The Truth

Baby Girl

Later that night as Mark and I are having dinner the doorbell rings. Mark gets up to open it and returns, head down. 

“Who -?” I see the woman following behind Mark and stand up. “Mum!” 

I go over to her as fast as I can and give her a hug. 

“How are you my beautiful girl?” 

“I’m great! A lot better now. Come and join us for dinner.” I lead her to sit down in the seat beside me. 

“I’ve already eaten, but you guys go ahead and finish.”

Mark has been pretty silent all day, and the arrival of my mother doesn’t make any difference. I see my mum watch Mark every now and then while we talk. Once dinner is done we migrate to the living room. My mum sits beside me holding my hand. She asks about the pregnancy and about our latest check-ups. 

“I have to go to practice. Sorry Mum. Feel free to stay the night if you want.” Mark bows to my Mum before leaving, glancing at me only slightly. As soon as he has left my Mum turns to face me. 

“What’s going on with you?”

“What do you mean, Mum? We’re fine.”

“No you most certainly are not. I know that I raised you well but to raise your husbands lovechild?”

“How do you-?”

“Mark came over yesterday. He was absolutely distraught. We asked him what happened and he said he accidentally got another woman pregnant and that you were going to raise that child.”

“So that’s where he was yesterday.” She lightly hits my arm.

“That’s not the point. Why are you doing this? It’s not easy to raise children SoRa. You’re having twins.”

“I’ll just think that I have triplets.”

“And what happens when the kids grow up? How will you explain to them that they have different mothers?” 

“Mum, it’ll be fine. Let’s just hope they all resemble Mark.” I say shrugging. My mum sighs. 

“You take after your father, do you know that?”

“What did he say?”

“Mark was on his knees crying as he told us. He was apologizing and begging for forgiveness. Your Dad got down on his knees and cried with him. They sat there on the floor crying in each others arms. Once they finally settled down your Dad said to let you do what you want. You know what you’re capable of and you wouldn’t have even thought of raising that child if you didn’t think you could handle it.” My eyes start to well up and my Mum puts an arm around me. “We’re so proud of you, you know that?”

“I’ll be a good Mum, right? I’m not making the wrong decision am I?”

“Are you regretting making the offer?” I shake my head. “Then you’re making the right decision.”

 

I feel suffocated in the house so I ask my Mum to drop me off at JYPE on her way home, getting food for the guys on the way. I go up to GOT7’s practice room and knock, before entering. They’re all sitting in a circle in the middle of the room. 

“Sorry. Am I interrupting?” They all look so tense I feel like I walked in on an argument. 

“No, no. Come in, Noona.” says Jackson running up to me and taking the food. 

“What brings you here?” asks JB. 

“I was feeling stuffy at home, so I asked my Mum to drop me off.”

“You should have called me first.” Mark says. 

“Why? Noona can come whenever she wants, she is family.” I smile at YuGyeom and he gives me one of his cutest eye-smiles. Mark stands up and glares in YuGyeom’s direction. I may be seeing things but I swear YuGyeom is glaring back. He then leaves the room without another words. I watch, mouth open.

“What just happened?” I ask, looking at JB, thinking the leader would fill me in. Instead it’s Jr. that answers me. 

“He’s having a bit of a hard time with.. you know.. everything.”

“Which I don’t understand because the only one with the right to act all moody is you, Noona.” says YuGyeom. I smile at him.

“That’s nice and all maknae, but I really don’t have a problem with any of this.”

“Yeah, Mark hyung told us. You said you’ve accepted everything. Are you really okay though?” I look at JB and nod, reassuring him. 

“So, is anyone else going to eat?” We all turn around to the forgotten Jackson who’s already started eating the food I bought. We all laugh and move over to join him. 

The door slams open and we all jump, turning around to see a fuming JYP.

“Where is he?” We all quickly stand up, Jr. helping me. 

“Who, sir?” JB asks. 

“Mark. Where is he?” he looks around the room and his eyes land on me. “SoRa-ssi!” he immediately relaxes and tries to hide his anger. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realise you were here.”

