♫5♫ Kiss. kIss. kiSs. kisS.

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
"So," I cross my arms, "what are we going to do?"
 
Doojoon, Yoseob, and Gikwang came to find me and Junhyung around fifteen minutes ago. Doojoon explained to us about the school anniversary and Professor Cho's plan.
 
I can't believe she will really cross the line just because of me and Junhyung. She really hates us, doesn't she?
 
"Gikwang gave me an idea about dance performance," Doojoon says, closing the door behind him as we just step in the Student Committee room. "What do you think?"
 
"I didn't give you the idea," Gikwang cuts in. "I thought you're the one who would perform."
 
"You, I, us. It's the same," Doojoon grins awkwardly. "Or maybe a drama performance?"
 
"It's impossible we will be expelled because such stupid rule," Junhyung hisses. "It's ridiculous."
 
"But headmaster has a faith on Professor Cho," Doojoon sighs. "She can try every way she can if she wants to."
 
Actually I don't care about the rule or else; I don't think the headmaster will expel me if he ever find out that I don't perform. Yes, I'm too cocky.
 
But this sounds interesting. Performing something on the school anniversary will always give some people shock.
 
"I think drama will be a good idea," I speak out and all of them turn to look at me. "Let's divide our tasks then."
 
"I never said I agree with this plan," Yoseob leans to the wall. "Three weeks are not enough for us."
 
"We could use one hour for a band performance and we can't use three weeks for a drama performance?" I tilt my head, telling the truth.
 
"Well, that's different," Gikwang mutters. "This is totally a different situation. We need to work on script, practice, and more."
 
"Then let's work now," I make a peace sign with my fingers. "It will be a really fun work."
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
I know that Haneul will agree with me. She is a really open-minded person after all.
 
After ten minutes of argument, Haneul convinced us about performing a drama on the day. We even drew straws to decide on our tasks.
 
Haneul will be the script writer and the main protagonist with Gikwang. I will be the director. Junhyung will be the equipment staff and Yoseob will be the coordinator.
 
"I guess romance is indeed the perfect theme for the drama," Haneul puts down her pen. "What do you think?"
 
"Hmm?" I look at her. There are only two of us now in the Student Committe room because the others have returned home while she works on the script with me.
 
"I think it will be easier if we just perform something based on a fairy tale," she suggests an idea. "Snow White or Sleeping Beauty? Or the combination?"
 
"Don't you think it will be difficult to make a good story if you combine them?" I stand up from my seat and approach her.
 
She frowns and looks at me as if there is something on my face, "You are such a perfectionist."
 
"What's wrong with being a perfectionist?" I ask with curiosity. "Isn't it good to be perfect?"
 
"Perfect doesn't guarantee everything," she looks up without leaving her seat. "You can't be flawless all the time, Mr President of Student Committee."
 
I can feel my cheeks warm up because of her words. I quickly look away and mutter, "But people like the perfect man better."
 
"Now that is more ridiculous," Haneul rests her chin on the table. "It means they can't accept you as who you really are."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
Her words hit the right spot.
 
"You are good as who you are. Just be yourself," she says with a bright smile. "If you're afraid people will think of your imperfection as a bad trait, I will always be the one who loves your imperfection."
 
Aigoo. I'm really blushing right now. I quickly walk away, back to my seat trying my best to hide my blushed cheeks.
 
"Back to work," I murmur and work with my paper again. She shrugs and return to work on the script.
 
After around fifteen minutes of silence, I take a glance at her and, for my surprise, she fell asleep. She rests her head on her arms, sleeping quietly.
 
"Yah, don't sleep here," I stand up and walk to her side. "I'm going home soon."
 
She doesn't look like the girl who loves to mess with someone else when she is sleeping like now. She looks so innocent and cute.
 
What? What did I just say?
 
I bow down and tuck her long hair behind her ear slowly, hoping that she won't wake up. I am amazed with her, for her confidence and for her bright smile.
 
"Tell me," I whisper slowly, "will we meet if I'm not the perfect guy?"
 
And before I could even stop myself, I lean closer and put my lips on hers.
 
She doesn't wake up but I feel like I'm going to explode soon. I just kissed Haneul.
 
"Would you count that as an imperfection?"
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
My family is not a good family. I mean it. My oldest brother loves to spend his night in a night club, drinking and smoking. My second brother is a playboy; a real playboy.
 
Our father has divorced with my mother and we live with my mother. She is way too tired to control us anymore, so she lets us to do whatever we want to do.
 
I am on my way back to home from a store when I see Haneul is waiting in front of my house. She is wearing a sweater, skirt, and boots. She is holding my jacket, the one I gave to her three days ago.
 
Yes, three days have passed since the day she decided we must perform a drama together. I was going to object this plan but then I don't want to end up like my brothers, expelled out from schools.
 
"Yah," I call her, making her to turn around.
 
"Ah, so it is really your home," she smiles brightly. "I was thinking to knock the door actually."
 
"How did you know my address?" I put my hands in my pockets, relieved that she didn't knock on the door because who knows what my brothers will do to her.
 
"I look at students database in Student Committee room. You know that I've been working on the script there after classes, right?" she answers happily.
 
Ah, yes, she has been working the script with Doojoon in the Student Committee room. She asked us to give her a week until we start the practice.
 
I don't know why but the uneasy feeling always fills my heart whenever I see them together. The way Doojoon looks at her is not something usual. Just say that I know it.
 
"Thank you," she hands over the jacket. "I've washed it by myself."
 
I take the jacket from her, "Oh."
 
"Ah, I wonder what your house looks like inside," ste walks pass me, heading to the door. "Can I have a visit?"
 
