II

The One Nightstand

"I'm sorry I'm late." Seohyun apologized as soon as she entered the Cafe.

 
 
"It's oka- why are you wearing the same clothes as last night?" Confusion written over the young girls face.
 
 
"Oh you know. I myself don't remember last night," she said in a matter of fact way, "I went to the club, which I was forced, with my 'friends', and woke up this morning in a strangers bed." Seohyun was now glaring at her.
 
 
"Hahaha," the girl responded with a nervous laugh, " About that," she scratched her neck, " We kinda lost you." She said only audible enough for only them to hear.
 
 
What friends I have. Loosing me at a club.
 
 
"You lost me? This is why I don't go to places like those. I don't even know why you guys insist if you don't even stay with me." They were now heading to the locker room at the back.
 
 
"Who had you drinking?" She waited for her to answer but she didn't, " See. You don't have to drink if you don't want too. So, stop blaming us."
 
 
"Hyoyeon, I only had one cocktail. You yourself know I'm not the type to drink. That's why I don't know how I got into the situation I was in this morning." Seohyun let out all at once getting breathless at the end.
 
 
"What do you mean by 'the situation I was in this morning'?" Hyoyeon asked lowering her voice and getting closer to her.
 
 
"I'll tell you later I need to get dressed," Seohyun responded trying to dismiss the horrible thoughts of the morning. 
 
 
"Fine, but you have to give me all the details later," Hyoyeon yelled over her shoulder walking out the locker room, "Hurry, we're getting more customers."
 
 
"Yeah. Yeah. I'll be right out." Seohyun rolled her eyes dismissing her statement.
 
 
I wouldn't have been late if some 'people' had been with me.
 
 
Opening her locker and taking out the jeans, plain white dress shirt, and the apron. She undresses herself, knowing that no one would walk in on her, putting on the Jean, then the shirt and tucking it in. Completing getting dressed by putting the apron.
 
 
"Joohyun!" Seohyun walked out the locker room hearing her name.
 
 
"Yeah?" She asked to probably one of her friends that worked with her.
 
 
"We need you to take care of the new customers," The young girl looked to the direction of the entrance, "I'm busy with the register." 
 
 
"Okay, Sooyoung. I'll handle it." Seohyun smiled reassuringly at her friend.
 
 
Sooyoung stopped her before leaving , "During lunch break you got to spill the beans. Hyoyoen said you were in a sticky situation this morning." Having curiosity in her eyes.
 
 
"You know-. Wait never mind."  Stopping herself before blaming anyone anymore.
 
 
"Just go take care the customers.go." Sooyoung dismissed her by giving her a small push toward the entrance.
 
 
Seohyun just nodded going to attend the new customers. She couldn't complain her friends were more than she could ask. If it wasn't for Taeyeon, her eldest friend, she would be jobless. Seohyun did enjoy working here with all her 8 sister, that's what they considered themselves, not just friends. But sisters.
 
 
At 'Wish Cafe' she worked Monday-Friday from 10 to 5 having to leave an hour earlier for her late classes at college. Seohyun would only get to rest on Saturday's and Sunday's.
 
 
"Hello welcome to 'Wish Cafe' let me take to table," welcoming the 6 young men at the entrance and without giving them a second glance. She lead them to an open table at the back of the Cafe, she waited until they were seat, and handed them each a menu.
 
 
 
"My name is Seohyun and I'll be you waitress. I'll be back in a couple minutes to take your orders. If you need anything you just ask." Smiling at the end.
 
 
"Excuse me," Seohyun turns back around, " We are waiting for our friend today's is his birthday, and we want to surprise him with a cake when he comes. So were wondering if you could sing happy birthday as well as brig the cake?" 
 
 
Oh we haven't done this in a while.
 
 
"Sure, I'll even get the rest of the girls to do it," she addressed the tall cheery guy.
 
 
"Thanks. I hope we're not bothering you." The guy smiled at her.
 
 
"No it's fine," she returned his smile, "but you'll have to tell me his name in order to write it on the cake." 
 
 
"His name is Suho." the tannest one spoke up
 
 
"Okay? S-U-H-O, right?" Seohyun asked unsure.
 
 
Thats the weirdest name I've ever heard.
 
 
"It's a nickname, he doesn't really like his name." As if reading her mind one of them answered, he had the biggest eyes.
 
 
"Most of us don't." The tan one remarked.
 
 
"Well I'll ll be back," Not wanting to know more she makes her way to the kitchen, " Yoona, where are the cakes?" She goes to the main cook in the cafe.
 
 
"Why?" Yoona responded curiously.
 
 
"Some customers friend birthday,"  Shrugging her shoulders, " We have to sing also." 
 
 
Seohyun starts laughing at her friends reaction, because she knows Yoona doesn't hate anything  more than singing. 
 
 
"Why??" Yoona starts to whine.
 
 
"Your too old to be whining," Seohyun jokingly scolds her, " How you got a boyfriend who loves to sing is out of my reach." 
 
 
How lucky is she to have Seungi.
 
 
"Shut up," she point to the freezer in the far corner, "They're in there." 
 
 
"Thanks tell the guy about please," Seohyun starts to write on the cake 'Congrats on your day Suho!' "I'll go check on them."