♫9♫ Precious

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
Three months. Today marks three months since the day Junhyung kissed me under the tree. Well, for a couple, you will celebrate it as your anniversary.
 
But then again, he never asked me to be his girlfriend, actually. Not even once. He never said he loved me either.
 
Me?
 
Yes, I fall for him. Thanks to his charming trait. And even though he's not good with words, he always shows his care for me and the others with his real action.
 
So I guess I just can stay with the vivid fact of being his girlfriend. After all I'm enjoying my moments with him, Doojoon, Gikwang, and Yoseob.
 
Yes, I'm still working on the deal between me and Professor Cho. And, no, I haven't broken any rules until this moment. And, yes again, my grades are still the best from all students.
 
For my suprise, Junhyung is actually quite smart. He said he just didn't want to do useless effort, but now we often study together.
 
To be exact, we almost spend all of our times together. Lunch break, study group, and even weekend. And, of course, sharing our opinions about music.
 
Doojoon is taking the piano lesson again with his mother while Yoseob takes the vocal lesson again. Gikwang found his passion for dance and he's really good actually.
 
Junhyung often accompanies me of writing lyrics. He is real good especially when he writes the rap lyrics.
 
"Ah, Junhyung is not here yet?" Yoseob comes closer to me.
 
I am the first one who arrived at the park, where we will meet together. We're planning to watch a musical drama today.
 
"I guess he is in his way here," I shrug and give a sign to him to sit next to me.
 
"Will Junhyung get jealous if I'm alone with you like this?" he grins, starting to tease me again.
 
Three of them, Doojoon, Gikwang, and Yoseob really love to tease me and Junhyung. And both of us don't even bother to respond their jokes so we just let them be.
 
I'm glad that Doojoon told me that he would move on; he even said that I would be the best partner for Junhyung in love.
 
"Why would he even jealous with you?" I chuckle. "It's not like you do something unusual with me."
 
"Like this?" Yoseob intertwines his fingers with me. "Or like this?"
 
He pinches my cheeks playfully.
 
"Yah!" I try to get away from his hands, laughing because of his childish act.
 
"Looks like both of you have fun."
 
I freeze when I heard the voice. Both of us turn to look at Junhyung who is standing with cold eyes, looking at us with his hands in his pockets.
 
"Ah," I stand up quickly. "Don't get it wrong."
 
"Have fun," Junhyung turns around. "I'm not feeling well now."
 
"W-wait!" Yoseob stands up. "You're getting the wrong idea here."
 
"Ah, yes," Junhyung hisses with sarcastic tone. "Park Haneul and Yang Yoseob. The couple of freedom. Have fun."
 
"Wait a minute, Yong Junhyung," I hold his hand but he tosses away my hand.
 
He gives me deadly glare and leaves us without a word.
 
"This is ridiculous," I sigh.
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
I know they're good friends. They're too good to be counted as a couple. They are almost like twins.
 
But the jealousy filled up my heart when I saw them together like that.
 
Come to think of it, I'm not even sure that Haneul is my girlfriend. There is no official statement between us.
 
After three hours wandering without destination, I return to my home, hoping that I can sleep and forget about whatever happened.
 
I turned off my phone, knowing that they will try to contact me. But I don't want to talk with them now. Especially Haneul and Yoseob.
 
"Yah! Junhyung ah!" my oldest brother shouts from his room when I am walking to my room upstairs. "There is a beautiful girl today!"
 
I sigh. I don't care about his girls.
 
"Haneul! You're beautiful!" my brother speaks loudly with excitement.
 
I stun on my stand. What? Haneul?
 
I storm to his room quickly and Haneul is standing in the corner of the room, avoding my drunken brother who is trying to catch her.
 
"Don't run," my brother murmurs. "Come here to me~"
 
I quickly grab Haneul's hand, dragging her to my room without even looking back to my brother, who is definitely cursing me from taking Haneul from him.
 
"What were you thinking?!" I slam the door loudly. "I've told you that you couldn't get in my house!"
 
"I've tried to call you but your phone is not active. I need to talk to you," she explains calmly. "Your brother just returned home when he found me waiting in front of your house so he dragged me inside."
 
"What if he did something to you?!" I'm frustated with her braveness for nothing good. "Stop thinking that you can do everything!"
 
She frowns, "I'm all good here. Why do you sound really mad?"
 
"Because I'm mad at you!" I snap at her.
 
Actually, I'm not mad at her. I'm afraid that something bad will happen to her and I don't want it to happen.
 
She is too precious for me.
 
"Fine," she shrugs as if we're just arguing about little problem. She walks pass me and opens the door.
 
She walks down the stairs but I quickly rushes to her; I have a bad feeling that she is going to do something stupid.
 
She returns back to my brother's room. What is she thinking? Is she trying to piss me off?!
 
"Try this," my brother gives her a bottle of beer. "You will feel so much better!"
 
When Haneul reaches out her hand to take the bottle, I toss my brother's hand away.
 
"You," I grab Haneul's hand impatiently. "Out. Now."
 
"Hey, you're spoiling the fun!" my brother groans, completely drunken. "Why do you even bother with her?"
 
I bite my bottom lip and speaks loudly, enraged because I really need to talk with Haneul now, "Because she is my girlfriend!"
 
I drag Haneul out from my house. She forces to stop walking when we almost reach a park near my house.
 
"Yah," she tries to hold back my grip. "It hurts."
 
Knowing that I do actually grip her hand too tight, I loose the grip and turn to look her. She still looks really calm, like usual.
 
"What were you thinking?" I murmur, trying to control my anger. "Are you trying to get on my nerve?"
 
"I'm trying to get your attention," she steps closer to me. "I just want you to listen to me."
 
I frown. What?
 
"Did you just say that I'm your girlfriend?" she tilts her head with her usual confident smile on her face.
 
I blush when I heard the 'girlfriend' word. I did say that. Out of my control.
 
I look away, trying to hide my obvious blushing cheeks.
 
"It's the first time I heard you say that," she chuckles. "Which made me really surprised."
 
Suddenly I feel her lips on my cheek.
 
I take a glance at her as she gives me her bright smile, the smile that always reminds me that I'm in love with her.
 
"Yoseob was teasing me," she says. "But what I did to you is real."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
Is she trying to say that...
 
"Yong Junhyung," she touches my cheek with her delicate fingers. "You are such a jealous boyfriend."
 
Aish, I blush again. Did she just say 'boyfriend'?
 
"Thanks to you for being popular between guys," I sigh; I can't stay mad at her for long time.
 
"Don't do dangerous things like that again. Never ever," I pull her into a hug. "You're going to give me a heart attack."
 
"I promise," she whispers softly.
 
I land a kiss on her forehead gently.
 
"You are the most precious epiphany."