Understanding

Your Dance is Addictive

A/N: Not the best chapter but I've been feeling guilty for not updating! Replying to comments when I can too ^^ Keep them coming guys.

 

Luhan P.O.V

As we started walking to my favourite dessert store, I noticed Minzy’s anxious expression, so I kept a firmer grip on her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. She looked at me in question while I stifled a tiny laugh and pat her head with my free hand.

‘You’re worried about Kai aren’t you?’ I started. ‘All you need to do is come to our dorm after this and kiss him you know?’

As expected, she let out this huge gasp and pouted at me for even suggesting such a thing....not that I was fully kidding anyway.

‘Oppa…you know I can’t do that. Kai is so innocent…I’M so innocent!’

‘Yes you’re both the same. Innocent and young at heart, but dirty and daring on stage. ‘I laughed, earning a nudge on my chest. Wasn’t I right on the money though? Both of them actually seemed so similar to me.

 Normal   Dancing rage

 

 Normal Dancing rage

----

Dessert Store

‘So, in other words you’ve decided to just ignore Taemin sunbae?’ I dug into my ice cream while listening to Minzy. She was playing with her food more than actually eating it.

‘Yes because I’m confused….’ She mumbled, finally deciding to take the first bite out of her ice cream.

‘I don’t think that’s a good idea though.’ I commented, making her play with her food again.

‘I know that... But I wasn’t sure on how to respond because right now I don’t really trust him.’

I thought to myself for a few moments, recalling everything she had told me from what happened at the restaurant until now.

‘Can I see your phone?’ I reached my hand out, and she passed it to me without hesitation.

Running my fingers through the messages she hadn’t bothered to reply to, I got an idea in my head.

‘Minzy….’ I looked up at her. ‘You heard all of this from Kai right? The whole Naeun thing.’

‘Yeah.’ She uttered, taking a second spoonful of her ice cream.

‘Then you’re the one in the wrong.’

She looked up at me and frowned.

I took a few more bites of my dessert before I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. ‘It’s simple. You didn’t listen to Taemin’s side. You decided to believe whatever Kai said about it, without even thinking about whether it was the actual truth or not. Judging from the messages Taemin sent you, I think I feel sorry for him because he doesn’t know why you’re even ignoring him and he’s not aware of what extra information Kai has told you.’

Instantly, Minzy put down her spoon and kept her gaze on the table. The guilt probably washed over her so I decided to sympathise with her too.

‘Hey….’ I placed my hand over hers gently. ‘I’m not saying you should be taking all the blame you know? I’m just trying to open up your mind because when you’re in love you can tend to shut out things that are important because you’re only focusing on one thing. What I like to do is try and see other perspectives. Sometimes that’s what is best to do because it can make a lot of difference you know?’

Minzy looked up at me slowly, surprise showing in her eyes. ‘Y-Youngbae Oppa also said something like this…..’

I smiled lightly and lifted my hand up to ruffle her hair. ‘So I guess we both give good advice huh?’

She smiled back and nodded before eating more of her ice cream. ‘I guess I’ve been an idiot huh? Taemin….I should apologise to him. But I still suspect there is something going on between him and Naeun.’

‘So find out from Taemin himself okay?’ I assured her. ‘In the meantime, tonight you’re coming to our dorm to fix the mood of a very unhappy Kai alright?’ I smirked.

‘I wonder why I trust you so much…for all I know, you tell Kai everything I say to you.’ She joked. I grinned back and rested my head on my hands, studying her face for a few seconds.

‘I don’t know either. I feel like I’ve known you for longer than this. It feels like you’re a younger sister of mine or something.’

‘Aigoo Oppa don’t look at me like that, I might fall for you aswell.’ She frowned and turned her head away from mine.

‘I’m pretty good looking though. Maybe not more than Kai. He’s young afterall.’ I laughed.

----

Minzy P.O.V

‘So like I said, Pepero.’ D.O grinned.

‘What?!’ Half of the people in the room exclaimed, including me.

‘Doesn’t it sound like fun?’

'Geez Kyungsoo you're crazy.' Chen shivered.

'Not like any of you have a better idea.' D.O shrugged.

'We have a girl here If you haven't noticed!' Chanyeol frowned, referring to me obviously, and everyone looked to see what my thoughts on the game would be.

'Uh well....' I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. 'I don't have to play right? I can just watch.'

'Yeah that's alright I guess. Okay now close the circle guys! You're all too far away!!' D.O commanded. Mainly, he was looking towards Luhan, Tao, Kris, Chen and Kai who seemed to treat him like he was a sick person. Begrudgingly, they sat closer and started spinning a random bottle to decide the pairs. The game really didn't last long after we watched Luhan Oppa and Xiumin play and both pull out, pushing each other away. I have to say though, the funniest and most intimate ones were Lay and Sehun, followed by Suho and Tao.

 

 

D.O was kind of creeping me out, since he carried this huge grin for the entire thing. I was thankful Kris hadn't shot me any glares for the night and we somehow silently agreed that we shouldn't argue here anyway. Kai had been next to me the whole time, and sighed in relief everytime he wasn't picked to play for the whole game.

'It's gross anyway. Thankgod you didn't play.' Kai whispered to me, after everyone started to disperse into doing their own thing. I chuckled a little at the unapproving expression on his face.

'It would've been interesting to see you kiss D.O actually.....' I stuck my tongue out at him before he jabbed my arm.

'Gross! I've never had a relationship before so I have to protect my lips you know.' He frowned while covering his mouth protectively, making me laugh even more at his actions.

'Wait...you haven't played this game before have you?' He asked all of a sudden, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.

'No no I haven't!' I shook my hands around, which made him grin in approval.

'Good.  You have to save your first kiss for someone..special you know?' He blushed and walked off.

I stilled. The guilt rushed over me again but I tried to shake the feeling off. It wasn't the place or time to say anything.

-----

Author P.O.V

‘Alright we’re done for today kids! Good work, spend the rest of the training hours however you like and don‘t forget tonight’s meeting with YG Sajangnim and SM Sajangnim.’ The instructors bowed to the dance students and left.

‘Thanks for working hard!’ The students did the same.

‘I’m dead today! They really went all out with that urban choreo…’ Victoria breathed heavily, wiping the sweat on her foreword with a small towel. ‘Anyone need to grab a drink?’

‘I do. Come on let’s go Kai, Sehun.’ Lay called to his dongsaengs. They all obliqued and followed the F(x) leader out.

Minzy was busy searching for a towel in her bag and Taeyang gave her his.

‘Thanks Oppa.’ She called, smiling.

‘Be back later. Going to go bug Daesung.’

‘Nae.’ She answered, wiping her face down. She let out a relaxing sigh. She was the only one left in the room. It’d be okay to just lie on the floor and nap for a bit she thought. Taeyang went out, the Exo boys were with Victoria and Taemin was….

Minzy froze on her spot. She was currently hunched over in the back corner of the dance room and she didn’t dare look behind and see If Taemin was in the room with her. She played with her fingers for a bit before deciding she’d just try and walk out without looking the other way. She slowly stood up and used her phone as an excuse to keep her head down. However, after the first few footsteps she took, a very familiar voice reached out to her.

‘Minji-ah…..it feels like it’s been a while.’

Minzy froze. She stuffed her phone in her pocket but still didn’t bother to turn around and face him.

‘Sorry, I didn’t know you were in here.’ She replied bluntly.

‘I missed you….why have you been ignoring me?’

Minzy felt tingles in her stomach but kept her feelings in check. Why did his voice have to have such a soothing effect on her? After a few seconds, she realised it was her turn to speak.

‘No I haven’t.’

‘Yeah you have.’

‘No I haven’t.’

‘Stop repeating yourself.’

‘If you don’t like it, leave me alone.’

The banter going on between Taemin and Minzy went back and forth and to Taemin it was quite amusing. Minzy on the other hand cursed herself for not leaving with Taeyang earlier. During the entire training hours, she didn’t have to worry about Taemin approaching her because everyone else was there. She thought she could get by without having to encounter him alone, but of course she’d have to deal with it sooner or later.

