Hot Forehead

I Love Him More Than You Do

This story is based on fact and fiction.
-----------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER 2

During a music broadcast day

 

 

     "You sure you'll be okay to go on stage?" Jin squeezed Jimin's arm, bending down to look at the younger from below. Jimin's eyes were shut and he focused for a moment on breathing and calming himself down. He managed to nod stiffly. 

"I don't think it's a good idea. He looks terrible." J-Hope said, leaving the waiting room. He bumped into Taehyung and Jeongkook who were play-fighting in the corridor, passing through them flusteredly. 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jeongkook asked. 

"Jimin's not feeling well. I'm going to go get him a wet towel." The elder said without looking back. At his words, Jeongkook quickly dashed down the corridor. Taehyung blinked for a moment as he watched Jeongkook leave in such a hurry. He felt weird, unusual - not because Jeongkook disappeared within two seconds, but because he had the urge to do the same.

Jeongkook barged in the waiting room and bent down by Jimin. The black-haired male sat down on a chair beside the wall, his palms over his ears. Jeongkook glanced up at all his hyung's concerned faces. "I'll be fine, I just need to warm up a bit first." Jimin finally spoke, pushing himself to his feet and walking out of the circle the members made around him. He turned back to address their disapproving faces when J-Hope and Taehyung walked in. 

"Jimin-ah, here." J-Hope handed Jimin a warm, damp towel that he used to dab the sweat across his face and neck. "Here, let me help." Jeongkook stood up and walked over to Jimin, taking the towel from his grip. Taehyung stood by the door like a statue as he stared at Jimin humbly letting Jeongkook touch him. His lips rubbed against each other as he watched uncomfortably, finally being able to direct his sight away from the two. 

 

Thanks goodness he didn't faint on stage," Suga said as they entered their van after the performance had ended well. 

"Told you it'd be fine." Jimin replied, when he suddenly felt sick again. Taehyung stopped beside him and put a hand on his shoulder, "You okay?" 

Jimin's lips came together firmly. He hopped into the van with no further words. Taehyung kept his eyes on his friend attentively throughout the whole ride, unconcsciously biting on his own lip and fidding with his fingers. 

 

"You, straight to bed." All the hyungs stood in a line and pointed simultaneously in the direction of the bedrooms. Jimin pouted and submissively did as told, dropping his pack and hopping straight in bed to get some rest. Jeongkook followed Jimin into his room and didn't come out again until the elder was asleep. Meanwhile, the other members were making food together and taking time to do vocal practises as they relaxed in the living room. Taehyung watched over the soup J-Hope was making with hawk eyes. "You sure this will help? You won't poison him anymore than he already is will you?" He asked, sticking to J-Hope like a fly. The elder swatted him away and eventually kicked Taehyung out of the kitchen because he was too much of a disturbance. With nothing else but Jimin's condition on his mind, he humbly made his way to the door of the bedroom he shared with Jimin. Unsurprisingly, Jeongkook was in there once again, resting on his own mattress and humming some peacful songs. 

Taehyung glanced for a second too long at Jeongkook, not being able to push aside a rival-like though. Jeongkook could've just made up the excuse of preferring to hum songs in his room than practise properly outside with the rest of the group, but it was obvious to everyone that he just wanted to be by Jimin. That part made Taehyung feel uncomfortable. He'd noticed Jeongkook's over-attachment to Jimin for a while now, but it hadn't bothered him as much as it did in this instant. The worst part was that Jimin was completely oblivious to Jeongkook's actions. At least, if you gave him a response, I'd know how you feel.

"Dinner guys!" J-Hope's voice interrupted Taehyung's thoughts. He quickly backed up against the wall as Jeongkook shuffled out of his blankets and exited the room. He instinctively glanced back into the room, his eyes laying on Jimin's fragile face that was dripping with sweat. This was his chance. He felt frustrated that he was viewing the whole situation as a silent war between Jeongkook and himself to be Jimin's company, but nevertheless, he had waited long enough today. He deserved some time alone with Jimin, even if the baby-face was asleep and sick. Actually, that only made Taehyung want to be with him more. 

He sat down on the edge of Jimin's bed softly, careful not to wake his hyung. Jimin's lips kept twitching of uncomfort and his closed eyes moved around restlessly. Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed. He put his hand to Jimin's forehead and gasped quietly. He shook his head seriously before grabbing some tissues and wiping the sweat off Jimin's face. 

"Hey, Taehyung-ah!" 

He jerked back, almost having a heart-attack. He turned his head back, "I'll be there in a sec!"

He glanced back down at Jimin, and funnily, he chuckled. He couldn't help it, and he couldn't help but feel happy by the fact that his small soul was satisfied. Not only by Jimin's cute face despite his sick state, but also because he was able to stare at Jimin all he wanted without the elder glaring back at him. 

Slowly, gradually, Taehyung bent down and planted a kiss on Jimin's forehead, closing his eyes as he took in the moment. As he pulled away, he neated out Jimin's blankets and left the room. 

 

tumblr_n4j50qS5t71rzejklo1_250.giftumblr_n4j50qS5t71rzejklo1_250.giftumblr_n4j50qS5t71rzejklo1_250.gif

 

Author's Note

Sorry the update took so long! I might go by a process where one chapter is based on variety shows and more of BTS, and the next is fully made up. I know so far the plot is quite lost but I do have some ideas for the future, so please keep up with updates. :)

Support BTS! Thanks for reading! Check out my new Yoonmin two-shot: Hold Me Tight or my Jikook one-shot 'How We First Met'. 

Take care and see you soon! :)