You're Back

Cheer Up, Dude

"How.... Could you do this?" Mrs. Han asked her soon-to-be ex husband into the phone. While he sat on the other side of the glass, ashamed, refusing to speak, she began to grow angry. 

"My daughter. Barely 18 years old.." she said through her teeth. 

Mr. Kim didn't know what to say. "Answer me!" Mrs. Han shouted. 

"Ma'am, please calm down" the security guard said ever so quietly behind her

----

Jekyung sat at a table and counted the dots on the table as she waited for her mom to finish her visit with Mr. Kim.. She still could not believe this was all happening, and she felt terrible for involving Kiseop in it. 

Just as he thought about Kiseop, in came a text message

"Ready for your last show tonight?" the text read. Jekyung smiled as she was reminded of her cast mates, which were second family.

"You bet" she typed and sent. Jekyung sighed and laid her head on the table. Kiseop was the only thing on her mind. Now all she wondered was if she was on his.

"Honey. It's time to go" Jekyung could hear her mom walk towards her and say hastily. Jekyung shot up and walked out of the building, more than ready to leave. 

----

"What did he say?" Jekyung asked on the way home. 

"Since when do you care?" Mrs. Han chuckled. Jekyung only shrugged. "I just worry he'll say something that'll upset you" she said as she felt her phone buzz her pocket, assuming it was a reply from Kiseop.

"I don't think I'll be visiting him anymore.." Mrs. Han sighed. Jekyung's head shot up. "Why?"

"He never talks back. He just... Sits there. I don't see a reason to.. And I don't wanna look at his face anymore... I-I love h-him. But look what he did to you-u" Mrs. Han cried.

"Don't cry, mom. Your eyes are going to get all puffy" Jekyung said as she grabbed a tissue from the backseat and handed it to her mother. 

"Well, that's the last time I try to talk to him.." she finally composed herself.. "Let's hurry home so you can get ready for your last show" 

----

"Have you seen Jekyung today?" Kiseop asked Soohyun as they sat together at lunch. "Oh crap! I forgot to tell you.. She texted me this morning and told me to tell you that she woke up not feeling good. Probably from stress of finals that are coming up.. I've been feeling kinda ty myself. She stayed home today.." Soohyun explained

"Maybe we should visit her after school" Kiseop suggested, to which Soohyun only nodded

"Kiseop!" Kiseop heard a familiar voice from behind his back. He turned around to Jungah. 

"Jungah!" Kiseop squeaked. He glanced at Soohyun for a moment, with a desperate face.. Desperate for help. "Wh-what do you need?" he stuttered

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me after school with a couple friends" she smiled innocently. Kiseop didn't take another second to decline. 

"I'm sorry, Jungah, but I have somewhere else to be after school. Me and Soohyun are going to visit a sick friend" Kiseop gestured to Soohyun, who only nodded. 

Jungah, at that moment, realized Kiseop was talking about Jekyung, and clenched her fists. 

"Okay.. No problem" Jungah said through her teeth and spun around to leave

"She scares the crap outta me" Soohyun confessed

----

"Jekyung?... Mrs. Han?" Kiseop called out as he creeped into Jekyung's, seemingly empty home..

"Could they have maybe left the house?" Soohyun asked.. 

"Maybe.. I'll look around the kitchen" Kiseop said calmly. This was Soohyun's first time in Jekyung's house, so he was frozen in front of the front door, not knowing where to step toward first. Kiseop sensed his nervousness and turned to him. "Loosen up... It's only a house" 

"I know. I just don't know where to start.." Soohyun said as he shuffled towards the hall that led to Jekyung's bedroom. "Check her room. You'll know it's her's" Kiseop said and walked leisurely to the kitchen. 

As Soohyun scooted to the hall, Kiseop laid on the couch and stared up at the ceiling. "Maybe she really isn't here" he thought and sighed..

Just then, without realizing he was there, Jekyung emerged from her bedroom and walked into the kitchen, looking like she was ready to make food. She looked weak and a little pale. 

She definitely looked sick. 

But Jekyung thought that maybe it was a bad idea to skip school, regardless of her condition

Soohyun walked out of the hall and to Kiseop's side. They only watched as Jekyung made food with her back to them, still unaware that they were there.

Kiseop shuffled closer to Jekyung, hoping not to frighten her. When he was standing behind her, he forget how to speak.

"Jekyung?" he whispered. 

Just then, Jekyung spun around, knife in hand and swung it at Kiseop. Luckily, Kiseop dodged it and was safe from any injuries. Jekyung took a few seconds to realize that it was Kiseop since she was sick and weak. 

She finally dropped the knife and gasped. "I'm so sorry" she said quietly. 

"It's okay" Kiseop smiled in a shaky voice, still traumitized from his near-death experience. Jekyung turned to Soohyun and sighed. "What are you guys doing here?" she asked

"We found out you were sick, so we decided to go out and get you some medicine" Soohyun gestured to his backpack on his back, which held cough medicine. 

"That's nice of you guys.. But I've got medicine here in my house" she giggled. Kiseop looked down at Jekyung's face

"She's so beautiful"

"I wanna hold her"

"Kiss her"

"But I can't"

"Must keep distance"

His thoughts went crazy as he looked down at her pale, yet smiling face

"Does your throat hurt still like you said this morning?" Soohyun asked behind Kiseop, to which Jekyung only nodded and raised her hand to . 

"Let's go get ice cream.. On me" Soohyun smiled. Jekyung looked up and smiled back. "Oh my gosh, really?" she held back squealing. Ice cream sounded so good. 

"Yaaas, let's go!" Soohyun jumped up and ran out the door. As they left, Kiseop texted Jekyung's mother, letting her know that they were taking her out. 

As they ate ice cream, Soohyun talked to Jekyung a lot. At least, it seemed like a lot to Kiseop. Either he didn't feel like talking, or he was too nervous to talk. While they sat and talked, Kiseop started to feel some sort of jealousy of Soohyun because he didn't have social anxiety. Kiseop took a moment to glance at Jekyung to find out that she was looking at him. Soohyun saw this and looked at Kiseop as well. "You okay, dude?" Soohyun asked

"Uhhm, yeah" Kiseop said under his breath, upset that he couldn't express what he was thinking because she was sitting right there.

After ten minutes, Jekyung went to the bathroom, leaving Kiseop to finally talk to Soohyun alone.. Kiseop was going to speak up, but surprisingly, Soohyun beat him to it

"I know you like her" Soohyun said.. Kiseop held his breath. "And you like her a lot" he added.

"Am I that obvious?" Kiseop said and took a deep breath, slouching in the booth. "I have a feeling that you need to speak up. Cause if you don't, she's going to end up falling for me" Soohyun said playfully, making Kiseop giggle. 

"Just kidding.. But yeah, you should speak more"

"I know. I don't know what's wrong with me" Kiseop slammed his hands down on the table. Even though Kiseop felt jealous of Soohyun, he wasn't afraid of Jekyung liking him. She can't stress enough how much of a brother he is to him, and how it'll always be that way

"I'll let you talk first when she comes back" Soohyun smiled.

"I don't know what to say though!" Kiseop exclaimed. 

"Whatever comes to your head. You're smart, Kiseop" Soohyun shrugged off what he said. Just then, Jekyung came back from the bathroom and sat down again on her side of the booth. 

Silence......

......

"So how's the bathroom...?" Kiseop asked out of nowhere.. Jekyung gave him a strange look while Soohyun face-palmed. "It was... alright...?" she said with a small giggle. 

----

After another couple awkward hours, Kiseop finally walked Jekyung home. They walked in silence for the first ten minutes, but then, at last, started a conversation. It seemed like Kiseop only honestly felt comfortable talking to her when they were alone. 

When Kiseop walked her up to the door he let out a sigh, realizing how far he had to walk to his house, he felt an emptyness in his chest. "Does your throat still hurt?" he asked. 

"No.. It feels so much better.. Let's hope it stays that way" Jekyung smiled. Kiseop looked down at her as she opened the front door with her house key. Still no hugs yet

Kiseop sighed and started to back away. "Goodnight, Jekyung" he smiled as he watched her try to get inside. Jekyung looked up at him, taking time to look at his adorbale face. She missed him, even though he was standing right there in front. She didn't miss him

She missed his touch..

Sure she wanted to go back to being normal like she was before the incident, touching people freely. 

But for a short time, she just wanted his touch..

Nobody else's. 

Jekyung watched as he turned his back to start walking back home. Kiseop was disappointed that he had to wait yet another day for a hug..

a hand sake

a high-five

Anything

"Kiseop!" Jekyung called his name. Kiseop turned around and before he knew it, Jekyung had thrown herself on him in a hug.

When Kiseop realized what was happening, he quickly hugged back, smelling her hair as he closed his eyes. She was finally ready

 

I am such a bad author.. I've just been so busy with college and work.. but it's spring break so hopefully it's finally time to do more writing..

 

Once again, I am so sorry