♫8♫ Epiphany

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Gikwang's POV *
 
Three days have passed since the day of school 30th anniversary. Nothing have changed since that day except for three things.
 
First, I find other students often whisper whenever I pass by. Since I'm not a popular student like Haneul, Doojoon, or Junhyung, it shouldn't have happened.
 
But I guess our performance was too awesome to be ignored. I was amazed by our own performance as well.
 
Second thing, I maintain better relationship with them. Yoseob will always greet me whenever he sees me, Doojoon even asked me to have lunch together with him, and sometimes Junhyung waits for me near the main gate when classes are over.
 
And this third, which is people not aware of, is Haneul has disappeared. The rules breaker is nowhere to be found now.
 
I walk to the library, knowing that I will find her there. When I reach the corner of the library, I find a girl with black thick rimmed glasses is reading a book.
 
Her long hair is formed as a ponytail and she is concentrating with the book, not even aware with my presence.
 
"Haneul," I mumble and take a seat next to her. "I know you're here."
 
She looks at me and gives me her usual bright smile, "Ah, Gikwang."
 
Yes, this girl in front of me is Park Haneul. She fulfilled her promise to Professor Cho; since that day, none of us ever heard of Park Haneul the rules breaker anymore.
 
She spends her lunch break in library, wears glasses, and she even changed her hairstyle. Doojoon and Yoseob have asked me about Haneul's where about. And since we're friends, from my point of view, I told them about her deal with Professor Cho, but I didn't tell them about where to find her.
 
"You've changed your hairstyle again," I chuckle. "I thought you're satisfied enough with the braids."
 
"It's fun to try new things, isn't it?" she grins; ah, she doesn't change at all. She is still the amusing and cheerful Haneul.
 
"The others asked about you," I tell her. "They are looking for you."
 
"I know," Haneul closes her book. "They've sent me text messages. Do they miss me that lot?"
 
"Ah, I guess," I joke. "I guess we just miss your unpredictable actions."
 
"Well, well," she stands up and hits my head with the book very lightly, "I guess karaoke will be fun tonight."
 
"Eh?"
 
"Hey, friends go to karaoke together, right?" Haneul winks at me. "I'll ask the others."
 
Friends.
 
"Sure," I smile widely to her while she walks away. "Give me the time!"
 
I guess I've found my friends here. The very different friends. But still friends.
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
I lean to the fence, looking at the blue sky. There is no one here at the rooftop. Again.
 
I've been looking for Haneul these three days here but I didn't find her, not even once. She didn't even reply to my text messages. As if she just disappeared to nowhere.
 
Even after Gikwang told us about her deal with Professor Cho, I still couldn't find her.
 
Somehow the school is really peaceful now. And, I need to admit it, I miss her cheerfulness. The only thing that makes me feel that school is not boring.
 
The door is opened by a girl with black thick rimmed glasses. Her face is really familiar for me.
 
"I know you will be here," she says cheerfully.
 
This sound... Park Haneul?
 
"Yah," my eyes widen in shock. "What happened to you?"
 
"What?" she laughs. "I don't wear glasses. This just for fashion. It's cool, isn't it?"
 
I immediately laugh after she said that. Aigoo, she is such an unpredictable girl. Even with this appearance, I still find her really amusing.
 
"I'm planning for karaoke tonight. Five of us," she speaks out the sudden plan. "Are you in?"
 
"Five of us again?" I raise my eyebrow as the idea of teasing her crosses my mind. "What about only two of us?"
 
She steps backwards carefully while I step closer to her.
 
"It will be better if five of us gather together," she keeps stepping away from me. "Don't you think so?"
 
I stop my steps and look at her with a smirk, "You never thought of me as something more than a friend, eh?"
 
"Nope," she stops her steps as well. "Because from five of us, we share the most similarities. We're too nothing-can-bind-us persons."
 
Ah, she's right. Even though I do feel that I have a crush on her slightly, I find that we're too alike to be a couple. You know, it's no fun at all if you have a couple who is really similar with you.
 
"Haneul, the question about the kiss you asked me that day," I say calmly. "Was it Doojoon who kissed you? Or Junhyung?"
 
She freezed for seconds before replies me, "What made you think it's one of them?"
 
"Because there is no guy who has guts enough to kiss you other than us," I grin. "I'm smart, you know?"
 
She giggles and then steps closer to me. She pats my head twice and then whispers, "See you, Yang Yoseob."
 
With that, she leaves me on the rooftop alone.
 
Well, tonight will be another interesting night with her. With them.

My school life will be really amusing if I'm with them.
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
I sigh and lean to my chair. The classes are over now but I still let myself work in the Student Committee room.
 
This is the third day I haven't seen Haneul. The plan of confession for her was a failure; she disappeared right after the performance.
 
I haven't asked anything to Junhyung as well since I am too frustrated with the fact that Haneul is disappearing from my sight. Why did she even make such kind of deal with Professor Cho?
 
Don't tell me she withdraws herself from this school.
 
I used to be chasing after her everyday, listening to teachers' complaints about her, trying to figure out where she was. But I haven't done it.
 
Where is that girl?
 
"Park Haneul, you're really annoying me!" I groan loudly.
 
"Well, sorry for that," I hear she replies me calmly. I look up and see a girl with glasses just entered the room without even bothering to knock.
 
"Even after I stopped breaking the rules, you're still annoyed by me. How funny you are," she approaches me with a bright smile.
 
What?
 
"Yah!" I stand up quickly. "Park Haneul! Where have you been?!"
 
"Nowhere," she chuckles, amused by my reaction. "You just didn't notice me. Ah, glasses have wonderful effect."
 
I walk closer to her and examine her face. It's her. It's Park Haneul.
 
"I'm planning to karaoke together tonight," she crosses her arms together. "Care to join?"
 
As if I didn't hear what she just said, I pull her into a hug. This is so not me, I know, but I can't stop myself.
 
Three days without her is suffering me. A little.
 
"Park Haneul, you really need a detention from me," I sigh in relief. "How could you leave us without any explanation?"
 
"You're overreacting," she pats my back. "I'm not leaving. You just didn't notice my change."
 
I pull away from her and touch her cheek gently, "You know, you've changed our lives. At least my life."
 
"Glad to hear that," she grins. "But don't worry, you're not going to chase me down again. I can't break any rule anymore."
 
"I don't mind with your breaking rules habit," I say honestly. "I miss that."
 
"So the perfect guy has been changed a lot by me," Haneul raises her eyebrow. "How come you miss the imperfection?"
 
"Because I guess I fall in love with you."
 
I've said it. I've confessed to her. I can feel my cheeks are burning now.
 
There are seconds of silence between us.
 
"Thank you," she finally says something. "But I don't think we will make it as a couple."
 
"Eh?" I blink.
 
"Well, karaoke tonight," she pats my shoulder with a wide smile. "I'll call you again!"
 
She leaves the room while I'm stunned with her reaction.
 
That is totally unexpected!
 
"Aish," I facepalm myself. "I can't expect anything expectable from you, Park Haneul."
 
I walk to my table and continue to work on my task, knowing that I need to finish it soon.
 
I don't want to miss the fun karaoke night with them.
 
The four persons who give me different colors of life.
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
I sit down, leaning my back to the tree, listening to the music from my iPod silently. The classes are over but I don't want to return home yet.
 
Actually I hope I can see that girl today.
 
Since the performance, I haven't seen her around. As if she disappeared from this school. I tried to search her at her class during lunch break but she's never there.
 
Where in the world is that Park Haneul?
 
"Gotcha."
 
I open my eyes and look at the girl who is standing in front of me.
 
Even though she has different looks from her usual self, I know it's her. It's Park Haneul.
 
"You...," I murmur as I stand up. "You finally show yourself."
 
"I'm always around," she chuckles and leans to the tree. "All of you just never noticed me with the new hairstyle."
 
I take a glance at her; she tied her long hair in a ponytail. She is wearing a black thick rimmed glasses. Something she never used before.
 
"Maybe I must try to cut my hair today so you won't notice me tomorrow," she laughs happily while her fingers are playing with her long hair.
 
I slam my left hand to the tree, right next to her right ear. She flinches a little when I do that.
 
"Don't," I mutter and reach out my hand to her hair. I pull her hairband, letting her long hair to be loose. "Don't you dare cut your hair."
 
"Yah," she tilts her head. "It's my hair here. Why do you even bother about it?"
 
Without even thinking, I crash my lips on hers while my hand moves to caress her cheek.
 
"Because you're more beautiful with your long hair," I whisper, trying to control my heartbeat. My heart is beating out of control.
 
For my surprise, she is blushing as well. The brave and confident Park Haneul is blushing right in front of me.
 
"I'm not supposed to break any rule here," she tries to push me away with her palms on my chest. "If Professor Cho knows about this..."
 
I lean closer to her and whisper to her ear, "It's me who is breaking the rule here."
 
"But it's impossible for you to break the rules for me, Yong Jun-"
 
I kiss her again on the lips, making her to stop talking.
 
She clutches my shirt and, I'm sure this time, she kisses me back. Slightly but I can feel it.
 
"Any chance you want to say something?" I ask after I parted the kiss, hoping that she will say something about us.
 
"Well," she looks down with her flushed pink cheeks. "What about karaoke tonight?"
 
Karaoke?
 
"Five of us. Right?" I frown, slightly annoyed with the fact that she is talking about something else.
 
She nods with the smile on her face, "It will be fun!"
 
I sigh but then smile to her, "Well, I guess it will."
 
If five of us never shared our loves for music, I would never be this close with them. I would be the student who hated by almost all students.
 
And on top of that, I would never fall in love with Haneul.
 
"Wait," I hold her hand when she is ready to leave. "Don't you need to say something?"
 
She lets her lips form into another curve and puts her index finger on her lips, "The impossible is possible."
 
After that she tip toes to land a kiss on my cheek.
 
"See you tonight," she waves at me and leaves me alone under the tree.
 
Well, she has changed my life. Our lives. The four guys who have been living the school life almost feeling nothing.
 
And then she came along and showed us that differences are no obstacles for friendship.
 
"You are an epiphany, Park Haneul."