♫7♫ Lights Go On Again

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
I check my watch; we still have thirty minutes before our turn.
 
"I need to go to a restroom," I put down the lyrics. "Keep practicing then."
 
I leave the rooftop and walk down the stairs. I'm lying actually; I need to find Professor Cho and talk with her.
 
We can get out from the problem for today but I'm sure she will be not satisfied with it. She will try to find a way to get rid of me and Junhyung again. And, honestly speaking, I don't like it.
 
I love to break rules because I want to show some people that rules can not bind you from expressing yourself, but what Professor Cho is doing is not breaking rules; she is messing up with people's lives.
 
Since all of us love music, we work well with the lyrics. I'm glad they can sync quick enough with the song so I don't need to worry about our performance.
 
After all, I have to admit that I'm enjoying these moments, when I share my times together with them for preparation, when I gather together with them and exchange opinions with them.
 
I never had a best friend since I was in elementary school. They only approached me because of my perfect grades. No one ever befriended with me because they wanted to be my friends.
 
That's why I keep breaking rules; I don't care if people will be afraid of me or else. But then four of them: Doojoon, Gikwang, Junhyung, and Yoseob, they don't care with my bad reputation.
 
Well, maybe I'm the first one to blame for dragging them all along with me. For my surprise, they let themselves to be dragged along by my actions.
 
I find Professor Cho is watching the performance from second floor balcony alone. I tap her shoulder, knowing that she will be really surprised to see me.
 
"Park Haneul!" her eyes widen when she looks at me. "W-w-what do you want?"
 
"Easy, easy," I chuckle. "I'm not going to sue you about stealing my script. Ah, yes, lucky us to know we're not going to perform the same script. What a shame."
 
I know she wanted us to perform the same script so we would be embarassed in front of all students. It's all written on her face now.
 
"I want to make a deal here," I look at the crowd calmly. "I want you to stop your tricks of getting rid of me and Junhyung."
 
"H-how did you know?" she looks more suprised now, I guess her eyes can jump out anytime.
 
"It doesn't matter," I hold my laughter because her face is indeed really funny. "Let's make a deal. You will stop trying to get rid of me and Junhyung."
 
"And what will you do?" she frowns with curiosity.
 
"I will stop breaking the rules."
 
 
* Gikwang's POV *
 
I was going to look at the performance from balcony when I find Haneul is talking with Professor Cho. I sneak behind the door to listen to their conversation.
 
"If you find me break even just a rule, you can expel me from school. It's a promise," I can hear Haneul's voice.
 
"How can I believe in you?" Professor Cho hisses. "You are one of the students who hates teachers like us, teachers who want the best for the school. You and Yong Junhyung are disgrace for our school."
 
I clench my fists; I can't believe she said something like that to Haneul!
 
"Try to tell that to the headmaster," Haneul chuckles. "I know what you mean. For a school like this, to have a rules breaker and a student who has many enemies are indeed a big trouble."
 
"But I thought I've told you that I break the rules, not a promise," Haneul continues. "If you asked me how you can believe in me, it's the same question for me. How can I believe in you?"
 
Wow, she is really brave to ask that to a teacher. Sometimes I just don't get how her brain works.
 
"Fine," Professor Cho speaks out. "I will stop doing anything about you and Yong Junhyung but if someday I find you break the rules, even just a simple one, I will expel you."
 
I gasp. What? What kind of deal is that?
 
"Deal," Haneul mutters.
 
"Well," she mumbles calmly, "I need to go now then."
 
"What?" Professor Cho sounds really shocked.
 
"We're still going to perform something, you know," Haneul laughs. "Sorry to disappoint you."
 
She walks pass me, not noticing my presence, and returns to the rooftop while Professor Cho is grumbling to herself.
 
Haneul is so unpredictable.
 
I smile and then decide to go back to the rooftop. We're going to surprise everyone with our performance for sure.
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
"This is the CD," Doojoon gives the MR CD to one of Student Committee members who responsible for the sound part.
 
"We're next," Haneul has the bright smile on her lips. "Are you guys ready?"
 
"Can we even answer 'no' for that?" Yoseob smirks. "Must be ready whether we are ready or not."
 
"Good," Haneul grins widely. "We are going to suprise everyone, especially Professor Cho."
 
"Ah, about her," Gikwang mumbles, "your conversation with Professor Cho..."
 
I see Haneul gives Gikang a surprised glance but she quickly changes her lips into a calm smile, "Let's talk about that later. We need to focus now."
 
"Come on, five minutes to go," Doojoon gives a sign for us to follow him. "There are six microphones here."
 
I take one of the microphones. Haneul takes one and flips the microphone one time.
 
"Yah," I approach her while the others are busy with the microphones. She looks up at me with her usual smile.
 
"Thank you," I murmur vividly. This is the first time I ever said thank you to someone.
 
"What for?" she tilts her head.
 
"For doing this. I can be expelled if you don't do all of these," I hold on my microphone tighter.
 
"Well, I'm standing on the same position with you here," she says. "Don't worry."
 
I reach out my hand and touch her cheek with my fingers, admiring her smile. She is definitely a really special girl.
 
I step closer to her and land a kiss on her forehead, inhaling her scent deeply. I can feel she flinches a little when I kiss her.
 
"Good luck to us then," I smirk after I parted the kiss.
 
She doesn't respond but I can see her flushed pink cheeks. She is indeed a girl after all; a kiss on forehead can make her blush.
 
Well, my heart is beating faster too now. I just hope no one will notice it. Not now.
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
My eyes widen when I see Junhyung leans closer to Haneul and kisses her forehead. Gikwang and Yoseob are too busy discussing their parts for the song to notice it.
 
