Gayo..

Baby Girl

I stare at Suzy in disbelief. 

“I think we should talk alone. Follow me.” I say, standing up and leading the way to the bedroom. Mark goes to get up too but I stop him. “All of you stay here.” 

Suzy goes into the room and I follow her, closing the door behind me. 

“Have a seat.” I say, pointing to the bed. Suzy looks around. How awkward must she feel seeing all the photos of Mark and I scattered around the room. I stay standing start pacing up and down. “How far along are you?”

“3 months.” she says, keeping her eyes on her hands that are in her lap. I stop pacing.

“It’s Marks?” I don’t really want to know the answer to that but it’s the only explanation as to why she’s here. She doesn’t look up and I realise she’s crying. Head still down, she nods. 

“I think I’m going to be sick.” I say, grasping the edge of my dressing table. 

“I’m so sorry.” I compose myself. Taking a few deep breaths. Stress isn’t good for my babies. I move to sit beside Suzy and she shuffles away from me. 

“What are you going to do?” I ask her. 

“That’s why I’m here. What should I do? I don’t want to get rid of it. I’m against that kind of thing.” she says, tears flowing. 

“What do you want to do? You must have some idea otherwise you could have kept this from us and just lived comfortably with your baby.” Her head snaps up at that and she grabs my hands. 

“Give me Mark.” I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Did she really just ask for my husband?

“What?”

“Please. You don’t understand. I’m an idol too. If word gets out that I’m having a child without a father to help me care for it, it’s the end of my career. You’re a normal person, nobody is watching you.” I remove my hands from her grasp and stand up. 

“You want me to give you my husband?”

“Please.”

“You do realise we’re about to start a family too. We’re having twins for god’s sake! How can you ask me -”

Suzy drops to her knees. 

“Please. SoRa-ssi.”

“Stand up.” I say, not looking at her. But she stays on the floor. “I said get up!” 

Suzy flinches and stands. 

“Bring me proof.”

“W-What?”

“Bring me proof that that child inside you is Mark’s.”

“If I do, will you give him to me.”

“I’ll decide that later.” I walk away from her, towards the door. I take a deep breath before opening the door. When I do, seven bodies fall into the room. I look at them all as they scurry to stand. 

“What did you hear?” I hiss. 

“Noona?” says Bam Bam, confused by my tone.

“What did you hear?!” I yell. They all flinch. 

“Nothing! Nothing. We heard nothing.” says Jackson. Mark steps towards me and I step back. 

“We really couldn’t hear anything SoRa. Why? What did she say?” he asks. I turn around to Suzy. 

“Unni. Sorry to be rude but I think you should leave now. I will call you later.”

Suzy nods and runs past us, head down. Once she leaves I let out a breath. Mark comes towards me and puts a hand on my arm.

“Hey, what happened in there?” I smack his arm off of me and walk in to the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water and gulping it down. 

“SoRa, is everything okay?” JB asks. 

I pour myself another glass and go to drink it but Mark stops me, taking the glass out of my hands. 

“Tell us what happened SoRa!” he yells. 

“She’s pregnant too!” I yell back. Some of the members gasp and Mark’s grip on the cup he was holding loosens and I watch as the glass falls, shattering on the floor. 

“ Mark!” as I grab a tea towel and start to wipe the floor. 

“Noona. I’ll do it, you shouldn’t be bent down like that.” says Jackson, coming forward and taking the tea towel out of my hands. 

“Thank you, Jackson.”

“Is it -” starts Jr. but YoungJae nudges him, stopping him. 

“We’re going to find out.” I say. Mark is frozen. Jackson finishes clearing up the broken glass and walks into the living room, the others following him. I sigh and I go to follow them too, but Mark stops me. 

“I’m sorry.”

“You say that a lot.” I say, pulling my arm out of his grip and joining the others. 

“Can you guys sleep over tonight?” I ask as I go to sit on the couch between JB and Bam Bam. 

“Of course, Noona!” says Bam Bam and I smile at him. He’s always been the mood maker. Whenever there’s tension in the house he will always be the first to smile. 

“What did she say to you?” Mark finally decides to join us. 

“She’s 3 months along.”

“It’s not mine.” he says, shaking his head.

“I don’t think it is either. We’ll have to wait to find out though.” I run my hands through my hair. “When we go for our next appointment I want you to get a blood test done.” Mark nods. “Now. I don’t want to think about it. I don’t want to think about anything. Let’s put a movie on.”

“Babe, I think we should talk about this.”

“Don’t ‘babe’ me. The fact that there’s even a possibility that the child in her womb is yours makes me so mad I could explode.” he looks down. “We were finally happy, Mark. Now I have to deal with this? I have two babies to nurture in my body right now. I do not have the energy to deal with another one of your scandals.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I won’t want to hear it.” I get up and go to the TV, crouching down to open the drawers of the TV unit to choose a movie. 

“Noona. Go sit down and tell me what you want to watch. You shouldn’t be crouching like that remember.” says YuGyeom. I smile thank fully at him.

“You know I’m not quite at that stage yet.”

“Yeah but you have two tiny babies in there so you have to be extra careful.” says Jr. 

“Yes Mum!” I say, making the others laugh. Mark is still standing in the door way watching me. I look at him and give him a small smile. “Yi En-Ah. Are you going to join us?” He nods and slowly makes his way towards the rest of us and places himself on the floor by my legs. 

I hardly ever use his Chinese name but when I do it means I’m serious. The first time I told him I love him, I called him by his Chinese name. As far as I know, I’m the only one that does use that name. In this case, I kind of felt bad for snapping at him so using his Chinese name was a way of saying sorry. 

“What do you want to watch, Noona?” asks Bam Bam.

“Let’s watch something scary!” says Jackson. 

“No! What if Noona get’s so startled that the babies come out?” We all look at YuGyeom. “What?” We all burst out laughing at his innocence. He still looks confused as we continue discussing what to watch. 

We decide to watch my favourite, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Half way through the movie I realise that JB, Jr and YoungJae are asleep. Jackson is falling asleep, head bobbing back and forth before he bolts upright and pays attention again. The two maknaes are immersed in the movie, eyes fixed on the screen. Mark rests his head on my knee and I run my hands through this hair. I don’t know if he’s still awake or not but I continue watching the movie, mouthing along to the songs. 

When the movie ends, Bam Bam gets up and turns the light on, while YuGyeom takes the DVD out and turns the TV off. When Bam Bam turns the light on the older members stir. They wake up one-by-one. 

“Mark.” I say as he sits up and rubs his eyes. “Go get the blankets and pillows for the boys.”

“It’s okay. I’ll go get them.” says Bam Bam and he scurries off. 

“Okay guys get some rest.” I say, “Mark sweety, can you help me up? My knee is sore from being bent for so long. Not to mention the upper part being numb from your head laying on it.”

He quickly stands up and hold his hands out to me. I grab his hands and pull myself up. He slips an arm around my waist and holds me up as I stretch out my legs. 

“Goodnight boys.” I say, as Bam Bam lays out a blanket and JB lies down on it straight away. I laugh at the sight and let Mark lead me into the room. He helps me into bed and then lays down to face me. We stare at each other for a while and then Mark raises his hand to caress my cheek. I close my eyes at the contact and when I open them again I see a tear drop from Marks eye and fall between his head and the pillow. My eyes widen at the realisation that he’s crying.

“Yi En-ah.”

“I’m so sorry baby girl.” he cries. I snuggle closer to him putting my arm around so I can pat his back, trying to comfort him. “Why are you so good to me?”

I pull back and look him in the eyes. I cup his face in my hands. 

“I refuse to believe that baby is yours until it’s been proven. Until then, I’m not going to think about it.” 

“What do I do if it is?” he asks, crying harder. 

I hug him again and softly pat his head. “Don’t think about it.” 

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer. Eventually he cries himself to sleep in my arms. 

 

A week later and I’m waiting for Mark at the doctors. He comes out of a room with a piece of cotton attached on the inside of his arm. 

“All done?” I ask him. He purses his lips and nods. 

Right then a nurse calls my name. Perfect timing. I take Mark’s hand and we go into the doctors office. 

He asks the usual questions and then we get ready for the ultrasound. 

I love these appointments. It makes me so happy to see my children growing inside of me. The doctor tells me they’re healthy and everything is progressing normally. We thank the doctor and leave. As we get into the car Mark’s phone rings.

“Hello?” I hear him say as I fasten my safety belt. “Now? Okay, I’ll just drop SoRa off first and then I’ll come. Ok. Bye.”

“Who was that?” I ask as soon as he hangs up.

“JB. They’re going to practice today and asked me to come.”

“You don’t have to drop me off. We’re closer to the company now anyways. I’ll just come and watch, if that’s okay.” Mark looks at me.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

He hesitates for a second and then starts the car. 

Not long after we arrive at JYPE. We head up to GOT7’s practice room and the guys greet me as if they haven’t seen me in months. 

“Are the babies going to be okay with the loud music, Noona?” YuGyeom asks while they’re warming up. 

“It’ll be fine. If it gets uncomfortable for me I’ll go for a walk.” 

 

“I hope you guys are practicing properly. The next stage must be perfect. No mistakes.” JYP enters the room. GOT7 stand straight and bow at their boss. I try to stand up quickly and Bam Bam notices, he quickly runs over to help me stand. 

“Thanks Bam Bam.” I say. I turn to where JYP is now standing and bow slightly. “Hello, sir. It’s been a while. How have you been?”

