♫1♫ Challenge

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
I yawn and open my eyes, looking at the clear sky. I check my phone and find there are twenty missed calls along with twelve new text messages.
 
I can guess that within five minutes, he will come to find me here at the rooftop.
 
When I hear the sound of opened door, I smirk and turn around, ready to face the President of Student Committee again, like usual.
 
But for my surprise, it's not him. It's not Yoon Doojoon.
 
"Ah, so you're here," Yoseob mutters. "Doojoon is looking for you since the classes are over."
 
Before I could even reply, someone else opens the door and, I'm right this time, it's Doojoon.
 
Since he only looks at me, he bumps himself with Yoseob accidentally.
 
"Yah!" Yoseob groans. "There is a person here!"
 
"S-sorry," Doojoon mutters to him and turns to me again. "You skip classes again. Professor Kim just informed me."
 
"What's the point of attending classes when you never listen to the lecturer?" I frown. "It's not like I ever failed on a subject before."
 
"Don't make an excuse," Doojoon sighs. "Please stop breaking the rule, Haneul ah. Even the headmaster asked me personally to be a person in charge of you."
 
"Stop arguing," Yoseob cuts in. "You two need some refreshment."
 
"I don't need one," I grin. "Doojoon needs one though. For taking care of me for this whole year."
 
"You...," right when Doojoon is going to protest, a loud noise attracts us.
 
We step to the edge of the rooftop and see more than thirty students with brown uniforms, gathering in front of the main gate.
 
"It's from the new school in this complex," Yoseob mutters. "What are they doing here?"
 
"Looks like it's not for friendly visit," Doojoon frowns. "They are looking for someone."
 
Doojoon is right. They are shouting a name: Yong Junhyung.
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
"Junhyung," Gikwang wakes me up from my sleep. "People are looking for you. Did you do something at the new school?"
 
"What?" I try to gather my senses back since I was sleeping under a tree before he woke me up. "What are you talking about?"
 
"There are more than two dozens students looking for you outside. They said a student from here challenged them for a competition," Gikwang looks worried. "Our students don't dare to step out now and the teachers are looking for you now."
 
I don't remember having a problem with students from new school. Looks like it's another stupid prank caused by people who hate me from being a careless person.
 
Yes, I have many enemies and I don't care. I never called a single person as my friend.
 
A friend is someone who asks you for a favor. That's all.
 
I get up and walk to the main gate lazily. I know I must meet them in person or this issue will never be finished.
 
Gikwang is right. More than two dozens student in brown uniforms are waiting for me with anger all written on their faces.
 
"It's Yong Junhyung!" a boy shouts, pointing at me.
 
"Yah, Yong Junhyung!" a hand stops me from getting closer to them since they can't get in because the main gate is closed by the system.
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
Being a President of Student Committee is not an easy job. Especially when you are a perfectionist and you must face students like Haneul and Junhyung.
 
Haneul, a girl who lives to break the rules but her scores are perfect, making her to stand out as the best student.
 
Junhyung, a boy who has many enemies because of his cold and careless attitude. His words are flowing right from his heart without even care about what other people think about him.
 
Today's visit from these students from the new school is not a new stuff for us. Haneul and Junhyung are the best reason for strangers to come here; often because their sharp words and statements.
 
To be honest, I know Junhyung never hurt people literally. He just have a really sharp tongue and I pity him for being accused for every little bad thing that happened to our school.
 
"Yah, Yong Junhyung!" I stop him from getting closer to the main gate.
 
"What?" he hisses, giving me a deadly glare.
 
"Do you want to be a punch bag there?" I sigh. "They are definitely going to kill you!"
 
Even before Junhyung could reply me, Haneul is already standing near the main gate, having her usual smirk on her face.
 
"Why are you looking for Yong Junhyung?" she asks bravely, making me facepalm my own face.
 
"He said that our band sounds like trash!" a boy answers loudly, making his friends to shout with agreement. "He said that his school is better than ours!"
 
Haneul turns to look at Junhyung and then looks at the boy again, "Is that the Yong Junhyung you're looking for?"
 
Suddenly they become silence for seconds.
 
"Someone from this school told us that," the boy finally speaks out. "He said he is Yong Junhyung's friend and we can find him here if we want to."
 
"Wow, Yong Junhyung has a friend?" Haneul mutters sarcastically. "That's new!"
 
Yes, this is totally a trap for Junhyung.
 
 
* Gikwang's POV *
 
I don't understand why I feel that it's really hard to be an average student. I'm not really smart, not really good looking, not really good in sport. I'm just your average type of student.
 
The only thing I treasure the most is friendship. Since I'm new in this school, I still haven't find someone who I can call as my best friend.
 
I often meet Yoon Doojoon in his attempts to capture Park Haneul, a totally interesting girl yet unexpectable one. Yong Junhyung also a student I often meet because he is quite famous in this school.
 
"They are so in trouble," Yoseob mutters as he approaches me.
 
"But looks like Haneul is going to do something," I shrug and flash a smile at him.
 
"What can he do so you can leave from here?" Haneul asks to the boy. "We want to go home and we can't do that if you're blocking our main gate."
 
"What?!" the boy is shocked with her question.
 
"Come on. Don't tell me you're going to settle everything with fists. We're not little kids anymore," Haneul mutters calmly.
 
The boy exchange looks with his friends and they start talking to each other in whispers.
 
"He said our band sounds like trash. Let me hear your band then," the boy tells Haneul. "We want Junhyung to show us what band is."
 
"Fine."
 
My eyes widen upon her answer.
 
She doesn't even ask Junhyung for his opinion and she just agreed with the deal.
 
Haneul is indeed unpredictable.
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
I guess today is going to be amusing.
 
I never thought that high school can be boring yet entertaining. I entered this school just because of my mother's request.
 
I avoid conflicts but I never wanted to be ruled by someone else. It's my life and I'm going to live it with my own way.
 
Park Haneul is the girl who lives with her own principal. She was the first person I met when I attended the opening ceremony.
 
I was late and she was sitting under the tree, not bothering to attend the opening ceremony. Let alone she was listening to music comfortably.
 
And, as for now, she's just doing her own problem solving to clear out the main gate.
 
As soon as she agrees with the deal, the people move over from the main gate. I can hear that Haneul asks an hour from them to prepare the band. They agree to meet again in an hour at the new school's auditorium where they will prepare the instruments for our band.
 
This plan is crazy.
 
The school band is not going to help out. They are way too scared to deal with the students from new school.
 
After the main gate is clear, the system opens the gate and all students storm out from the building, leaving the school empty.
 
"Doojoon!" Professor Cho approaches him. "Please control Park Haneul! Don't make the trouble even bigger!"
 
"Yah," I cut in impatiently, "if she didn't say a thing, they won't leave."
 
Professor Cho squeaks something and then rushes in the school building again, leaving only five person, standing in the middle of school yard.
 
"What are you going to do now, Haneul ah?" Gikwang steps closer.
 
"This is so messed up," Doojoon messes his own hair. "Who will perform then?!"
 
"You are a fool," Junhyung mutters under his breath. "You're just making the problem bigger now."
 
"Well, since we are the only persons left here, it means we are the people who will perform within an hour," Haneul gives us a big grin.
 
Ah, today will be a really amusing day.