hachi

Hunted

Tracking was hard, especially tracking a very skilled hunter who has the instincts of keeping their own tracks hidden. The vampire brothers weren’t wolves so tracking Seojin was really hard. They needed help.

 

“we’re going around in circles. I don’t know if Seojin laid a trap for us so we can’t follow her or we’re just really bad at tracking.” Kai said as he sat down the grass. They’ve been at it for hours, they arrived back at their old place and went in the forests, Tao, Chanyeol and Xiumin led the search since they were there before. But nothing really helped them in looking for the hunter.

 

“what if the council found Seojin? And they sent a wolf to abduct her or something.” Kyungsoo stated. They saw Jungkook’s wolf tracks somewhere in the forest but of course they didn’t know it was his, they didn’t even know that one of the wolves still survived.

 

The wolf tracks Jungkook made ended at the edge of the forest, they could be anywhere by now and they didn’t know where to start. Chen was getting frustrated by the minute and even if the skies were bright cause of the sun, thunder could be heard in the distance.

 

“Chen calm down.” Suho said and patted his brother’s shoulder. Chen sighed and gave the elder a weary look, his eyes had been grey since the beginning of the search.

 

“if the council did take Seojin. Where would they take her?” Tao asked

 

“the council has a lot of places to go to.” Lay answered. The council has people on at least every part of the world, and Seojin could be taken to one of them, but which one?

 

“we need a tracker’s help. I know the closest place where we can find one.” Suho concluded and everyone agreed that getting a tracker would be much of a help in their search, so they all followed Suho who dashed away.

 

--

 

Seojin woke up to Jungkook nudging his head on her shoulder. The wolf fur irritated her but she woke up anyway and rubbed her eyes, only to glare at the small wolf beside her bed.

 

“what?” she asked, a lot annoyed at the fact that she was woken up. She looked outside the window of the room, it was still dark out.

 

“Minho called for you.” Jungkook growled and Seojin let out an irritated groan before standing up and looking for the tall councilman.

 

Seojin walked to the ballroom with Jungkook only to find it abandoned. The hunter growled and glared at the young wolf with blood red eyes, if there was one thing Seojin hated; it was being forced to wake up from her peaceful sleep.

 

“what the , I thought you said he was looking for me?” Seojin asked

 

“he is! He called me earlier to come get you!!” Jungkook replied with fear in his voice and eyes. He didn’t want to anger the hunter, that could be serious trouble.

 

“then where is----” Seojin stopped and looked around. Her eyes darted from left to right before he pushed Jungkook down and moved back to avoid an attack. Jungkook yelped but Seojin was back on her feet, looking around for the attacker. She felt a presence behind her so she turned and dodged in time; a kick was being aimed at her head.

 

Sudden rumbling came from all sides of the ballroom, then the walls started to lift up from the ground, revealing benches on high ground. Seojin looked around and noticed the change in the ballroom, it now looked like a mini arena.

 

“welcome Seojin.” Seojin turned to the voice and saw the blonde vampire; Key.

 

“what the is this?” she asked and looked around once more, there were vampires everywhere but they weren’t attacking her or anything, just plain watching.

 

“training. Let’s see if you really are as good as your father.” Naeun, another woman from the council replied with a devilish smirk. Seojin scoffed and rolled her eyes, whatever this is, she’s not going to back down.

 

“the rules are simple, survival of the fittest. Knockout your opponents, last one standing will win.” Key said while raising his right hand. Seojin turned to Jungkook and ordered him to stay in the stands and stay out of the fight.

 

“but!” Jungkook wanted to protest but then he was in by Taemin’s teleportation power.

 

“BEGIN.” Key said and the steel gates present in the arena started to open, there were a total of 7 gates and in each gate, lies dozens of Level X vampires the council has caught.

 

Level X Vampires are humans who are turned into vampires but cannot control their thirst for blood so they go on a killing rampage, they were popular way back in the old centuries but they were contained and making humans as vampires was forbidden ever since.

 

“you sure she can handle this?” Naeun asked and looked at Key who was just staring at the arena below, his long and black painted nails were reflecting the light from the chandelier, his composed look was topped with his bright blue eyes and blonde locks.

 

“she’s a hunter. She can handle anything, besides, those Level X’s needed to lessen anyway.” Key answered

 

“I thought we have all the Level X’s here in the mansion?” Bomi; who was just sitting quietly at first, asked the second in command.

 

“we do. But some of the clans that had betrayed us-----” Key stopped for a moment and looked at Taemin who frowned but remained fixated on the battle.

 

“------have been making humans into vampires as well, if they are not able to control them, they will turn into Level X.” Key continued

 

“a pureblood creating a Level X is something rare and forbidden, because when a pureblood passes power and blood to the human, the human is bound to be stronger ten times than the pureblood.” Minho appeared all of a sudden

 

“how was your travel?” Key asked

 

“they’re looking for her.” Minho replied and Taemin who heard immediately zoomed right next to the taller. Minho has been gone for a few hours to go and look for Seojin’s past companions and he was the one who meddled with the places they were looking at by ordering his shadows to mess up the pattern a little bit.

 

“they’re searching for a tracker. We need to move her around before they find her.” Minho continued while fixing his tie.

 

“Park’s Clan was found earlier by Chorong. They’re not far from here so we can send her on a search and kill.” Key answered and Minho nodded, just then, a load of loud cheers were heard and when they turned to look at the arena, Seojin was holding on to two decapitated heads of Level X vampires, the rest of the Level X’s were all dead, bent and broken on the ground.

 

“much more brutal than her father. I like this kid.” Key smirked; showing of his fangs and jumping down to meet Seojin.

 

“your first mission of search and kill will be given to you soon. You did well Seojin.” Key said and attempted to pat her head but he stopped once he took a good look at her eyes, they were blood red and they looked really…. Hungry.

 

“MOVE AWAY.” Taemin warned and Key in his teleportation before switching places with him. Seojin grabbed Taemin’s neck and pulled him before biting straight into his veins. Taemin groaned at the force and the way Seojin nibbled on his skin was a little harsh.

 

“it would seem that our little hunter has taken a liking to your blood.” Minho and Key jumped down next to Taemin who was still being “eaten” by Seojin. Seojin growled upon hearing that and glared at the two. Minho felt a lump on his throat and Key was scared for a little bit. Seojin is indeed dangerous.

 

Seojin finally pulled away before Taemin’s neck to close the wound. Taemin felt a little hot for minute and he wondered why but he just let it pass and held on his throbbing neck. Seojin loved his blood and Taemin kinda wondered that the reason behind it could be his relations to one other.

 

“so where is this mission of mine?” Seojin asked with a smirk, the battle at the arena made her blood pump and she was excited to kill. Minho, Key and Taemin saw the look in her eyes, it was menacing, dangerous and scary.

 

“you’ll be going to Siheung. Find Park Junsu’s Clan, and kill them.” Key finally said

 

“Park Junsu huh?” Seojin asked the air and whistled to call Jungkook who jumped down while transfiguring. Seojin got on Jungkook’s back and looked at her supposed to be partner.

 

“I can run, thanks.” Taemin said and the hunter shrugged.

 

“whatever works for ya.” She said and they darted off to find their first clan.

 

--

 

Suho knocked on a wooden door that looked like it was polished every single day. The mansion they were at looked a lot like the one they used to stay in, only, it was bigger and based on the charms hanging on the walls, they figured they were at a casters house.

 

“where are we?” Kyungsoo asked in wonder while looking at a particular red flower, the red flower seemed to call him, like it was begging him to touch it. he was about to, but Lay grabbed his hand and pulled him away.

 

“that’s the devil’s flower. It paralyzes anyone or anything that touches it. those things have spells on them that urges enemies to come and touch, do not be deceived.” Lay said

 

“damn Suho-hyung where are we?” Chanyeol asked

 

“we’re at a friend’s place, he’s just, extra careful with everything. ” Suho said when a puff of smoke suddenly started to show from the peep hole. Then the smoke formed a face, a face familiar to Suho only.

 

“hey.” Suho smiled and waved at the smoke.

 

“oh. It’s you Suho. Geez… come in, come in….” the smoke then disappeared but the door didn’t open at all. Were they supposed to open it themselves?

 

“now wha-----AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Kai’s question was cut off when the floor opened and swallowed them to the ground. Kai was about to teleport out of there but Suho told him not to panic and let the falling happen.

 

A loud thud was heard after seconds of falling, only Suho, Xiumin and Lay are the ones who weren’t on their back or on their , the three landed gracefully while the other 9 didn’t.

 

“it’s nice to see you again Suho.” A voice perked up and the boys looked at a man in his 20s, he had brown fluffy hair and very small eyes.

 

“it’s nice to see you again Onew. I wish I could stay but we need help.” Suho started and Onew turned to him with a worried look.

 

“how can I help?” Onew asked.

 

“ you have a gift of tracking people right? We at that, and we need to find someone, immediately.” Suho said and Onew nodded before running around his room to look for certain ingredients needed.

 

“I need something that belonged to this person you’re looking for.” Onew said and Suho turned to Chen, Chen walked to Onew and handed Seojin’s phone.

 

“what’s he doing?” Baekhyun asked when he saw Onew drop everything in a large bowl that was boiling with red liquid.

 

“Onew is a tracker, he creates maps that can track a specific person, all you need to give him is an object that belonged to the person you are looking for, it can be anything, as long as it’s theirs.” Suho explained.

 

“I have read about that magic. Impressive.” Lay said and everyone just waited to see the tracker at work.

 

“but wait, the charms and spells outside, who did that? You?” Luhan asked

 

“that’s Jonghyun’s work. He’s a warlock. Well, he prefers to be called caster since warlock, according to him sound so freaky.” Onew said as he added more ingredients to the bowl.

 

“where is he by the way?” Suho asked

 

“shopping for food.” The tracker replied and took a cup, he scooped up the liquid and moved to a machine, he filled the tube with the liquid and started to manually rotate a steering wheel. The contraption started to work and on the other end, a paper with black markings started to appear. Onew stopped and pulled the paper to show it to the vampires.

 

“this-----” Onew pointed at a glowing yellow dot. “----this is the person you are looking for. As the person you are looking for moves, the map also moves. Don’t get it wet or on fire or the effect will wear off.” Onew said and handed the map to Suho.

 

“thank you Onew.” Suho said and Onew smiled before nodding.

 

“I hope you find what you’re looking for.” The tracker said, the brothers bowed in thanks before leaving through a secret passage underground.

 

Now the search has really begun.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

updated because Overdose MV is released!!! have you wacthed it yet??? GO WATCH IT NOW!!! ^___________^

note 1: yes Level X is similar to Vampire Knight's Level E Vampires.. i got the idea there okay?

note 2: the map making thing? i got the idea from the series The Seeker.