‘Don’t be like this. I don’t even know why you’re angry in the first place.’

‘I’m not angry!’ Minzy shouted, totally contradicting herself.

‘You’re cute when you’re like this.’

‘You-‘Minzy started but paused, feeling both annoyed and embarrassed at Taemin’s comment. She quickly cleared and continued. ‘I’m getting out of here.’

‘Wait.’ Taemin hurriedly ran over and grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards his body, successfully giving her a tight back hug. Minzy squealed at his touch but got to her senses as soon as she felt his warm breath on her neck.

‘T-Taemin, please don’t do this.’  Minzy stuttered, her heart beating fast from feeling his body pressed onto hers.

‘You won’t answer or listen to me, so this is your punishment, Minji.’ Taemin grinned, knowing how red Minzy’s face was.

‘You don’t own me or anything….’

‘No I don’t. But you’re not exactly pushing me away or anything right now.’ Taemin chuckled.

‘Because I know you’ll kiss me If I do.’          

‘You know me well now don’t you?’ Taemin chuckled, holding Minzy a little closer to his chest. Minzy secretly enjoyed the one minute they stayed in silence, while Taemin held her body so close to his. Sooner or later she knew he had to let go. People were going to return to the room, plus It didn’t feel completely right that she was letting him do these things to her still.

‘I don’t…I don’t want this you know.’ Minzy mumbled.

‘Why are you lying to me?’ Taemin replied.

‘Taemin…It’s not like I don’t have feelings for you….but I…I like Kai.’

Taemin tightened his hold on her body and buried his head next to her neck before whispering. ‘I know.’

‘Don’t you….don’t you also have someone you’re interested in other than…me?’ Minzy stuttered.

‘Who told you that?’

‘Kai.’

‘……I won’t deny it.’ Taemin sighed, softening his grip on Minzy’s body.

'I'm sorry....' She started all of a sudden.

'For what?' Taemin asked, confused at her apology.

'I ignored you...I didn't mean to not talk to you for so long, but I was just confused with myself. And I won't ask anymore questions regarding..you know.'

'Krystal and I?'

'Yeah and there's one more isn't there?' Minzy asked, not caring anymore If she came off as jealous.

'You mean Naeun....?' Taemin bit his lip. 'There's...nothing right now.'

'Be honest with me.' Minzy sighed.

'There used to be...now there isn't...but it's complicated. I'd rather push it away for now.' Taemin anwered.

'So you actually like Krystal as well don't you?'

'I can't answer that right now Minzy. I haven't figured it out. Like you haven't either.'

Minzy managed a small smile before gently removing Taemin's arms off her body, turning to face him. 'I guess we're both kinda idiots then huh?'

'Probably.' He tugged a small smile.

Minzy reached out and placed Taemin's hand on her own, then using her other hand to gently fondle with his fingers. . 'Well...let's just continue off from where we were friends and we'll slowly discover what we mean to each other...right?' She asked, hope rising inside her body.

'I think that works.' He nodded, before they both let go of each other's touch. The two were able to reach an understanding with each other and it was agreed they'd find out themselves who it was that they really cared for the most.

But what do you do If you experience unrequited love?

-----

A/N: So it's been more than a week and I'm sorry T^T  Lil stale, but I have better plans for the chappy following this. I'm way past my bedtime lol what is sleep. Just thought I'd also let you know I've written the first chapter of the my Luhan x Minzy fic because The 'LuMin' vote actually won over the 'Sehunzy' vote by only ONE!  You guys are crazy XD Won't be posting that story until I have more of the chapters written though, please anticipate it!

 This chapter is a standard length, it's not double like the last 2 chapters have been but I hope it holds you until the next update. Also everyone you watching Roommate? I watched episode 5 today keke and next episode there's more bom and chanyeol interaction!! Park siblings for the win <3  

This is a a teaser of next episode where chanyeol is supposedly showing Bom EXO's Overdose MV! >:)

 

Thanks to the new subbies:

And thanks for the upvote!