“Oh! SoRa-ssi! I’m sorry I didn’t see you there. I’ve been well.” He walks over and holds his hand out for me to shake. I take it and after letting go he looks at my belly. “Whoa. You’re coming along well. Twins right?” I nod. “Congrats. Congrats.” He turns around to GOT7 and the smile disappears from his face. “Go again. I want to see.”

The music starts again as JYP moves to the mirror, standing in front of the members as they practice. I sit back down and bob my head along to the music. They make it through the song and wait for JYP’s verdict. He nods once. 

“Good. Keep practicing.” He goes to leave but then stops and looks at me. “You must be bored SoRa-ssi. Would you like to join me in my office for tea?”

I look at Mark and he shrugs. “Okay.” I say, following him out, sending a glance back at Mark before closing the door. 

I sit in the office with a cup of tea in front of me. JYP sits across for me and the awkwardness in the air is stifling. I wonder if he knows about Suzy, but I don’t dare ask. 

“Have some tea.” Finally the silence is broken. I nod at JYP before picking up the cup and taking a sip. “Is it okay?” 

“It’s fine, thank you.” I say. Maybe if I drink this faster I can leave just as fast. 

There’s a knock at the door and a man comes in with what looks like a bouquet of flowers, but the flowers don’t look quite right. JYP stands up and takes the bouquet off the man. He offers them to me. 

“I didn’t get to thank you properly about the statements last time.”

“You didn’t have to.” I say, taking the bouquet from him. I touch the flowers and they’re made out of cotton.

“They’re baby clothes. Rolled to look like flowers. Neat huh?” he says. My eyes widen at the realisation. No wonder they looked weird. 

“Oh! Now I get it. Thank you, sir.”

“That’s okay. You don’t know if you’re having boys or girls yet though do you? That’s why I got white and cream ones. Neutral.” 

“Yeah. We want to find out when they’re born. Hopefully it’s one girl and one boy.” I say. 

We continue conversing about GOT7’s plans in the future and he says he will try to give them a bit of a break around the time the baby is due so that Mark can be there for the birth as well as the first few months of his children’s lives. 

After some time the tea is finished and we’ve run out of topics to talk about. I excuse myself and head back to the training room. As I reach there I can’t hear any music playing so I assume that they’re taking a break. I knock before entering and go in to fins them all in a circle in the middle of the room. But it isn’t just GOT7 in the room. 

Mark quickly stands up and comes to me. “What did you and the boss talk about?” 

“Nothing much. He gave us baby clothes.” I said showing him the bouquet. “Hello. It’s been a very long time.” I greet Miss A, who are sitting in the circle with GOT7. Suzy doesn’t meet my eyes, and it seems like the others can’t greet me easily either. YuGyeom gets a chair and places it where Mark was sitting. 

“Noona. Here.” he says. 

“Thanks maknae.” Mark says to him and we all sit down. There is tension in the air as they all exchange glances with each other. 

“If I interrupted something I can go back out and I’ll come back when you’re done talking.” I say, thinking they might have been in the middle of a very important conversation before I came in. 

“No no. It’s okay.” says Miss A’s Jia. “We were just discussing the collaboration stage we’ll be doing at the Gayo this year.” 

“It sounds like fun!” I say. Mark rests his arm on my legs while they continue discussing the performance. Every single one of them glanced at me at least once while they were talking and I felt like an outcast. 

I look at Suzy and then I wonder, how will she do the Gayo? It’s not for another 4 months. By then she’s going to be 7 months along and her stomach will be huge. Maybe she hasn’t told them yet. 

Eventually they stop talking and Miss A leaves. 

“Maybe we should stop for the day. SoRa needs to rest now.” says JB. 

“I’m fine Jae Bum. Keep practicing if you need to.”

“No no no. We can stop now.” says Jackson. I laugh at his eagerness to go home and they start to collect their things. Mark does the same and then takes my arm. 

“Let’s go.” he says. We say good bye to the other members and leave. 

Once in the car I turn to face Mark. 

“How is Suzy Unni going to do the Gayo?” 

“H-Huh? I don’t know what you mean.”

“By then she will be 7 months along. She can’t go on stage with a pregnant stomach.”

“Oh. .” It seems nobody thought about that. On the way home I decide to send a message to Suzy. 

To: Suzy Unni

We did the blood test today, let me know when you get the results. I wanted to ask you though, how will you do the Gayo in 4 months time? You’re going to start showing soon. 

I hesitate for a second before pressing send.

 

A/N: There's a bit of drabble in this section too.. I'm sorry!

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far though. I know I said I was going to get started with assignments but even I wanted to know where I would go with this so I decided to continue it. Hehe.

Thanks for the comments so far guys - they're motivating me to write more so keep them coming :)

 I don't really proofread before publishing so if there are any mistakes I apologise.

Love you all! xo