Chapter 8

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday morning... rain isn't falling this Sunday morning. Yah, why when I didn't have rehearsal it was this sunny. I opened my window to taste the sun. The wind is kind of chilly already. I stared at my empty bed. Last year's fall, I spent it with Soojoo, we drunk until the morning comes, talking about whatever came to our mind that time, playing cards and drawing on each other face. Damn. She's now probably drinking with a hunky model somewhere in New York.

I checked my mobile. Byunghun-hyung sent me Kakao messages last night at 11 PM. Heol, I already asleep I guess. I finished my rehearsal at 10 PM yesterday. We're all stressed up with our detective play's premiere next week.

Byunghunnie-hyung (23:00) : Nielie, I'll stay at my family home tonight, since my mom insisted. I already told her about the plan of moving in with you, but she hasn't say yes

Byunghunnie-hyung (23:16) : Ng, I'll try to talk with her again
Byunghunnie-hyung (23:24) : Nielie... are you there? are you asleep?
Byunghunnie-hyung (23:36) : Ah, I think you are. Good Luck for your play. See you... Good night.

Ah, I didn't read it, hyung... I texted back in hurry;

Hyung!! Sorry I just read it. I fell asleep fast last night. It's okay. I'll talk to your mom, then...

I put my mobile inside my short's pocket and walked to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and I realized I already spent my groceries in making Byunghun-hyung's pizzas yesterday... Now I should go to the market to buy some. I never bought them in convenient store, I like them fresh... and cheap. My allowance from my mom didn't quite help and being a newbie actor in theater world isn't that helping either. I sighed and put on my jacket and went out to my car.

I checked the gas, still filled, at least I could survive until next week. Sunday morning, traffic jam everywhere... What were these people doing, really... they should jog and play with their kids in the park. Don't go to the malls! or cafes!. Or anything. Hh, I checked my mobile and saw Byunghun-hyung's reply;

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:13) : Is that alright? I'm not sure with my mom's state of mind now keke
Byunghunnie-hyung (09:14): My mom went to Seoul with her friends, I think I'll talk about it with her later

Ah, should I just meet her, then? keke

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:16) : Ng... don't;;

Why not? I was on my way to the market now

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:18): Just don't. I'll work it out. She was actually quite emotional yesterday, heard what we've planned

Heol. I could picture that.

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:20) : Yesterday's medical check up result wasn't that good, so...

Really? hyung, I'm worried.

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:21) : I feel alright though, the result was quite surprising. Aren't you driving by now?

Yeah. Ah, here's the green light.

Byunghunnie-hyung (09:24) : Drive safely keke

I smiled and put it back on the dashboard. Is taking Byunghun-hyung to live with me a good decision, though... I thought it would be fun, since he's living alone too anyway. He needs me to take care of him, right?... it's a good decision for both party. But well, his mom was indeed a piece of work.

I finally reached out the market. I went to my favorite stall inside to buy some salads, spring onions, broccoli, chillies and other spices. I looked to one chicken and thought about Byunghun-hyung immediately. Pff... isn't it look just like him, I thought. He loves chicken, though... should I buy it for him...? Ah, wait. Will he coming home soon... what is this. I chuckled to myself. I already thought about what would I cook for him. I asked the ahjumma about the price and bought it anyway.

I stopped at one convenience store downtown to grabbed a drink. Without knowing, I strolled to the ramen section and took some of them, when I was about to walk to the cashier I thought... ah these were bad for Byunghun-hyung's health and decided to put them back on the shelf. Really, I unconsciously keep him in mind when buying foods now. I should have him on my apartment right away, or today's shopping would be a waste.

When I was about to enter the key to start my car's engine, my mobile rang. I took it, and a familiar heavy voice came after;

"Ahn Daniel", the commanding voice called out my name. It was no other than Byunghun-hyung's mom.
“Yeah, it’s me… how did you~?”
“It’s Byunghun’s mom”, she introduced herself.
“Yeah, Mrs. Lee I know. I recognize your voice, since it’s much lower than mine”, I chuckled.
“I took a peek on Byunghun’s phone before. Heol, you’re on his fast dial”, she expressed a unspeakable annoyance.
“Really?”, I answered awkwardly.
“Let’s talk. Where are you now? I'm in Samseong-dong now”, she said.
“Uh, okay, um, do you know a restaurant called Elixir?”, I asked.
"Yeah, I know that place, meet there?", she asked in straightforward tone as usual.
"Yes. I was in the area now. So it wouldn't take much time", I said as I start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter