Let Me Know Pt. 1

My Prince of DESTRUCTION [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Kim Namjoon & Park Soyun's Story~

 

*Whisper* "I don't trust him with you." Suddenly Namjoon brought his lips so close to Soyun's ear that if she had moved a milometer, he literally would have kissed her earlobe. His warm hot breath shot right through her entire body as she nearly lost all of herself. Closing her eyes tightly, she didn't know what he was trying to do but all she could do at that moment was listen to his breath deepen right beside her.

*PLOP* Her eyes immediately shot open frantically, feeling the dead weight on her lap. She glanced down and all she could feel was her thumping reckless heart as her entire body heated up dangerously burning her inside out. Her face flushed a bright shade of crimson as she looked down at his sleeping figure yet again. He had looked like he hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep last night and the reason she knew was because she actually waited up for him to come home from Jin's house. Even though their rooms weren't right next to each others'; she could still hear him kicking and tossing things around late in the night to the wee hours of the morning. Namjoon's head laid peacefully on her lap and at that time all the anger that she had towards him vanished into thin air.

"Pabo. If you were tired, you should have just gone to bed." Soyun uttered out under her breath while lightly moving a few strands of hair that had fallen onto his face, unaware that Namjoon wasn't exactly Sleeping Beauty at that moment.

 

*Stare* Even when he was feeling extremely exhausted, his eyes never once left her sleeping figure hovering above over him; not even for a split second in time. It had probably been at least an hour or so since she had fallen asleep as he laid his head there comfortably in her lap. For the past hour, he had been fixated only on her sleeping face somehow fearing that she would disappear instantly in a blink of an eye if he had even slightly blinked for a mere second or so. He was subconsciously finding himself to be amused and enjoying the sight before his very eyes as her head cutely bobbed back and forth from time to time.

*Smile* A small smile crept onto his face as he literally had to bite his tongue in order to not let out the light chuckle that he so desperately wanted to free from his parted lips at that moment. Somehow Spyun looked really cute to him at that time, just like a soundlessly sleeping little kid. To him, she still looked the same. Maybe she had gotten taller but Soyun still looked like the same little girl who would always follow him around everywhere when they were younger. All these years, nothing had really changed; right?

Sure, he was good at denying it to everyone but deep down he surely knew better. He knew that she had definitely changed and so did he. Over the course of these past four days, they've both changed drastically and yet he was just too scared to admit to it. It was all too sudden for him to take in and he honestly wasn't prepared to admit the fact that he was starting to feel some sort of emotional tie towards this childhood "friend" of his without even knowing how or why. Truthfully, yes he knew that he was always protective over both Sora and Soyun and yet he just couldn't seem to comprehend this odd and drawn mixture of emotions that lingered over him when it came to especially Soyun of all people. You would think that he'd have these special feelings for the one girl he had been in love with for so long but that just wasn't the case. Somehow Soyun was different from everyone, everyone including Sora and he couldn't figure out why.

"Okay, let's try and walk through this again. So you're saying that Soyun is important to you and that you can't let anything happen to her. Isn't that how we all feel towards her though?"

She was and is someone important to him. That right there, he knew all too well as Jin's words from last night replayed themselves in his perplexed mind. He knew he treated her differently than they all did but why? Was it because he cared more for her? No, they all cared about the same amount as he did right?

"So, she's a friend that you care about? Or is she more than a friend?"

Namjoon was dead set on his answer last night while reluctantly conversing with his 6 witty best friends. Of course, Soyun was more than a friend to him and he himself had no room to deny that obvious fact. Sure, they were and have been childhood friends but she was more than that to him. More than a friend. What did that really mean?

"...more than a friend, she's like my little sister. Someone that I need to protect."

He was content with himself when his instant response escaped from his lips without even taking much effort. He answered Hoseok's abrupt question last night like it was second nature to him. He most definitely tried to reason out his emotions as though he was certainly just treating her like any normal older brother would towards their little sister. But somehow, he knew that that answer wasn't exactly the honest truth. The truth nearly crashed right through him as he stood witness to his own feelings an hour earlier when Myungsoo showed up at their doorstep. He didn't want to admit what he had already succumbed to, he couldn't possibly admit to it right?

"Okay okay, let's just say hypothetically speaking that you do decide not to take things further than your sister/brother/friendship thingy with her and one day she falls in love with some random guy. How would you feel then? Would you be upset?"

"I don't think so... I mean, I think I would be happy for her."

He was honestly being truthful when those words had suddenly slipped out of his mouth late last night. He was sure that if it had been anyone else at the front door during that moment, he would have been able to handle it slightly better. But Kim Myungsoo definitely wasn't just some "random guy" so of course Namjoon wasn't at all pleased. Soyun is someone very dear to him and she's someone that he always wanted to protect no matter what (just like an older brother would want to protect their little sister) or so he kept telling himself over and over again. After hearing Myungsoo's vulgar plan of wanting to confess to Soyun 3 years back, Namjoon couldn't let her out of his sight. If Myungsoo saw her like a "piece of meat" or some sort of "prize that needed to be won" than most likely so did all the other guys out there and that didn't settle all too well with Namjoon one bit. He reasoned out his feelings yet again to be that of an older brother who just wanted to keep her safe and sound. But when Myungsoo suddenly appeared today, something clicked inside of him that scared even he himself.

