Walk...Away? I blinked away tears and struggled to remain strong. I can't.. I looked after him, his head hanging down and I could see him violently whipping his face with his hand, as if whipping away tears. "What are you doing out here?" The voice of dad said from behind me. I jumped and looked over to see the manager. He was holding a pipe in his hand, and he lit it before closing on eye as the smoke flowed in his eyes. "Talking to Ha Min." I said softly, still in a slight daze. He nodded slowly, going wide eyed. "Poor kid. He's heart broken, you know..." He said softly, his voice muffled by the pipe between his teeth. I looked away and took a deep breath, making him rest his hand on my shoulder. "It's not your fault." He said after a long pause. I just walked inside, not wanting to talk to anybody right now. Once I was inside, I saw him sitting at the kitchen table with Reita at his shoulder, nodding as he spoke to him. He glanced up, stopping dead in his sentance before standing up quickly, shoving the chair in behind him. Reita looked over his shoulder quickly.

                   Miku's POV: "I completely blew it Miku." A voice said from behind me. I looked back to see Chloe standing there. Her head was hanging down, and tears were stained on her pale face. I looked at Luhan who was beside me. "What do you mean?" He asked soothingly. He knelt down in front of her in a way a older brother would. "I...I am at war with my heart." She whispered softly. I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it. There isn't much I can say to her. He gentle her face, saying soothing words in her ear. I looked up as everyone walked towards us. "The lemozine will be here soon to take her to the church." The dad said standing in front of Luhan. He glanced up and gave a curt nod. The dad looked at Chloe with pride and emotion glowing in his dark eyes. He was dressed up fancily, his normal tux ironed and he slightly fixed it so that it wasn't crooked. Chloe straightened and sniffled. Her face was bright red and puffy, but she forced her smile. She walked out and I sighed heavily. "This is to soon for her." Luhan said looking after her with a troubled look on his face. I nodded slowly and looked around. All the boys were struggling to get ready for the big event. Ru and Reita leaned on each other as they got dressed into their tux. Ha Min was the only one who wasn't budging, he was calmly talking to JongJin. "Are you sure?" JongJin asked slowly, dismay and sadness in his voice. He nodded, his bangs covering his eyes. "Yeah. You guys will do great in the band without me. Tell the fans that I'm really sorry." He said before walking off. 

                       I stopped and felt my mouth drop open in disbelief. Without thinking, I grabbed Ha Min's arm. He gasped as a fancy note fell out of his hands. It was still in a white envelop and it was barely torn. I picked it up and slid the letter out. It was in fancy, swirled writing and I struggled to read it. It was from a commander in the army, and it was requesting that he joined it from high request from his father and uncle. I felt my body go limp, and it slowly fell ont he ground like a leaf falling from a tree. "No...You can't." I choked out. Ha Min looked away and sighed. "There's really nothing for me here. Everybody is going to carry on with their lives." He said softly. The way he said it made everything make sense... Me and Key would eventually get married....Everbody will carry on with the band and eventually grow up and have kids and Ha Min would be in the army. He looked down at a green uniform that was clenched tightly in his arms. "What about Chloe?" JongJin asked, making him wince. He closed his eyes for a long time. "I give up...She isn't mine anymore." He said before slowly walking away. I watched him quickly walk up staires, making it echo around us. "We have to stop him...He can't just leave!" I blurted out. Ru popped up from behind me  and blinked in slight confusion. "I know...Chloe will be all grown up and stuff...I'm going to cry when she goes on her honey moon. Tae Jun better treat her right!"  He growled before popping his knuckles. "You sound like her angry mother.... But yes. I will treat her right." Tae Jun laughed from further away. I smiled.

                 The room buzzed as Chloe slowly walked downstaires. "It's bad luck to see your bride on the wedding day!" Reita yowled before puting Tae Jun in a head lock. Tae Jun laughed and didn't struggle as Reita covered his eyes with his hand. Chloe looked at all of us before she passed, a huge smile on her face for the first time. I felt happiness glow inside of me. Hopefully she'll be ok. I covered my mouth as Ha Min was standing beside the door. He was wearing his army uniform and he slowly lifted his arm and saluted her. Chloe went wide eyed and gasped, her happy expression comepletely disappearing. She wasn't able to stop and talk to him, her mother and father ushered her out quickly, making her look over her shoulder at him. The door closed quickly behind us and there voices lingered outside for a while before followed by a roaring of a car before it sped off. Ha Min closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "A-Are you really doing this?" Tae Jun asked softly, walking towards him. Ha Min smiled and gentle rested his hands on his shoulders. "Yeah. I'm going to be ok. You go and be happy as well." He said before dipping his head. Tae Jun hugged him tightly, not wanting a simple good bye. Everybody slowly got up and struggled to hide their tears. "You can't give up on her, though." I objected, pulling him by the arm in the kitchen. He glared heavily and sighed. "I told her earlier that we both need to just walk away from each other." He objected stubbornly. Walk away? Doesn't he see how crushed she is? "She can't...She's trying but she can't." 

                He stared at me and shoved his hands in his uniform pockets. "You don't understand. Why would I want to tear her away from somebody she loves? What me and her had was in the past. It...It was everything to me, but it doesn't matter anymore." He said his voice trembling. The face of her broken hearted expression hung in my head, and I struggled to urge him harder. "That's what your doing! Your pushing her away...When she loves you the most...." I said slowly. He closed his eyes and looked down slowly. "Miku, just let it go. It's over now....She's not mine anymore...The best I can do is be there for her at a distance." He said before slowly turning around. I gasped and watched him walk off, leaving me standing in the empty kitchen with a dumbfounded expression. I gulped and slowly looked at my feet and gulped slowly. "You see how perfect they are together to?" Reita said, making me jump. He shook his head slowly and sighed. I'm not giving up...I want her with him...Tae Jun treats her right, but it's not the same. It's not what it should be... "It's all over now. We can't just crash her wedding." Tomo objected shaking his head slowly. Everybody nodded and mumbled their agreements. I sighed and looked at the door where Ha Min walked out. "Maybe...A miracle will happen." Ru whispered, looking at all of us. "Something that will make it better, you know?" He said with a happy smile. I looked down and we all walked out the door, in a huge circle. "Come on, where going to be late." The dad said pushing us all towards the other lemo that pulled up.

                        Ha Min's POV: I watched the lemo pull out of the narrow drive way, clenching the edge of the porch balconey. I closed my eyes as the roaring of the car died away, leaving me here in the muted atmosphere. I'm surprised I let myself get this far...I sighed and leaned against the railing, looking up at the perfect gray sky. It was so hard to let her go....A part of me feels like I did the wrong thing. All I have to do now is wait for the my father and uncle to come and get me. The thought of my father still being alive shocked me. I thought they were both gone for ever, but I'm slightly happy to see them again. I jumped as I heard tires crunching towards me. There was a black jeep speeding towards the house. I lifted my head and waved a nice greeting. A man with slight gray hair waved back and he got out quickly as the car came to a screeching stop. He was wearing a fancier uniform, with buttons and markings on it. I met his bright brown eyes and saluted quickly. He smiled, and instead of doing it back, he pulled me into his arms. "It's so good to see you..." He said, his voice trembling. I stood there rigidly. "It's good to see you to, father." I replied softly. I haven't seen him in forever, but I know it was him. He pulled away a moment later and looked me up and down. His dark black hair had gray hairs poking out, and a slight beard was spread across his tan face. "He sure has grown." A voice said. I looked at him and smiled. He was a heavy set man made of muscle, and he had dark brown hair and bangs that slightly stuck up. "Hey, Uncle Chase." I said.

                 He pulled me into another hug, but he wasn't wearing a uniform. He hugged me, his voice raspy in my ear. Once we were done hugging each other, he looked at me and smiled hugely. "Ready to go?" He asked softly. I nodded and followed them all to the black jeep. "I heard Tae Jun's getting married." He said as we all clambered inside the small and cheap jeep. I fidgeted on the uncomfortable black leather seats. "Yeah. To Chloe, my best..." I stopped slowly and looked down at my black shoes. They both fell silent, the only sound of the clicking of the seat belts as they finished getting strapped in. "Somebody sounds like they have had a bad love life." Uncle Chase commented, before glancing back at me with a sympathetic look. I just forced myself to look out of the small and smudged window that barely rolled all the way up. I really want to see them all one last time....At least before I leave. "Ha Min, would you like to say good bye?" My father asked over the whizzing of the wind of his window being down. I looked up, my face lighting up. "Yeah." I said, trying not to sound to excited. He smiled and turned sharply, and I realized that a small white church was coming into view. Cars were parked everywhere outside, and I gulped. We all looked at each other before parking beside the silver mustang. I got out quickly, barely waiting for my dad to follow. I walked inside to see everybody still talking excitedly together. Some rich people talked, and some rather poor people was there as well. I ignored the weird and dumbfounded looks and kept going.

                              "Ha Min!" A voice shouted. I spun around to have Ru collide into me. I laughed and stumbled backwards at his impact. The others jogged towards me, hugging me tightly. Seeing them all together like this seemed to make a perminat smile mark my face. "I thought you perminately were gone." Ru whined, sadness clouding his chocolate, cake covered face. I chuckled and shook my head and hugged him tightly. "Ha Min..." A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Chloe. She looked so beautiful...For a moment my breath was tooken away from me and I just stared at her dumbfoundedly. I forced a smile and she hugged me tightly. She pulled me close to her, and I let myself hold her tight. The warmth of her made me want to keep her there forever. She looked up at me, emotions swirling into her blue eyes. "I came...To say goodbye." I said feeling my dad's gaze burn into my back. She went wide eyed and grabbed my hand, taking me by surprise. She closed her eyes, and sighed. "Ha Min...You can't leave. I at least need you by my side as well." She whispered, making my heart ache. "I have to." I said after a long pause. She looked up at me, and seeing her tears seemed to break me completely. I looked down and slowly took of my heavy cross necklace and handed it to her. She looked down at it, slightly open. "Just don't forget me, ok?" I whispered softly. She looked up at me with such longingness that I had to force myself to look away. "The reason I'd fight in this war, is to make you happy..and to protect you." 

                That seemed to break her as well. She sobbed heavily, making her make up stream down her pale face. I gentle grabbed her face, letting her lean in to me. I looked her directly in the eyes, wanting to kiss her and never let her go. You can't do that... I gentle her face, making her close her eyes blissfully. I shut my eyes tightly, not wanting her to see my tears. I gentle pressed my lips against her forehead, before slowly backing away. She sobbed softly, but I forced myself to clench my fist and ignore her plead. "Take care of her, guys." I said softly as I passed them all. I gasped as Reita slowly lifted his hand up and saluted. I gulped and struggled to fight back tears that blurred my vision. I did the same as they all joined in. My dad looked at me and rested his hand on my shoulder. "Your ok." He reassured me, making me repeat it to myself in my head. I looked back at all of them before I walked out slowly. Saying goobye was the hardest thing I could ever do. I ignored eye contact as I got in the car once more. I wish I could just disappear, and erase everything that has happened. I ignored my father's and uncle's voice and leaned against the warm window, laying my head on it. "Are you sure he's going to be ok?" I heard my uncle ask after a moment of silence. I could feel his gaze resting on me as there was the squeaking of his seat as he looked back at me. I heard my dad sigh and groaned. "I'm not sure...He's just suffering a major loss right now." He repiled softly. I struggled not to sit up and just hug him. At least he understands me.

                 Chloe's POV: "Are you ready for this?" My father asked, standing in front of me. I gulped and struggled to stop my hands from trembling. He looked at me with pride and tears in his eyes. "You look so beautiful." He cooed softly, he gentle touched my face. It's finally time...I shakily locked my arm with his and looked at the wooden door that loomed ahead of us. I struggled to place one foot of another, looking straight ahead. The double doors squeaked open loudly, and I felt my fear rise inside my chest. My dad rested his hand on mine soothingly, making me breathe out softly. We both walked slowly, and I looked at my friends as they all stood up, smiling hugely at me. The music seemed to soothe me, and I took steady and deep breathes. Ru was watching me in awe like the others were, smiles on their faces. I felt a automatic smile spread across my lips. I can do this... I stopped in front of Tae Jun who looked just as scared as I did. He smiled a perfect smile that made me feel more confident. I looked over at the others who looked at me steadily. I felt my heart collasp as I realized that Ha Min left before the wedding started. Ha Min... The same old emotions swirled inside me. He won't be cheering for me...Our hugging to congratulate me. "Chloe?" Tae Jun whispered, snapping me back to reality. I jumped and looked at him in surprise. "Vows?" The preacher said with a slight chuckle. I gulped and repeated him, even though I could barely keep the shakiness out of my voice. Miku met my gaze, but her smile automatically faded as I looked at her. Great.

                "Speak now or forever hold your peace if you wish for them to not be married." The preacher declared, scanning the faces. Everbody shifted their weight and I swore I saw Reita shoot Ru a swift glare as he opened his mouth slightly. "Wait!" A voice shouted and the double doors opened. I looked over and gasped. "Ha Min?" Tae Jun whispered half to him self. He was standing at the door way, panting heavily. He looked at us both, before finally catching his breath. "Do you wish for them not to be married?" The preacher asked, making all eyes focus on him. Ha Min slowly walked towards us both, ignoring the whispers and comments about him. "Yes." He said, not daring to look at Tae Jun. I looked at him, to see pure sadness in his different colored eyes. He...Came back for me. "Why so?" The preacher growled. "Chloe, please...I was wrong. Have you ever heard of the expression if you truely loved something, let it go?" He asked softly. I jumped as he gentle grabbed my hand, meeting my gaze. "I...I can't let you go. You are a part of me...And I'm not going to give in. Not now, not anymore. Because...I love you." He said making everyone gasp from around us. I looked at Tae Jun who stared expressionlessly at us both. He looked down and sighed. "Choose Chloe. I can't stand this anymore...The back and forth. Please..." He begged softly, letting his head hang down. I gulped slowly. Why me?  Ha Min slightly looked away, as if he was second guessing himself. "Tae Jun..." I began, making them both look at me at the same time. "I can't do this." 

                     He gave a half smile and chuckled softly. Sadness flooded his face for a moment, but he just calmly layed both hands on my shoulders. "I had a feeling you loved him more then me...But, It's ok. I kind of knew, but I just didn't want to give in." He whispered softly. I felt guilt wash over me like a wave and for a moment I was afraid it was going to swallow me whole. "I am only your best friend...And I'd take that any day...But I still love you." He said before slowly looking at Ha Min. "I-I'm sorry..." Ha Min apologized, just looking as guilty. Tae Jun smiled and shook his head slowly. "You dork...Your just fighting for what you love." He said before slowly grabbing my hand, then Ha Min's. I blushed as he held my hand tightly. Ha Min gave one of his unique smiles, before pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, looking into his beautiful blue and green eyes. He leaned foreword and pressed his lips against mine. I held him closer, glad to finally be able to kiss him. Everbody cheered loudly, taking us both by surrpise. I giggled as the others stumbled up the steps towards us. Ru hugged me tightly from behind, making me gasp for air. "Yay! Me and her are married now." He cooed softly. Everbody laughed and Reita gentle hit him.  "You guys are finally together." Tomo sighed with relief. I giggled and felt heat slightly rise to me cheeks. "Now you owe me twentie dollars." JongJin said before looking at Reita. Ha Min ignored them and pulled me into another passionate kiss. I ignored all of the 'ooh's' from behind us. He's the right one for me. 

                           "Are we ready to go home?" The manager asked from behind us. We all nodded and the others excitedly stumbled down the staires, Tae Jun surprisingly one of them. Ha Min held my hand tightly as we both walked side by side. "What did you tell your father?" I questioned, my voice filled with pure joy of being able to finally do this with him. He glanced at me, the same happiness engulfed on his face. Once we were otuside, I titled my head back and took a deep breath of air. I finally can relax and feel the weight lift off my shoulders. I coughed loudly, taking everybody by surrpise. I cleared my throat, noticing a sharp pain in my chest. "You ok?" He asked from beside me, gentle giving my hand a slight shake. I nodded and continued to walk to the silver mustang. I looked at Tae Jun who looked the same way he did the first time I met him. We all clambered into the mustang, and I rolled my eyes and giggled as Ru clung on to me. "Are we married?" He asked softly. I looked over my shoulder and smiled before giving him a quick peck on the lips. "Yes." I said feeling my cheeks turn slightly red as he returned it passionately. "Hey. She's mine...Do I have to fight to keep you?" He groaned, looking down at me. I giggled and layed my head on his chest. I coughed once more, feeling Miku look at me sharply. "Are you sure your ok?" She asked more concernedly. I nodded and closed my eyes slowly, hugging him tightly. I just want to stay with them...And never say goodbye. As long as their with me, that's all that matters. They are my family <3