Worrisome

Your Dance is Addictive

‘Gee, EXO fanchants really are the loudest every time I go to an event.’ Minzy remarked, watching the TV screen.
 


‘Because we’re from SM duh.’ Taemin stated proudly. ‘But what are you talking about? YG idols get just as much support as us, if not more.’


 

‘Probably more.’ Minzy grinned cheekily, before clapping when the Overdose performance reached its end. ‘I hope everyone enjoys the cake. Guess I should take it out now.’ Minzy quickly stood up and waddled over to the dressing table area, where earlier Baekhyun had placed her cake.
 


‘If there’s leftovers, I’ll gladly take all of it.’ Taemin also got up and followed Minzy, standing close behind her.


 

‘Tch. You’re not the one performing tonight, you get no cake at all Oppa.’ Minzy laughed, and she didn’t need to turn around to know that Taemin was pouting.

 


 


Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands rest on her shoulders and she looked into the mirror to see the reflection of Taemin leaning his head close to hers, his eyes on the cake.


 

But there was something strange.
 

 


Minzy kept her gaze on hers and Taemin’s reflections, frowning. Something felt different.


 

‘What are you staring at?’ Taemin asked, noticing Minzy’s frozen state.
 

‘Nothing.’ She quickly recovered herself and started cutting up the cake with the knife she remembered to bring.
 
‘Can I have the first piece?’ Taemin requested, looking at Minzy’s face through the mirror with a kiddish expression. Seeing this, Minzy immediately smiled and obliqued, forgetting what she said earlier. ‘Fine. I’ll cut you a big slice.’
 
Suddenly only interested in eating the cake, Taemin kept his gaze on the knife Minzy was using to cut the dessert, forgetting he was still holding onto the girl’s shoulders, and standing close together. The door suddenly clicked open and the first one of the EXO members to enter was Luhan.


'Oh! Great job on the stage !' Minzy smiled to all the members as they walked in. 'I'm preparing the cake right now.'


Too busy with what she was doing, she didn't notice the small stare each member gave her as they walked inside the room. Only Baekhyun, Luhan, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Chen had entered at this point.


'Taemin sunbae, you don't have any schedules today?' Baekhyun eyed Minzy and Taemin weirdly, his surprise at seeing the SHINee member making him forget to greet him properly. The two were still standing so close together, Taemin's hands glued to Minzy's shoulder and his head pressed against hers.

'Nope. So Minzy and I came to visit today. You guys did really well!' Taemin replied, giving Baekhyun a quick glance and smile.

The room then filled with a few seconds of awkward silence for the EXO members, before Baekhyun whispered something to Luhan, who nodded and walked over to Minzy.

'Let me help you cut the cake Minzy-ah.' Luhan reached over to pat the girl's head, which made Taemin let go of the girl's shoulders and step aside. To Taemin, it seemed natural that Luhan walked over to Minzy's side but really it was deliberate. Because Luhan didn't want Kai to witness the scene, even though it wasn't even that bad at all. But he knows how sensitive his dongsaeng gets.
 

The door opened again and in walked the rest of the members, the last one being Kai.

'Oh Hyung you made it !'

Taemin grinned and walked over, giving his best friend a heart-warming hug.

 

'I'm always here to support you, little one.'

'I know I can count on you.' Kai smirked and fist bumped Taemin.

On the other side of the room, Minzy was listening to the conversation happening behind her and accidentally cut her finger with the cake knife.

'Ouch!' She winced in pain as quietly as she could so no one would make a fuss.

'You babo.' Luhan chuckled before holding her injured finger.

'Wait a sec.' He rummaged through one of the bags placed nearby and took a band aid out, taping up the girl's finger quickly.

'Thanks.' Minzy mumbled. 'Can you cut the rest?'

'Sure.' Luhan took hold of the knife and started cutting the cake again, Minzy just watching him. She glanced around the room and saw many different conversations happening but left her eyes on Taemin and Kai. Kai hadn't bothered to say hi to her since he came back but it wasn't like she minded. She just didn't want the smile she was seeing right now, to ever disappear between him and Taemin.

'It bothers you, huh?' Luhan's voice made her turn around.

Immediately Minzy knew what he was referring to. She didn't respond, so Luhan continued.

'Maybe you should've gone out with me instead if you wanted to avoid trouble.' He joked, expecting Minzy to hit him. But she didn't.

'As long as Xiumin-ssi or Sehun aren't in love with me.' Minzy laughed dryly.

Luhan looked at her with a worried expression.

'Minzy......'


'Sunbae, can we eat the cake now? It looks delicious!' Chanyeol popped up with Baekhyun next to him.


'Oh, go right ahead you guys! You deserve it.' Minzy broke into a quick smile. The other members, including Taemin all came over and took their share before continuing their conversations. Minzy had intended to continue talking with Luhan but it seemed Baekhyun and Chanyeol wanted to stay and chat with her as well.

