Your Girlfriend

Cheer Up, Dude

Three days later, after Jungah asked "nicely" for Jekyung to back away from Kiseop, Jungah went up to Kiseop during lunch to talk to him. 

"Hey there" she smiled. Kiseop looked up at her and smiled back with a mouthful of food. Jungah laughed and sat down. "How is your lunch?"

"Good.. Did you already eat?" Kiseop asked her. "Yes, yes I have. And I have something to ask you" Jungah said. Kiseop nodded and listened. "What is Jekyung to you?" she asked. Kiseop's smile dropped. "What is she to me?"

Jungah nodded. 

Then he smiled again. "A friend.. Why?"

Jungah took a deep breath. "I thought you guys were dating or something" she played dumb. 

"No, otherwise I would've asked her to the dance, not you" Kiseop winked. Jungah blushed and covered her face

"I have something to ask you.. And I know I probably won't get the answer I want" Kiseop started, just how he and Jekyung had rehearsed it the night before. Jungah fanned her cheeks and looked back at him. "Yes?" she asked.

Kiseop froze and looked around the cafeteria for Jekyung. When his eyes landed on her eating lunch with AJ, he took a deep breath and loosened up

"Jungah.. Will you.. Be my girlfriend?" Kiseop asked slowly. Jungah giggled and blushed furiously. "You can say no if you wanna!" Kiseop reminded her. 

"Of course I will" she smiled and hugged him around the neck from across the table. Kiseop looked back over at Jekyung, who was now looking at them. Jungah and Kiseop continued to eat lunch when Kiseop got a text from across the room

"Mission accomplished?" Kiseop read the text from Jekyung. Kiseop smiled and typed "Mission accomplished!"

When Jekyung got the text, she looked over at him and put two thumbs up. Kiseop smiled and nodded. 

----

"Hey hottie!" Soohyun giggled as he saw Jekyung walk to her desk. "Would you stop calling me that?" Jekyung rolled her eyes and sat down. "You said I was a hottie!" Soohyun pouted. 

"I only said that to tease Kiseop" she said. Soohyun sighed and laid his head down on his desk. "So you don't think I'm a hottie?" he asked. 

"I wouldn't use the word "hottie", but I think you're very cute" she smiled and pinched his cheek. "But cute is so... not manly" he shivered. 

"What do you want from me? Okay I think you're very handsome. Is that better?" she asked. Soohyun smiled and nodded. "Yes. Thank you" he smiled and took out his notebook

After a couple minutes of silence, Soohyun broke the ice again. "Did Hyunseung try contacting you again?" he asked. "Ugh, yes.. He said he wants to come to Seoul to see me over his holiday break"

"Why?"

"He wants me to take him back.."

"But you already have me" Soohyun joked. Jekyung rolled her eyes at him and slammed her head on her desk. "What am I gunna do about him? I don't want to see him again" she whined..

"Well, next time he tries to call or text you, tell him that you have a boyfriend"

"First off, I don't. And second, if I did, Hyunseung would want to fight them, cause he loves violence. Ones of the things I hated about him"

"If he does come, I'll pose as your boyfriend. And if he wants to fight, then I'll fight for your freedom" Soohyun smiled. Jekyung scoffed. "Very funny"

Soohyun looked down at her seriously. "I'm not kidding"

Jekyung looked up at him. "You can't do that, you'll get hurt"

"Yeah, probably.. But I don't want you to have to worry about this ex of yours anymore. This is what friends do for each other. And hey, if when he does come and you have a REAL boyfriend, he can defend you. But until then, I'm making it my responsibility.."

Jekyung softened up and laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't thank you enough.."

"It's okay. And also, I'm a pretty good fighter. Have you ever seen anyone mess with me?"

"No?"

"Exactly.." he winked. 

----

"I can't take how much I want you back... When my holiday starts, I'm coming to see you..." Kiseop read one of the texts Hyunseung sent to Jekyung. "He's unbelievable!" Jekyung sighed and slammed her head down on the lunch table. "Okay, you really gotta stop doing that.. You're killing brain cells"

"Sorry, mother. I should go now, Jungah will be here soon" Jekyung sighed and got up to leave, but Kiseop grabbed her wrist. "Stay and eat with us.. Please?"

"You don't understand Kiseop, I can't" Jekyung said and tried to break free of his grip. "Why not?" he asked

Soon, Jekyung saw Jungah walking towards the cafeteria from the outside hallway. "I'll tell you later. You just have fun with her" Jekyung said and yanked her wrist out of his hand and ran for the hills. 

Kiseop looked up at Jungah who sat down across from him. She was about to talk when she looked down at the tray of food in front of her. "Was someone sitting here?" Jungah asked. "Uhh, it was just my buddy Eli. His brother got in a fight the other day and he came over to tell me how he was doing"

"Oh" Jungah squeeked, looking down at the half-eaten lunch. Kiseop then realized what she was really looking at. A rainbow colored plastic and metal wire retainer. Jekyung's retainer..

"Well I guess I'll just throw away his trash for him" Jungah smiled and took the tray to the trash with the retainer in it. Jekyung had had teeth work done not too long ago and needed her retainer to keep her teeth straight, but would take it out when she ate. 

But Jungah, knowing very well that Jekyung had a retainer threw it away without hesitation with a smirk. Kiseop regretted not speaking up, but it was too late. Jekyung's retainer was in the trash. Kiseop watched painfully while other kids continued to throw their trash in that same garbage can. "Kiseop-ah, what do you keep looking at?" Jungah asked him. "Huh? Oh, I just.. I don't know. I'm zoning out a lot today for some reason.." he lied

----

"Look who's here" Eli smiled and brought Kevin over to the table Jekyung, AJ, and Hoon were sitting at. "Kevin! Your parents are letting you come back to school finally" AJ smiled

"You look so much better today" Hoon smiled. "Thanks guys. I feel better" Kevin smiled. Jekyung couldn't keep the smile off of her face when she saw how happy Kevin looked, even though he had two black eyes and a broken nose.

Instinctively, when Jekyung was bored, she would run her tongue across her teeth to feel her retainer. But when she didn't feel it, she started to panic. Jekyung shot up from the table while everyone watched her. "Jekyung. Is something wrong?" Eli asked.

"My retainer.. It's GONE!" she screeched

All the boys at the table gasped. "Well then we gotta look for it!" AJ declared and looked under the table. While Eli and Hoon scanned the ground and Kevin sat and watched, Jekyung searched her back pack and started to tear up. "Jekyung-ah. Why are you crying?" Kevin jumped up and wiped her tears away. "If I lose that retainer my mom is going to cut my head off!" she cried. Never did she want to mess with her mom when it came to her daughter's orthodontic record

"Don't worry, we'll find it" Hoon reassured and continued to search the ground. "Did you get it any special color?" Kevin asked. "Y-Yeah.. It's *sniffles* It's rainbow" she sobbed

"Guys! It's rainbow colored" Kevin informed his hyungs as they looked anywhere they could. Then Jekyung remembered that she was sitting with Kiseop. She looked over and Kiseop and Jungah were gone. She whipped out her phone and texted Kiseop. "Have you seen my retainer?" she typed and sent. Jekyung sat at the table and waited for a response

She had a slight feeling that it might have been thrown in the trash, but she didn't want to see her friends dumpster dive for her. 

Then her phone buzzed

"No" was all Kiseop had texted back. 

After an effortless attempt to locate the missing retainer, the kids had to go back to class. Jekyung walked into class crying and sat down next to Soohyun. 

Soohyun didn't even know what happened, yet he wrapped his arms around her. "What happened? Tell me what happened" he cooed

"I lost my retainer, and my mom is gunna kill me" she sobbed silently. Soohyun sighed and rocked her back and forth in the back of the classroom. "Don't worry, you'll find it" Soohyun shushed her cries. "What does it look like?" he asked

"It's rainbow colored" she sniffled. Soohyun looked down at the desk at his notes. "I'll help you find it if you want"

"It's gone forever" she cried in her jacket. "Shh, shh.. It'll be alright. You can always get it replaced.." Soohyun sighed. Jekyung finally calmed down and fell asleep during class, using Soohyun's arm as her pillow.

----

After school, Jekyung walked to rehearsal when she was confronted by one of her cast mates, Luna

"Hey.. What's wrong? Your face is red and puffy" Luna frowned. 

"I had a bad day, I'd rather not talk about it.. I'll text you later" Jekyung slouched in one of the seats in the auditorium. 

"Hey, did you find it?" AJ kneeled down next to her and asked. She only shook her head and closed her eyes. "Hopefully it'll come up somewhere" he smiled

"I hope. I'm just not looking forward to going home to my mom" she yawned. "You wanna come over to my house so we can do homework?" AJ offered. Jekyung shook her head. "No. I'd rather go and get it over with. I'll accept my punishment gracefully" she said. AJ smiled and ruffled her hair. "Well, you look super tired, so you can go home now if you want. Just make sure to memorize your lines for act 2"

Jekyung smiled and sat up. "Thanks"

----

After Jekyung left the auditorium, she trudged to the bus stop when..

"KYUNG!"

Jekyung spun around and saw Kiseop running towards her. After all, he's the only person who calls her Kyung.

"Kiseop-ah! I thought you already left" Jekyung said as he ran up to her. Kiseop stopped, caught his breath, and held out his hand.

In it was Jekyung's retainer. 

"I washed it off and everything" Kiseop said. Jekyung gasped and covered , as if she was being proposed to. When she wouldn't take it from him, Kiseop rolled his eyes, took her hand and put it in her plam. "YOU FOUND IT!!!" Jekyung sprung up and hugged Kiseop tight around the neck.. His first hug from her. "Where was it?" she asked, still hugging him. "Uh, in the cafeteria" he said nervously.

"But we checked everywhere in the cafeteria"

"Well.." he went on, but Jekyung stopped him when she saw some yellow paste in Kiseop's hair. "What's that in your hair?" she asked. 

Kiseop gasped and tried to hide it. But to no avail. 

he sighed.. "Curry"

Then she realized, Kiseop went dumpster diving for her retainer. "Why would you go through a nasty trash can just to find my retainer? Did you throw it out by accident?"

"No, Jungah did"

"Well if SHE did, it was no accident"

"What do you mean?"

"Jungah knows very well that I have a retainer, I've showed it to her and everything"

"So, she threw it out on purpose?"

"Sounds like it.."

Kiseop and Jekyung stayed silent and waited for the bus together, until Jekyung spoke up again. "Can I be frank?" she asked

Kiseop nodded. "I think your girlfriend " she hissed

"What did she do wrong? She's a nice, pure person!" Kiseop defended Jungah

"She told me to stay away from you because you're "hers now"" Jekyung finally broke the news to him. "That's why I'm so afraid to be with you when she's there"

Kiseop sighed. "And then she throws away my retainer, which might I remind you, was on purpose!" she added. 

"If you think she so much, why did you help me get closer to her?" Kiseop asked

"I didn't know she was the evil type" she shrugged.

"She's NOT EVIL!!" he shouted.

"She is too, and I can't wait for you to finally realize that!" Jekyung got up in Kiseop's face and started to walk home. "Where are you going!?" he asked

"Home! I don't want to stand here with you!" she turned around and yelled. Kiseop let out an angry groan and walked back towards his house. On his way home, he got a text from Jekyung

"Still though.. Thanks for finding it..." the text read. Kiseop couldn't help but smile. "She can't stay mad at me" he thought 

"You're welcome" he typed and sent. 

"I don't think I can stay mad at her either.."

 

I need to give Jekyung a female friend