I chose you

Baby Girl

Sora’s POV

I wake up in the morning to find the space beside me empty. I’m sure that he came home last night and brought me to the room. There are no sound coming from the bathroom, so he isn’t in there. I get up and leave the bedroom. He isn’t in the living room, or the kitchen. I check the kids room and he isn’t in there either. I go into the kitchen and I find food on the table, covered by a table cloth with a note attached.

I had to leave early for practice. 

I’m sorry. For everything. 

Let’s talk when I get home. 

I love you. 

Yi-En

 

He used his Chinese name. I go into the living room and realise the envelope and results aren’t there anymore. I don’t bother looking for them. Instead I sit at the table and eat the breakfast Mark prepared for me. 

After I eat, I have a shower and just when I step out the doorbell rings. I open the door and find Suzy standing there with her arms crossed. She pushes past me before I can offer to come inside. I wonder for a second how her attitude has changed since the last time I saw her.

I go into my living room and find her sitting on the couch, legs crossed. 

“You saw the results right?” 

“Yes. I did.” I look at her suspiciously. 

“So, when will you leave him?” she doesn’t even have an ounce of compassion in her voice. Where did the girl that cried and begged me for him go? Now she just assumes I’m going to give her my husband?

“I never said I would.”

“You said if I brought you proof you would give him to me.”

“I told you I would decide later.”

“Then decide now.” I can’t believe what she is saying to me. 

“I haven’t even spoken to Mark about this yet.”

“You don’t have to. Just leave him. I can take care of the rest.” 

“You haven’t even told the company yet. How do I even know that you haven’t staged this whole thing?” 

“Why would I do that? Have you even seen me before all of this happened? I will tell the company. But when I do I want to be able to tell them that the baby’s father is with me and will stay with me.” 

“Since when were you so selfish, Unni?”

“Please. That whole innocent image. It’s exactly that. An image.” 

I clench my fists. I’m at a loss for words and I start to feel dizzy. 

“Please leave.”

“What?”

“Leave. I will call you after I’ve talked to Mark.” she stands up.

“Don’t bother. I’ll come back tomorrow.” With that she leaves. I can’t see straight. I sit, stunned for I don’t know how long. I replay in my head everything that just happened. I get up and find my phone. I dial Mark’s number with trembling hands. I put the phone to my ear and it feels like the room is spinning so I grab onto the bedroom doorway, steadying my self. 

“Hello?”

“Mark, where are you? What time will you be home?”

“I’m just coming up now. Why? Is everything okay?” 

Instead of responding I hang up. Not two minutes later I hear a passcode being punched in and the door opens. Mark sees me leaning on the doorway and runs up to me. 

“SoRa! What’s wrong? Are you okay? Let’s go. I’ll take you to the hospital.”

I wave my hands at him. 

“Help me lie down.” I say, almost out of breath.

He takes me to the bed and I lie down. He runs out and returns with a glass of water. 

“Have some.” he says, supporting my back his tilts the cup to my lips. “He places the cup on the bedside table and helps me lay back down. He sits beside me, feeling my face for a fever. “What happened? Are you sure you don’t need to go to the hospital?”

“I’m fine. Just a little dizzy, that’s all.”

“Let’s go to the hospital. We need to make sure you and the kids are okay.”

“I’m fine.” He sighs. 

“What happened?”

“Unni came.”

“Why do you keep calling her that? She’s been nothing but trouble in our lives, there’s no need for you to be so formal with her?” I didn’t expect him to get mad at me. If anything I should be the one mad at him. “What did she want?”

“The same thing she wanted the last time she came here. You.”

“What?” 

“You saw the results, right?” he casts his eyes down and now I don’t even look at him. I just stare straight ahead of me. 

“I don’t believe it.” I sigh. “No, really. I’ve thought about this. All of this. None of it makes sense.”

“It really isn’t rocket science, Yi En.” 

“I don’t even remember what happened that night!”

“Don’t yell at me.” I say quietly. I don’t even have the energy to yell back.

“Sorry. But hear me out. I don’t remember anything. All I remember is waking up the next day and Suzy was there. It wasn’t even like in the dramas where we both undressed. I didn’t have a shirt on but I’m almost a hundred percent sure my pants were still on. Now how the hell could I have gotten her pregnant if my pants were still on?” 

“Why didn’t you say anything before now?” 

“I don’t know. Maybe because I couldn’t remember anything. When I woke up and saw her I assumed the worse and I left. We’ve never spoken about it before. I do my best not to see her unless I absolutely have to. What you said earlier, she said she wants me?” I nod. “That must be it then. This must all be her plan to get with me.”

I can’t help but smile at that. 

“What makes you think you’re so hot that Suzy would want you? She can have anyone she wants.”

“Now’s not the time to joke SoRa. She can have anyone she wants but she can’t have me. When we first started dating and we were a secret to everyone, Suzy asked me out.”

“How do you explain the test results then?” 

“She must have faked them. I don’t know.” 

“I want to sleep.”

Mark sighs. “Why aren’t you even angry at me? You haven’t said a word about the results. You haven’t said much about anything. Talk to me. Don’t bottle it up all the stress isn’t good for the babies.” 

“What do you want me to do Yi-En? Do you want me to tell you to choose? Between me and her? Or should I say between your children? Or should I use up all of my energy crying so that I’m more drained than I already am? What do you want me to do?” Mark is taken aback by my sudden outburst. I sigh and relax into the bed a bit more. “Do you know why she wants you? She said because I’m a normal person, no one cares what I do. But because she’s an idol her career will be finished if she becomes a single mum.” 

“That’s nonsense.”

“Do you know what’s even more nonsense? I find that to be a reasonable excuse. She has a point. We could always tell the press that you’ll be leaving me for her but because no one will be paying attention to me, you could still come here and help me with the twins. I’ll be due a couple of months before her anyway.”

“Don’t even joke about that.” I can tell he’s getting mad, but I am beyond thinking straight. I am so tired and stressed that I don’t even know or care what I’m saying. 

“I’m not joking. I can be like your mistress.” I giggle. Mark stands up, fists clenched. 

“I can’t believe you could even think of doing that to me.”

“Me? Do what to you? Save your career? It’s not only her career on the line but yours too. Who cares about me, I’m a normal person.”

“No you’re my wife! YOU are MY wife! YOU are having MY children and I’m not going anywhere! That’s final!” He’s never yelled at me like that before and I flinch as he emphasises his words. He breathes heavily before he looks at me and sighs. He runs his hand through his hair. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be getting mad at you but I don’t want to leave you. I chose you. I will always choose you.”

“But you have your responsibility as a father to that baby growing inside of Suzy.”

“Don’t give me that crap!” He kneels beside the bed and takes my hand in his. “Don’t push me away SoRa, please.” 

I try to sit up, realising this conversation isn’t going to end any time soon and when Mark realises he stands to help me. As I lift my upper body off the bed the room spins and I feel arms catch me right as I fall back and everything goes black. 

 

A/N: I'm trying to update as fast as I can. I apologise again for making Suzy such a in this - I really have nothing against her. 

I'm still trying to decide how to wrap this up. :/

Thank you to all of you for turning my oneshot into a full-blown story!

<3 xo