Here's an idea

Baby Girl

I open my eyes slowly and I feel a pain in my head as the bright lights pierce my vision. I can feel something on my hand and a weight beside me. My vision adjusts and I’m in a room I don’t recognise. I look around me and realise I’m laying on a hospital bed. There’s a drip in my hand and the weight beside me is Mark. He’s bent over on a stool with his head resting on his arm on my bed. He’s holding my hand. I give his hand a squeeze and he stirs. I try to say his name but my throat is dry and my voice doesn’t carry. I squeeze his hand again and this time he gets up, rubbing his eyes. His eyes widen as he realises what woke him up. 

“Hey.” he says, softly. “You scared me. How are you feeling?”

“What happened?” my voice is kind of husky and Mark gets me a glass of water. He places it on the table beside the bed and proceeds to raise the top half of the bed so that I’m in a seated position. I adjust myself to get more comfortable. He puts his arm around me while bringing the glass to my lips. I drink half of it in one go, not realising exactly how thirsty I was. 

“You passed out. The doctor said you must have experienced some kind of shock. He wants you to rest as much as possible. He told me to put you in a zero stress zone.”

“That’s going to be impossible” I say, leaning into him. 

“No it’s not. I’ve asked JYP for some time off to look after you. We’re postponing the comeback for a while. I did tell them to start promotions without me but the others don’t want to.”

There’s a knock at the door and the other 6 members of GOT7 trail in. Carrying flowers and teddy bears. More importantly JB has food. My stomach growls as the smell reaches my nose. When was the last time I ate?

They each say their hellos and hand me their presents, Mark taking them and placing them on the empty bed beside me. 

“I’m sorry you have to postpone your comeback.”

“It’s not your fault Noona.” says YuGyeom, “Besides, we wouldn’t be GOT7 with 6 people now would we?” 

JB wraps an arm around the maknae, smiling at his words. “I got you some porridge. I figured you’d be hungry when you woke up.”

“Thanks, JB. I’m actually starving.” Mark pulls the tray out and places the porridge in front of me. He scoops a handful and goes to feed me. I take the spoon off of him. “I didn’t break my arms, Mark.” I say, smiling. 

The guys start chatting and mucking around while I eat and I almost forgot what stressed me out so much to the point of fainting until the door opens again. We all turn to see who it is, thinking it’s the doctor but of course, with my luck, it’s Suzy. She walks in, arm crossed. I remember the day before when she came to the house. Now she’s even at the hospital. She just won’t give me a break, will she? 

Almost as if on instinct Mark stands up and puts himself between me and Suzy. The other members step closer to the bed as well, forming a barrier so that Suzy can’t get too close. She just seats herself on the bed beside me. 

“What are you doing here?” Mark says, fists clenching. I place my hand on his, trying to calm him down. Suzy sees this and then looks at me. 

“I told you I’d come today. Have you decided?” 

“Decided what? Is this about me?” Mark looks at me and I nod. “What am I? An object you can just pass around the room? We’re married Suzy and I don’t plan on letting that change any time soon.”

Suzy doesn’t even glance in Mark’s direction. Instead she keeps staring at me. Speaking to me only. 

“I take it your ‘talk’ with him didn’t go well.”

“Don’t talk like I’m not here, Suzy.”

“Did you think that just because you’re in hospital now that I would let it go? What about my baby? Who’s going to take care of it?” She stands up, taking a step towards me. All the GOT7 members shift. “Did you think, just because these kids -” she motions to GOT7, “are here that I would back down?” 

“I haven’t decided yet.” I say, looking her confidently in the eyes. She squints and I can tell Mark is staring at me. 

“I told you I would come today.”

“Yes well, in case it wasn’t obvious, half of my deciding time was taken away.” 

“Stop making excuses.”

“That’s enough.” I look at Mark, but Suzy keeps her eyes on me. “I think you need to leave. There’s no ‘decisions’ to be made here. I’m staying with my wife and that’s final.”

Suzy slowly turns her head to finally look at Mark. “So, you stay with her and when word gets out that you got another woman pregnant. What do you suppose happens then? I heard you are postponing you’re comeback, how long do you think it’ll be pushed back by if the press finds out about our little situation?”she snickers, “Who knows, you may even turn into GOT6.” 

I watch as Mark snaps. He lunges forward and grabs Suzy by the collar. JB, Jr, YoungJae and Jackson react, trying to pull him away from her. YuGyeom and Bam Bam watch, wide-eyed. I look at Suzy and she isn’t even scared. It’s like she doesn’t have a care in the world. 

“You stay away from us, do your hear me?! Do you think I’m the only one that will go down if the press finds out?! No! You’re career will crash and burn too!”

“Mark.”

“Stay away from my wife! I swear if her health gets worse because of you I will make every single day of your life a living hell!”

“YI-EN!” 

He loosens his grip on Suzy’s shirt and the four boys pull him away and return him to my side, Jackson and JB keeping a hand on him to make sure he doesn’t snap again. I swing my legs off the bed so that I can sit facing Suzy. 

“Here’s an idea. You want to continue your career right? After giving birth?” Suzy looks at me questioningly, before nodding. “Then have the baby. But give it to me.” Seven pairs of eyes turn to stare at me.

“What are you-?”

“It’ll be hard for you to continue your career and raise a child on your own. So give it to me. No one needs to know you’ve given birth and the child gets its father. Of course you’re welcome in it’s life too.”

“You would do that?” says Suzy, tilting her head. 

“I’m not giving you Mark, so this is the next best option.”

“Are you even going to discuss this with me first?” says Mark, sitting beside me. 

“You’re that child’s father, you shouldn’t need to think twice about raising it.” 

“Yeah but, you probably should.” I glare at him and he flinches before looking away. 

“So, what do you think?” Suzy tilts her a head in the opposite direction as if she’s thinking. “Take some time to think about it and get back to me. But for right now, can you please leave? I would like to get some rest.” 

Suzy stares at me for a few seconds before turning and leaving the room. I let out a deep breath and so do the others. 

“Noona, are you okay?” says Yugyeom, moving over to fluff the pillows for me as I go put my legs back up on the bed. “That was pretty cool of you.” I see Mark glare at him and he backs away. 

“What were you thinking? We’re having twins. Are you telling me that when the twins are only a couple of months old you’re going to bring in another new born?” Mark says, facing me. 

“They’re your kids, Mark.”

Mark opens his mouth to say something but Jr. cuts in. 

“Maybe we should leave too. You guys have a lot to talk about. We’ll come visit you at home once you’ve been discharged.” They all say their goodbyes and leave. Mark turns back to me. 

“I know they’re mine, but I know it’s bad but I won’t be around them as much as you will.”

“It’s fine.” I lean back into the pillows and close my eyes.

“No it’s not, SoRa. Stop trying to be the hero here and think about it again.” I open my eyes and glare at him. 

“Stop trying to be the hero?”

“That’s not what I meant. I just -”

“Yes, Mark. I’m trying to be the hero. I’m trying to save two careers by taking on more responsibility than I already have.” 

“Babe I-”

“Forget it. I thought you said I needed a stress-free zone. Call JYP tell him you’ll have your comeback as planned.”

“But -”

“I don’t need you to look after me. I stress more with you around.” I close my eyes and do my best to block out my surroundings. I really just want to be alone right now. I rest my hands on my pregnant belly and take comfort in the fact that there is life inside of me. I hear Mark sigh before he leaves the room. I open my eyes, making sure he is gone, before turning on my side and letting the tears spill.

 

A/N: Eek! How is it? I think SoRa is turning into one of those selfless drama leads that just suffers alone. Even though I'm the one writing and creating her, her words and actions just kind of flow and I don't have to think too much about it. But I read it back before posting it and I have no idea how things turned out the way they have. I'm not planning any of this out - but as a result I have two three possible endings in mind. and I don't know which one I'll end up writing. It could be a completely different one. 

Enough of that - THANK YOU all for your comments - I read every single one and I take all of your comments into consideration. (I was gonna make Suzy bribe a doctor for the results but I've decided against that now :P) 

Thank you for subscribing! You guys are the best! 

Much love to you all! xo