Chapter 12 (part one)

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung... hyung...", Daniel waved his hand in front of Byunghun whose head was lying soullessly on the kitchen table. The lunchbox that filled with his breakfast was practically ignored. He just watched the outside window with his empty gaze. That picture of Daniel wearing suit in the dressing room two days ago still often popped into his mind.

"Hyung... yah, you should finish your breakfast", Daniel shook his hyung's shoulder.
Byunghun just dodged away. What so bothering about that picture of Daniel wearing suit is the scene of him kissing his junior. Only sadness that could be concluded afterwards. That suffocation of not able to stop the time and pulled Daniel away from that careless kiss, and the envy... oh the envy. The envy of someone who couldn't even justify his own feelings.
"Aish... what's wrong with you", Daniel shove a spoonful of cereal into his own mouth.
Byunghun tried to sat up straight and took another bite of his unappetizing breakfast.
"I could make you another breakfast if you want", said Daniel, tried to show his moody hyung some care.
"No... it's alright", Byunghun smiled to the ground and hesitantly put the olive into his mouth and chewed it slowly.

"How do you feel today?", Daniel sighed and observed Byunghun hand casually.
"Quite good", Byunghun nodded and pulled his hand back, put it between his thighs.
"When will you laundry my sweater really, it's been a week you wore that", Daniel asked to cheer up the conversation.
"Hummm I still want to wear it", replied Byunghun short. His gloomy expression left Daniel puzzled.
"Hh, today's weather is nice. It's sunny outside... but why is it so somber here...", Daniel sneered at his hyung.
Byunghun just looked up to his dongsaeng unsurely. That sadness slowly turned into hate perhaps. Daniel's hopeless attempt to lift up the atmosphere delivered nothing. Byunghun checked his mobile when he realized Soojoo had texted him series of meeting request. They texted since yesterday, Soojoo asked him to be her prewed photographer but Byunghun refused, he should take care of his health more. But Soojoo kept pushing him, and finally they agreed to meet today at 1PM in a traditional Korean restaurant near A station, keeping it faraway from the Elixir, so they won't meet Daniel by any chance.

The weather was sided with Soojoo, then..., thought Byunghun as he looked to the sky.
"Hyung, would you accompany me to the convenient store? We ran out of milk", asked Daniel, putting the finished bowl into the sink.
"Ah, w-where?", Byunghun turned off his mobile's monitor in hurry.
"The usual convenient store, just accross the street", said Daniel, quietly wondered why his hyung was so nervous about it.
"Now?", Byunghun took a glance to the clock. Still 10 in the morning.
"Yeah... Whenever you're ready", said Daniel, sat back in front of Byunghun.

"Humm... alright then", Byunghun smiled.
"What is it?", Daniel chuckled at Byunghun who held his mobile tightly.
"Ng? nothing...", Byunghun slipped his mobile into his pajama pants' pocket.
"Finish your breakfast", Daniel ordered Byunghun. He just shook his head.
"Hahahaha... it tastes awful huh... ew, even the smell is awful", Daniel tossed the lunchbox away from him.
"Tsk. Leave it alone!", Byunghun exclaimed.

Daniel just stared at him with rather frightened stare. Byunghun bit his lips and ran to the bed room.
"I'll change my clothes, on the way there let's go to the laundry", said Byunghun solemnly.
"Yah, y-you can wear that sweater as long as you want", Daniel grinned, didn't sure how to react to Byunghun's moody response.
"It's alright, I'll wear another one", Byunghun closed the bed room door. He took off Daniel's sweater furiously, threw it to another side of the room and opened the closet to pick another sweater. He never had a turtle neck before, because they're ugly... little he know that a turtle neck could be that comfortable. Or is it Daniel's scent that lingers every time he sunk his nose in it. He saw himself on the closet mirror. He always hate that small figure that looked back at him. He saw his vines just beneath his pale skin. Are those blood mutating themselves right now?

Byunghun put his flanel shirt and oversized mustard sweater on, he picked the cream turtle neck from the floor and dropped his body on the bed. He closed his eyes. It's getting harder to see Daniel's face every day. Why does he still remain there, isn't all this thing just scarred him deeper. He sensed the tears slowly gathered in his eyes.

"Hyung... let's go", Daniel opened the door.
"Uh? alright", Byunghun looked up so no tears would fall down. Daniel noticed his hyung's red eyes but say nothing. Most of the time Byunghun is still such a mystery for Daniel anyway. So, they spent their drive to the laundromat in awkward silence.

"Niel...", Byunghun muttered his dongsaeng's name.
"Um, hyung...", Daniel tried to keep a smile raised from his lips.
"How does a kiss taste like?", Byunghun looked at Daniel with his puppy eyes. Daniel almost pushed the brake because that question left him blank for a moment.

"W-what? yah, hyung... are you being so gloomy this morning wondering how a kiss taste like? HEOL! you never had a kiss before~? ah- ahahahaha", Daniel burst into l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter