VI

The One Nightstand

If waking up after not showering the previous day was bad imagine not changing clothes for almost two days. Seohyun didn't waste time complaining. The first thing she did in the after waking up that morning was take a long warm shower.

 
Showers tend to be relaxing and peaceful to Seohyun, but not today. It was anything but peaceful let alone relaxing.
 
Once again she was haunted with the scene she had waken up to the previous day. Not only that but also the scene from the cafe kept replaying. No matter how hard Seohyun tried that memory kept getting replayed in her head like a broken DVD player. 
 
I have to keep myself as busy as I can maybe that'll clear up my head 
 
Preoccupying herself was the only way she could come up to forget about her thoughts. 
 
Seohyun had arrived early, like usual, to 'Wish Cafe' and everything was up and running in the small place. The rest of the day was like all the other days. It was alway busy in the morning but around noon the place would clear up, until night that was. 
 
 Most of the customers tended to be college students, considering the fact that there was a University nearby. They usually came in the mornings and also late at nights, to drink a cup of coffee to give them energy. Seohyun herself knows how it feels doing assignments for her classes. Always tiring and time consuming.
 
"Are you free this afternoon?" Hyoyeon asked out the blue. Which surprised and formed curiosity in Seohyun. 
 
"Why?" 
 
This better not be another party invitation. I swear I'll really strangle her
 
"Why are you getting so worked up over a simple question?"
 
"You know why. Don't act all innocent." Seohyun was now glaring.
 
"Fine, fine. I was just wondering." Hyoyeon said it in a way that made Seohyun look like the bad guy.
 
"Sorry I'm still a little pissed off about yesterday. No I don't have anything after work today, why?"
 
"Maybe you want to be my wing women for a small gathering?" She was know looking at the younger girl with pleading eyes.
 
Seohyun scoffed, "Small gathering? What a joke." She was expressing her thoughts of unbelievability.
 
"What?" Hyoyeon answered acting innocently. The younger girl still looking at her with 'I can't believe you' look.
 
"Don't you mean a party? I told you about those things. I am never going to one of those." She was trying to make it clear to her friend that she wasn't planing to go to a party anytime soon.
 
"Party? What party? It's a small gathering of  friends, 15 give or take, having a good time enjoying food and drinks, oh and some background music to liven up the mood." She responded nonchalantly.
 
"What a weird dictionary to must own, because your definition of party is quiet opposite of mine." Seohyun could clearly tell she was lying.
 
She clearly nuts thinking I'll fall for her small gathering crap
 
"Come on loosen up I need a designated driver, you know I drink too much, and I could end up like yo-," Seohyun gave her a death glare, " yo- yuri, Yuri that's right she was left their after she passed out. Remember?" 
 
"Nice save, but no. And I'm putting my foot down. You know the risks but if you still take them it's your fault not others." Seohyun wasn't stupid enough to actually go to another party, or ever was, but she happened to have really bad luck the day she does.
 
Oh well can't go back to the past, or can I? How I wish that was really possible...
 
"Can I call you to pick me up at least?" Hyoyeon persisted.
 
"Why can't you ask someone there?"
 
Why does she want me to go? It's like she's determined to get me to that party.
 
" Fine," Finally giving up, "if I get it's your fault." She said running away from her before she would get another lecture from Seohyun.
 
"I warned you so my conscience would be guilt free, I don't think I would care either way." Seohyun screamed before she was out of reach.
 
What crazy friends I have found
 
With a small smile lingering in her lips and a disapproving head shake she headed to the new arriving customers.