Danger

My Prince of DESTRUCTION [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Kim Namjoon & Park Soyun's Story~

Soyun's Side:

What just happened? There were no words for me to describe to you all what exactly had just occurred as I stood there motionless. In a frozen state of mind, all that I could do at that moment was stare blankly at the warm hands that gently held my very own as I instantly felt a strange tingling sensation shoot through my entire body. It was the first time that a guy has ever held my hand (aside from the oppas, Jungkook, and of course Namjoon) that it made me feel somewhat uncomfortable? I seriously felt uncomfortable but it was a different kind of uncomfortable that I somehow couldn't seem to withdraw my hands from the warmth that enveloped them, no matter how much I wanted to.

*Stare* The warmth from his hands felt different, it wasn't forced or an act of carelessness. It genuinely felt as though he wanted to hold my hands and I couldn't explain the weird feeling that was flowing through me yet again. Even when I knew that this couldn't possibly be real, his previous words slowly registered through my mind as I was hit with the instant realization of what he had said just moments ago.

~~~~~~~
"Will you give me a chance Soyun?" His voice came out as a hushed whisper, but I heard him. I heard him and yet his words didn't make any sense to me.

"Huh?"

"I know you've liked Namjoon ever since we were little Soyun..." Myungsoo oppa's nervousness immediately disappeared as he took a hold of both my hands and continued on with his words.

"Oppa I...." I wanted to say something, anything to get me out of this conversation. I didn't want to think about Namjoon right now, why out of all the things in the world did he have to mention Namjoon? Before I even had the chance to say another word, Myungsoo oppa delivered his final message.

"I know you've liked him for a very long time but I want you to know something. I've liked you just as long. Park Soyun, I like you."
~~~~~~~

He liked me just as long as I've liked Namjoon? How did he even know that I liked Namjoon, was I that easy to read? Even when Namjoon wasn't supposed to appear in my thoughts, he somehow managed to do so without my consent. I've liked him for so long that I guess thinking about him subconsciously became second nature to me. I've liked him for so long and yet someone has also liked me for that long? Did that really just happen? Did Myungsoo oppa really just tell me that he liked me?

Kim Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo, the dorky oppa who used to live next door to me 6 long years ago. It's been 6 years since I've seen him but he was now not so dorky anymore as he was now standing directly in front of me at that very moment. The now Myungsoo oppa had gently held my hands just seconds before and suddenly  confessed to me?  I was still in a daze, not wanting to believe what had just happened. It was impossible, right? !5 years, its been 15 years since I've been born and not once have I ever been confessed to. He was my very first. He was the first guy to ever say he liked me and I was honestly shocked. Even though I should feel touched that someone finally told me that they liked me, my heart couldn't control itself. It painfully sank to the pit of my chest knowing all too well that that one person that I wanted my first confession from was now never going to be able to grant my wish. Why couldn't it be you, Namjoon? Out of all the guys out there, it had to be Myungsoo oppa who said he liked me first.

"Did you hear me, Soyun?" My hands lightly shook as I woke up from my daze, hearing and feeling Myungsoo oppa's worried tone echo through my ears.

"O...oppa..." I could barely glance up at him as my lips unintentionally trembled while I tried to speak.

"I like you, Park Soyun. Omo, why are you crying..."  As if he wanted to reassure me of what he had said earlier, he suddenly repeated himself. But once again my heart just could take it as unwanted tears silently trickled down my cheeks without a warning. I honestly had no idea why I started crying but I did. Was it because I was sad about Namjoon or touched by Myungsoo oppa's confession? I realized that just for that split second in time, I felt wanted for the first time and it made me happy. We live to be loved and that was exactly what I had felt at that moment. I know Namjoon loves me but he doesn't want me and that's a fact that I finally have to come to terms with.

Namjoon's Side:

Kim Myungsoo, that was all that he could think about aside from the fact that Soyun's glowing angel-like sleeping face subconsciously kept popping up in his head from time to time without a reason. Where, how, and why did Kim Myungsoo suddenly show up? He now regretted not talking and asking Soyun further about the matter. Even though at that time she was surprised to see Myungsoo at their doorstep, Namjoon sensed that there was something going on since she knew that he was Kim Myungsoo in the first place. He was certain that the last time that she had ever seen Myungsoo was 6 years ago at the funeral and memorial service and at that time he looked nothing like how he looked now. Have they met one another before today without his acknowledgement then?

Namjoon still couldn't seem to wrap his mind around everything that had happened as he lifelessly walked without so much of an awareness for his surroundings, until he realized where he was at. It had been a little over 30 minutes after Namjoon had reluctantly told Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok about what had happened with the sudden appearance of Kim Myungsoo and of course the three boys were beyond shocked to hear such news. They had bombarded him with question after question but in a matter of seconds everything changed. After Jin had seemingly gotten a text message, the three boys were instantly in a frantic to get Namjoon out of the house. He found it quite suspicious even though they had said that their sole purpose was that they just wanted to go and get him a new phone. 30 minutes later, here they were and Namjoon was now even more intuned that they were up to something.

"Hyung, out of all the shopping areas why would you want to go here? There isn't even a cellphone store near here." Namjoon couldn't seem to make sense of where he had been dragged to as he stared questioningly at Jin for an explanation of some sort. The boys hung around that area a lot since it was a walking distance from their houses and Namjoon was more than aware that they weren't going to find a cellphone place anywhere near there for miles. He could tell that Jin was hiding something for sure as Jin kept a constant eye on his phone. Throughout their walk even though he hadn't been paying much attention to his surroundings, Namjoon seemingly noticed that Jin had been texting someone as it was hard to miss Jin's sudden excited reactions.  

"Yah, how can you say that? This is my favorite shopping place and I'm sure if we walk further down we'll eventually find a phone place." Jin immediately refuted, trying to not sound guilty of anything as Namjoon's eyes narrowed in on him like a hawk. It was hard to keep secrets because they all knew one another way too well but Jin was prepared to put his acting skills to the test. Of course, Jin was up to something, well more along the lines of Jin and Sora. Truth be told, they had derived a great plan earlier that morning called, OPERATION WAKE UP & MAKE UP.  Of course, after their little late night chat with Namjoon the night before, the boys knew they needed to do something to help.  Everyone knew that Namjoon and Soyun just needed some alone time to talk things over, well that might be hard now that they had suddenly found out about Myungsoo. But then again what can Myungsoo do anyways, probably nothing right?

"What are you up to, hyung?" Jin's sudden bashful grin instantly faded as Namjoon's daunting question rang through his ears.

"What? I'm not up to anything." Jin was confident in his acting to say the least, even though he knew that Namjoon was seriously onto his tail, they were almost at their final destination. Since Jin was occupied by Namjoon's intense gaze, Hoseok decided to quickly message Jungkook telling him that they were literally around the corner from the cafe.

"Hey, there's that really nice cafe around the corner. Let's stop by there, I'm in the mood for some iced coffee." Yoongi had been awfully quiet for most of walk there but he knew he was needed when Jin suddenly glanced over at him and cleared his throat. Yoongi was always good at improvising at crucial moments and to say that he wanted iced coffee at that moment was a genius move on his part.  

"Wait, do you guys hear that?" Everyone stood still in their spots as soon as those words left Namjoon's mouth. There was no doubt in his mind that he had distinctively heard Sora and Taehying's relatively clear yells from where they were?

Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok were trying to stay calm, wondering why in the world would Sora and Taehyung be yelling at a time like this. They were actually right at the corner of the cafe now as they were trying to plan the little "ditch" so that Namjoon and Soyun could go on a real date and talk things out. But unfortunately, it wasn't going to turn out the way they had hoped now that Namjoon definitely knew that they were plotting something. The three boys glanced back and forth at one another before Jin decided to just tell Namjoon about everything, hoping that he'd go along with it when Jungkook suddenly came out of nowhere almost crashing into them.

"Jungkook??" They all stared in utter shock as Jungkook appeared while panting, literally out of breath. Now Namjoon knew for sure that his ears weren't lying and he most definitely heard Sora and Taehyung screaming seconds ago.

"Something happened....to...Soyun...." Jungkook could only speak that much as he was still trying to catch his breath. The reason behind his sudden state was due to the fact that just a moment ago, Jungkook had managed to escape the trap that Myungsoo's friends had set up. He had left Sora, Taehyung, and Jimin to run and get Namjoon after receiving Hoseok's text saying that they were almost near the cafe.

"WHAT!?"

Soyun's Side:

*Thump thump* I instantly felt the warmth of a hand brush ever so gently against my tear stained cheek as I still stood rooted to that very same spot that I had been in for god knows how long now. I couldn't explain what my heart was doing on its' own as I stared dumbfoundedly at the person that was causing that strange discomfort in my chest. Without waiting for me to say something, Myungsoo oppa had seemingly broke the awkward silence as he previously let go of one of my hands, worriedly wiping my tears away. It was a kind gesture that I was truly thankful for but at the same time it really made me feel uncomfortable again which was something that I didn't like. Finally gaining back some strength and control over my own body, I was about to free my other hand from his grasp when I suddenly heard a loud roaring voice coming from behind me. And at that moment, I knew that furious voice belonged to Namjoon.
 
