♫6♫ Plan B

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
It's finally the day. The school thirty anniversary day. The day we will perform the remake drama of Beauty and the Beast.
 
The story tells about the girl in high school who met a boy who called The Beast by his friends because of his scary looks. The girl managed to be his friend and taught him about being a better person. As the story goes on, the Beast fell in love with the girl after going through some obstacles caused by the girl's older brother.
 
While I play the Beauty role, obviously because I'm the only girl, Gikwang will play the Beast role; even though Doojoon has convinced me that Junhyung is the perfect one to play the role.
 
Doojoon has the role of my older brother who didn't accept my relationship with Gikwang and Junhyung is Gikwang's best friend, his only friend who tried to hook me up with Gikwang.
 
Yoseob is the narrator. He will show up in the middle of the story, right at the dance party scene, where he will sing Beauty and the Beast, the scene where Gikwang realized that he's in love with me.
 
After two weeks practice, after two weeks of preparation with simple costumes and make ups, it's finally the day for us to show Professor Cho that we can do something beyond her prediction.
 
Doojoon once told us that her expression when she knew that we will perform was priceless. Looked like she didn't expect it, not even for 1% possibility.
 
We will perform as the last one because of our late application for the performance. So I decide to wait on the rooftop by myself because I still have three hours until our performance.
 
The last two weeks were surprising. Yes, even I, Park Haneul, can be surprised by the things happened lately.
 
Junhyung kissed me when I returned his jacket. That night I felt that my heart was beating extremely fast. I never been kissed before, as long as I remember. Because I never thought of falling in love. Not even once.
 
As if it was not enough, Yoseob suddenly kissed me just because I asked what kiss should feel like. But I guess it's just one of his joke, considering his playful personality.
 
I kissed Gikwang accidentally as well when we're practicing. That was a total accident but it did surprise me; especially because his face was burning like tomato.
 
I tried to act as if nothing happened after what happened between us, but I can't deny the fact that a slight change happens.
 
There is this unexplained tension whenever I gather together with them.
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
Haneul is nowhere to be found. I bet she is on the rooftop again. It's her favorite place to stay when she's escaping from me. After all it's too crowded anywhere.
 
After the day I kissed Haneul secretly, I've decided that I need to adjust my feeling towards her. I will confess to her after our performance.
 
I guess I have fallen for her for a while; probably even before we performed together as a band.
 
I was amazed with the fact of a smart girl who keeps breaking the rule is considered as my arch enemy in this school. On top of that, she is actually a bright and confident girl who is willing to do anything even with strangers.
 
This personality of her made me as her secret admirer and as time goes by, I fell in love with her. But I know it's impossible for her to return my feeling.
 
And it's not only Haneul who I need to think for now. Gikwang, Junhyung, and Yoseob are three people that I need to be awared of if I'm serious about Haneul.
 
Gikwang often blushed when they were practicing together while I always found Junhyung was looking at Haneul whenever we're together. Yoseob always tried a way to find Haneul; he even kissed her hand once when practiced his song.
 
Do I really need to admit that those three persons are my rivals?
 
I was going to search for her at the rooftop when I hear some students are talking about Beauty and the Beast.
 
"They said Professor Cho has asked the drama club to perform today!" a girl squeaks. "They will perform Beauty and the Beast!"
 
My heart skips a beat. Don't tell me that Professor Cho...
 
"I heard it's a remake. So the Beauty's brother is the one who opposed their relationship," another girl speaks out.
 
This is too obvious!
 
Professor Cho has crossed the line!
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
I walk to the rooftop in silence. It's weir that Doojoon suddenly asked all of us to gather on the rooftop. I mean we still have three hours until our performance.
 
"Professor Cho asked the drama club to perform Beauty and the Beast and I've cross checked it with a friend from drama club," Doojoon explains as soon as all of us gather together. "They will perform in ten minutes and there is no way for us to stop them or say that they are taking our script."
 
"Don't tell me she asked one of your members of Student Committee to copy your script," Gikwang frowns. "Professor Cho is so tricky."
 
"She really hates me, doesn't she?" Haneul laughs calmly. "She will do everything to stop me, I guess."
 
I take a glance at her. It's fantastic how she can stay calm in this situation. This is one reason why I'm interested in her, I guess.
 
If we stick with our plan, it will be a really big trouble. The other students probably will accuse us as copycat. But we don't have another plan.
 
"Aish, what should we do now?" Doojoon messes his own hair with frustration. "What will we do? What can we do?"
 
Junhyung suddenly leaves his stand and walks to the door, ready to leave us.
 
"Yah, where are you going?" Doojoon asks.
 
"Talk to Professor Cho," Junhyung answers with monotone. "What do you think we can do now?"
 
"You can't talk with someone like her," Haneul says. "We're going to perform something else."
 
"What?" Doojoon's eyes widen. "It's impossible!"
 
"I have a plan. It's up to you to go with it or not. After all, it's my and Junhyung's problem if we don't perform. She is not going to expel another student, I'm sure," Haneul shrugs with a smile on her face.
 
"Well," I cut in quickly, knowing Doojoon or Junhyung will argue with her, "I'm not planning to let her evil plan to work. So I'm in."
 
"Me too," Gikwang raises his hand. "It's too late to turn back now."
 
Junhyung closes the door again and leans to the door in silence; he is definitely going with the plan. Especially because his school life is in stake here.
 
Haneul looks at Doojoon.
 
He sighs, "Fine. What's your plan B?"
 
 
* Gikwang's POV *
 
Doojoon returns back to the rooftop with notebook and speakers. He said he borrowed it from his friends from computer club.
 
"Why do we need these things?" Yoseob asks while Doojoon is preparing the speaker.
 
"I think there is only one thing we share in common," Haneul mutters. "From all differences we have, I think we all have one similarity."
 
I know what she is talking about. Since the day we performed together as a band, I've noticed that we share one thing in common.
 
I talked with Doojoon one day and he told me that he has learned playing piano since he was a little kid. His mother is a piano teacher until now.
 
While Yoseob said that he was a trainee for vocal lesson when he as in junior high school because he admired a lot of artists in pop music.
 
I never asked Junhyung but from the way he played the drum, I know somehow he learned to play the drum because he likes it.
 
I can play bass because I watched a concert when I was a little and I thought playing something other than guitar would be cool. After all, I love to listen a synchronized music.
 
Haneul, of course, she said that his father is a music teacher and she learned to compose songs and play guitar from her father even though her father has deceased now. I know it from a friend who came from the same junior high school with Haneul.
 
Five of us love music.
 
In different form. In different way. But we love music.
 
"Let me repeat something," Haneul examines our face. "We're not allowed to perform as band right?"
 
"Yes, other than band club," Yoseob says. "We're not allowed to use the band instrument."
 
"Let's use technology then," she claps her hands with excitement. "Let's use MR."
 
"Music Recorded," Yoseob murmurs. "It's a good idea. We can sing with MR and we don't even need instrument."
 
"I'm sure we can practice a song quickly," Haneul approaches Doojoon. "I've been preparing a song actually because my mother wants to listen to an accoustic song. I guess we can use it today."
 
"Yah," Junhyung mumbles. "Are you sure we can work it out for today?"
 
"I'm sure enough that we can work it out if we work together," Haneul gives Doojoon a CD. "The question is will you do this together with me?"
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
Haneul lets us listen to the MR of the song she composed. It's indeed a simple yet beautiful song. She only used guitar to record the song.
 
She gave us the lyrics and divided the parts for us.
 
I take a glance at Haneul. She is discussing the lyrics with Doojoon as they stand really close to each other.
 
I am annoyed with their closeness. I guess I'm jealous. But I don't think I have any right to be jealous; it's not like she is my girlfriend.
 
The night I kissed her was nothing I ever planned. She didn't say a thing about that so I stay silence as well.
 
The only thing I know is the fact that Doojoon has been closer to her now and looks like both Gikwang and Yoseob do the same.
 
"So I guess you will do the rap part then," Haneul's statement snaps me back from daydreaming.
 
I shove away the thought and respond her, "Sure."
 
"Well, we have two hours to practice," Doojoon looks at his wristwatch. "Let's start the practice."
 
"Yoseob, focus at the refrain part and the high note," Haneul warns him with a bright smile.
 
"This is really interesting," Yoseob smirks.
 
I wonder what will happen again. When five of us gather together, it looks like unexpected things keep happening around us.
 
"Once and for all," Haneul smiles.