ju

Hunted

Kai looked straight into his older brother’s eyes. It was filled with hatred and disgust by his betrayal. Kai didn’t really betray his brother, he betrayed his brother’s beliefs. Taemin believed in the council, Kai did not. And it was good enough reason for them to split up.

 

“little brother? You have a brother?” Seojin asked and Taemin looked down on the ground before smirking.

 

“I used to. But now, this creature------” Kai grimaced at what his older sibling had called him and Kyungsoo could see the hurt in his eyes, it’s not like Kai wanted to betray his beliefs, it’s not like he wanted to leave, but if he didn’t leave, he would be killed since he was part of a dark deed that was done.

 

“this creature before me is a betrayer, he’s merely taking the shape of my brother.” Taemin continued

 

“you know why I had to leave, hyung.” Kai almost choked out the last word, he wasn’t used to calling Taemin his hyung anymore.

 

“because you chose to be on a law breaker’s side.” Taemin answered

 

“WE COULDN’T JUST LET YOU KILL SEHUN AND LUHAN-HYUNG!” Kai retorted, he disappeared and reappeared in front of Taemin who wasn’t fazed at all. Kyungsoo wants to jump in, he knows how much Kai loves his brother but he also knows that Taemin wouldn’t think twice about killing him.

 

“that Sehun is a monster, he is not a pure blood, he was human made into a vampire and that is against the rules and you know it. but still you kept it from us, you and your friends even raised him as if he was a true pure blood.” Taemin said

 

“Luhan-hyung saved him from dying! What’s illegal about saving someone’s life!? You and the council should see that not all humans made vampires go into Level X!” Kai shouted but Taemin pushed him back.

 

“Level X’s killed our parents. Have you forgotten about that Kai?” Taemin asked and Kai was frozen in his spot. It was true, the outbreak of Level X’s killed both of their parents and it left them as orphans. Not until Minho took them both in.

 

“Minho took us in, he gave us a position in the council but what did you do? You threw it away, and because of what? Friendship. You disgust me, you betrayed not only the council, but me as well. We promised each other that we wouldn’t let anyone else destroy our bond but what did you do? You chose your friends over your own brother. How wonderful.” Taemin’s eyes started to turn redder as he reminisced the past and Kyungsoo wished that the others would hurry the up cause he knows they don’t stand a chance against these two.

 

“Sehun is not a Level X, Taemin. He has control over his power, we helped him with that. If the council could just see that they’re really not a threat if you treat them right.” Kyungsoo butted in

 

“Level X or not. He’s still a product of betrayal of the law, and those who betray the law will be punished, those who stand by the betrayers would be punished as well.” Taemin then said while baring his fangs.

 

“Kill them.” Taemin said to Seojin and Kai’s eyes went wide. He immediately disappeared and reappeared next to Kyungsoo. Seojin was quick, she almost landed a hit if not for Kai’s teleportation. But his escape didn’t last, Taemin had teleported him back in front of Seojin, thus giving the latter an opportunity to strike. She lifted up her hand and was about to pierce a hole on his chest, if not for the huge boulder that got in her way.

 

Seojin turned to see Kyungsoo, his hands were balled into fists and were implanted on the ground. Seojin figured that the boulder came from him, she turned to Jungkook who transfigured into a wolf.

 

“finish him off.” Seojin ordered and Jungkook sprang into action towards the smaller vampire. Kai knows they’re not evenly matched, with a nullifier/ hunter on his brother’s side they’re toast. Where were the others!? What’s taking them so long?

 

Seojin heard a yelp and she turned to see Jungkook being squished by two huge rocks. She immediately grabbed Kai’s collar and threw him towards Kyungsoo. The two vampires rolled to the side while Seojin dashes forward to Jungkook.

 

Suddenly, she turned around and saw more vampires coming towards their battle arena. She felt herself get in and the next thing she knew, she was back to Taemin’s side. Kai and Kyungsoo stood up from their downfall and their wounds to close. Kyungsoo immediately turned his head as soon as he heard Luhan’s voice.

 

“KAI! KYUNGSOO!” Luhan yelled in alarm. Lay’s hand immediately turned blue and white to completely close their scars. The twelve vampires were now complete.

 

“Seojin….” Chen finally managed to choke out, Seojin stared at him. There was something familiar about him other than the fact that he was the one that her with lightning.

 

“more to kill… more fun.” Seojin’s statement made everyone shiver. It was frightening to see her this way and they were not used to it.

 

“wait a minute, this mansion is Junsu’s….w-where are they?” Suho asked

 

“oh. Are you his friend? sorry but he can’t be with you today.” Seojin said in a mocking tone before going behind Taemin. She kicked an object and it rolled towards the twelve, making them scream.

 

“W-WHAT DID YOU DO!?” Baekhyun shouted

 

“those who betray the law will be punished.” Taemin replied. “Seojin is a woman of the council now, she no longer belongs to betrayers like you.” He added and Chen’s eyebrows furrowed

 

“she belongs to us because she is our friend! you’re just using her!” Chen accused and the skies turned dark, thunder could be heard rumbling and lightning was seen in the skies.

 

“if you want her back, come and get her. That is, if she wants to come back.” Taemin taunted and it wasn’t long before a lightning streak was directed at him. However, he wasn’t hurt at all as Seojin blocked the way, nullifying the attack.

 

“I belong to no one.” Seojin answered, she doesn’t belong to anyone as far as she knows. She’s just doing dirty work for the council but that doesn’t mean she has fully succumbed to their rule. Seojin has a mind of her own and according to her, she doesn’t answer to anyone.

 

“Seojin, please try to remember us.” Luhan said, he has been trying to communicate with her mind but it was fatal. He cannot enter her mind anymore and it was awfully frustrating.

 

“if you’re important, then I’ll surely remember you.” Seojin replied but she didn’t sound sincere at her words at all. It’s like she doesn’t really care if she remembers them or not.

 

“Seojin, we kill those who betray us, if you listened to our talk earlier, they had disobeyed the rule in creating human vampires.” Taemin said and with this, all twelve of them surrounded their youngest.

 

“we won’t let you kill Sehun. Not before, not now, not ever.” Luhan said and his eyes glowed red. He was the one who created Sehun and he was not gonna let them kill him, Sehun was precious to him and he vowed to protect and raise the younger one into a kind vampire in control.

 

“KILL HIM.” Taemin ordered blankly and Seojin followed. Killing was in her nature so getting a call to kill was something she enjoys.

 

Lay immediately created a force field to cover Sehun and Luhan. He knows Seojin can break through that but in order to do so, she will have to go through the others. Lay knew they don’t stand a chance against her but he also knew that one of them would stop at nothing to stop her from being a killing machine.

 

--

Chen didn’t want this, he didn’t like the idea of hurting Seojin. But he needed to in order to stop her. Seojin was naturally skilled, she can nullify their powers and then kill them all. What was her weak spot? Does she even have one?

 

Chanyeol and Kris stood side by side and they locked Seojin inside a circle of fire. They know she can nullify it all but it was worth a shot. Jungkook was back to attacking Kyungsoo and he even started to slash at Baekhyun as well.

 

Taemin used his power and brought Seojin out of the ring of fire and back to his side. His power doesn’t really do much but Taemin is a strong vampire and he’s flexible, which makes him a good partner in combat.

 

Chanyeol cursed when Seojin got out, not like he was expecting her to stay put in there but he hoped she’d be contained for a little longer. He moved quickly to the side only to get kicked from down below. Seojin had moved fast after getting freed and her first targets were the fire users.

 

Chanyeol stumbled back but remained on his feet in order to block an incoming kick. He winced in pain when Seojin’s foot made contact with his arm, she was very strong for a small girl.

 

Water suddenly covered Seojin’s body and pulled her away, the water went up to her neck and before she could nullify it, it was frozen cold.

 

“Got you.” Xiumin said and Seojin glared daggers at the latter. How can she nullify ice? It’s not like she can melt it.

 

Xiumin’s victory didn’t last long when Suho was suddenly thrown towards him, making them both roll over. Jungkook moved towards Seojin’s ice coffin and slashed it with his claws, breaking it open.

 

“we need to remove her teammates, and attack her all at once.” Luhan said, he hasn’t left Sehun’s side since the beginning and both of them were battling with Taemin along with Kai.

 

It was quite a confusing battle between the brothers of teleportation, one will teleport here, the other will bring the teleported one back to here.

 

“I can’t stop time.” Tao said, frustrated that his power won’t work.

 

“what?” Baekhyun asked as he lifted Kyungsoo up to avoid an attack from Jungkook.

 

“something is stopping me from using my power on everything. I think it’s Seojin.” Tao said

 

“that’s impossible. I thought her powers are only applicable to herself?” Lay asked. It was quite weird, Seojin’s powers only protects herself, could it be that it has evolved?

 

As they were thinking about this, Seojin had taken advantage of their distracted minds. She slipped in between Kris and Chanyeol, grabbed their heads and knocked them both down. She then sped up to Xiumin and Suho, Xiumin was blasting her with ice popsicles here and there while she moved in a zigzag manner.

 

“YAH!” Suho suddenly yelled when Xiumin accidentally hit him and froze him instead of Seojin. Before Xiumin could undo the ice barrier, Seojin had gotten behind him and had him by the neck. Xiumin felt his head get stretched to the point of removal.

 

“XIUMIN!” Suho yelled while watching Xiumin struggle under Seojin. The hunter smirked but before she could even take off Xiumin’s head, she felt electricity sting her from behind.

 

“you again.” Seojin hissed and stared at Chen. Chen looked weary and disappointed at himself since he had hurt her, but it was needed or else Xiumin would be long gone.

 

“please Seojin, I don’t want to hurt you.” Chen said and Seojin gritted her teeth. Why was this vampire showing her pity? Why was this vampire not fighting like the others? Why was this vampire… so familiar to her eyes but not her memory?

 

“you’ve already hurt me.” Seojin said and darted towards Chen who moved away. Seojin chased after him and they went around in circles in the battle field. They even interfered with the others just so they could pass through.

 

“ENOUGH.” A sudden voice was heard and they all turned to see vampires in black cloaks and suits. Otherwise known as the council. Seojin stood in the middle of the two parties, she was exhausted, sure she can still fight but she needed food and sleep as well.

 

“Minho.” Suho said with gritted teeth.

 

“I see you’ve ran into trouble. No wonder you were taking so long.” Key said in a mocking tone and Seojin glared at him.

 

“my my… do my eyes deceive me? is that little Kai?” he continued and looked at Kai who looked dead tired. Taemin wasn’t exactly merciful when it come to his betrayer of a brother.

 

“ah. The half blood.” Minho looked at Sehun with disgust in his eyes. He didn’t really like the idea of half bloods in their world. It was sickening.

 

“Sehun is more pure than any of you murderers.” Luhan protested

 

“a half human half vampire is a disgusting thing, I don’t see why you risk your pathetic lives to protect such an abomination.” Minho said and Seojin’s ears picked this up.

 

Wasn’t she a half human and half vampire as well?

 

“I saved him from dying you idiot. There is nothing wrong with that. You’re selfish. I saw the potential in change when you didn’t. Sehun didn’t change into Level X when I turned him, he just needed guidance and control.” Luhan said

 

“exactly Luhan. He needs Guidance but other than that. He needs to be controlled.” Bomi spoke

 

“your definition of CONTROL is not how we would want Sehun to be raised.” Suho said

 

“you kill the Level X and the half bloods.” Kris said and Seojin looked at him with interest. If she was a half blood, why was she not killed yet? What was Minho’s purpose? Why was she being kept with the council if the council wanted all half bloods dead?

 

Rule by my side. That is what Minho had told Seojin before, but she’d not really ruling anyone is she? Maybe the others are afraid of her but she’s not really ruling them. In fact, she’s just scaring them so they would follow those who truly rule; the council.

 

Seojin was confused. What is her purpose in this feud? She looked up to Chen who was looking at her rather worriedly and she suddenly had a flashback. It was her and the same boy that had a blurred face before, the one who kissed her. They were talking and the boy had said something about him being there for her always.

 

Seojin looked closely at the blurred face. It was starting to take shape and Seojin was surprised to Chen smiling at her. Telling her that she can tell him anything and he’ll listen as well as help her go through it.

 

Everything disappeared and Seojin was back to the being in between the two parties. She held on her head, what was that about? Who was Chen in her life before? What could he know about her? Does he know her purpose in this feud?

 

“are you alright?” Taemin asked her and Seojin looked into her partner only to see clearly his veins. Seojin was hungry and Taemin could sense it, and before he could even say anything, Seojin had already bitten his neck.

--

 

The sight made Chen’s blood boil and the skies grew dark. Thunder could be heard and lightning streaks were showering the skies. The council looked up and the twelve vampires looked at Chen, he had red eyes and electricity could be seen going through his arms and upper body.

 

Key saw the way he reacted and grinned. He didn’t actually think that one of them had fallen in love with the hunter.

 

“ah. Love. A tragic and deadly thing.” Key taunted and walked over to Seojin and Taemin.

 

“sorry little vampire, it would seem that your little vampire hunter has found her mate.” Key said and the others eyes went wide.

 

“you see, the moment Seojin laid eyes on Taemin, she immediately got drawn to him. Now that’s a mate thing don’t you think? All that’s left for now is for Taemin to bite her as well.” Key said and side eyed Taemin with a smirk on his lips.

 

Vampires have this special bond with each other called Mate. Two vampires bite each other at the same time and they somehow exchange venom, making them one. When both vampires do this, they are tied to one another and are bound to never leave the other’s side. This is usually done when two vampires who have affection towards each other. If they don’t then it’s simply considered as feeding.

 

Taemin got the idea. To bind Seojin to him would mean that she would never leave his side nor would he leave hers. It would mean that Seojin will be with the council, forever. He opened his mouth to show his fangs but before he could even do anything, Seojin was separated from him and he was thrown towards a tree. He didn’t have time to compose himself since lightning was coming his way, he dodged and dodged, avoiding the lightning and Chen’s wrath.

 

Chen didn’t like the idea of Taemin making Seojin his mate so even if he knew that it would cause a battle once again, he attacked Taemin and pulled Seojin away.

 

“should we help him?” Key asked and looked at Minho who was watching the battle at work.

 

“no. it’s their fight. Unless the others decide to jump in then we’ll jump in.” Minho said but of course, he wasn’t gonna let Chen kill Taemin so a little cheating wouldn’t hurt.

 

Seojin on the other hand was watching the battle, she didn’t understand why Chen was so mad and bent on killing Taemin, she didn’t understand why all of a sudden she felt like Chen was protecting her. She didn’t understand why a few seconds ago, Taemin felt like he was threat.

 

Hunters have great sense towards threats and Seojin felt that Taemin was a threat while she was drinking his blood and Key was rambling on about mates. She didn’t understand why she felt that way. But even if Taemin felt like a threat to her, he was her partner and she couldn’t let him get killed.

 

And as of now, Taemin’s not doing so well with dodging the attacks.

 

Suho and the others were watching Chen and the other council members in case they decided to cheat. They knew Minho could be tricky so watching them just watching over the fight was suspicious.

 

Taemin got hit by lightning on his shoulder and he winced in pain. The electricity stays in your body for five minutes before it is completely off and you’d feel numb again. But Chen wasn’t giving him those five minutes, why would he? Chen hit Taemin’s leg and he fell on his knees. He raised his hand and down on Taemin to kill him…

 

Only…..

 

“SEOJIN!!” Luhan yelled when she got in front of Taemin to nullify the attack, but lightning was faster than her this time, and she got a perfect hit. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

I'll just leave you with this cliffhanger... cue in evil_laughter.mp3 muahahaha!