*PUNCH* "I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HER, YOU BASTARD!" It was in a blink of an eye that I was instantly jolted out of my spot as Namjoon came bolting between Myungsoo oppa and I. He literally came out of nowhere and swung an angry punch towards Myungsoo oppa's face. But just seconds later, the group of guys who had swept Taehyung oppa, Jimin oppa, Jungkook, and Sora Eonnie away earlier immediately came charging towards our direction. A couple of bystanders who were casually walking down the sidewalk, stopped and stared at the scene that was unfolding right there.

"Whoa, calm down there buddy." Myungsoo oppa had swiftly caught Namjoon's firery fist in his bare hands without saying anything at all as the group guys hurriedly rushed behind him to back him up. Do they know Myungsoo oppa then? What in the world is going on right now? I was beyond shocked and confused that I couldn't even move at that point. The only thing I saw was the piercing stare that Myungsoo oppa had in his eyes which i assumed was directed towards Namjoon.

"You know punching me isn't a very wise decision right now, Kim Namjoon." I've never seen Myungsoo oppa speak with such a piercing tone like that before in the years that I had known him and honestly it kind of scared me. Even though I knew Namjoon could probably take down a whole entire army without breaking a sweat, I still couldn't help but feel alarmed for his well being at that time. The look that Myungsoo oppa had at that moment was like he was about ready to kill someone and that someone was Namjoon.

"Don't you dare tell me to do anything. Stop acting all tough, Myungsoo. Just because you have a bunch of pretty boy friends backing you up doesn't mean that I can't beat you up still. I told you to stay away from Soyun, didn't I?!" Even with Namjoon's back facing me, I could clearly make out his violent state of mind. He was fuming with anger from inside out as he instantly flung his fist free about ready to take another swing at Myungsoo oppa once again.

"NAMJOON STOP!" I didn't know what had came over me but I knew that whatever was happening, it needed to stop or else someone was seriously going to get hurt and I didn't want that for neither of them. After hearing my frantic cry, Namjoon frozed at mid-punch as Myungsoo oppa took a few steps back, trying to hold his anger together. I could clearly tell because the guys (his friends?) took a hold of him and held him back from doing anything further as well during that brief moment. At this point, a small crowd had formed around us trying to see what was going on.

"Listen here, I have no idea what your problem is Namjoon but you can't tell me what to do either. Soyun has every right to talk to me, if that's what she wants to do. You have no control over that Kim Namjoon."  Myungsoo oppa daringly took a step forward looking straight into Namjoon's eyes as he made that remark without any hesitation whatsoever. I didn't realize it until now but were they seriously fighting because of me?

"What did you just say? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY TO ME, YOU A**HOLE?!" Namjoon hit his breaking point as his rage excelled beyond his control and before he had the chance to do or say anything else;  Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jimin oppa quickly grabbed a hold of his violently flailing body. The four of them could barely hold him down as he kicked and still tried to punch his way towards Myungsoo oppa. I knew he was mad but it was the first time that I've ever seen him react in such a manner.

"Namjoon, calm down. Let it go." Sora Eonnie quickly approached them as she pulled me directly in front of Namjoon. Once our eyes met, he immediately stopped. His sudden facial expression surprised me as I kept staring at him, trying to make sense of what I was seeing. Namjoon looked hurt? I wasn't too sure if I was seeing things or if I had misread him somehow at that moment but for the first time Namjoon actually looked in pain. As the oppas reluctantly let him go, without saying anything he just turned around and left. It was somehow heartbreaking to watch him walk away like that, disappearing into the sea of people as I immediately felt my heart knotting painfully inside of my chest.

"Go walk with him. We'll catch up with you in a bit." Sora Eonnie gave me a light shove once again this time towards the direction that Namjoon was slowly disappearing into. I stared at her blankly, trying to process what had just happened when I suddenly without a warning met Myungsoo oppa's gaze unintentionally. I'm not entirely sure why but I somehow felt the need to apologize to him but no matter how much I fought against it, Namjoon was still more important to me than anything at that moment. Without even thinking, I made a run for it, pushing my way through the crowd that had been standing around us.

Even though he had left just seconds ago, Namjoon made it pretty far down the street as I did my best to catch up with him. It was a Saturday afternoon and so of course the streets were seemingly packed with people. Even with people scattered about, I still could spot his tall figure from miles away. It was a connection that I was grateful for, yet sometimes I wished that it didn't exist because maybe then it'll hurt less.

"Namjoon!" My voice shook as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter