Work Over Health

Your Dance is Addictive

Minzy P.O.V

As I expected, I woke up feeling the worst and it wasn't like I caught enough sleep either. My eyes squinted when I saw the big 4AM splashed across my clock. I groaned at the state I was in. It was hard to breath, hard to move under the blanket, and even harder to think. I realised that taking medicine would probably be a good choice right now, given I didn't want to be caught taking it when everyone else would be awake, assuming none of my 2NE1 members were awake now. 

I rolled my body to the edge of my bed before letting my feet make contact with the cold floorboards and my body shivered even more when I pulled the blanket off myself. Even walking to the kitchen was a drainer and probably took me longer than I thought. I roughly opened the cupboards where we place a lot of medicine. Grabbing the one relevant for myself, I took a tablet out before grabbing myself a cup and pouring water in. Quickly swallowing and drinking afterwards, I took the chance to just stand and breath. That was hard to do aswell. I slowly reached the bathroom and inspected my reflection. My face lacked energy, my cheeks were redder than ever, and my eyelids threatened to droop. I knew I needed more sleep but  it was hell either way. I couldn't wake up my members...they'd panic within seconds and then argue to Sajangnim about how I have to rest but of course he would ignore it...

'.' I cursed again like I did last night. I laid on my side on the bed and watched the clock on my wall tick. It was the only thing I could do, and somehow it felt relaxing. From time to time, I would experience microsleeps and before I knew it, the time had already reached 7AM. The time I'd get up and train if I wasn't feeling lazy. I slowly sat up when I realised that Chaerin or Dara unnie would wake soon. I washed up in the bathroom as quickly as I could, splashing water on my face a few times. Rushing back to the vanity table in my room, I put on my usual makeup except for one thing. Blush. No way in hell did I need any of that. The look in the mirror made me confirm I could pass having a fever, but I'd definitely get caught with having a cold. Good enough. I thought.

I tried to best to smile without looking fake(because I was grumpy as hell) an even practised talking a little because my voice was sounding a little weak. We managed to leave the dorm with the members noticing I had a 'cold' and told me to not push myself for the day. Well actually I was pushing myself to stand and walk properly, to smile occasionally and not be caught shivering. Luckily for me, the radio talk show ended quicker than I thought, although the subject of me being sick did come up. At least we were required to sit down so I was thankful for that. We settled back into our van before our manager drove us to the SM building. Although I'm pretty sure Chaerin had only told me where we'd be going since Bom and Dara unnie were discussing possible places. I put on my shades and 'slept' so they wouldn't talk to me but really I just needed time to breath and calm down. I wouldn't be surprised If I fainted later today.

We reached the SM building that I now knew all too well. Chaerin unnie looked a little scared while Bom and Dara unnie were just confused yet excited as to why we were here. I followed behind and tried to keep my composure, even though I reaaaally needed to lie down. When we were escorted inside the building, we were immediately guided into the elevator, rising up to a floor close to the top. When we exited into a big room, we all gasped slightly, seeing Lee Soo Man, and YG Sajangnim waiting for us in the centre. There were also other idols in the room, including our Big Bang and Se7en labelmates, F(x), SHINee, and of course Exo. The tension and silence in the room made us pretend to remain calm and politely bowed. We immediately made our to stand next to our labelmates. I still had my shades on as I followed behind my members, and I could see Taemin stare at me from the side. I ignored it and stood next to Se7en Oppa. 'Hey.' He shot me a smile and whispered. I smiled back before staying silent again, hoping whatever was to happen wouldn't kill me. I tried hard to not show any signs my body was feeling weak as I stood tall and straight. Finally, the two big bosses began to speak. 

'Now, I'm sure you are all wondering why we have brought you here.' 'YG Sajangnim started. 'A few of you have been informed of why we have gathered here. These are the leaders and also solo artists. Onew. G-Dragon. Victoria. CL. Boa. Se7en. Suho. And Kris. We've informed the following people about our new training system we've decided to test out.' He smiled. I looked at Chaerin unnie and assumed she lied last night about not knowing anything else.

Lee Soo Man started to speak. 'The idea is to have idols interact with each other and learn under the same teachers in addition to your normal training schedules. You all have your own fields, and we want you to toughen up your weak points, as well as help others gain stronger in theirs. We are combining YG and SM instructors so you are able to get a taste of each others learning conditions.'

And then YG Sajangnim spoke again. 'The reason Sooman and I have decided to start this new system is because you are all undoubtedly some of the most talented idols out there, but you all know that your skills can enhance even more. We hope you can develop good friendships with one another and get along as fellow idols, rather than look at each other as rivals.'

They kept taking turns in speaking. Lee Sooman finished with 'This program will be running for a number of 6 weeks. You will be required to train here under this program twice a week, where it fits your particular groups' schedule. We have prepared the lists stating the members of your groups. The staff will now hand them out to you. Today specially, everybody will be training at the same time, until 1AM. You may allocate whenever you need any breaks, but they are not to be taken more than twice today, and cannot last for more than half an hour.' I inwardly sighed deeply at this. It was only 3pm. What the hell?

'Lastly, you will also have time where the instructors are not training you, but rather you're teaching each other. The schedule times and rooms are all listed on these sheets so please follow them accordingly. In about 3 weeks time, we will access the effectiveness of this program so we expect you to work very hard.'

Everybody clapped and bowed, saying they'll work hard. Okay yeah, it sounded fun but could I be exempt from it today? I took in a big gulp when the staff members handed us our schedule sheets. I already knew I would be stuck in the dancing group and I didn't need to look to know who else would be there.

Dance

-Taemin -Lay -Kai -Sehun -Victoria -Minzy -Taeyang

My eyes lit up when I saw Youngbae's name at the end of the list. I sighed in relief and exchanged waves with him.

'Ooo Mingkki you and Victoria are the only girls in yours!' Bom unnie exclaimed. 'There are a lot of people for vocal.'

I looked onto the vocal group and checked out all of the names. There were way too many people for vocals so the group was split in two.

Vocal 1 -Park Bom -Jonghyun -Chen -Baekhyun -D.O -Daesung

Vocal 2 -Luhan -Suho -Krystal -Luna -Onew

'Unnie you're the only girl in your group..but you have Daesung Oppa so it's okay.' I commented lightly. By now, the 2 big bosses has left, allowing all of us to talk to one another. It seemed everyone was forming into their groups and exchanging greetings. I looked around and noticed my members had fled and I was still standing awkwardly in the corner. I swayed backwards and a hand lay on my back to support my body. I met with Se7en Oppa's face and he looked at me with worried eyes, also holding my waist from the front.

'Oppa? What's up?' I managed to say.

'Minji-ah, I know you're sick. I was watching you when you came into the room. Are you sure you can handle today?'

'You can tell?...' I mumbled.

'Of course. Just covering your face with shades and pretending to be okay isn't going to fool me. Do you want me to talk to Sajangnim?' He gave me a sympathetic smile.

I shook my head. 'No, it's okay. I'll make sure I rest after the instructors are done. Okay?'

'Want me to join your group today then?'

'Eh? But isn't that bad? What group are you in Oppa?' I finally stood up by myself and scanned the sheet.

'Here.' He pointed to the bottom of the list. 'BoA and I aren't actually in any group. We're only here to monitor you guys and make sure you're doing everything okay.'

'Oh....in that case then, join us please.' I nodded.

'What's this?' We heard. I looked over to Youngbae Oppa walking over. 'Minji-ah, hurry up. We're going to our scheduled room soon.'

'Nae.' I nodded. 'Se7en Oppa, you'll come too ?'

'Yeah for today. If you feel weak, let me know and I'll take you home okay?' He smiled.

'What? What's wrong with Minji?' Youngbae frowned.

'Just a little sick. Don't worry, I'll survive.' I said weakly. He pat my shoulder lightly and smiled. 'Don't push yourself.'

'Taeyang Sunbae! Minzy Sunbae, let's get going!' We heard Victoria call us over.

'Nae!' We shouted back, following the group out to the elevator. The SM idols of our group entered first and we followed behind. I avoided the short stare I could feel Taemin give me. I stood next to Se7en Oppa and we all exited to a lower floor, following the instructors. Victoria slowed down and waited to wall next to me. 'Let's do our best. Fighting!' She raised her fist. I mustered up enough 'happy energy' to do the same.

We reached the room we were to practise in, and I quickly set my things in the corner of the room with Se7en Oppa behind me. He put his hand in my shoulder and spoke quietly. 'Are you sure you don't want me to get you out of this?' He asked again.

I shook my head. 'No I can't do that. Sajangnim would get angry you know?' I smiled weakly. He then moved his hands up to the face and removed my glasses, revealing my red cheeks.

'You're not okay. But I know you're stubborn, so don't push yourself.' He lightly poked my head.

'Is something wrong?' A new voice came in. I turned to the source and saw Lay looking at me with concern. I quickly shook my head. 'No no, it's fine. I'm ready to get started.' I flapped my had around to shoo Se7en Oppa away and took my place towards the back. There were 3 instructors. 2 from SM and 1 from YG. The first SM instructor made us form a random circle around him before he signalled another instructor to turn the music on. Immediately. he started breaking into dance and showcased all of these popping movements. We all clapped and cheered in awe before he used his index finger and signalled Taemin to swap places with him. 'Show everyone your style Taemin-sshi.' Taemin grinned and took his place in the middle, dancing freestyle to the upbeat song playing. I noticed he incorporated a few moves we made up yesterday and wanted to cheer but simply clapped because I obviously wasn't feeling up to sorts. 'Okay, Taemin ask another to come up.' The instructor grinned after a few counts. Kai was immediately called out and he was just as good as Taemin. Figures. I thought. I simply clapped to not be out of place while everybody clearly looked more enthusiastic. There was still Victoria, Sehun, Lay, Youngbae Oppa and myself left. I hoped Kai would choose another SM idol but before I knew it, he pointed to me. I took in a huge breath in attempt to prepare myself. I bit my lip quickly before I followed his gaze to the middle of the circle and started randomly freestyling but without using too many harsh movements. My dance was a little weaker than usual but it was the best I could do. I signalled Youngbae Oppa to dance and he pat my head before starting to amaze everyone else with his skills. The dance circle continued until everybody had had their turn in the spotlight. The second SM instructor then came up and split us up into 2 lines. Thankfully, I was allocated to the back line but I was positioned between Kai and Lay. At this point, I hadn't actually exchanged any greetings with Kai. Rather, we just nodded at each other.

For the next 2 hours, we learnt a new choreography that mainly consisted of fast isolation movements, one that I don't do often but still liked. I glanced over at Taemin from time to time, as he was enjoying himself. I could also feel a slight stare coming from my left, where Kai was. I decided to ignore it for now and just focus on the dancing part, although I was't sure how okay I looked. I made heaps of mistakes and wasn't accurate enough. The instructor told us to take a 20 minute break after we ran through the same choreo a few times. Everybody ran to grab their water bottles and rest. Se7en Oppa immediately ran over to me and checked my forehead. 'Minji-ah, I have to take you back to the dorm. You were falling behind during the last half of that dance.'

I once again shook my head furiously. 'Andwae andwae...I'll get in trouble.'

'It's not just me who can tell anymore. The YG instructor asked me If you were okay. Oh and here he comes now.' We looked over to the figure approaching us. He lowered his head and smiled. 'You don't have to partake in the next dance If you can't handle it. After me is the SM instructor again, so at least rest for mine.'

'No, I'll do it. I'll do it.' I nodded my head weakly, feeling my vision grow blurry. 'I'll just..go to the bathroom and wash up. I need a breather anyway.'

'Want me to come with you?' Se7en Oppa asked.

'No I'll be alright.' I smiled, slowing making my way to the door. I slowly made my way through the hallways by leaving a hand on the wall to support myself up. I hadn't gotten very far before I started to shiver and my headache became worse. Kneeling down, I tried to control my breathing and regain my energy. I couldn't bring myself to stand up anymore, my face burning up more than ever. I then felt a hand on mine. Looking behind, I could only visibly tell that it was a male staring back at me.

'You don't look so good.' I heard. I could see the figure shake his head as my vision grew weaker and weaker.

'Hey hey hey!' Was the last thing I heard, before my sight completely out.

 

----

Back with another chapter ;) No ships again, but I think it's quite interesting(If I do say so myself LOL sorry if you all disagree with me) I just came back from drinking with friends BUT I've sobered up! Gonna be honest, the last maybe 200 words may not be so great but I'm happy with the rest of it. Gimme your opinions and who do you think Minzy was with before she fainted? :O

Also anyone curious about the other groups? Guess the members for the rest ;D

New subbies thankyou~!

woorara14 

myungyeol_bby16

GettinDumb 

And for the new upvote thankyou! <3

myungyeol_bby16

Please continue to support me ^^ You know I always love your comments and I'll reply to most If not all of your opnions and questions ^^ There have been a few requests lately too. Don't forget to keep giving me your suggestions because every author gets writer's block, trust me xD Alright good night, guys, I gotta wake up in 6 hours...

P.S I passed the 2K mark on views ^^ thank you all so much. I wonder If I'm capable of gaining 100 subscribers..