What's up with Junhyung?
 
Is it true that he is in love with Haneul too?
 
Great, now I have a tough rival. Aigoo...
 
"Hey, it's our turn now," Haneul taps my shoulder. "Let's go."
 
I shake my head quickly, trying to concentrate again for our performance. I need to talk with Junhyung after this, I guess, if I really want to confess my feeling to Haneul.
 
We bow to the audiences and stand in order: Junhyung, me, Haneul in the center, Yoseob, and Gikwang. We don't wear any special costum; we just wear our usual uniforms.
 
I take a deep breath and take a glance at Junhyung. He lifts up his microphone, ready to sing the first part of the song.
 
"Yes sir, lights go on again
Keep on and on and on, on and on and on
Gye sok he mae eot ji gin eo dum so ge seo
Nan han jul gi bi chi dan neun geu go se da ki wi hae seo
Nan i je si gan i wa sseum e ga bbeun sum ga da deum go
Neoh eui deul a pe dang dang hi seol ge"
 
Yes sir, lights go on again
Keep on and on and on, on and on and on
I continued to wonder in the midst of the long darkness
So that I can reach that spot that will touch the one string of light
Now that my time is here, I will take a short breath
And stand confindently in front of you all
 
His rap is really great. It's Haneul's turn now.
 
"A mu ri him deu reo do ji chyeo seo sseu reo jyeo do
Na reul da si bi chow ju neun bit"
 
No matter how hard it might be, even if I fall from being tired
The light that shines on me again
 
As usual, her voice is beautiful. She looks at the audience with a confident smile.
 
"Po gi ha go si peo do do mang chi ryeo go hae bwa do
Nal hyang hae deo hwan ha ge na reul da si bi chow ju neun bit"
 
Even if I want to give up, if I want to run away
The lights that shines brighter towards me
 
Gikwang has finished his part so it means it's my turn now.
 
"Ji geum bu ri kyeo ji myeon da si na reul bar khi myeon
Nae mo meul da si i reu kyeo oh
Lights go on again lights go on again"
 
When the lights turns on and it shines on me again
It makes me rise again oh
Lights go on again lights go on again
 
Yoseob rises his microphone and sings beautifully; his voice is indeed really great.
 
"Da si bi cheul bi chu myeon da si na reul ggae u myeon
Nae ma eum eul da si um ji gyeo oh
Lights go on again lights go on again"
 
When the lights shine on me and it wakes me up once again
It moves my heart again oh
Lights go on again lights go on again
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
Both Haneul and Doojoon lift up their microphones and sing with synchronized voices.
 
"Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again on again"
 
Ah, their voices sync perfectly. I look at the audience and they look amazed with our performances, probably because they can see both Haneul the rule breaker and Junhyung the enemy of all students on the stage together with President of Student Committee.
 
"I si gan ddo han ji na ga get ji
Da ji na ga go na myeon ut seo neom gi get ji
Mo mi ji chi neun geon mwo gwaen chanh a
Na man him deun ge a nya heunh i da geu reo chanh a
But , ma eum i da chyeo beo ri geo na dat yeo beo ri myeon
Gam dang hal su eom neun sang cheo reul ba da beo ri myeon
Geu ddaen eo ddeo ke hae ya hal ji nan mol la
Dang sin deul a pe da si seol su eob seul ji do mol la"
 
This time will pass again and if it passes by again I will just laugh it off
It is okay even if my body is tired, I’m not the only one tired, it happens to everyone
But, if my heart is damaged or closed, or it is hurt by a scar it can’t handle
I don’t know what to do then
I might not be able to stand in front of all of you again.
 
Haneul sings the next part with her beautiful voice, making all audiences amazed with her voice once again.
 
"Neo mu na him deun nal do meom chow it deon si gan do
Ji chyeo man ga neun na reul deo"
 
Even in the hardest of the days and in the frozen time
You continue to brighten the light on my exhausted self
 
It's Gikwang's turn now. I take a deep breath, knowing that it will be my turn soon after Doojoon's  lines.
 
"Bark ge bi chow ju neun geon ggeut eob si na reul hyang hae
Gang ha ge deo hwanh a ge da si na reul bi chow ju neun bit"
 
Endlessly you continue shine
That light on me brighter and stronger

This song is quite catchy, beautiful, and amazing in the same time. She plays the guitar pretty well for this song.
 
"Ji geum bu ri kyeo ji myeon da si na reul bar khi myeon
Nae mo meul da si i reu kyeo oh
Lights go on again lights go on again"
 
When the lights turns on and it shines on me again
It makes me rise again oh
Lights go on again lights go on again
 
I smirk and look at the audiences again, finding Professor Cho is standing in the front row.
 
"Da si bi cheul bi chu myeon da si na reul ggae u myeon
Nae ma eum eul da si um ji gyeo oh
Lights go on again lights go on again"
 
When the lights shine on me and it wakes me up once again
It moves my heart again oh
Lights go on again lights go on again
 
Ah, her expression is totally priceless. Her jaws drop open, watching our performance and our voices sync perfectly together.
 
While the others sing the last part of the song, I do the ad-lib, hitting the high notes with my best effort.
 
"Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again on again
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again
Oh lights go on again
Oh oh lights go on again on again"
 
The audiences clap with excitement, satisfied with our performance as the song is over.

**********
 
♩♪♫♬ Author's Note ♩♪♫♬
 
The song is originally sung by BEAST,
"Lights Go On Again", Full Version