“Is everything okay, sir?” JYP sighs. 

“Suzy just came to see me. I’m guessing you all know what she came to see me about. I admire your spirit SoRa-ssi but I don’t know if I can ask you to take such responsibility. Especially since I made you clean up the mess from the scandal last time.”

“You don’t have to ask me, sir. I am volunteering.”

“That doesn’t make me feel any better.”

Right at that moment Mark appears behind JYP. He stands in the doorway kind of confused. JYP turns around and his anger resurfaces.

“You. Get in here.” Both of them enter the room and Mark stands near me, facing JYP. “I thought we were past your scandal. But just now Suzy comes to see me and she tells me she’s pregnant with YOUR child! It’s a miracle no one has caught on yet. We’ve already had to postpone your comeback!”

“I’m sorry, sir!” Everyone turns to look at me as I stand there, bowing and lowering my head as far as I can. “This is all because of me. Please don’t be mad at Mark.”

“Yah. Stand up.” Mark hisses at me.

“Sora-ssi. Please stand up. This isn’t your fault at all. If anything you are the victim.” I stand. 

“Sir, you don’t need to postpone the comeback. You can go ahead as planned. My health is actually getting better now and I don’t need Mark to look after me every day. He can continue with his schedules as planned.”

“Sora.” I ignore Mark and keep my eyes on JYP. He’s clearly taken aback by my interference in the matter. 

“O-O-Okay. If you say so Sora-ssi. I feel like I can’t say no to you because of all of this.” I smile at him and bow. 

“Thank you, sir.” He turns around and leaves. 

“Follow me.” Mark grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the training room. We go all the way up to the roof top before he lets go. “What are you doing?”

“What do you mean?” I look at my wrist which has turned red and rub it to cool it down. 

“Why are you doing all of this? You expect me to be able to work with all of this going on?”

“I heard you went to my parents place yesterday?” Mark goes to say something but he stops himself. I walk towards him and wrap my arms around him. “We’re going to get through this. I’ll make sure of it.I don’t want you to worry about anything and you just do what you love doing, okay?” 

When he doesn’t answer I look up at him and see tears falling from his eyes. He turns his head so I that I can’t see. I take his face in my hands and turn him to face me. I wipe the tears, before placing a soft kiss on both of his eyes. 

“I’m doing this so we can be happy together. So no more crying, okay?” He finally looks me in the eyes before pulling me into a hug. He buries his face in my hair before pulling away. He leans in to kiss me and I kiss him back. When we pull away we realise we aren’t alone on the rooftop. We turn to find Suzy, watching us. 

“I’ve decided.” she says, just loud enough for us to hear. I walk towards her and she gasps as I pull her into a hug. 

“You’re taking me up on my offer right?”

“How did you know?” I let her go. 

“When the boss said you went to talk to him I figured it was so that he can keep your pregnancy a secret and that you wanted to continue your career after giving birth. Am I right?” she nods. 

“Wait.” Mark pulls me away from Suzy, standing between us. “Before we agree to anything I want to ask you something. Is that baby really mine?”

Suzy’s eyes widen. “O-Of course it is. Y-You saw the results.”

“But my memory of that day doesn’t add up. I’m pretty sure both of us were still dressed in the morning.” Suzy looks away. I step forward making Mark step aside so that I am facing her. 

“Unni. It is Mark’s right? You haven’t been lying to us this whole time, have you?” Suzy wraps her arms around herself. 

“If it isn’t Mark’s are you not going to take it?” she looks at me with tears forming in her eyes. I don’t even know whether they’re real or not.

My fists clench. All my pent up anger and stress come to the surface and I do something for the first time in my life. I punch Suzy, the nation’s first love, in the face.

 

A/N: Okay, this is it. There's one more chapter. The question is.. when should I post it.. Muahahaha I was originally gonna post it straight away but I think I want to see what you guys think about this before posting it. Your comments may make me change the ending. 

So, let me know what you guys think. I feel it's kind of rushed but I don't know how much longer I can drag this out. 

Hope I haven't disappointed anyone with the way this is going :/

Thank you all again! 

xo