What Am I To You?

My Prince of DESTRUCTION [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Park Soyun's Story~

 

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit with you guys?" A soft angelic voice rang through our ears as we all peered over and right behind Sora eonnie and Jin oppa stood, Baek Yerin.

*SILENCE* The 7 boys couldn't seem to take their eyes off of the young girl standing shyly in front of them. Even the one guy who didn't seem to falter when it came to girls had became utterly speechless.

 

Baek Yerin. She was someone that I had wished would never appear in front of him but somehow she did. She appeared out of nowhere and something that I had feared the most had just happened right then and there. My heart stopped beating the moment I saw his gaze on her. There was only one girl who had ever made him speechless like that and for the first time that girl wasn't Sora eonie. I had just lost to a complete stranger or so it felt like at that exact moment in time as I peered over at him for longer than I should have.    

"Yerin shi~" The baby maknae's eyes lit up almost instantly as the shy girl turned to see his familiar face, with a small smile forming on her lips.

"Yah~ Aren't you supposed to introduce us first Jungkookiee~?" Taehyung oppa chirped out teasingly as he nudged Jungkook, knowing that the maknae was totally flustered by the girl's sudden appearance.

"Oh, right. Um...this is Baek Yerin shi; the new transfer student in our class. Yerin shi, this is the group of friends that we hang out with. Over there is Hoseok hyung, Yoongi hyung, Sora noona, and Jin hyung. And on this side; we have Jimin hyung. Taehyung hyung, me, you already know Soyun, and Namjoon hyung." Jungkook finished the informative speach without even taking a breath as he stood up grinning at Yerin happily while trying to gasp for some needed air in his lungs.

"Hi...it's nice to meet you all." The girl reluctantly uttered out, nervously holding tightly to the tray in her hands as she couldn't seem to look directly at anyone.

"Yerinie shi~ Come sit next to me~!" These boys weren't your typical cold hearted and mysterious Kingkas, that's for sure. In fact, they were pretty much the complete opposite. Always being overly friendly was just second nature to them but they did try their hardest to keep that trait on the down low on school grounds but sometimes they let it slip from time to time. Now, was one of those times as Taehyung oppa playfully called out to Yerin to sit next to him all of a sudden. The shy girl tilted her head towards him, probably thinking that he was joking around with her as she didn't seem to budge an inch from her stance.

"Don't mind them, they're just hungry baby wolves wanting to get your attention. If they start to bother you, just come and tell me. I'll be sure to knock some sense into them for you~ Oh and I'm Park Sora by the way, Soyun's older sister~" Sora eonnie shot a glare over at Taehyung oppa and forcefully shoved Yoongi oppa over without much effort, making room for Yerin to sit down next to her as a warm cheeky smile plastered onto her face.

"Yah, you know I would have moved if you would have asked me to. You're always so abusive towards me and I'm older~" Yoongi oppa narrowed his eyes at Sora eonnie while pretending to sulk silently to himself. Everyone let out a slight chuckle, seeing his childish behavior but knowing fairly well that my sister was quite abusive in general.

"Th...thank you Sora shi." The girl didn't have much of a choice as Sora eonnie pulled her down and as she took her seat, she had turned shyly towards Yoongi oppa with a slight bow. Probably feeling bad to have kicked him out of his seat so suddenly. I noticed that she had looked my way a moment later with an apologetic look in her eyes? I was rather confused as to why she would have looked at me like that, but I didn't have much of a chance to speak up as my sister continued on with her conversation.

"Don't worry about him (Yoongi), he's perfectly fine~ And you don't have to be so formal with us Yerin ah~ Just call me Sora eonnie, kay~?" My sister is someone that I admire a lot, not only because she was my sister but also because she really had a way to make people feel comfortable around her. I could tell that Yerin's nervousness from earlier had slightly vanished as she looked over to my sister with so much gratitude as she lightly nodded her head with a bright smile forming on her lips.

"Well in any case, welcome to Bangtan High Yerin~ Is it okay if I call you that?" Jimin oppa chimed in cutely with his infamous eye smile.

"Stay far far away from him, he's dangerous." Taehyung oppa shoved Jimin oppa's head away from him while whispering the last part of his sentence towards Yerin, as he  playfully teased his good friend as always.  

"I suggest that you don't talk to any of them~ How do you like it here so far Yerin?" Jin oppa chuckled at his own sly remark as he peered over at the girl who looked a bit overwhelmed as everyone was speaking to her like it was nothing.

"I move around a lot. This is probably the first and only time that I've ever been treated so nicely on my first day at a school." She shyly looked down at her food, not knowing why she had revealed such a thing and not even answering the asked question.

"Oh really? Where did you live before this? And trust me, we usually aren't this nice haha just kidding~ Don't worry since you're a classmate of our little Jungkookie and Soyunie, we will treat you like one of us. But, try to stay away from Sora, she's scary~" Hoseok oppa jokingly stuck his tongue out at Sora eonnie, only to receive the usual death glare from her.

*Smile* "I've actually been in Seoul for over a year and a half now, I went to another private school before transferring here though. Yerin nodded her head gently while smiling faintly at him and everyone could tell that she was still feeling a bit shy and hesitant towards us.

"Well, let's eat~ I'm starving~!!!" It was getting quite awkward since everyone was staring at Yerin and I had felt that she was starting to feel very uncomfortable at the moment. I knew I had to break the ice somehow, right? I knew my intuition was dead on when I glanced over smiling warmly at Yerin, who had instantly smiled thankfully back at me.

"Seriously, all you think about is food~ No wonder you don't have any friends~" I turned to face Namjoon's teasing grin. I puffed angrily at him before stuffing my mouth full of food, not wanting to start a fight with him once again.  

Namjoon and the others laughed, seeing me frustrated was surely entertaining to them as Yerin quietly chuckled to herself as well. I was glad to see her lighten up a bit as we all ate our lunches while chit chatting amongst ourselves. As usual, I was the first one to finish all my food as I looked up to see Yerin slightly glancing around the cafeteria looking like she was unsure of something?

"Um, I'll be right back... I forgot to get something to drink..." She quietly uttered out, about ready to stand up when a familiar low raspy voice echoed through the air.

"Here, you can have mine." Not only did I turn to stare at him, so did everyone else at the table. It was almost like defying gravity as we all couldn't believe what had just happened. Yerin shyly glanced over at Namjoon, who had suddenly placed his unopened drink in front of her thoughtfully.

"Thank you, but Its okay. I can go get anoth..." Before Yerin even had the chance to finish her sentence, Namjoon spoke up once more.

"No, take it. I'm not really thirsty anyways." Namjoon gave her a reassuring smile, sliding the can even more closer towards her. She looked around the table, seemingly searching for an answer amongst us. We all stared blankly at Namjoon, not for the fact that he wasn't thirsty but because he actually insisted for her to take it.

"Namjoonie is never this nice to anyone, so just take it while you can~" Jin oppa sensed the weird vibe and decided to speak up on everyone's behalf.

Everyone eventually finished eating as the lunch bell rang, indicating that we had  roughly 10 minutes to get back to our classrooms for the start of our next lecture. The boys gathered around Yerin, wanting to walk her to class as Jungkook suddenly dashed over from behind me while frantically cutting them off like Edward Scissor Hands.

"He already forgot about me! hmph~ Hey, what was that all about at lunch anyways?" I cutely glared at the back of Jungkook's head. Usually, he would be clinging onto me and dragging me back to class with him but now he had suddenly replaced me with Yerin. I looked over at Namjoon, who quietly walked next to me while observing the scene in front of us.

"Huh? That's funny, don't you usually get all pissy when Jungkook drags you around everywhere in the first place? And what do you mean, what was what about?" Namjoon didn't even turn his head to look at me and just kept walking down the hallway as he spoke to me.

*Glance* "I was just saying...and well, you never give people your things. So, why did you give Yerin your drink?" I was actually thankful that Yerin had taken my place in being Junkook's puppet for the rest of the day but I still found Namjoon's behavior earlier really agitating as I looked over suspiciously at him once more.

"Yah, you make me sound so heartless. I was just trying to be nice okay~?" Namjoon finally halted to a standstill as he glanced down at me with a mocking grin on his face.

"Well, you are heartless. And don't be too nice or else people are gonna get the wrong idea."

"What? You're telling me not to be nice? That totally doesn't make any sense Soyun. Why can I not be nice to people?" He tilted his head teasingly probably knowing the reason to why I was acting like this.

"Because, I don't like it." I mumbled out rather carelessly and immediately walked off ahead of him, not wanting to see his reaction that I knew would come forth.

"What was that~?" I didn't even have to look back at him to know that he was teasing me as he clearly heard my jealous tone just now. I quickly made a run for it and eventually ended up in my classroom safe and sound.

The day was seriously dragging on for forever and ever as classes continued back to back. Of course, we had breaks in between lectures but I had been sitting in my seat for the past few hours drifting off into space, not realizing that classes had actually flown by in a blink of an eye.

*Poke* "Hey, earth to Marshin Soyun~" Jungkook poked my cheek, waking me up from my thoughts. I didn't even realize that the bell had already rung and seeing Jungkook's face directly in front of me so suddenly, nearly made me fall out of my seat.

"Are you okay? You've been kinda out of it ever since lunch had ended..." Jungkook may not look like the serious type but he looked a bit worried seeing me so zoned out at that moment as his eyes darted back and forth examining my behavior.

"I'm sorry Soyun shi. I didn't mean to intrude during lunch..." Before I could even reply to Jungkook's question, Yerin had spoken up. I didn't know why Yerin was apologizing to me all of sudden. I mean it's not like I was upset at her or anything like that.  

"Don't be silly, I'm glad you came and sat with us. Why are you saying sorry, we're friends aren't we? And don't call me Soyun shi anymore, it makes me sound like an old lady~" I smiled cheekily at her, seeing her eyes suddenly light up hearing my response.

"Friends? We're friends? It's just that during lunch, you looked kind of..." Yerin seemed extremely happy but she looked a bit alarmed as well, not being able to finish her sentence.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be your friends~? I mean, unless you don't want to be our friend?" Jungkook pouted cutely towards her while glancing at me from time to time for some backup.

"No no, that's not what I meant. Its just that I never really had friends, since I moved around a lot because of my dad's job and at the last school that I was at I thought I had finally made some but they turned out to be... Anyway earlier, Soyun looked a bit upset at me." Yerin tugged lightly onto Jungkook's arm as his eyes instantly formed hearts, like a love sick puppy finally getting the attention he wanted. The way she had spoken was rather heartbreaking, I could tell that she was trying to smile but it seemed a bit forced.

"Upset? When was I up...oh...well, never mind that. I wasn't upset at you, trust me and we are definitely your friends now~ So don't worry Yerin ah~ " I suddenly remembered my blank stare when she had suddenly appeared at our table. But I for sure wasn't entirely upset because of her, more so at that "stupid jerk head" as I smiled warmly at her. It must have been hard to make friends when you move around so much and I could tell that there was more to the story about her previous school than she wanted to share with us at that moment and now I could understand why she was so nervous and shy around us.

"You both are so nice, especially you Soyun ah and your boyfriend is really lucky to have such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter