shi

Hunted

The next day came by with the vampires training Seojin and they were impressed to see her improvement. She was quicker, stealthier and smarter. She managed to knock Tao out first because she knew what the time control could do, although she knew she wasn’t affected, she needed to make sure.

 

“you’re getting better and better, and it hasn’t been a week since we started to train.” Suho complimented her and she smiled. Suddenly the house emitted a loud boom and everyone turned to see that there was smoke coming out of the first floor, where Lay’s study was.

 

Sehun dispersed the smoke with his ability and Lay came out, covered in different colors. Everyone looked at him weirdly but he acted like it was no big deal.

 

“uhm, so.. what happened?” Xiumin asked

 

“sorry about that, I’ll clean up later myself but I was trying to combine some potions to the sample of the vial.” Lay answered and raised the glass.

 

“and?” Luhan asked, waiting for him to continue.

 

“and I still got nothing.” the healer’s face went downcast as he sighed. He’s never seen a liquid so complicated before.

 

“it’s okay. We’ll figure it out. What are your leads so far?” Baekhyun asked as he sat down the grass.

 

“well, first off, it’s blood. It’s not our blood or human blood. I don’t know whose blood it is.” Lay answered.

 

“why would Seojin’s parents give her blood? That’s just-----ew.” Tao commented and even if his description was unprofessional, he was right.

 

“don’t look at me, I don’t remember anything.” Seojin raised her hands in defense.

 

“let’s go inside and talk there, this place is getting too hot. I don’t want to turn to ash.” Kai said. Vampires can withstand a little sun but too much of it would kill them and burn them to a crisp.

 

They all went in Lay’s study since it was the most decent place to talk about the vial. Kyungsoo eyed the messy place and Lay looked at him apologetically. He’s going to clean up soon anyway.

 

“so this is blood, does the books say anything about pouring blood into something or what?” Suho asked but Lay shook his head. Pouring old blood onto someone is just disturbing and the legends didn’t say anything about that.

 

“how about drinking it?” Xiumin asked and everyone turned to him with a disgusted look. Is he serious? That blood is like centuries old.

 

“ew.” Tao and Baekhyun said at the same time and Xiumin froze their legs.

 

“YAH!!” Baekhyun yelled and crushed the ice with his strength. Xiumin just stuck out his tongue and continued to listen. Luhan shook his head, Xiumin can sometimes be a child but can sometimes also act so mature.

 

“unless I figure out what type of blood this is. We can’t do anything to it.” Lay continued the conversation and everyone nodded.

 

“what if Seojin’s parents want her to drink the blood? And then maybe she’ll remember the purpose of it and all that jazz.” Kai concluded

 

“if that’s true then it’s like a key, a key to Seojin’s memory or something.” Kyungsoo replied and they turned to the said hunter

 

“what? No way am I drinking that.” Seojin said

 

“it was just a theory.” Kai shrugged but Seojin made a face. Drinking that would be really disgusting.

 

“but wait, she said her parents said that this is the key to saving us all, I mean if she drinks it then that’s not really saving us. No offense.” Baekhyun said

 

“none taken.” Seojin replied. Baekhyun actually made sense into his point in the investigation.

 

“maybe Seojin will know what to do when she drinks it, and then that’s the key to saving us all.” Kai said again and Seojin threw him a book. Why was he bent on making her drink that thing?!

 

“interesting theories.” Lay said as he tapped his chin. He actually didn’t think about that, he was considering it but it still isn’t enough.

 

“so what? Is she going to drink this or-----”  Kris stopped all of a sudden and looked around the place.

 

“what is it?” Tao asked but was shushed. The time control master frowned at this but shut his mouth. Kris looked out the window, it was almost sunrise but he smelled something different in the air. The others listened as well, eyes looking here and there. Kris has a sensitive nose, sometimes they wonder if he was part wolf or something. Kris scrunched his eyebrows as he looked far away in their backyard and there he saw it, running faster and faster towards their house.

 

“.” he muttered  when the window shattered and a huge wolf came to view, it moved its paw and slashed at Kris, shoving him to the bookcase on the side.

 

“KRIS!!” Suho yelled in alarm. It happened fast, Chen disappeared and ran to Seojin’s side.  Kai grabbed the wolf and teleported outside, only to be met by six more. He was about to get jumped on but before teleporting away, light was shoved in the body of the wolf, pushing it back to its brothers.

 

“they’re here for her.” Luhan read their minds and the vampires formed a line. The seven wolves growled in front of the eleven vampires, their target was in that house, and they needed to get to her to fulfill their masters orders.

 

“give us the hunter.” The white wolf on the right growled but was met with hisses and sharp fangs. Suho and his brothers weren’t gonna let them get to Seojin. If they wanted her, they’d have to go through them first.

 

And so the battle began.

 

Kai grabbed Kyungsoo and disappeared before the brown wolf could clobber him, they reappeared above it and Kyungsoo used his strength to push the wolf to the ground. Chanyeol channeled fire in his hand with Kris and attacked the biggest wolf. The wolf, however, was quick and light on its feet so he dodged while running around.

 

Tao protected Lay, if there was someone who needed to stay alive in this battle, it was the healer. Tao made an attempt to stop time but he was suddenly pushed away from Lay by a giant paw. Tao’s head met contact with a tree, knocking him out.

 

“TAO!!!” Lay yelled and dashed to his brother, if not for the huge yellow wolf that stopped him. The wolf jumped on Lay but it bumped into a force field instead. It growled and tried to claw its way inside. Lay tried to get to Tao but the huge wolf kept on blocking him every step of the way.

 

Baekhyun flashed light into the eyes of the youngest wolf, it whimpered and lowered its head, enough for Baekhyun to hit him in the body. The wolf yelped like a puppy and it was thrown back, its skin burned, the smoke emitted from its stomach because of the attack.

 

“JUNGKOOK!!!” the biggest wolf growled and darted at Baekhyun. Suho saw this coming and formed water with the air. He covered the wolf with water and right on cue, Xiumin froze him. Baekhyun turned and down the frozen wolf with his light, shattering it to pieces.

 

“NO! NAMJOON!” the wolves were in shock to see their leader die. Their hot blood became hotter, their fur started to stand on end and their eyes turned red full of rage. The smallest wolf darted toward Baekhyun in a flash, slicing the arm of the light user.

 

“GET AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!!!” Chanyeol darted toward the wolf, pushing him off a bleeding Baekhyun and wrestling the wolf on the ground. Lay took a risk, he shut the force field off him and moved straight to Baekhyun to heal him, though he was slightly cut on the face he managed to escape. Baekhyun’s skin was turning black and blue and he was writhing in pain.

 

Werewolves have a great effect on vampires, one scratch from their claws could kill a vampire, their claws have poison that only them themselves can withstand. The wound on Baekhyun’s arm and shoulder electrocuted him, it felt like his skin was burning and there were a thousand needles piercing his skin.

 

“Baekhyun calm down, you’ll be fine.” Lay said and placed his hands on the bleeding vampire. Lay healed his tiny cut first since it wasn’t much of a scratch unlike Baekhyun who continued to trash around because of the pain, begging for it to subside more quickly, the gash was deep and there were three slices on his tiny shoulder.

 

Chanyeol continued to wrestle with the smaller wolf when he was slashed away by another. He was about to get struck again when fire passed by his head and hit the wolf, burning it in some ways. Chanyeol looked back as thanks to Kris who had wiped his mouth after the attack. He looked around the place, out of seven, one was dead and the other had just got blasted with fire, but why were there only three in the backyard? One was fighting with Luhan and Sehun, the other was with Kyungsoo and Kai while the last was targeting Xiumin and Suho.

 

“I need to get Tao.” Kris said and dashed to the still unconscious vampire. He picked him up and carried him towards Lay who was still in the middle of healing Baekhyun. Werewolf wounds are always tricky for a vampire to cure.

 

Suddenly there was a loud crash from inside the house and the next thing they knew, Chen came flying out with the fourth wolf on top of him, trying to bite his head off. Chen grabbed the wolf’s neck and pushed him away. He landed on the grass with a thud when he heard a scream.

 

“SEOJIN!!!” Luhan yelled when he smelled the over flow of blood. Luhan looked at Sehun who was distracted by the scent and was about to get clobbered, Kai appeared and kicked the wolf away and Kyungsoo used his earth element to contain Sehun in a small coffin, not covering the head.

 

“LET HER GO!” Chanyeol yelled at the wolf that had Seojin pinned down the ground with his huge claws. Seojin was unconscious and was bleeding through her sides. Chen’s eyes turned red and thunder could be heard even if the sun had just come out.

 

The wolf was about to strike when a force pushed him back, Chanyeol looked at Luhan who had his arm outstretched. Then there was crackling, Chen had ordered the lightning to strike the wolf, frying him to death. Two down, five more to go.

 

The wolves howled as one of them got killed once again. They all fell back, growling right next to each other while staring at the vampires. They were clearly outnumbered even if they managed to take out Baekhyun and Tao.

 

Suho knew they couldn’t let these wolves get away, he looked at Luhan who nodded, sending a signal to his brothers. They needed to kill them all, and kill them all they shall. Luhan used his telekinesis to separate the wolves from their line. Kyungsoo darted to the small wolf with Kai, they disappeared and reappeared above it, Kyungsoo used his strength to kick the wolf down, creating a massive hole. The wolf whimpered at the attack, such a small vampire was able to cause him great pain. It then widened its eyes when it realized that the ground was swallowing him, closing in on him and burying him alive.

 

Xiumin got behind a wolf, choking it with his bare hands. The wolf trashed around and attempted to claw the vampire away but his movements stopped when it felt coldness in its skin. The wolf opened its mouth to howl but Xiumin held on its jaws and froze him, inside and out. A slash of water came and the frozen wolf shattered to pieces.

 

Luhan struggled to get the wolf off him before it could scratch him with its claws, he was surprised when the wolf was off and a very disgruntled Sehun appeared right next to him. Luhan watched as the youngest created a small tornado around the wolf, the tornado moved faster and faster, making the air grow thin and the wolf unable to breathe. Sehun’s tornado kept spinning until he heard a thump on the grass, he stopped the attack and when the tornado died down, the wolf was down as well, out of air and of course, dead.

 

Chanyeol was caught in the two wolves, each of them biting at both sides of his arms, Kris was pushed back and was down on the ground. Chanyeol could feel the poison when one wolf scratched his chest, he needed to get out quick because he sure as hell knows what happens when wolf poison gets to a vampire. He felt his body get hotter and the wolves had noticed it too, the vampire’s skin was burning red and when they looked in his eyes, they saw a phoenix. The wolves eyes widened and they released their bite when they felt their teeth and tongue burn. Chanyeol’s body was covered with fire, one touch from him and you’ll be burned to a crisp. He moved against the wolves, catching one on the back and gripping on it tightly. The wolf whimpered as it felt its skin burn and melt away.

 

Kris got up from his fall, he saw the wolf that Chanyeol clung onto as it burned away into ash. Chanyeol fell on his knees, Lay was in front of him in seconds but they didn’t notice the last wolf that was aiming for them.

 

“CHANYEOL!! LAY!!! LOOK OUT!!!” He yelled at the two but to his surprise, the wolf had stopped, in mid air. Kris looked around and found Tao who was awake, his eyes were dangerously slanted to threaten the wolf who was frozen in time. Water then engulfed the wolf as Tao removed his time control, the big water ball drowned the wolf inside it, killing the last one.

 

Suho breathed out in relief, it was over, the wolves were dead. He looked around, most of them had cuts and bruises but it would heal with a few . The ones that needed to be tended to are Baekhyun and Chanyeol who received the poison, and Seojin as well.

 

Chen held Seojin in his arms and her wounds, thankfully, it wasn’t deep and the poison wasn’t present. The wounds closed one by one but she was still asleep. He picked her up carefully before walking to his brothers’ side. Baekhyun was contained in a force field, still unconscious while Lay tended to Chanyeol’s wounds on his chest.

 

“how did they find us so quickly?” Kyungsoo asked and looked at Luhan and Suho.

 

“wolves have a taste for vampire flesh, I’m guessing they picked up our scent instead of Seojin’s, but knowing she was with us, we lead them straight to her.” The leader replied as he eyed Lay who was pulling the streak of poison out of Chanyeol’s flesh.

 

“will they be alright?” he asked worriedly but the healer smiled in assurance. There was nothing in this world he can’t heal. It may take time but he will heal.

 

“take Baekhyun away from here when he wakes up. He would want blood, and right now, Seojin’s a live kebab.” Xiumin reminded and Chen nodded before walking towards the house.

 

“so where to now? I’m sure those wolves sent a signal to the council because of their howls, they’ll be here any minute.” Luhan said and everyone looked at Suho who knew where the hiding places were located.

 

“I have one other house, it’s in Ireland.” Suho said and everyone nodded.  But Suho wasn’t going to risk travelling by foot, all of them are tired and if they were human, he would say they needed sleep. But since they’re not, he’s just going to have to settle for plane tickets.

 

“when we’re able, I’ll make quick reservations. Kris, you’ll help me since you’re incredibly fluent with English.” He added and the rest agreed. Moving from one place to another was the only option they got, until they figure out what to do.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

BTS as wolves >:D hahaha