III

The One Nightstand

Arriving once again to the six guys table Seohyun gathered their attention with a simple "Excuse me."

 
 
"Sorry we didn't see you," apologized the foreign looking guy with a dimple penetrating his cheek when he smiled.
 
 
"No need to apologize. I just came to check if everything was fine." Scanning their faces and smiling.
 
 
"We were informed about our friend's arrival," It appeared to be another foreigner, but lacking dimples, and with dark circles under his eyes, "He said he was 15 minutes away." 
 
 
"That's great we have the cake ready and now all we need is the birthday boy," Making it sound excited even though she really wasn't, " Wait. I forgot to ask how old he was turning we need to put the right amount of candles on the cake."
 
 
With a cheeky smile the tallest one answered, "23. The birthday boy is pretty old." The small comment making the rest of his posse burst into laughter. But Seohyun didn't find it funny and just gave a simple smile.
 
 
"Thanks.....um. Sorry I didn't quite catch any of your names." She shrugged her shoulders.
 
 
"Well we can solve that. Right guys?" The only guy that had been quiet finally spoke up.
 
 
They all nodded as in agreement and Seohyun feeling troubled by the new situation which she didn't intend to have started.
 
 
 
 I didn't intend to make new acquaintances.
 
 
 
"I'll start," The tallest started, " Park Chanyeol, nice meeting you."
 
 
Next was, " Do kyungsoo." Who always seemed to be in a surprised state.
 
 
 
"Kai." The tannest kept it simple. Seohyun eyed him to see if he was being serious with his name.  Then remembering an earlier comment about nicknames and not liking their names.
 
 
"Nickname," the foreigner, with the cute dimple, made Seohyun assumptions clear, "Zhang Yixing, at your service. You can refer to me as Lay if you want." Finishing with a smile.
 
 
Lay? Like the chips lay...
 
 
Keeping her comment to herself and chuckling under her breath she proceeded and looked at the next foreigner.
 
 
"Tao, I'm Chinese just like Lay." Swinging his arm over the guy. Which he removed right away.
 
 
"Finally. Oh Sehun. I'm the youngest." Giving her a smirk.
 
 
Seohyun discarded the smirk as if nothing and proceeded, "Well nice meeting you guys," Not being sincere at all, "Aren't you going to order anything?" She stared at them trying to move on quickly.
 
 
"Not right now. I think Suho will be here any minute," Chanyeol voiced out, "we'll order then."
 
 
"Speaking of which I need to finish putting the candles on," turning around and pausing, "Wait," getting an idea she turned back around to face them," One of you should get me when he gets here and make the cake a surprise."
 
 
"That's a great idea!" Exclaimed Yixing excitedly.
 
 
 
Seohyun finally being able to get to the kitchen she hurriedly sought out for the candle to put on the cake. Finally with the candles she started to place them around the rim of the cake.
 
 
"Joohyun." she turned around to see who it was.
 
 
"Yuri. Did Yoona tell you about the singing?" She asked but didn't wait to get an answer before going back to placing the candles.
 
 
"Yeah, but she kept going on and on about not wanting to do it." Letting out an annoyed groan at the end.
 
 
"She so childish," she said shaking her head in disappointment, "in the end she'll do it. Why bother complaining."
 
 
"Let her be. Yoona will be Yoona." Yuri said chuckling at the end, which Seohyun joined in on.
 
 
Finishing Seohyun turns to face her tanned friend, "Who else is here?"
 
 
"Besides Yoona. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and," trying to remember, "Soonkyu just got here." She said counting on with her fingers.
 
 
"Can you go get them. The guy is about to get here any minute and I'll light the candle in the mean time." Nodding the older girl left the kitchen in search of the others.