The thought of my brothers and Haneul crosses my mind. I quickly rush to stop her, standing in front of her, "No."
 
"Why?" she tilts her head. "I just want to pay a visit."
 
"Because it's way too risky," I mumble calmly. "Don't mess with my family."
 
"Ah, don't worry, I'm willing to take the risks," Haneul walks pass me quickly, reaching out her hand to knock the door.
 
This girl is so out of her mind. Why can't she just take my warning and stay out of trouble? Why does she love to take new challenge?
 
Out of all that, why does she appear in my mind more often since the day we performed together as a band? What's wrong with me?
 
With the only thought to prevent her from being harmed by my brothers, I pull her hand and cup her cheek with my other hand, crashing my lips on hers.
 
I part the kiss, feeling my face is burning, "But I can't let you to take the risk."
 
There are seconds of silence between us. She stands still, probably surprised by my kiss, while I can't think of anything to say.
 
I just want to protect her.
 
Because of her confidence through everything. Because of her courage through every obstacle. Because of her bright smile through every day she lives on.
 
"Well, if you say so," she murmurs and I can see her cheeks are flushed pink now. "I guess I'll see you again tomorrow then."
 
She bids me good night and leaves me standing alone, in front of my house, thinking randomly.
 
"I'm such a fool."
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
Haneul has a really unique and interesting personality. This is the only reason I agree to join her plan of performing drama on school anniversary.
 
She finally chose Beauty and the Beast for the script where she will play the role of the Beauty and Gikwang as the Beast. I will perform a song in the dance party; yes, Haneul has modified the script to fit in with five people only.
 
After a week of script writing, she told us that we will practice after classes in the Student Committee room because Doojoon has give us the permission.
 
Ah, come to think of it, Doojoon and Haneul are closer now. Probably because they spend most of their times together. I smell something fishy here.
 
When I walk in the Student Commitee room, I find Haneul is sitting on the table, reading the script by herself.
 
"Yoseob," she smiles to me. "You're the first to come."
 
"Where is Doojoon?" I step closer to her, examining the whole room.
 
"He needs to assign our names for the teachers," she answers, continuing reading her script. "Professor Cho must be really surprised to see our names."
 
"Maybe," I shrug and stop right in front of her, looking at her carefully.
 
She is not really beautiful actually. I've met more beautiful girls than her, but Haneul surely has some charms that the other girls don't have.
 
"Yoseob, can I ask you a question?" she puts down the script and tilts her head.
 
"Sure," I mutter. "What is it?"
 
"What do you think a kiss should feel like?" she blurts out the question.
 
I blink; now that is a unique question.
 
"Why?" I . "I don't think there is a kiss scene in the script."
 
"No, there is no such scene. I'm just curious," she covers half of her face with the script.
 
Such innocent reaction. Looks like she just kissed by someone. I wonder who the person is. He sure has some guts to kiss a girl like Haneul.
 
"Do you want me to show you?" I pull down her hand so I can look her face. I lift her chin with my finger slowly.
 
"Eh?" is her reaction.
 
I tip toe because she is a little bit taller than me when she is sitting on the table, reaching the right height until I kiss her lips.
 
"A kiss is something like that," I smirk. "If your heart beats faster than usual, the kiss means something special."
 
"Does your heart beat faster then?" she clears ; it's so obvious that she doesn't intervene with lovey dovey stuff often.
 
"What if I say it beats faster?" I lean closer to her.
 
The door is opened suddenly by Doojoon. He comes in with Gikwang and Junhyung. They are discussing about the script.
 
I step back and pretend that nothing happened while Haneul jumps down from the table, approaching Doojoon to talk about the script.
 
I'm not lying 100% anyway. The kiss did make my heart fluttered.
 
 
* Gikwang's POV *
 
I never acted for any role. Not even once. If it's not because of my unlucky fate, I'm not going to play the Beast role. Not ever.
 
But I really want to help Haneul and Junhyung. They don't deserve to be expelled from the school just because Professor Cho doesn't like them.
 
The school anniversary will be held less than two weeks again and I've been practicing every day with Haneul. All of us have been practicing really hard.
 
Even though Junhyung sometimes nag about his lines, Doojoon complaints about the mistakes, and Yoseob is busy with his own song, we are trying our best.
 
Thanks to Haneul and her charms for all of us. She is indeed a really special girl.
 
"Yah, Gikwang, focus here!" she hits my shoulder lightly with the script. "We need to practice the dance. The waltz."
 
We are practicing under the tree at the school yard since it's only lunch break. We often meet like this if we have times.
 
"Oh, sorry," I stand up and offer her my hand, ready to practice the dance. It's not a difficult dance but it did take some times to sync my steps with hers.
 
"Aigoo, you step on my feet again," she mutters, clutching my shirt slightly.
 
"S-sorry," I look down and fix my hand position on her waist. "I'll be more careful."
 
"It's fine," she laughs. "And then I will need to kiss your cheek."
 
I blush when I remember the script. Yes, this is the scene where she needs to kiss my cheek to show me that I have a chance to have someone I love. Or so.
 
She tip toes and tries to kiss my cheek while I do nothing; I'm too shy to even look at her face.
 
Right when her lips are going to press on my cheek, I see a bee is flying around us. Afraid that it will sting us, I try to shove it away.
 
When my face turns slightly, I freeze.
 
My lips meet Haneul's lips. Accidentally.
 
"I-I-I-I'm sorry," I quicky pull away from her. My face is burning red. "T-T-There's a bee so... So..."
 
"Ah," she covers with her hand.
 
Our conversation cuts off by Doojoon's voice; he is searching for Haneul around the school.
 
"Let's continue the practice later," she mumbles and the leaves awkwardly.
 
Aish. What a silly coincidence!