The Other Girl

Baby Girl

Mark’s POV

I slowly open my eyes. Yesterday seems like a dream. I thought I was dead meat for sure when I came home and saw that my wife had seen the article about that night. I had only just found out about it too, on the way home when Bam Bam was searching our names in the car. 

To be honest I can’t even remember what happened that night. It was a month ago when after we finished filming our latest music video we went out to celebrate and I must have drunk too much. I woke up the next morning next to the female lead of our video - Suzy. I don’t even know if we did anything, but I assumed the worst and we both vowed to never speak of it again. That is until last night. 

But my wife, SoRa, is great. She practically let it go. I feel so bad but she also told me she’s pregnant! I feel guilty for being so happy but I can’t help it. We both know people have been talking about our relationship for a while. Netizens were even starting to say something was wrong with her because we she hadn’t conceived in four years. It’s bad of me to say this but the timing of her pregnancy couldn’t have been better. 

I turn my head to look at SoRa. She’s so beautiful. I can’t believe she’s put up with me all this time. I can’t even imagine how hard it is to be home alone a majority of the time. We’ve gotten so busy in the last couple of years that we hardly have time for each other anymore. I can’t remember the last time we went out on a date. 

I stare at my wife and take in all of her features. Her eyes flicker and I can feel her stretching her legs under the blanket. I quickly close my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I hear her groan as she stretches her whole body. Then she exhales and I can feel her settle back into her pillow. It’s quiet and I wonder if she’s gone back to sleep. But then I feel her breath on my face, followed by the feeling of her soft lips on mine. She whispers ‘I love you’ and then I feel the bed bounce as she gets up. 

I open my eyes as the bedroom door shuts. Man, I am so lucky. I wish we could be this happy forever. 

 

SoRa’s POV

I go into the kitchen to get breakfast ready for Mark. It was a pretty emotional night last night but I’m fairly willing to let it go. As I’m waiting for the pan to heat a sudden realisation hits me. I’m not married to just anyone. I’m married to GOT7’s Mark. An idol. More importantly, I’m not the only one who saw that article. JYP must have seen it and he’s going to have to deal with the aftermath of it. I make a mental note to ask Mark about it later. 

Right as I finish making breakfast and have set the table, Mark comes out freshly showered. He has a towel to his hair and boy does he look y. But I can’t give in to him so easily. So I just greet him with a casual ‘Good Morning’ and pour him a coffee before setting it down on the table. He sits down, placing the towel on the back of the chair. 

“How’d you sleep?” he asks me. 

“Fine.” I say, not glancing at him. He takes the hint and starts eating. 

There’s an unbelievably awkward silence in the room and I figure now’s a good time to ask him about the article. Right as I open my mouth to ask him his phone rings. He looks at the screen and then looks at me before picking it up. He turns away from me and covers his mouth as if having a secret conversation. 

“Yes sir.” he says, and then hangs up. 

He takes a deep breath. 

“When you’re done eating, have a shower and then get ready.”

I look at him, not saying anything. 

“JYP wants to see us both.”

Oh. 

 

We arrive at the JYPE building and I put my hand in Mark’s, nervous about seeing the big boss himself. He gives my hand a squeeze and leads the way inside. We head straight to his office and Mark knocks on the door. We here a ‘come in’ and Mark turns the doorknob. We enter the big room and I all of a sudden feel a lot smaller than I already am. 

“Ah, it’s been a while SoRa-ssi. Please have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?” he says standing up to greet me. He leaves his desk and leads us to the couches in the middle of the room. 

“No, thank you. I’m okay.” I say politely. He smiles at me, then turns and glares at Mark. 

“You. Sit.” his tone is completely different to the way he was talking to me. I let go of Mark’s hand and sit down, Mark sitting beside me. JYP sits across from us, smiling at me but glaring every time he turns to Mark. 

“I think you both know why I called you here today.” he begins. I nod. 

“I’m sorry to put you through this SoRa-ssi but we have had nonstop phone calls from every single News company in Seoul. We need to sort out a way to deal with this article ASAP.”

“It’s okay, sir. We had a reporter call home yesterday and SoRa dealt with it.” Mark says, earning a glare from JYP again.

“You let your wife deal with your mess?” he says.

“I just told them it wasn’t an affair and I knew that Mark was meeting Unni that day.” I say, turning JYP’s attention to me instead. 

“I’m sorry you had to do that SoRa-ssi. If it was me I would have made him sleep out on the streets.” 

“Trust me, she would have done the same thing.” says Mark, trying to lighten the mood, this time gaining a glare from both JYP and me. He clears his throat and looks down. “Sorry.”

“Sir, I think you should know something.” I say. He turns and smiles at me again, as angelic as ever.

“What is it?”

“I’m pregnant.” his eyes widen and a big smile spreads across his face. 

“That’s great news SoRa-ssi!” He stands up pulling me into an awkward hug over the table. “I’m so happy for you. If only we didn’t have to deal with this mess, huh?” he says, glaring at Mark again. 

“Now, I know this must be difficult for you, especially since the other party is also a part of our company but -”

“Sir.” I interrupt him. “I’m sorry. I don’t know what you want to say but I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make this settle down. Just let me know what you want me to do and I will do it.” Mark takes my hand and squeezes it. JYP sighs.

“Very well. First off, keep to that story you’ve told, about knowing Mark was meeting Suzy that night.” I nod. “We may write up an official statement to put up on the homepage under your name.” I nod again. “Mark, you might have to put up an official statement too. I still need to talk to Suzy, but we may be able to settle this all with an official statement from every one of you.” 

There’s a knock at the door. 

“Who is it?” asks JYP as we all turn our heads to the door. My heart almost stops, as none other than Suzy herself walks into the room. 

“You wanted to see me?” she says. It takes her a second to realise that Mark and I were also in the room. When she does her eyes widen. I stand up and bow. 

“Hello, Unni.” I say. She’s clearly taken aback, not sure what to do with my casual greeting. 

“Oh? Oh.. Yeah.. Hi.” she stutters. 

“Good. We can discuss this together. Come and have a seat.” says JYP, indicating the only spare seat left that’s across from him - the one next to Mark. 

I keep my eyes on JYP, knowing Mark and Suzy are watching me. She sits down, leaving a considerable amount of space between the two. 

“Where do I even begin?” says JYP, running his hand through his hair. 

“You were talking about each of us writing an official statement, sir.” I say, completely composed. I can feel three sets of eyes on me. “If you want I can personally write my statement and then everyone can match theirs to it.” 

“SoRa-yah,” says Mark. 

“Will you be okay with that?” asks JYP. I nod. 

“Sir, I don’t think-” 

“What about you Suzy? Would you be able to match your statement to SoRa-ssi’s?” he asks, cutting Mark off. Suzy looks at me then looks back at JYP and nods. 

“Then it’s settled.” says JYP clapping his hands. “Thank you SoRa-ssi and I apologise again for what you have to go through because of this.” he holds out his hand for me to shake. I take it. 

“It’s fine, sir. I will send you my statement tomorrow.” 

“If it’s okay with you I’d like to talk to these two alone.” he says, indicating Mark and Suzy. 

“By all means.” I say, leaving the room. Once I’m out of that office I collapse onto a nearby chair. The amount of tension that was in that room was horrifying. I don’t even know if I’m meant to be mad at Suzy or not. I don’t know about anything anymore. I quickly compose myself and sit quietly, waiting for Mark to come out. 

20 minutes later and the door opens. 

“Maybe we should talk.” says Suzy. She is alone, which means Mark is still in there with JYP. I sigh. 

“I really don’t know what to say to you Unni.” 

“Why are you being so cool about all of this?” she asks, sitting beside me. 

“Because I honestly do not have the energy to fight with Mark over this. We’re about to start a family and I’m not going to ruin that because of one scandal.” 

“Do you really trust him that much?”

“Of course. He’s my husband.”

“What if he did it again?” I look at her. What is she talking about? Why would she even suggest that? I look into her eyes and she looks so innocent but there’s something else there. I can’t figure out what it is. I look away.

“I honestly don’t know Unni. I’m only just making it through this scandal. I don’t know what will happen if there’s another one.”

The door opens and Mark comes out. He sees Suzy sitting next to me and his eyes widen. 

“SoRa let’s go.” he says, taking my hand and pulling. I hastily bow to Suzy and let him drag me to the car.

 

 

A/N: Gahhh! I don't even know! This could go so many ways.. I don't know why I chose Suzy either - forgive me! She's just the first girl I though of and I figured it would make things more interesting since they're in the same company and all.. 

Let me know what you guys think yeah? 

Will update again soon! 

xoxo