Kiseop

Cheer Up, Dude

"I'm sorry I'm late seonsaengnim!" Jekyung apologized when she walked into class late. "It's alright, just take a seat" the teacher rolled her eyes. Jekyung nodded her head and took her seat next to Soohyun.

"You're really late" Soohyun scolded her. "I had the weirdest dream last night... It was about my dad.. And my alarm clock died in the middle of the night so my alarm didn't wake me" Jekyung explained

"Well... What was your dream about?" he asked

"Well, you see" she started, but the bell rang and kids flooded out of the classroom in record time. "I'll tell you about it later" Jekyung smiled and collected her books. Soohyun nodded and stood up to leave.

While Jekyung sat at lunch, she heard two kids talking behind her in a different language. She turned around and saw two boys talking to each other in... 

....English?

"Excuse me? Do you two speak Korean?" she asked

"Yeah. But we're from the states.." one boy responded with a smile

"Ahh. Exchange students?"

"Yupp.."

"Nice what are your names?"

"Elison, or Eli for short, and this is my brother Kevin" Eli introduced himself and his brother. "Nice to meet you guys. I'm Jekyung" Jekyung smiled and stood up to throw her trash out. 

After Jekyung was done eating, she walked around the playground with a smile while she felt the nice spring breeze on her face. 

She walked by the 3B building of classes when she heard a silent, yet audible sneeze coming from the shadow. "Hello?" she asked. 

Jekyung pulled out her phone and shined her light, revealing a teenage boy rubbing his nose. 

"It's him.. The boy from the museum" Jekyung thought when she recognized him.. "Do you have allergies?" Jekyung asked while the boy continued to rub his red nose. He didn't speak. He only nodded. Jekyung pulled out a small bag of tissues and handed it to him. "Here. This should help with your nose. What about dry eyes?" she asked. The boy took the tissue from her slowly and nodded again. Jekyung smiled and pulled out a small tube of eye drops.

"You need this more than I do.." she giggled and handed him the eye drops. He took them from her and scooted more into the shadow. 

"Sit next to him, he needs someone.." Jekyung thought

She shrugged and scooted down next to him. "What's your name? You didn't tell me" Jekyung asked again. The boy looked down..

"I'm Kiseop.." he said in almost a whisper. Jekyung smiled. "I'm Jekyung"

"I know.. You told me" he said again

"I thought you had forgotten"

"I didn't" Kiseop said emotionless. Jekyung didn't care if he was having a rather hard time talking to another person, at least he was speaking. "Have you eaten yet? Wanna go to the cafeteria?" she asked. Kiseop shook his head. "You should eat"

"Not hungry.."

"It's hard to study on an empty stomach you know.."

"I'll manage.."

"No.. You need food. Come on" Jekyung smiled and took his hand. She tried pulling him out of his shadow, but he wouldn't budge. "Kiseop, come on" Jekyung thought

He shook his head again. 

"Okay. You stay here, I'll bring you back something" Jekyung said and ran to the cafeteria, hoping they hadn't ran out of food. 

When Jekyung got there, all they had was bread and kimchi noodles. She shrugged and grabbed a small bowl of noodles and a piece of bread. She ran to Kiseop's spot, but when she got there, he had disappeared. Jekyung looked down at the food she had got him and set it down and trudged away. 

But as soon as he couldn't see her, Kiseop emerged from behind the building and looked down at the noodles and bread. Finally, he had made up his mind and took the food and scarfed it down in less than a minute.

----

After class, Jekyung was walking out of school when she saw a familiar boy walking out of the front gates of the school. "Kiseop?" she thought. 

"Kiseop-ah" she called to him. At first, he stopped for a short second to the sound of his own name like anybody would, but he kept walking. Jekyung sped up her walking to catch up with him. "Wait!" she hollered. When she made it to him, she grabbed the wall of the noodles shop next door and caught her breath. "Jeez you walk fast" Jekyung coughed. Kiseop stopped and turned around to her.

"Why are you following me?" he said.

"I'm not following you. I saw you on my way out of school and decided to say hi" she smiled and fixed her uniform. "Why do you want to talk to me?" Kiseop asked again. 

"Because you seem cool" Jekyung shrugged. Kiseop rolled his eyes. His only comfort was being alone, and now that he had someone wanting to talk to him, began to annoy him. "And plus, I don't have many friends anymore" she added. Kiseop softened up for a moment, but then went back to his irritated state. 

"I really don't care, I don't wanna be friends with you" Kiseop hissed. 

Jekyung looked down at the ground.

But she was determined to make Kiseop a happier person, a more involved person. 

"I'll just try again tomorrow" she thought as she turned around and walked towards her house without a word. Kiseop let out a sigh of relief, but also felt guilty for what he said. He looked down at the ground once and walked the opposite way

----