'Minzy sunbae, does Dara sunbae talk about me at all?' Chanyeol asked, his eyes wide open and looking hopeful.'

'You don't need to call us sunbae...' Minzy tried not to laugh at Chanyeol's childish expression. 'In fact, I rather you just call me Minzy, like Baekhyun does.' She glanced over at Baekhyun who was digging into his cake. He looked up and nodded cheerfully.

'Oh, he doesn't really call you guys sunbae, only in front of your faces.'

Chanyeol immediately shot Baekhyun an angry stare before talking again.

'I'll make sure to thank her for her letter at our next training session!'

'We only have about....3 weeks left until we finish up the program right? Was it me and did our bosses say if it were successful, they'd keep it going longer?' Luhan pondered.

'I doubt they'll continue it. Everyone's too busy, even though it has been so much fun. I especially love working with Bommie noona.' Baekhyun his plate clean and put his plate down.

'Bommie noona?' Minzy repeated.Yes, it was Baekhyun they were talking about, but still. She's never been called that by anyone other than YG family members.

'Yeah, Bommie noona and I are gossip buddies as of recent.' Baekhyun grinned and waved his phone around, making Minzy even more surprised. Luhan laughed at Minzy's expression before patting her head.

'See, it's not just us two who are close. YG and SM idols are becoming friends!'

'I can see the couples now.' Baekhyun looked into the air exaggeratedly. 'Chanyeollie and Dara. Kris and CL. Bommie and Kyungsoo. Luhan and Minzy.'

'Kyungsoo?' Chanyeol looked at his best friend in confusion.

'Me and Minzy?' Luhan furrowed his eyebrows.

'I'm kidding!' Baekhyun showed his signature rectangle smile. 'I already know Kai and Minzy are a couple.'

 

'What?!' Chanyeol shifted excitedly in his chair, followed by Luhan and Minzy looking at each other and then at Baekhyun, who carried an expression of 'I know everything'.

''Kai can't keep secrets from me. You think I wouldn't notice him staring at his Minzy poster longer than usual the other night and singing 2NE1's 'I Love You' repeatedly? I got the answer out of him quick.'
 

Minzy covered her face upon hearing Baekhyun's words and face palmed in her head at how obvious her boyfriend must've been. She could just picture it in her head.

'I'm surprised you don't even know this Yeollie! You're like Kai's number one fan. But I guess you were too busy thinkng about whether you and Dara would make a couple.' Baekhyun teased, getting his foot stepped on right after.

'Whatever! Tell me about Kyungsoo and Bom sunbae.' Chanyeol seemed to be hung up about that pairing rather than the real couple.

'Oh! It's a hunch I have. Especially because Kyungsoo won't stop complimenting her at training. I've never seen him openly give out so many of his praises, especially because I've only gotten it like twice.'

'Mmm that is rare...I've heard it once.' Luhan nodded in agreement. Glancing at Minzy, who still had her face covered with her hands, Luhan grabbed them and teared them away from her noticeably red face.

'Aw Minzy you don't have to be embarrassed!' Baekhyun cooed mockingly, before turning around and calling out. 'Kai! Get over here!'

'Yah, don't call him over here!' Minzy widened her eyes. It was too late anyway, since Kai had started walking over, leaving Taemin and Sehun who were chatting on the other side of the room. He tried to hide his smile upon seeing Minzy, but of course it didn't work.

'Y-You need something hyung?'

'Your girlfriend's all red in the face, you should fix that. Maybe give her a litte kiss or something, though it might make it worse.' Baekhyun suggested nonchalantly, noticing Minzy and Kai faces changing into the same expression. Embarrassed as hell.

'Hyung....' Kai looked at Baekhyun with an uncomfortable stare. Both he and Minzy were avoiding looking at each other's face, it was too much for them. Luhan and Chanyeol who were smirking together with Baekhyun, decided they should stop having fun and get rid of Baekhyun.

'Come on, let's go visit other rooms and say hi.' Chanyeol suggested to Baekhyun, who rolled his eyes but reluctantly stood up.

'Fine, I'll leave them alone. But I'll happily say congrats to you guys right now. Was Taemin okay with that?'

Luhan, Kai and Minzy froze.


'Come on Baek.' Chanyeol dragged the shorter one away before he could say anything else.


Luhan cleared his throat loudly, and glanced in Kai's direction, who also must've been thinking how the hell Baekhyun seems to know what's been going on with their situation. 'Yeah, I'll tend to that as well. Maybe you guys should go talk somewhere else.' He gave Minzy a quick pat before walking away from the stunned couple.

Rather than thinking about how Baekhyun seemed to know the 411, Minzy was more stumbled on his question instead. Whether Taemin was okay with that. Well he didn't know yet, but when he does find out, WILL he be okay with it?

As if knowing what Minzy was thinking, Kai slowly reached out and took her hand in his, making Minzy look up in surprise and this time she didn't care that he could see her blush because he was just as bad. Kai suggested talking alone in the unoccupied dressing room next door, which also belonged to EXO but all the members were crowded up in the one room at the moment. After they left and were as discreet as possible, Kai made sure to lock the door to the empty dressing room when they entered, sitting down on the couch in the corner.

'Did you like our performance?' He asked, though he knew it wasn't really the topic of priority.

'Yeah, you were great Oppa.' Minzy smiled lightly, before surprising Kai by leaning her head on his shoulder. After a few moments of hesitation, Kai placed his arm around Minzy's shoulder, and they were both glad they couldn't see each other's nervous smiles They silently agreed not to talk for the next few minutes, and just enjoy sitting together like that. You'd think that they'd get comfortable as time passed, but rather than that, both Kai and Minzy's feelings were the same. Their stomachs wouldn't stop tingling, and they both felt like they would explode from anxiety. The topic of discussing Taemin was suddenly forgotten, and Kai carefully and slowly travelled his hand from Minzy's shoulder to rest at her waist.

'Uhh...Kai.....' Minzy uttered quietly. 'Can you... let go of me?'

Kai immediately removed his hand and shook his head. 'S-sorry. I didn't know you wouldn't like it.'

'I-It's not that.' Minzy shifted uncomfortably in her seat. 'I....This is all new to me so I...I'm feeling all of these different emotions around you right now and I can't help the way I feel. I feel excited and nervous at the same time, like my heart is going to jump out any second, which is weird because I've never experienced this and...and....when you touch me, I feel like I'm going to go crazy.' She said this while keeping her head down.

Listening intently to this, Kai turned to meet Minzy's face and slowly leaned his face closer to hers.

'I feel the exact same way. I didn't know I would get to meet you like this. I didn't know I would get to date my biggest idol.' He broke into an innocent smile.

Minzy chuckled slightly. 'Your idol is Michael Jackson, liar.'

 

'My favourite Korean idol is you, babo.' Kai grinned back, and with that, they suddenly felt more at ease with other. But Minzy knew there was something they had to discuss.

'We have to tell him you know.' Minzy tapped Kai's lap. 'I...I can't hang around Taemin comfortably if he doesn't know.'

Kai stared at his lap blankly before looking at Minzy. 'Are your feelings for him completely gone?' He asked. 'I know you said yes to me....but I don't know how you feel about Taemin hyung as of right now. Should...should I have waited for your answer?'

'No.' Minzy quickly replied, surprising him. 'It...it was maybe rushed but I don't regret saying yes.'

Kai breathed out a tiny sigh of relief before he continued. 'Let me be the one to tell him then.'

'I feel like it's more of my place to tell him actually...don't ask why, I just do.' We kissed after all. She thought.
 

 


And then it came back.

 

The thought of telling Kai that she had kissed Taemin first, was something that didn't sound nice at all. Even though their relationship was merely a few days old, there were already secrets that Minzy hadn't intended for.
 

 


She'd have to tell Kai soon. And experience the consequence.


 

If simple things like Luhan hanging around with Minzy pissed off Kai, what would he do when he found out that his best friend kissed his girlfriend before they got together?

 


That was something Minzy didn't want to find out.


 

But it was inevitable.
 

 


Upon seeing Minzy's progressively saddened expression, Kai pat her head and smiled.


'Don't worry, I know you'll be able to tell him properly. Hyung...will understand. I trust him.'


Minzy smiled lightly at Kai who gave her hand a tiny squeeze. She was thankful he was trying to make her feel better about the situation, even though he unknowingly made it a little worse.


 

It wasn't merely a question of whether Taemin would understand. It was also whether Kai would understand.

 

 

---


A/N: Aiyoo I'm feeling sad  for Taeminzy shippers even I'm the one writing...sigh. Sorry it took yet another 2 weeks to update again. >< Shorter chapter, and I didn't review this one as much.You deserve much more guys., so I updated this, hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Anyway Kaiminzy shippers, I have a oneshot I randomly wrote and it's a one. SHOULD I POST IT OR NOT HMMMM??? Also I hate this new layout, can't get used to it.
 


 

Thanks to new subbies:

  • kimblackjack
  • crystal_ar
  • freedomtolovexx
  • aznhuong95
  • 2nexoxo
  • chandarahae

And of course, upvoters!!

  • -exogen
  • haechanela

 

More info on that new fic I wanted to write about! I've decided to my characters so if you're interested, let me know ^^ I've written a draft for the first chapter already !

Characters:

2NE1

GOT7 - Mark and Jackson

EXO - Sehun, Baekhyun, Kai, Tao(maybe)

BTS - Jungkook, V

MissA - Min

F(x) - Luna, Amber(maybe)

A sneak peak on your basic friendship groups:

Min, Jackson, Mark and CL are in a group,

Jungkook, V and Kai as a trio

Luna, Sehun, Baek, Tao and Minzy as a group

The rest is a secret for now (y) Need a few more ideas so...chuck them here! Any characters suggestions? Changes? More ideas..anything guys ^__^