There's No Fate But What We Make

Cheer Up, Dude

Throughout the next week, Kiseop sat with Jungah at lunch in the daytime and visited his mother with Jekyung at night. Kiseop didn't tell Jungah anything about what happened to his mother, as he convinced himself that she wouldn't care. 

----

"Do you really never talk to him? We sit together at lunch" Jekyung said in disbelief to Luna when she told her that she never talks to AJ. "I don't know. I say things to him, but just not that much. I'm too nervous" she shrugged. "Well, we're gunna change that" Jekyung declared as they walked to rehearsal

"How's Kiseop doing?" Luna asked.

Jekyung blushed at the sound of his name. "He's doing okay. He's been staying at my house.. Every time he thinks of his mother, he starts crying.. And it hurts so much to see him cry.."

Luna looked down at the ground and frowned.

"Wanna hear something really shocking?" Jekyung leaned closer to Luna and asked

"Tell me!" she beamed. 

"The first night Kiseop spent the night at my house, he didn't wanna be alone while he slept.. So I..."

Luna gasped. "You guys... Slept in the same bed?" she stopped in her tracks.

Jekyung blushed madly and nodded. "OH my gosh! That's crazy! You're crazy!"

"You don't think I know that already?!.. But..."

"But what?!" Luna shouted

"It actually felt nice.." Jekyung smiled, to which she got a punch in the arm from Luna..

"Uuum, OW?!" 

"What? You deserve it. Any parent would murder you if they heard that!"

"Would you turn down a chance like that with AJ?" Jekyung asked. Luna's face went blank and she looked up at the ceiling to think

"EXACTLY!" Jekyung yelled in her face and walked into the auditorium, rubbing her arm. Luna then snapped out of it and followed her into rehearsal. 

----

"Tell me what you guys want.." the barbor asked looking down at Jekyung's and Kiseop's hair. "I just want it shorter I guess. It's just hair" Kiseop shrugged

"I want my hair really short. Above my shoudlers" Jekyung smiled. To this, Kiseop looked over at her in disbelief. "That's SHORT!" he raised his voice. 

"I know, but it's hot and I wanna air out the back of my neck" she smiled at him. Kiseop shook his head and looked into the mirror. "Can I see a magazine really fast?" he asked. Jekyung smiled and laughed. "What a diva" she mumbled. "I am NOT!" he snarled.

Jekyung was so happy that Kiseop was turning back into his normal self. 

As they got their hair cut, Jekyung and Kiseop texted each other even though they sat right next to each other.

"How you doin' over there, Kyung?" she read the text. She didn't even look over at him and texted back

"It feels nice and weird. I never cut my hair"

"Really? Wow"

"What's the big deal..?"

"No, it's just your hair was so long, now you're chopping it all off"

"So? I honestly don't care. Like you said.. It's just hair"

"I guess. I can't wait to show my mom"

To that text, Jekyung looked over at Kiseop and saw his eyes water up.. Jekyung thought for a second of what to text back

"....She'll love it" Jekyung smiled and sent the text

When Jekyung went back home to study, Kiseop and Jekyung hung out in her room when Jekyung was fixed on one page in her magazine. She smiled at the article as she read it. 

"Kiseop" she said

"Hmm?" he hummed.

"Do you wanna go to space camp with me someday?" she asked sincerely.. Kiseop looked up from his text book and tilted his head. "Where is space camp?" he asked..

"In Alabama.. America" she answered.. Kiseop smiled and looked up at the stars and moons. "I've always wanted to go to America..." he sighed.

"So we'll be studying abroad.. Would you go with me?" Jekyung asked again. Kiseop sighed and thought of what he'd learn if he went to space camp. "We could buy our own telescopes and look up into the night sky.." she beamed. Kiseop continued to stare at the stars on her ceiling and smile like an idiot. 

"It's sounds.. Like a blast" he smiled.. "Great!" she gushed, closed the magazine, and threw herself on Kiseop, giving him a warm hug. Kiseop closed his eyes and cherished the hug. 

After their study session, Kiseop decided to visit his mom at the hospital alone, leaving Jekyung home alone. 

Jekyung thought nothing of it at first, but after about ten minutes, her step father had come home and she could feel this fear engulf her entire being. 

"Hey" Jekyung's step father smiled when he walked into her room, with her still inside. "Hi" she said coldly.. He sighed and sat down on her bed. "Look, I know you don't like me. And that's okay. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.. And I don't expect you to accept me as your father so easily" he explained while Jekyung only nodded. "So.. I hope we can work things out. I'm 100% positive that your father was an amazing man.."

Jekyung smiled when she was reminded of her father. "He was... I'm... Sorry. That I've been so bitter towards you.." Jekyung apologized. Her step father smiled and scooted closer to her. "Since we're home alone, wanna go out for ice cream?" she suggested. 

"Actually, I'd rather do something else with you" he said and leaned in closer to her. Jekyung's heart beat faster in fear. She needed help. She needed Kiseop.

"Don't touch me" she whispered.

"Why not?" he asked huskily and put his hand on her thigh. Jekyung could feel herself throw up in when he touched her. "Stop, I'm begging you.."

"Never.. Your youth arouses me" he said as his hand made its way to her hip, then to her chest... 

Jekyung stood up, but was pushed back down on her bed. Her step father started to her shirt and she felt like letting out a scream, but didn't. "Please.. STOP!" she shouted and slapped him across the face. Suddenly, they could hear someone open the front door downstairs. Jekyung prayed that it was Kiseop to protect her. But to her disappointment, it was only her mother, the one that would never believe her if she told her that her husband just tried to get in her pants.

"Yeobo.. What are you doing in here?" Jekyung's mother asked. "Jekyung needed help on a math question and I decided to volunteer" he smiled and walked out of her room. Jekyung's mom looked back at her daughter and smiled before following him out of the room. Jekyung knowing she was alone, started to cry because of her horrifying experience, one would only experience in a nightmare. She sobbed until Kiseop had come home with snacks for him and Jekyung. When he saw her on her bed with her knees close to her chin, he rushed to her and wiped tears away from her face. "What's wrong?" he asked cuddled up against her. 

"J-Just a bad dream-m" she stuttered.

----

The next day at school, at the last period of the day, the kids watched the clock. When the bell rang, they all sprung up from their seats and cheered. It was finally holiday break. 

As soon as Jekyung could walk out of the class room, she met up with Eli and Soohyun, but she couldn't find Kiseop, which made her confused. "Where could he be?" she thought

----

"Jungah.." Kiseop said as he walked up to Jungah's locker. "Hey, honey" she smiled.

"I need to confess something.. And I don't think you'll like it" he sighed and looked down. "Lee Kiseop.. What's going on?" she said sternly. He sighed and took her hands..

"You weren't the girl I thought you were going to be. I thought our relationship was going to be perfect. But someone else has entered my life that I can't get off my mind"

"Han Jekyung.." Jungah looked down at the ground as her hands formed fists. "Please. Jungah, don't be upset with her. She did nothing wrong.." Kiseop defended Jekyung. 

"Right.. Only she stole my boyfriend away from me"

"She didn't steal anything.."

"Are you breaking up with me then?" Jungah asked. Kiseop sighed and felt his heart break a little more. "I'm afriad so" he looked down at her. Jungah gasped quietly and slapped Kiseop across the face.. "I can't beileve you.. Just go!" she snapped. 

"Jungah.. I'm so sorry.. I just..."

"I SAID LEAVE!" she shouted even louder. Kiseop decided to give up and walked away, leaving Jungah to cry alone. 

----

Eli, Hoon, Soohyun, Luna, and Jekyung sat at a table and waited for Kevin, AJ, and Kiseop. As the conversation went along, they somehow managed to diiscuss Luna's crush on AJ. 

"I can't help it. He's my ideal type. Loving, supportive, funny, and the good looks are just a bonus" she explained, to which Jekyung pretended to vomit. "We can help you with your crush. Trust us" Soohyun smiled and put his hand over Luna's. 

Luna smiled and sighed in relief. "I'm so happy I have you guys" she said. 

As the conversation continued, AJ and Kevin finally found them and Luna stiffened up. "Just be cool" Jekyung whispered to Luna, who tried to loosen up

"Hey guys. What it do?" Kevin asked. His face was no longer bruised or red and his nose made a full recovery. Just AJ and Kevin joined the conversation, Jekyung looked into the distance and saw a figure looking at them from afar. 

"It's Kiseop" she thought. Kiseop sighed and gestured her over. Jekyung stood up and ran over to him

"What's up?"

"I.. I broke up with her" he confessed. Jekyung gasped. "Why?"

"She's not the one I guess" he shrugged. "She thinks it's your fault" he added. 

"It's okay. We can work it out later. Come on with us so we can celebrate our holiday break together" Jekyung smiled and held his hand to lead him to the table. As the whole group talked and laughed, a blue car drove up to the front of the school and stopped. Everyone was confused about who it was, accept for Jekyung, who knew exactly who it was...

The driver's door opened and out came Hyunseung, who smiled when he caught sight of Jekyung. "Jekyung! You cut all your hair off! I like it" he smiled and walked onto campus

.....

And that's the end of this chapter. Ha, I'm trying out these cliffhangers.. :D