Best Friends?

Your Dance is Addictive

Fortunately, most of my YG family members had their own hangovers to get over, so they weren’t that interested or curious as to why Minzy suddenly decided to go out on her own. With the promise that she’d make it back to the dorm later that day, Minzy wasted no time in heading straight to her destination.

SHINee’s dorm.

Taemin sounded excited on the phone which made her feel a bit discouraged from bringing up the topic of Krystal and Kai, but Minzy knew she still had to try and talk it out.

There were things Taemin needed to hear, and answers she needed to know.

 

 

‘Oh! Minzy-ssi, what brings you here?’ Onew’s face came up in the monitor, and he was holding a piece of chicken. Hm, so that addiction is real. She remarked in her head.

‘Hello sunbae. Uh..Taemin didn’t tell you I was coming over today?’ She laughed awkwardly.

‘Oh Minji, you’re here already!’ Taemin suddenly appeared in the shot, looking as excited as ever. Minzy couldn’t help but smile sheepishly at him. He reminded her of a cute little puppy.

‘Nice of you to come all this way Minzy-ssi.’ Onew bowed slightly before nudging Taemin a little.

‘Yah, next time you bring your friends over, let me know so I don’t let them see me in this attire.’ He walked off to Minzy assumed his room. She didn’t see what there was to be embarrassed about because hey, she also walked around in her dorm with grandma looking pyjamas and pink slippers.

‘So.’ Taemin smiled at her without even bothering to reply to his leader. ‘Why don’t we watch our performance in my room? I got a copy of it already.’ He was already pushing the girl into another room which was most likely his.

‘Oh..but shouldn’t I greet my sunbaes…?’ She asked, but had already closed the door behind her.

‘You can do it later. For now, I’ll set this up.’ He jumped onto his bed and his laptop.

Minzy took the chance to scan and look around his room a little. Walking over to a desk, she noticed a bunch of photos stuck around the area. Photos of SHINee, selcas with his SHINee members, and a few selcas of him and Krystal. The happy faces in all of them made her unknowingly smile as well..until she noticed one more photo that stood out amongst the rest.

A photo of Taemin and Kai. A photo Minzy immediately recognised where it was taken from, only because it was buzzing all over the internet at the time and she had remembered seeing it once. But she didn’t know them like she was getting to know them now.

 

 

They were holding onto each other because of the surprise and happiness they felt that day. The feeling of success and accomplishment. Both winning those awards and being able to congratulate each other on the same stage, knowing just how much hard work and effort they’ve put into their idol lives.

 

True, best friends.

 

Who would dare try and stand in the way of that?

 

A tear unknowingly gathered at the corner of Minzy’s eye and she suddenly questioned how she made myself end up here. Tracing the photo lightly with her index finger, she was about to pick it up when Taemin’s voice interrupted her train of thought.

‘Okay it’s ready! Let’s watch it.’ He called, and Minzy immediately reached her hand up to her eye and wiped away the evidence of any tears. For a moment she had completely forgotten that she was in his room.

‘Sit next to me.’ He patted the spot next to him on the bed. Minzy hesitated for a little bit before doing so. He moved closer to her, not leaving much space between them as he placed the laptop between both of their laps, pressing play.

 

Meanwhile, outside Taemin’s room

‘……..’

 ‘Can you hear anything hyung?’

‘Not yet….what do you think they’re doing in there?’

‘Taemin’s not stupid enough to do things while we’re all here, what are you expecting?’

‘Shut up chicken lover!’

‘SHHHHH! Guys they can probably hear us.’

‘I bet he locked the door.’

‘No, don’t check it! What if it’s open-‘

‘Key!!’

‘Crap!!!!’

‘WAAAAAAAH!’

 

Crash. Fall. Tumble.

 

‘Hi to you all too.’ Taemin rolled his eyes at his hyungs. The other SHINee members had toppled over each other on the floor, unintentionally playing a game of ‘stacks on’ at the door after Key’s stupid idea to check if the door was unlocked or not, but it was something that wasn’t new whenever one of them had a visitor.

‘Um…hello SHINee sunbaes.’ Minzy bowed her head a little. Noticing how close she was sitting with Taemin, she made a move to widen the gap between them, but Taemin only closed it again by moving closer to her.

‘You don’t have to pretend that we’re not close in front of them you know.’ He laughed at the younger girl.

‘Taemin yah!! I demand to know what’s going on!’ Key stood up and put his hands on his hips. The smirk he had told Minzy that he was probably more excited rather than suspicious of their relationship.

‘I think Taemin is allowed to keep that kind of stuff to himself.’ Minho stood up as well.

‘Says the one who joined us in eavesdropping. I mean-‘ Jonghyun smacked his own head.  ‘Damnit!’

‘Did you guys forget that we have a guest here?’ Onew piped in, still gnawing on a chicken bone that seemed like it had been cleaned thoroughly already.

‘Mianhae Minzy-ssi!!’ The other 3 bowed towards the 2NE1 maknae. She only giggled at their behaviour and told them to stand up.

‘You guys are so animated…it’s quite funny actually.’ She laughed.

‘Can you guys get out? I’m trying to spend time with MY friend alone.’ Taemin groaned.

‘Friend? A friend?’ Key emphasized, eyeing Taemin and wondering if that was all he was going to refer her to.

Minho, who had been smirking to himself for a while now, simply hummed and nodded, capturing everyone’s attention.

‘I see I see.’ He gave Taemin a tiny wink. ‘Sorry for disturbing, we’ll leave you guys be.’ He pushed the others put of the room, ignoring the whining and complaining of them, mainly Key. Taemin stifled a laugh, remembering the short conversation he had with Minho the night before.

He’s up to something.  He thought.

‘Are they always like this?’ Minzy asked, still chuckling at the scene.

‘Countless times’ He shook his head. ‘Anyway, what did you think of the performance?’

‘It was great! I love our spin kick. It was completely in sync and it got heaps of extra cheers! I bet ours was the most exciting.’ She reached her fist out and bumped it with Taemin’s.

‘I thought so too. See, we really do match each other.’

He grinned lovingly at her. But Minzy didn’t grin back. Instead, she coughed and laughed awkwardly. ‘S-sure.’

 

Minzy P.O.V

The guilt came back. And it came back even worse this time. He could’ve just meant that we match in terms of dance, and that our styles complement each other. But the way he said it made me think otherwise. It had other implications, I was sure. Implications that I couldn’t live up to.

To be completely honest, I knew my feelings were much stronger for Kai than Taemin at this point. But there was something about Taemin that just got me every time. Recently I hadn’t felt nervous or anything with him, but it wasn’t like there wasn’t anything going on there.

 

 

So what was he to me?

 

‘Uh…hey! Are you dropping by to visit EXO for their comeback tomorrow? I was thinking of going and surprising them.’ I asked when I realised I hadn’t said anything for a while.

‘Kai made me promise to visit anyway. Should we drop by together?’

‘Sure. Luhan Oppa told me to come if I had time. Since I’m going on tour for the week, I have training tomorrow night, but I have time to hang out for a while before it.’ I nodded, secretly celebrating in my head about the successful topic change.

'Oh yeah...I heard that you're pretty close with Luhan hyung. How did that come to happen if you don't mind my asking?' 

‘Not sure really…we just clicked for no reason. I can’t explain our friendship. He’s like……like…..’ I pouted for a moment and thought, looking around the room. My eyes landed back on Taemin, and I suddenly found my answer.

‘A brother….a close brother.’ I widened my eyes a little. Why did looking at Taemin make me think of that?

‘A brother?’ Taemin titled his head slightly. I studied his face for a while longer before I nodded.

 

‘Yeah. A brother.’

---

‘Oh Mingkki, don’t forget this! You asked me for it right? I hope Chanyeol-ssi likes it….’ Dara blushed while hanging me a little envelope.

‘Thanks unnie, he’ll love this!!’ I grinned. When I came home the night before I had asked my Dara unnie to write a small note to wish Chanyeol goodluck on his comeback. I was delighted to see she had gone to the effort to write a small letter instead.

‘It’s kind of embarrassing. But he IS really cute, so that’s why I wrote it.’ She put her hands up and tried to act innocent.

‘Whatever whatever.’ I laughed. ‘I guess I’ll make my way there soon.’ I started checking my bag for everything I needed for practise later as well as my essentials.

‘Are you sure you don’t want Chaerin to write anything for Kris-ssi?’

I scrunched up my face at the mention of his name and shuddered. ‘No way in hell. I don’t support that pair. And neither does Chaerin unnie herself. She’s been moping in her room since yesterday morning hasn’t she?’

‘Yeah..Seungri wouldn’t stop shoving the photo in her face. She’s too embarrassed to go training, you know, Kris being in the same group and all.’ Dara shrugged.

‘Still, I don’t like that pairing. You and Chanyeol –ssi sounds pretty nice though.’ I grinned before making my way over to the front door.

‘Aigoo, don’t say embarrassing things!’ She called to me. ‘And make sure you come home with Kai.’ She laughed evilly as I closed the door. It was a good thing she didn’t see my face that was turning red. I wondered what she’d say If she knew we decided to start dating.

----

 

‘SHE’S HERE! THE MAKNAE IS HERE!’ Baekhyun announced to the whole room, though it seemed the entire universe in my view.

‘Yah Baekhyun how many times do we need to correct your manners?! She’s your sunbaenim, and don’t yell out stuff like that.’ Suho shot the overly excited idol a glare.

‘But she knows it’s true, right Minzy?’ Baekhyun danced around and smiled at me.

‘I brought along some cake for you guys to have after you perform…’ I smiled a little awkwardly while handing him the bag in my hands.

‘Awwww you shouldn’t have!! Guys guys she brought us a cake!!!’ He started to dance around some more.

(A/N: Ignore Kai and Lay xD but aww so cute!)

‘Shut up Baek! We know okay?!’ I watched as Kris rubbed his temple in frustration. Yeah, I’ll agree to that I guess.

‘Come over Minzy-ah.’ I looked over to see Luhan gesturing me to sit with him at his dressing table. I made my way over, not forgetting to flash a tiny smile at Kai who was across the other side of the room, discussing something with Sehun.

‘Loving the fluffy hair.’ I chuckled.

‘Tchh. Whatever. Where’s my special present eh?’ Luhan reached his hand out.

‘Didn’t bring one for you. I have something special for Chanyeol though.’ I laughed.

‘As If! You’re not even close to Chanyeol hyung as much as you are to me.’

It’s not my gift. It’s a gift from Dara unnie.’ I took out the letter from my bag. ‘Perhaps if you had a favourite 2NE1 member and told me, I would’ve prepared something for you.’

‘If you’re hoping for me to say you, don’t waste your time. For me, it’s Bom hands down.’ He stuck his tongue out at me. ‘More importantly, didn’t you tell me Taemin sunbae was going to be here with you too?’

‘He’s been caught up with something so he might make it just in time to watch from this room.’

'Well that’s all good.’ Luhan nodded weakly before he eyed me seriously. ‘So….he doesn’t know? You’re gonna keep it from him as well?’

‘I couldn’t bring it up yesterday…’ I bit my lip. ‘I don’t even know how to approach it.’

‘You know you gotta make it clear because he’s already quite comfortable with you. One wrong move and you’re gonna be in even deeper water.’ Luhan poked my forehead.

‘I know I know!’ I pouted. ‘But for today, let’s just celebrate your comeback okay?’

‘You’re lucky that face works on me.’ He ruffled my hair, to which we suddenly heard a gasp from behind. Looking at the mirrors, we saw Baekhyun eyeing us.

‘Kai Kai! You should come over here and tell Luhan what’s yours!’ He yelled across the room, making yet again, everyone in the room look in our direction. Sometimes I wondered how the EXO boys put up with this guy…

‘And that’s my cue to leave. I’ll pass this onto Chanyeol while you go talk to your Kai.’ He giggled. Baekhyun followed him, looking like he had done his job right while he pat Kai’s shoulder, who took a seat next to me. Seeing him instantly made my heart skip a beat, and I was sure I was turning red again. Ugh, what kind of effect is this?

‘Baekhyun hyung is really embarrassing….’ He smiled while scratching the back of his neck. Just that simple action made me feel like my face was burning up even more. I opted for shaking my head lightly instead of responding with words. Geez, Minzy you’re not a fan girl for gods sake!

‘I like what you’re wearing today.’ He smiled sheepishly at me, and I could tell he was feeling just as embarrassed as I was.

‘Thanks…’ I smiled back nervously. ‘When are you performing today?’

‘Standby is in 10 minutes…hopefully Taemin hyung makes it in time.’ He checked the clock on the wall.

‘Hehe…your look today is so…wild. Totally suits you.’ I took the chance to really inspect his hair. Weird as hell, but it worked for him.

‘It’s actually really embarrassing…I prefer less explosions in my hair.’ He groaned.

‘You can’t beat Dara unnie’s hair compilations though.’ I laughed.

‘Yah, Kyungsoo wanted to talk to you. Get over there.’ Kris suddenly appeared and pushed him to move. Kai reluctantly got up and looked at me slightly pouting.

‘I’ll talk to you later.’ I nodded before turning to Kris. ‘What was that about?’

‘Didn’t I tell you not to stay too close? You’re not even following that order right now it seems.’ He narrowed his eyes at me. Normally I’d stiffen up at being around him, but this time I had something I could use against Kris.

‘Yeah, I feel like it’s only you making a fuss here. All of your members seem to have NO PROBLEM with me being close to Kai.’ I shrugged.

‘What a surprise. You’re not scared of me for once.’ He smirked in amusement.

‘Not even one bit.’ I threw back, staring at him in a challenging way.

‘Oh? And why are you so confident today? I’m curious.’ He cocked his head to the side, still smirking.

‘Because you’re a hypocrite that’s crushing on my leader CL.’ I shot back, and immediately I saw the smirk on his face being replaced with lips formed into a thin line and his eyes were opened so wide they could’ve popped out.

‘W-What…What do you-‘

‘It’s true isn’t it? I have to thank Luhan Oppa for that.’ It was my turn to narrow my eyes at him.

‘I-It’s not like that! I just-‘

‘MINZY SUNBAE I LOVE YOU!!!!’ Suddenly a hyper looking Chanyeol came running towards us, cutting Kris off from trying to explain himself. Tch, like he could anyway.

‘You’re welcome Chanyeol-ssi.’ I gave him the thumbs up.

‘ I LOVE IT!! IT’S GONNA GO IN MY DARA COLLECTION!!’ He reached out and gave me a surprise hug.

‘I’m so glad you like it! Maybe you could teach some of your other EXO members to be more public about who they like.’ I looked at Kris and smirked.

‘Eh?’ Chanyeol turned his head to Kris. ‘Hyung, you have a bias in 2NE1 too? Who who?!’ He suddenly jumped up.

‘No one!!’ Kris got up and stomped away, going over to play with Tao instead.

‘Weird…..anyway thank you so much!!’ Chanyeol grinned at me again. ‘Im gonna show Baek my new addition.’

Just then, the door opened and a staff member peeped his head inside.

‘EXO, please come out and go on standby. You will be performing in 5 minutes.’

‘Yes!!’ They all bowed and prepared to leave the room. Kai walked up to me and smiled. ‘Make sure you focus on me.’

Blushing, I lightly slapped him on the arm before shouting ‘Fighting’ to all of the other members walking out.

 

---

A/N: Heyo what up guys ^^ Managed to pile on a chapter here in about a week. (better right?) Being nice and not putting an annoying cliffnhanger here this time (y)

Thanks to new subscribers!

And new upvotes too ^^

 

Keep reading If you wanna hear about a possible new fanfic:

Recently I've been inspired to write a fanfic that has mutiple different stories within, you know like the ones that have several issues and problems with characters who somehow link together? Anyway here's a few characters I'm thinking I'd want to use If I start it:

  • 2NE1 - all
  • BTS -  Jungkook and V
  • GOT7 - Mark, Jackson and BamBam
  • Miss A - Min
  • F(x) - Amber
  • Exo - Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai
  • SHINee -  Taemin

Anyway, gimme suggestions on any of this, I'm really excited and up for it so any opinions are welcomes ^^ Thanks guys.