ni

Hunted

Seojin wondered why everything stopped. And why she wasn’t affected. She moved her limbs, yes, she’s definitely not affected by it. Was this one of the hunters abilities when they get to develop them further?

 

“how come I’m moving?” she asked and Tao looked at her, he was just s confused to be very honest. Tao doesn’t really have control over his powers. He just freezes time for everyone around him. But why wasn’t Seojin frozen…

 

“I----have no idea.” Tao replied and turned time back on. Chanyeol fell forward because apparently, he was trying to stretch out his arm earlier to target Luhan. Luhan fell backwards because he was avoiding Chanyeol’s attempt. Sehun remained still as if he wasn’t frozen in time a few seconds ago. While Kai, Baekhyun and Kris just looked lost.

 

“did you freeze time again?” Luhan asked and Tao nodded. But then he looked at Seojin with confusion written all over his face. Tao’s loud thoughts reached Luhan and his face scrunched up.

 

“you weren’t affected?” Luhan asked and Seojin gave a nod. Luhan tried to read Seojin’s mind but for some strange reason, he couldn’t, it was as if something or someone was blocking him.

 

“Kai. Look around the place. I have a feeling something isn’t right.” Luhan said and Kai nodded before disappearing. Luhan could feel something blocking him from Seojin, he couldn’t see even a bit of what she was thinking at the moment.

 

Before it was easy to look into her mind, he saw moments of her life as a human. But when he tried to look further, that was when the over throwing of the dragon and phoenix happened. What could be preventing him from breaching her memory further?

 

“no one’s around.” Kai appeared next to Luhan after teleporting here and there to check the area. He really didn’t see anyone at all. He didn’t smell or sense the presence of someone in the council either.

 

“oh okay.” Luhan merely replied and pulled Sehun who was starting to get hungry. Luhan pulled the wind user, literally, apart from being a telepath, Luhan can also control objects with his mind. Sehun’s not an object, but you get the point.

 

“time to hunt.” Luhan said and called on everyone else. After two seconds, all twelve of them were in the backyard after hearing Luhan’s call. Actually, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao and Kris were all starving cause of the early training.

 

“we can’t leave Seojin alone guys.” Lay suddenly said and all eyes turned to the human who was busy staring at the wonderful, special and intriguing creatures before her. Though she suddenly realized that these creatures were staring back at her.

 

“what?“ she asked all confuzzeled. It was her word play of confused and puzzled. She was staring at them and they were staring back with worried looks.

 

“I’ll watch over her. I am the guardian.” Chen suddenly appeared in front of her, streaks of light falling behind him as he did.

 

“no Chen, remember what happened last time when you were left alone with her? We can’t risk her getting hurt again. It will blow our cover and then we’ll have to move again.” Kris said

 

“I’ll be fine. I can control my thirst.” Chen said but Luhan appeared in front of him.

 

“can you really?” he asked as he looked into his brother’s eyes. Luhan read Chen’s mind; even if the latter told him not to do so, but Luhan had to make sure that Chen wasn’t going to do anything foolish again.  Though Luhan kinda felt bad when he looked into the latter’s mind. It was full of Seojin’s scared face and unconscious form the day she found out about Chen’s origin. Or what they would all like to call; YESTERDAY.

 

“Seojin will be fine. ” Luhan then nodded after telling Chen in his mind that he wouldn’t hurt her again intentionally and he was sure of it. Chen nodded before looking back at his brothers, who were obviously really hungry.

 

“you can go. we’ll be fine.” Chen said and Suho nodded before dashing away into some place, then quickly followed by the others.

 

“we’ll be back before dawn. There’s a barrier anyway but yeah, you should probably not go outside.” Lay said and left. Now 11 of the vampires were gone, Chen and Seojin looked at each other, then looked away shyly after.

 

Now, what can they do inside the boring and quiet house?

 

--

 

“THAT IS SO NOT FAIR!!!” Seojin screamed but Chen just laughed after finding her again in a game of hide and seek. Of course it was a stupid and lame idea, but they were so bored. And the house in Venice was bigger than the one in Seoul.

 

“I can hear your breathing and I can smell your blood, of course I’ll find you, wherever you are.” Chen grinned, earning a smack in the head.

 

“REMATCH! One last!” Seojin insisted.

 

“you said that 15 rounds ago.” The vampire deadpanned but he was obviously enjoying the annoyed face from the human. It wasn’t that hard to find her, her scent was all over the place so even if she did hide inside the washing machine, he found her in less than thirty minutes.

 

Chen actually liked the fact that he was playing a little normally. When they were young, Chen and his brothers would play hide and seek. But of course, that was a different situation. Kris was always high up somewhere in the air since he could fly. Xiumin would be in the freezer, rendering his scent and very presence. Lay was with his force field and Luhan would be messing up with the seekers mind. Kai would be teleporting here and there when he was about to be found and Kyungsoo would be under the earth, literally. The only ones that weren’t hard to find were Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Tao. Sehun on the other hand didn’t actually experience that since he is a new born.

 

“I’ll hide better this time. come on!” Seojin pleaded with a cute pout. Chen couldn’t possibly resist it of course so he smiled and nodded before turning around.

 

“maybe you should cover your nose.” Seojin grinned before dashing away. This time she made sure that her steps were light but quick. She slowed down her breathing even if it was impossible since she felt like she was in a mystery or suspense movie.

 

She had hidden in the washing machine, in the garage, in the cupboard under the stairs, and each of the rooms. Where was she going to hide next?

 

--

 

Chen heard every step Seojin took even if she was far away, though after a few minutes, it strangely became faint. He couldn’t hear it anymore. He opened his eyes and inhaled the air, he could still smell her blood though so he followed his nose. Like a werewolf would but let’s not get to that part of their world.

 

Chen was zooming around the house, he followed Seojin’s smell and moved wherever his nose led him. He was then put to a stop when Seojin’s scent completely disappeared. He looked around on the second floor where the scent stopped. He couldn’t hear anything, only his own thoughts.

 

“Seojin?” he asked. There was no response of course, the human was hiding from him. Chen opened the rooms, Seojin wasn’t in any of them.

 

He started to panic. What if she was taken right under his nose? What if a shadow was with the council that’s why he couldn’t sense her anymore. Chen started to speedily zoom all over the house, even outside.

 

“SEOJIN!!” he called out in desperation. Where was she!? Chen cursed and the skies turned darker by the minute and the thunder roared loudly. Chen was panicking, where could she be!?

 

“SEOJIN!!!” he yelled when all of a sudden, he was clobbered to the ground. Chen was alarmed so he grabbed the person and turned them around, he was ready to strike with his powers, his eyes were blazing red when he heard a loud laugh.

 

“HAHAHA! GOT YOU.” Seojin grinned, she succeeded. She managed to not get caught, she manage to mask her scent by not breathing to heavily. She figured that not breathing too hard wouldn’t pump much blood into her system and she was right. She outwitted a vampire and she was proud.

 

However, she was put to a stop when Chen hugged her, like he wasn’t going to let go, like he was ready to glue himself to her. Seojin’s attempt to calm her breathing was futile, she started to hyperventilate a little because damn the situation. They were on the floor, hugging like idiots.

 

“w-what’s wrong?” she managed to ask and Chen looked at her. Seojin’s eyes went wide. Chen’s eyes that were red, turned grey. A clear sign of sadness and perhaps, worry.

 

“don’t you ever, I mean ever, disappear like that again. You scared the crap out of me!” Chen said and looked at Seojin like he was a lost pup.

 

Seojin felt weird. She was sorry for making him worry but she also felt special in his eyes. It was as if, if she disappeared, he would die. Though Seojin didn’t want that to happen, she felt special with that.

 

“I’m sorry. I hid in the roof. And I tried hard to hide myself. I didn’t think you’d be worried like this. We were playing after all.” She admitted and Chen looked back at her, his eyes changed back to black as he sighed.

 

“at least you’re safe.”  He mumbled before sitting up. Seojin watched him carefully and went on her knees to pat the latter on the shoulder.

 

“I’m alright. I think training with the others helped me a little. I can take care of myself, I guess.” She gave him a smile in hopes of lightening the mood. And it did, the skies turned back to being calm and there was no more threat from the lightning.

 

“so you control lightning.” She concluded as she stood up and dusted her clothes. Chen did as well as he nodded. The sky was getting darker by the second, Luhan and the others are probably still on the hunt for animals somewhere.

 

“cool. I wish had a super power.” She admitted because that would be so damn cool.

 

“I’d rather not have you running around with powers like ours. It’d be best to just let your hunter instincts develop.” Chen admitted. Being a vampire is a good thing because of your abilities, but they come with a price, a very dreadful price that he didn’t want her to experience.

 

 “I think I am getting the hang of this hunter thing even if it’s only been a day.” Seojin replied. In fact, she wouldn’t have hidden so well if not for her “instincts”.

 

Truly enough, her hunter instincts were starting to kick in. All it needs is a little more, push.

 

“wait, you said you hid in the roof?” Chen asked, suddenly realizing that Seojin jumped two floors just to get to him. Actually, Seojin didn’t think it was dangerous at all, when she saw Chen running around outside in search for her, she placed her foot at the edge and just jumped, not thinking about the result.

 

“I jumped down when I saw you.” Seojin replied and Chen’s eyes went wide at this. Her hunter instincts are coming by too fast. It must be in her blood, or was it?