Chapter 16

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Should we kiss like this? or like th.. is..?", Chanhee-hyung tilted his head several times in front of me. We finally have to rehearse our kiss scene. It feels so weird. I should just think about someone else shouldn't I? Hm... let's try Soojoo... ah no. Not her. Now her fiance Alex' weird face came to mind. Byunghun-hyung... That kiss, huh. I don't know a boy's lips would taste that sweet. And even though he said it was his first kiss, he nailed it. He didn't get greedy, keep it all nice and slow.

"Yah, Daniel~", Chanhee-hyung's waving hand brought me back to reality.
"Ah. Hyung... If you're confused, I could be the one who lead", I said.
"What. No. I should be the one who lead here", Chanhee-hyung protested.
"Well... it's not like we're boy and girl here..."
"Aish! so frustrating... how should we do this", Chanhee-hyung giggled.
"Is this your first time, kissing a guy?", I asked.

He looked at me and smirked.
"I couldn't say I have no experience...", he chuckled.
"Whoa... what's that. You should be able to kiss me easily, then", I scoffed.
"Tsk... it's been awhile...", Chanhee-hyung cleared his throat and looked at me deeply, getting ready to delivered his line.

"Is it wrong that I found the whole orphan thing pretty y?", Chanhee-hyung looked deep into my eyes as he snickered, touched my upper arm to build the tension.
"God. What's wrong with you?", I laughed and replied him.
Then here came the pauses. His hand finally travelled to my neck, his face was coming closer. Why should I be the one who receive the kiss?... I grabbed his head softly, and moved forward, he blinked once as I slowly closed my eyes, getting my emotions right. Then his lips touched mine. Should we really went into it? To make a perfect scene we should be exact about everything, rehearse every detail.

Maybe we should just let it in. Okay. I opened my mouth.
It's Soojoo, Soojoo... alright. That one summer in a lazy hot afternoon, we lied down on a roof, smoking and talking endlessly. That garlic taste in like...
"Hm, I think it's fine?", Chanhee-hyung stopped just before I appreciate the sweet taste his lip balm made.
"Just like that? okay. It's fine, just little bite and all?", I giggled and drank the beer beside me.
"Yeah, we don't want to make it too far. But well, if you feel like it was more personal...", Chanhee-hyung wondered.
"No. I think you did it right, it's the first night we met, right?", I checked the script once again and so did he.
"Yeah yeah, you're right. We still found out about each other and stuffs", he snapped his fingers.
"Hum... okay, that's cool. I never think that my character was that kind of kisser anyway. What's next?", I flipped the script to the next page.

"Pfff", Chanhee-hyung chuckled.
"What?", I giggled.
"No... I just really wondered before, how would those lips of yours taste like... and wow. I was just amazed...", he couldn't stop from giggling.
"Well, is that a good thing?", I sneered.
"No. I mean it. You have such a beautiful lips, Daniel... believe me", he put on a serious face.
"Heol. Hyung, you creeped me out", I chuckled.
"Aaay, shouldn't we a romantic couple in our play. Or is there someone that would be jealous of us?", he asked me mischievously.

"Who? are you still curious about Byunghun-hyung?", I frowned.
"Ye-es. Because if you're in relationship with him... you should be careful", said Chanhee-hyung convincingly. What was this guy into, I wonder...
"Eh? why? yah, weren't you both friends in junior high?", I asked confusedly.
"Yeah, we were friends. If you asked everyone from our junior high you would know that he's not like what you think he is", he said, leaned his back to the chair.
"What? what do you mean?"
"I see you're late this morning", he sighed.
"Yeah. I had to drive Byunghun-hyung to his regular medical check", I replied.
"Really? so early in the morning? are you living together?", he smirked.
"Sharing a room. Yes. We're flatmates, what's wrong about that?", I giggled to keep the conversation in ease.

"No... there's nothing wrong about that at all. I know Byunghun had some rare disease, right. Ha, it must be hard for you being his flatmate... and you have to attend university, PLUS, you have this drama rehearsal", said Chanhee-hyung as he casually smile at me while tucking his shirt back into his short.
"Oh. So his disease was quite well-known in junior high?", I asked.
"Of course. Everyone knows", he replied. Then I remember what Mrs. Lee said about the hardship that Byunghun-hyung had in junior high.
"He never tell anyone about his disease in high school, though", I said.
"Really? ah... ahaha", Chanhee-hyung somehow found it very amusing. He took a deep breath and stood up.

"Well, I have to get going to a magazine photoshoot now", he said as his manager came to him and ask him to go to the van soon.
"Ah, yes. Bye then", I waved him a goodbye.
I watched his lean figure walked further. He greeted some of the crews and other actors then he stopped for a chat with someone I recognize. Changhyun. They spoke like brothers. Chanhee-hyung is an important figure to this drama, since he got his break out with a box office film last year, now his fanbase is the crowd inviting aspect for us.

"Yo, Niel", Changhyun greeted me.
"Heol. Since when you called me Niel?", I gave him a menacing stare.
"Uh, why are you so hostile... I just called you the way Byunghun-hyung called you", he giggled and followed me outside.
"Or... you mind if I called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter