Chapter 10

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daniel... Dani-ya...", Jonghyun snapped his fingers in front of Daniel's face.
Daniel gasped in surprise.

"What are you doing? your line! it's your turn now", Jonghyun exclaimed.
"AH... Mr. Jung, I think it's not a wise thing to point the mistake entirely on your son like that", Daniel delivered his line.
"Cut. It's not that line yet, what are you doing spacing out in broad daylight like this? it's not even an hour since our rehearsal", the director pointed his roll of script to Daniel.
"I'm really sorry", Daniel bowed and recited his line.

"Yah, what's wrong with you?", Jonghyun tapped Daniel's back as he handed him a can of cola.
"I don't know. Something's bothered my mind, but I don't really know what", Daniel sighed.
"What is it? you can tell me", said Jonghyun.
Daniel took a deep breath and keep walking.
"Nothing", Daniel smirked while waved back at one actress. Everyone in the set knows Daniel. In fact the one who waved at him was Jonghyun's female lead. She was Lee Hayi, once she and Daniel went out for a drink together. They enjoy each other company. Well, who didn't like Daniel's company. He's like people magnet.

"Don't touch her", said Jonghyun.
"Whoa, why? you like her?", Daniel elbowed him. He knew that if Jonghyun set his eyes on one woman, he really meant it.
"What are you talking about, she had a boyfriend already", said Jonghyun bitterly.
"Ah, I'm sorry", said Daniel.
"What are you sorry for??", Jonghyun chuckled.
"Hahaha, don't act innocent...", Daniel giggled.
"What? no. I promised myself I won't fall in love with my female lead", said Jonghyun, full with conviction.
"Alright then", Daniel sneered at him.
"I'm not like you who love random girls all at once", said Jonghyun.
"Yah! It's not like that, now I feel offended. Girls are just... so confusing", Daniel exclaimed.
"Don't be nice to everyone", said Jonghyun.
"How could we not be nice? so we should be rude to people?", Daniel scoffed.
"Aayyy you know what I'm talking about. You're buying girls lunch, that's bit too much isn't it? you expect them to have the wrong impression on you...", said Jonghyun seriously.

Daniel just rolled his eyes and looked at the other side.
"I still remember your advice to me that day, when I just broke up with Jiyeon in first semester, you said; 'You should have a spare first before you broke up'", Jonghyun chuckled.
"Hahahahaha! God, it was years ago. I was just a stupid freshman! I was still a highschool student that time, okay...", Daniel laughed hard.
"Yeah, now that you got dumped by Soojoo, I think it's karma, really... you have no spare now huh?", Jonghyun elbowed him.
"No... well, I had someone confessed to me, like, 2 days ago?", Daniel's eyes wondered to the empty parking lot, now they were about to take a walk to their favorite spot; Elixir.
"Who's the unlucky girl this time?", asked Jonghyun.
"Yejin, our junior", Daniel chuckled.
"Ah, she was your wardrobe assistant last semester", said Jonghyun.
"She's kinda cute actually", said Daniel.
"But you say no?", asked Jonghyun.

"Humm... I don't know... why I have no interest on girls lately", said Daniel, wondered to some shops on the sidewalk. Then something caught his eyes. Hydrangeas in one corner of a flower shop. He walked toward them, unknowingly ran his fingers through them.
"May I help you?", asked the shop owner.
"Ah, sorry, I just...", Daniel put his hand off.
"It's okay... they are the last hydrangeas, the season was almost over for them to grow", the shop owner smiled at Daniel.
"Really? Byunghun-hyung delivered me these days ago", said Daniel to Jonghyun.
"Eh? he bought you flowers?!", Jonghyun widened his eyes in disgust.
"Don't get him wrong, he threw away my birthday hydrangeas, that's why he bought me another one to make up for it", said Daniel.
"Birthday hydrangeas?", asked Jonghyun.
"Yes. I never told you about it before?", said Daniel as he threw his can of cola to one garbage can.
"Mmmm... nope", replied Jonghyun. Then Daniel told him about his secret admirer. How Daniel actually love to tell people about it. It was so detailed that they spent the rest of their walk just to talk about that matter. By the time they arrived at Elixir, Jonghyun was brainwashed with the infamous phrase; "Love is such a persistent feeling". Being a deep person, Jonghyun was somehow immersed with that idea maybe more than Daniel himself. He kept thinking about it.

"Hmm, isn’t that bit weird? why hydrangeas, people usually sent roses…", said Jonghyun after couple other topics between.
"Yeah… maybe because my birthday is on summer?", said Daniel, smoked his cigarette.
"But still, hydrangea is too spesific, it must hold a special memory to it", said Jonghyun as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter