san

Hunted

Luhan and the others were at least a hundred kilometers away from their house in Venice. They were in a forest to be exact, they don’t prey on humans anymore, and instead, they target animals. Animal blood was healthy since they eat fresh from nature, unlike some humans who eat junk.

 

Sehun, who was fed extra since he’s new, was busy drinking off a deer’s neck. It bothered Luhan a little but he let it slide. Everyone was finished eating except for their youngest, they were all either sitting on a rock, or up in a tree branch like a monkey.

 

“you made sure that Seojin’s aunt was hidden safely right?” Suho asked. Seojin’s aunt was a shadow, a type of spirit that could blend well with the dark and has amazing force field powers.

 

“of course. The witches of the White Circle took her. She’d be safer there.” Kris answered. They heard a thud and when they turned around, they found Sehun standing up, obviously finished and full from his meal.

 

“lets’ get back home. we still have things to do.” Suho said and they all nodded in agreement. When they get back home, Lay still needs to analyze that vial. Seojin still needs to be trained and might as well, they can train themselves in case things get a little dirty.

 

--

 

“a shadow was here. That’s why I can’t sense the hunter’s presence anymore.” A tall man with brown hair and hazelnut eyes scanned----- or more like trashed the place that used to be Seojin’s house.

 

“her scent is still here.” A woman with brown hair and puffy cheeks replied as she traced the bed with her fingers.

 

“shall we call in the blood hounds? They’ll find her faster with their noses.” A blonde man spoke up before waving his hand. A scenery before them suddenly appeared, it was like a replay of the past events. Seojin’s figure was there, sleeping, while Chen watched her and waited for her to wake up.

 

“that kid is a part of his clan.” A skinny male said as he eyed Chen. The scenery played out up to the part where Chen grabbed Seojin and they were off into the forest.

 

“call the hounds.” The brown haired said and with a snap of the woman’s fingers, seven young teenagers appeared.

 

“you called Mistress?” the teen in the middle bowed.

 

“we have located the hunter. Go in the forest and find her scent. And bring her head back to us.” The woman replied. The seven young boys turned to each other before transfiguring into huge wolves, the size of a single bed.

 

“No Bomi. I want her alive.” The tall one replied.

 

“what? Why? We want her dead Minho, why keep her alive?” Bomi asked the council leader.

 

“because her abilities are an asset.” Minho replied and turned to hounds.

 

“I want her alive. Kill the ones protecting her if necessary.” He commanded and the bloodhounds were off to find their target. The hunter has now officially become the hunted.

 

--

 

The next day came and Seojin woke up with a very heavy head. She had a very weird and scary dream, it involved her standing in the middle of burning bodies. It frightened her because the burning bodies, were Chen and his brothers.

 

She walked to the bathroom, splashing her face with cold water from the sink to keep her from thinking too loudly. Because she knows that when she does, Luhan will begin to worry and question her when she herself couldn’t even understand what it meant.

 

Seojin looked at the mirror but was shocked when she saw a different reflection. It was her, it looked exactly like her but the hair color was different, it was red like blood. She looked down on her own hair but they were black. She looked back up to see that the face in the reflection was now covered in blood.

 

“you’re gonna kill them all.” The reflection spoke in a menacing manner. Seojin shivered. Who was this?? What was this??

 

“you’re gonna kill them all, you’re a hunter, they’re your prey.” The reflection said once more and smiled evilly at Seojin which made her freak out more.

 

“n-no.” she mumbled but the reflection laughed, mocking her choice of words.

 

“you cannot escape this. You will kill them. Every single one of them. You’ll burn their bodies with gas and fire, you’ll break their bones like a stick! You’ll remove their heads with your sword.” The reflection laughed, laughed to the point that it was really scary. Seojin remembered her dream, the fire, the burning bodies, it frightened her.

 

The reflection stopped laughing, it looked back at Seojin with a hint of amusement in its eyes. Seojin stopped moving for a while, just staring back at the blood covered monster before her.

 

“so Seojin? Are you ready for a hunt?” it asked her and the eyes turned red. Seojin was taken aback, she screamed and punched the mirror for it to go away. The mirror shattered to pieces, killing the reflection with it.

 

She started to breathe heavily. This hasn’t occurred to her before, if she was a hunter, even with the truce, what if her instincts kick in and she suddenly hurts one of them? Or worse, what if she kills one of them?

 

“SEOJIN!!” Kai suddenly appeared right inside the bathroom and he was wrong to do that. Seojin’s blood was dripping from her knuckles and it smelled so good. Kai’s fangs stuck out of his mouth and Seojin sensed this.

 

The scene came so fast. Kai tried his hardest to control his thirst cause he knew he’d be risking so much. He took a step towards Seojin in an attempt to calm her down, the others were right outside and were at the ready to break down their door. But the door was broken from the inside, as Seojin threw Kai away.

 

“KAI!!!” Kyungsoo yelled and dashed to the other to help him sit up. Kai’s eyes were red from smelling all the blood but it turned back to normal after seconds.

 

“Seojin calm down.” Lay said, a blue and white aura radiated from his hand as he healed Seojin’s wound. Seojin was breathing heavily, being held down forcefully by Kris and Chen. Chen looked at her worriedly, they heard her scream all of a sudden and then they smelled blood. Luhan had to control Sehun and take him away while they go and check. Kai was the first there and they were all surprised to see him get thrown outside.

 

It bothered them even more that when they looked inside the bathroom, no one was there. What made her scream so loud? It was like she was frightened of something, but what?

 

Seojin, I am with Sehun right now. I need to keep him away. Are you alright?

 

A voice popped up in Seojin’s head and she was sure it was Luhan but her fear of him seeing what she just witnessed alone crept up to her.

 

No! Get out of my head!

 

Seojin calm down.

 

Luhan tried to reason but fear was greater in Seojin’s mind that she screamed inside her head. She heard some grunting and multiple thuds. She looked up to see most of the vampires on their knees and holding their head.

 

“what was that?” Kris was the first to ask

 

“is it Luhan-hyung? But why did it go like a loud feedback?” Tao replied, the sound of the feedback burned in their heads and Seojin knew she was at fault.

 

We need to talk.

 

Luhan’s voice in his brother’s heads appeared once more and he sounded exhausted. He’s never witnessed anything like that before and it was painful for a telepath to be forcefully shut out. But what bothered him the most was, how was Seojin able to do that?

 

--

 

“she won’t say.” Chen sighed as he got out of Seojin’s room. They have been at it for hours, trying to convince Seojin to tell them what happened but she just shut them out. Luhan didn’t try and search her mind again, afraid that it might hurt her more than it hurt them.

 

“she suddenly yelled and then there was the smell of blood. I got in the bathroom and she had punched the mirror.” Kai explained. They were all in Lay’s room, with the vial, books and papers. He felt sad for Seojin, he saw so much fear in her eyes earlier and her hand shook as he healed her.

 

“can’t you just try and talk to her in her head?” Suho asked but Luhan shook his head.

 

“the mind is a dangerous thing to meddle with, it has limits as to how many interrogations it could take, if I attempt to talk to her, she will shut me out again out of fear and it may hurt her.” He explained

 

“no. don’t play with her mind anymore.” Chen firmly said and everyone turned to him. All of them could see how he feels for the hunter but they won’t voice it out loud. Besides, he’d just deny it.

 

“then what do we do? Clearly there is something bothering her.” Kyungsoo asked but everyone was silent.

 

“give her a little time to herself. Her mind is a mess right now, forcing it out of her won’t do any of us any good.” Luhan then stood up and left the room with Sehun towing behind.

 

Chen worried why Seojin screamed like that, he worried even more when he saw her frightened look. When he talked to her inside the room she wasn’t saying anything, just staring into space. He wished he had Luhan’s telepathic ability at the moment but like the elder said, it is dangerous to play with one’s mind.

 

Everyone went their separate ways after this. Others are either training; trying to control their powers, Lay was in his study; trying to still figure out that damned vial. And Luhan was talking to Chen.

 

“try and talk to her again after a few hours. You’re her best friend after all.” Luhan said and Chen nodded. The telepath thought it would be best for Seojin to voice out her thoughts, rather than him reading it every time just to get thrown out. Speaking of getting thrown, Chanyeol suddenly came crashing in. literally.

 

“what the hell man?” Chen asked, the back door was ruined and Chanyeol will be dead once Kyungsoo sees this.

 

“Baekhyun hit me hard with his light. Damned little small fry.” The phoenix muttered

 

“I HEARD THAT YOU GIANT!! COME HERE!!!” Baekhyun charged towards his brother who dashed to a different direction to run away.

 

“NOT IN THE HOUSE!!” Suho yelled at them both but they were too busy killing each other to even listen.

 

“high class vampires yet we act like a bunch of rough bloodhounds. Nice clan.“ Sehun said with a tone of sarcasm. Luhan glared at the younger to shut up and of course, he followed. Suho’s clan originally started from his dad and Luhan’s. Luhan was supposed to be next in line as leader but he wasn’t ready to take responsibility of such a big group so Suho took his place.

 

“What the hell happened to the door.” Kyungsoo and Kai suddenly appeared from their afternoon stroll. The two brothers were close like glue unlike the others who were equally matched when it comes to close relationships. Luhan and Sehun are a different story, it was Luhan who turned Sehun into a vampire that’s why the younger listens and sticks to him, being next to the elder is his designated place. Kyungsoo and Kai on the other hand just enjoy each other’s company that’s why they tend to stick together. Though sometimes Kai hangs out with Luhan and Kyungsoo hangs out with Suho because it is more quiet, they still end the day with each other.

 

“CHANYEOL.” Chen, Luhan and Suho said at once and Kyungsoo’s face went dark. He stormed outside to search for the tall fire user. Kai shrugged, he was used to this as were the others. A few seconds later they heard painful shouting from Chanyeol and of course they all know who’s the cause of that.

 

--

 

Chen stood by Seojin’s door. It was almost night time and she hasn’t come out of her room since the start of the day. He didn’t blame her but he needed to know what happened so he could help and put an ease to her mind.

 

“we’ll leave her in your care Chen. We’ll just, bring back something for you.” Lay said and the latter nodded. Of course it was time for another hunt, their early training took it out on them, especially Chanyeol, Kris, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who decided to play a little rough.

 

Once his brothers disappeared to hunt, he went up to her room. The place was silent, eerie silent that it bugged him even if he’s a damned vampire who can control lightning. He sighed and was about to knock on her door when he heard sniffles. His hand stopped midway when he realized Seojin was crying.

 

Chen couldn’t take it anymore so he knocked. The sniffing stopped and a faint ‘who is it?’ was asked. He held his breath and held on the door knob before letting himself in.

 

“it’s me.” he greeted with a soft smile. He found Seojin just like the way he left him earlier; on her bed, hugging her knees close and looking rather wasted. He sighed and sat near her bed but he felt pain when Seojin flinched.

 

“what’s wrong?” he asked, was she-----afraid of him? He thought she wasn’t afraid at all, but why does she seem to be so scared now?

 

“it’s nothing.” Seojin denied and looked away, she felt the air shift and she turned to see Chen’s face close to her, looking straight into her eyes. They were grey once again and that meant he was worried and sad. Seojin didn’t like the look one bit so she looked away.

 

“don’t look at me like that.” She mumbled and in a flash, she was wrapped in Chen’s arms. Seojin’s heart started beat frantically, she wondered why it was always with him that she starts to feel like a complete lovesick teenager.

 

“how can I not look at you like that when you keep on worrying me with your actions?” he asked and patted her hair. He felt really warm, despite being cold blooded when he’s next to Seojin and he knows it is against the law to fall in love with a human but what does the law expect him to do? Forget about his feelings?

 

“please Seojin, I know it’s hard for you to adjust to everything that’s happening but you have to trust me that everything will be okay.” He assured her and after a few second, he felt her shake and shiver. It wasn’t from the cold, but it was because she was crying again. Chen started to panic, he pulled back from the hug but Seojin grabbed his shirt and buried her face on his shoulder.

 

“I’m scared.” She choked out, her knuckles were turning white because of her grip but she didn’t care and he didn’t mind at all.

 

“I’m a hunter Chen, a vampire hunter, and you and your brothers are vampires. What if I hurt you? What if I kill you?! I hurt Kai today, who’s to say when and who I will hurt next? I don’t want to hurt you, I don’t know how to control my emotions and they reflect my strength. I don’t know what to do! I’m scared Chen… I’m scared.” She cried while she choked out those words. The image she saw in the mirror left a scar in her mind and it bothered her to death.

 

“you won’t hurt us.” Chen started after hearing her talk. He didn’t like seeing her like this and he wanted to make her feel better.

 

“but what if I do! I’m a hunter, I have instincts! It’s in my blood!” Seojin looked into Chen’s eyes and there he saw it; fear. There was great fear present in Seojin’s eyes and it looked like her pupils were turning a little red, Chen thought it was because of crying too much so he needed her to stop.

 

“Seojin, calm down. It is in your blood to hunt vampires but you can control it if you want to. Don’t let your blood define you. As vampires, it is also in our blood to kill you and feed on human blood, but we controlled it. We didn’t let it define us. That’s why we’re right here, protecting you and that’s why we’re able to go around without hurting anyone.” Chen explained to calm her down.

 

Her breathing became erratic and her eyes were forming a darker shade of red.  Seojin held on her head, trying to push away all the fear, push away the memory of what she saw in the mirror. She doesn’t want that to happen, she doesn’t want to lose control, because losing control would mean killing them all.

 

“I don’t want to hurt anyone, especially you.” She admitted, Chen was someone special to her, despite knowing his origin, he didn’t look at him differently, to her, she was still his best friend that loves to joke around and play. If she wants to protect someone from her own hunter instincts then it would be him.

 

Chen looked into Seojin’s eyes and the fear was replaced with sincerity and care. And for some strange reason, it was as if she was getting closer, or was it him that was leaning forward? The next thing came by so fast, their lips met and shared a sweet, soft and meaningful kiss. Seojin felt blood rush through her system but it didn’t feel wrong to kiss him so she disregarded the feeling.  Chen felt warm when Seojin’s lips touched his, he knows it’s  wrong by law but to hell with it, they’re running away from the council anyway.

 

When they broke apart, both of them stared into each other’s eyes, just savoring the moment and realizing that both of them felt the same for each other. Seojin was happy because of this realization and the fear in her was washed away in a flash. Maybe that was all she needed to not think of fear; love, his love to be exact.

 

Chen could feel some sort of electricity in his veins and he liked it. in fact he loved it and wanted to repeat it again. But then suddenly his vision became a little blurry and his throat felt a little dry. He didn’t eat yesterday because he was taking care of Seojin and now he’s out of fuel, and his brothers still aren’t back. Seojin saw the waver in Chen’s eyes, they turned a little red and she knew what that meant.

 

“did you eat at all yesterday?” she asked as he covered his eyes to prevent her from seeing. He can’t scare her again, that is something he didn’t want to bring back. Chen stood up, staggering a little and bumping on the shelf. Seojin rushed in front of him to make sure he was okay. He was weak and she knew it, and since Luhan and the others aren’t back yet, there was only one thing to do.

 

“drink my blood.” She blurted out and Chen opened his eyes in shock. His eyes were red and he could see the veins on her neck, pulsing and circulating blood. His fangs stuck out but he covered his nose and mouth. No. He can’t hurt her again, he won’t.

 

“Chen don’t be stubborn, Luhan and the others aren’t gonna be back soon, you need to drink.” She said and took his hand but he pulled it away.

 

“N-NO. I don’t want to hurt you again. I won’t.” he refused and fell on the floor on his knees. Controlling your thirst in front of a blood bank when you really need blood is a very difficult thing for a vampire, he might go insane.

 

“If you can control it then you won’t hurt me right?” she asked

 

“THAT’S THE POINT! I can’t control it when it comes to you! You always make my mind go crazy and your blood is something that I want to have forever! I won’t be able to stop myself when I start!” he replied and held on her shoulder as he shook her.

 

“I won’t hurt you again. I promised that to myself.” He said and Seojin could see the pain in his eyes. She turned to her right and saw the bathroom, where the shattered mirror was. She didn’t want Chen to hurt her either but she didn’t want him to die of thirst as well. She ran to the bathroom and took out a shard of glass.

 

“what are you doing?” Chen asked and his eyes went wide when he saw the glass in her hands.

 

“I didn’t promise myself anything.” She said and was about to slice her shoulder when Chen dashed in front of her in a flash to stop her hand.

 

“are you insane!?” he yelled angrily

 

“YOU TOLD ME NOT TO LET MY BLOOD DEFINE ME BUT WHY ARE YOU LETTING YOUR BLOOD DEFINE YOU RIGHT NOW!? You said if you can control it, control it and don’t let it control you! Or is that only applicable to m-----ahhhh…“ Seojin stopped when Chen swiftly bit down her shoulder. She felt her blood go to a different direction and it made her head spin but she endured it for him. She felt Chen’s hand shake and she immediately dropped the glass, he let go of her hand and pulled her close. Seojin rested her head on his neck as he drank her blood. It felt like holy water in his throat, it completed him. Chen opened his eyes and they were now back to black, he pulled back from Seojin’s shoulder and looked at her with sad eyes.

 

“I told you, you can control it.” Seojin said with a smile but Chen couldn’t return it. He has hurt her again, just when he promised he wouldn’t. He looked down in despair but a hand was set on his cheek to lift his face back up.

 

“you didn’t hurt me okay? I’m perfectly fine.” She assured and smiled again. Chen leaned on her hand and released a short breath before nodding. He looked down to see the bite marks and them to close. Seojin felt a little lightheaded but she can live with it so she let it be.

 

“why did you do it?” he asked, of course he had to ask. Any normal human would run away when a vampire is searching for blood, but not Seojin, nope, she even offered her blood for crying out loud.

 

“I did it for two things. One, imagine what would have happened when you turned all bloodlust again like before, that way for sure, you’ll NEVER control your thirst and might actually kill someone.” She said and it was actually logical. If Chen continued to deny his thirst, sooner or later the thirst will take over him again and he won’t be able to stop like before.

 

“and second, because I can’t just watch you suffer, and also I’m rubbing your own lesson in your face.” She grinned and he frowned, typical of her to bite him back like that.

 

“what happened here?” Kai suddenly appeared in Seojin’s door and was followed by Luhan and Suho. They were back from their hunt and they were surprised to see Chen glowing. Not like with glitters, but he looked fresh, whereas he didn’t drink any blood for a day.

 

“uhm…” the two started and looked at each other, Luhan saw the happening in Chen’s mind and he shook his head.

 

“be thankful the barrier around this house is stronger.” He said and leaned on the door.

 

“what? I don’t see the point.” Suho said but Kai actually understood that reference and grinned.

 

“forbidden love, I should write this in my diary.” The teleporter grinned with mischief in his eyes.

 

“what?” Suho asked again and looked in between pairs.

 

“you keep a diary?” Seojin looked at Kai judgingly and the latter frowned; it wasn’t actually a diary, more like a journal.

 

“can someone please explain what is going on?” their neglected leader asked once more. Kai laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder before disappearing with the older and re-appearing without him.

 

“where’d you leave him?” Luhan asked

 

“you know how Sehun hates it when someone barges in his room?” the latter grinned and then there was a gust of wind followed by a very scared scream.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter is too long lol sorry >:)