"So, you're saying you can live without her in your life?"

"Namjoon, she's not your real sister. When she gets a career, gets married, and has a life of her own; she won't always be able to be wherever you are and see you whenever you'd like her to."

Even when he tried to deny it, deep down he knew that his feelings for her had somehow grown more vibrant and inevitable. He never realized it before but a part of him had hid itself within her. Soyun had secretly kept a part of him that he himself didn't know was actually missing. When Myungsoo suddenly came out of nowhere, something clicked. He didn't want to loose her. He most definitely didn't want to let her go as though she was some sort of life support for him. When and where did all these built up emotions come from? Of course, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that Soyun wasn't his real sister but when he thought about life without her...

For the past 6 years, he has seen her 24/7 day and night. He has seen her at her happiest and during the deepest darkest parts of her life, he was there by her side through all of it. Honestly speaking though, life without her to him was unimaginable. He was so used to her being there whenever he'd wake up or when he went to bed at night, that he never thought twice about how much her absence from his life would affect him.  

"Unless you want to end up "Soyun-less" I suggest you think more in depth about your true feelings for her. And as your friends, we all hope that you can chase after her while you still can before someone else catches her~"

...before someone else catches her? Those words that Jimin had left him with last night had wracked up his brain to the wits end. His feelings were becoming more undeniable as the day went on and he couldn't lie to himself anymore. Namjoon never kept hidden the fact that he cared about Soyun to anyone but he couldn't fully understand his own emotions until an hour ago to say the least. Never in his life would he have thought to put the word "rival" into the same sentence as Kim Myungsoo and yet it happened the moment when Soyun had bluntly agreed to go out with that devious prick of a guy. Namjoon's blood was boiling at that mere point in time and never did he feel so much hatred towards someone in his entire life. There was one and only one explanation for his heart pounding outburst a split second later.

Namjoon knew that he was starting to feel and act differently towards Soyun more so recently than he had ever been before. He knew that at that moment when he harshly grabbed a hold of her hand and pulled her away from Myungsoo and towards himself without even thinking it through, that he was protecting Soyun but not because she was like his "little sister". Being around her lately had became a tad bit foreign to him and he honestly didn't know what to do with himself anymore. After overhearing Sora and Soyun's conversation a few nights back, he started to feel strange whenever they were in the same room as one another.

At first, it was pure guilt that overcame him and he himself knew that all too well. It wasn't that he was oblivious to her feelings, he knew she liked him for quite sometime now but he didn't want to accept the actual fact. Accepting that he knew her feelings for him would make things way too complicated and so he brushed it off as though he hadn't the slightest clue up until a few days ago did things start to change. But it wasn't guilt that lead him to his irrational behavior just a little while ago. Selfish? Was he being selfish for not wanting her to go with Myungsoo? No, it was much simpler than that. He was protecting her like he always was, keeping her safe and by his side. He was keeping her by his side for her own good right? Not exactly...

*Mumble* *"Aish, Park Soyun... Why are you making my head hurt?"* He mumbled angrily as he looked up at her yet again. She slightly stirred a bit in her sleep when his head shook subconsciously in her lap. He silently halted to a stand still just a mere second later, mentally kicking himself for almost waking her up. As her head bobbed up and down once again, he couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle this time around.

Soyun still pretty much looked the same as she diid when they first met but he couldn't deny that she had definitely changed somehow. Physically did she change? Not particularly, besides the fact that she had shot up a few feet. Her behavior on the other hand, he noted for sure had gone through a drastic 180 flip, she had suddenly became more outspoken than she had ever been in her entire life. Not that it was a bad thing but he had a bit of a hard time adjusting to her new found self. Honestly though, it was just the fact that he couldn't seem to accept the way she was making him feel lately. Even right at that moment, he was suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling of knots twisting around inside of his chest once again as his eyes studied her. Ever since she boldly stated that she wanted to be his "girlfriend" and that "kiss" she had left him with the other night did these strange feelings start to emerge every time she was near him. Physically, she hadn't changed all that much but why was he so mesmerized by her presence at that very moment? He recalled countless of times when he had laid in her lap and fell asleep without even thinking. But somehow today was different and even though his eyelids felt heavy like bricks were placed on top of them, he couldn't seem to close his eyes. He didn't want to look away from her, more precisely he couldn't look away.

*Stare* Her pale skin glowed radiantly under the sun's warm rays that lightly fell upon her sleeping face at that mere moment in time. Her soft pink lips slightly parted ways as she took a small breath of air, stirring a tad bit once again in her sleep as her eyebrows suddenly furrowed cutely in the midst of that moment. He was wondering what she was thinking or dreaming of at that time, trying extremely hard to hold in his laughter once more. He dared not to make a sound or move even the slightest bit, not wanting to wake her as her face scrunched up childishly while she was in her "dreamland". Every little detail came at him for the first time at that moment. For the first time, he noticed how beautiful she really was. Unlike Sora, she was a different kind of beautiful and he never really noticed it until now. He knew at that moment that she had changed and so did he.

The realization hit him hard, thinking back to when Myungsoo appeared out of the blue so suddenly so. Earlier, he had kept her by his side. He told himself that he was protecting her from getting hurt but honestly the real reason behind it was much more complex than he could have ever imagined. Park Soyun has definitely grown up, he finally had to admit that she has but for the longest time he actually didn't want her to "grow up" per say. Why? The answer came dauntingly a little while ago when Myungsoo appeared. He felt threatened, he was truthfully scared that Soyun would leave him. He was scared that she'd leave his side. The girl that he was so used to protecting would somehow disappear from his sight and that irked him. He didn't know how important she was to him until that point in time when he realized that he could loose her in a quick blink of an eye. God only knows why he was even thinking of such things at that moment but it really took a toll on him. He was glad when that little outburst erupted within himself because she was now safe with him right at that very moment and that's all that mattered to him.

*CLICK* Namjoon was so immersed in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize that the front door had suddenly creaked open.

*Step*

*Step*

*STEP* Light footsteps seemingly reached the side of the couch before silence took over the entire living room. A soft subtle gasp was heard just a few seconds later as Namjoon's life suddenly flashed before his very eyes.

"Namjoon??? Soyun..."

*EYES WIDEN* "..." Namjoon knew that voice all too well. He knew all too well that she would most likely misunderstand the current position that he was in. At such a moment, he could feel all the heat within his body radiate itself upward towards his cheeks as he saw her grinning face a foot away from the couch peering cheekily at him.

*Cough, cough* Namjoon was utterly shocked and frozen in time as he saw the women he's known his entire life, cover trying hard not to chuckle at the sight in front of her.

*STAND* "It's....It's not what you're thinking Omma!" Namjoon shot straight up when he finally regained consciousness and he was definitely turning redder than a cherry tomato at that moment while trying to claim all innocence.

*Chuckle* "Did I say I was thinking something~?" Namjoon's mom slyly did a double take while eying her son intently, pretending like she didn't see anything at all.

"IMO?!" With all the ruckus going on, Soyun suddenly awoke and stood straight up totally flustered  hearing Namjoon's mom lightly chuckling to herself right there in front of her. Needless to say, his mom was quite a playful woman as she came over to Soyun's side shortly after that and gently patted her shoulder sheepishly.

*Whisper* *"You did good~"* She suddenly whispered teasingly into Soyun's ear, followed by a playful wink as she pulled away with a bright smile plastered onto her face. With that, nothing further was said as she quickly went on with her merry way into the kitchen with the groceries that she had just brought home.
 
"..." Soyun stood there motionlessly rooted to that very spot, completely at a loss for words as Namjoon's mom had left the two teens in quite an embarrassing and awkward situation. Neither of them knew what to do or say at that point in time as both of their faces seemingly flushed with all the shades of red probable.
 
*SILENCE* It was awfully quiet for the next few minutes or so as they both dared not to move, yet alone glance over at one another; fearing that the other would see the unstable state that they were suddenly thrown into.

"Um...I'm-gonna-go-do-my-homework-now!" Soyun randomly blurted out as if the idea had suddenly popped up in her head right at that moment. Before Namjoon even had the chance to do or say anything, she had already swiftly dashed off sprinting like the wind up the flight of stairs like there was no tomorrow.

*Sigh* Namjoon let out a soft sigh of relief when he saw that she had disappeared up the stairs in a matter of seconds. He lifelessly slouched down onto the couch once again and rested his head in his hands, not knowing what to do with himself. He absolutely hated this feeling that was rising up from the pit of his stomach. He hated the way that she was making him feel at that moment. But there wasn't much of anything that he could do right now because he had already unknowingly let her in. He had let her feelings affect him so much so that there was no way to turn back now. He hated complicated relationships but now he found himself once again stuck in the midst of this huge mess.

"What the heck is wrong with me?! Kim Namjoon pull yourself together!" Namjoon mumbled out angrily, frustrated at himself as he tugged at his head of hair subconsciously trying to get Soyun and this current dilemma out of his head. Shortly after his slight mental breakdown though, he had instantly closed his weary eyes for some much needed rest, thinking that it would help him clear his head. The outcome? Not only did he not get rid of thinking about her, things got even worse as her glowing sleeping face came  haunting through his mind. The effect she had on him was definitely becoming deadly as he felt a slight tug at his heart. Just thinking about her lately caused such a symptom to occur and he didn't like this feeling or more along the lines of, he didn't want to accept what his heart was trying to convey to him.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter