go

Hunted

Seojin had another dream while she was unconscious, her dream involved her overthrowing someone from the throne but she didn’t know who, the face was just a shadow in her dream. But then the dream made a rewind and it showed her standing right next to the one she just overthrew. What did that even mean?

 

She slowly got up from the bed and she scratched her eyes. She felt really cold at the moment and it was strange since the sun was up and blazing, probably killing all beings with the heat. Seojin’s nose then picked something up, it smelled delicious so she got out of her bed and ran outside. She slid down the stairs and ran to the dining room, only to find Kyungsoo cooking while the others talked.

 

“those wolves, why were they with the council? Did something happen?” Tao asked but no one answered, mainly because no one actually knew. Werewolves and Vampires don’t think alike and aren’t the best of friends, so it was really strange to see wolves do a vamps bidding.

 

“maybe they hate hunters as well?” Seojin asked and everyone got alarmed and turned. They didn’t sense Seojin’s presence; they didn’t even smell her blood. Luhan found this rather weird, a vampire could sense a human from afar, could it be that Seojin’s hunter abilities associated with survival are kicking in that fast? Her parents were the best hunters after all.

 

“all of us hate the hunters. No offense to you though since we’re on a feud but in the early times we did hate you guys, a lot.” Kris admitted and Seojin nodded, it was natural for a prey to hate the hunter.

 

“the council is gathering more and more followers, what are they up to?” Suho asked but he really wasn’t expecting an answer, he just wanted to ask.

 

“isn’t it too much of an effort? I mean, gathering all these creatures just to get Seojin.” Sehun said and everyone turned to the youngest who just shrugged, it was his opinion, and in some points, it was true.

 

Lay kept eyeing the vial, he was sure that it has something to do with that little red liquid. He saw something familiar in it during his study but it was also unfamiliar. It was strange that the subject was so near to be solved yet so far out.

 

“Lay are you okay?” Kris asked and Lay shook his head.

 

“this thing in here is making my head jumble, it’s obviously the answer to everything but what the hell does it answer?” he replied and opened the cap, as soon as he did, Seojin stood up. She had smelled the liquid before and when it passed by her nose, a flashback from the past occurred in her head.

 

It was her and a man who looked exactly like her, she guessed, her father. The man stood before her, it looked like an apparition but it also looked real. The man spoke inaudibly but Seojin read the words from his mouth. Then the scenery disappeared.

 

“what was that?” Luhan asked as he too had seen it. The moment Seojin stood up with a distant look in her eyes, he knew something was up in her head and he needed to look, he was surprised though that he wasn’t thrown out like before.

 

“I know what to do with it.” Seojin replied and walked towards Lay. The latter looked at her confusedly but trusted her judgment. However, they were all put to a stop when Seojin drank the liquid in one gulp.

 

“SEOJIN!!!” Chen yelled but it was too late, the last drop was gone, down in . Seojin wiped and placed the vial down, she liquid flowed through her veins and it pulsed, she held on , it was burning!

 

“SEOJIN!! OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU DO!?” Chanyeol yelled in alarm. Seojin felt her lungs burn and her blood was staring to get mixed with something else, she coughed and coughed, falling on her knees. Everyone panicked, what did she do!? What’s happening?!

 

“HYUNG DO SOMETHING!!” Chen yelled at Luhan.

 

“NO. DON’T.” Seojin coughed out and she fell on the ground, shaking, as if something electrocuted her. Luhan and the others wanted to do something but what? They don’t know what the results would be. Lay placed a force field on Seojin, he has read about this reaction before but he couldn’t believe it was real, he thought it was only in books and legend.

 

“she’s turning.” Lay concluded and everyone turned to him with wide eyes. Turning?? Turning into what?

 

Everyone didn’t have the courage to ask what she was turning into. They were just glued to Seojin who was in pain, and it was as if she was clawing something to come out of her. Lay couldn’t believe that he didn’t realize it before, the reason why the blood looked and smelled familiar was because it was Vampire Blood. And the reason why it was weird because it had a mixture of human blood in it.

 

Seojin screamed bloody murder and held on her head. The world was spinning in her view, everything seemed to be cold and she felt really thirsty. She felt run dry and she wanted nothing but to drink something warm to satisfy her cold state.

 

Flashes of the past came in her head. She saw her father, she saw her mother and she saw what her father truly was and she couldn’t believe it. Her father was a vampire.

 

Seojin held on her head, it felt like a virus was crawling up to her and it was flooding her mind with her past, eventually erasing her present, Seojin saw pictures of nothing but chaos, blood, ruin and destruction. It occupied her mind completely, forgetting who is a friend and who is a foe.

 

--

 

Chen didn’t know what was happening, he wanted to help but he didn’t know how to. What was happening to her? What was in that vial? Seojin screamed and their eyes went wide when her hair turned to a shade of blood red.

 

“what the hell?” Kris asked. Lay said she was turning, turning into what exactly? They didn’t know.

 

“this is something I have only read in books, I didn’t think it is possible.” Lay spoke up and everyone turned to him. Lay either looked frightened at his realization or worried.

 

“what is it!? what’s happening to her?!” Chen asked

 

“Seojin is a vampire. A half blood. Half Vampire, Half Human.” He answered and everyone’s eyes went wide.

 

“that’s bull! Vampires aren’t allowed to associate with humans! And her parents are hunters! How do you explain that?” Chen shouted

 

“I don’t know, but maybe when she completes the change, she’ll answer for herself.” Lay replied but there was uneasiness in his eyes. He knows that when Seojin turns, she will forget everything that has happened to her, she will remember nothing and will live to what she believes in the now.

 

“Lay…” Luhan had read his mind since it was overflowing with thoughts. He had heard what Lay said in his own little head and he didn’t want to believe it, but the healer knows a lot about ancient studies so he knows that what Lay had thought, would come true. Lay gave Luhan a look and then turned to Chen whose eyes were turning grey because of Seojin’s pain, he has no idea.

 

Chen.

 

Hyung, what’s happening to her hyung!? Is she going to die!? Please tell me she’s still alive and fighting in her mind.

 

Luhan communicated with Chen but he couldn’t say it. He couldn’t bear the thought of his brother’s suffering because of some prophecy that needs to be fulfilled. Everyone couldn’t believe it, vampires weren’t allowed to fall in love with humans, let alone mate with them. So what’s with all the crap their brother’s talking about? And if this was true, why were Seojin’s parents with the hunters before? Who was the human in her family? Who was the vampire?

 

Seojin’s writhing and screaming stopped all of a sudden and she dropped on the floor with her face implanted on the cement. No one made a move for the first thirty seconds but they needed to make sure she was okay.

 

“if something happens, stop time.” Suho asked Tao and he nodded. Luhan was the first to come close, followed by Chen who was getting anxious by the second. Luhan tried to see if she was awake by going through her head but something was blocking him again, he scrunched up his nose and was about to touch Seojin when the latter moved quickly, too quick for them to see.

 

First she was lying on the ground, the next she was holding Luhan by the throat. Seojin’s eyes were red. Dangerously a dark shade of red which meant she had no control. Tao panicked and stopped time but to their surprise, nothing happened.

 

“TAO!” Kris yelled for him to use his power but there was nothing, Tao was sure he was using his power but nothing was happening. Sehun couldn’t stand to see his hyung get choked like that so he dashed forward and attacked, but Seojin was quicker, she dodged and kicked Sehun at the back.

 

“SEOJIN WAKE UP!!!” Baekhyun yelled but she couldn’t hear them.

 

“Seojin?” she asked and everyone literally felt afraid of her tone. It was cold and it sounded so evil and dark.

 

“YES SEOJIN!! STOP! YOU’RE KILLING LUHAN!!” Suho said in an attempt to wake her up from whatever she had going on. Seojin tilted her head, she then felt someone prying on her hand, she looked to the side to see a beautiful boy, choking on air.

 

“Luhan?” she asked once more and Sehun was back on his feet, getting impatient he charged again, this time he was successful to push her off and catch Luhan who had crack marks on his skin. Sehun’s anger got the best of him and he created a tornado, bigger than the one he used earlier.

 

“SEHUN STOP!!! SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT SHE’S DOING!!” Xiumin warned but the youngest didn’t care at all. His tornado charged at Seojin but what she did made everyone fly back. She flicked the tornado back like it was a small fly, the tornado charged back at the others and they flew to different parts of the area.

 

“SEOJIN!!!” Chen yelled but she didn’t turn or even spare a glimpse. Luhan entered her mind in an attempt to make her remember, he was able to see a few before he was violently pushed away, causing his own head to hurt.

 

“s-she doesn’t know us.” Luhan breathed out, Lay was right. Luhan realized what he saw in Seojin’s head, it was only destruction and it occurred in the past. He saw her father who was teaching her how to kill vampires.

 

“what do you mean?” Chen asked, his voice shook a little.

 

“when she drank that vial, her memory of today, of her human life is erased. This is not Seojin the developing vampire hunter anymore, this is Seojin, full-fledged half vampire and  half hunter.” Lay said. It was stupid to conclude what Seojin was but it was obvious. A vampire that is out to kill other vampires, though it didn’t make much sense.

 

“I hate your time control, pureblood.” Seojin then said and looked at Tao and in seconds, she was right in front of him. Seojin’s red eyes looked back at Tao before she grabbed him and threw him across the room, breaking down walls and causing the house to shake.

 

“STOP!!” Luhan yelled and tried to control Seojin with his mind but it had no effect at all. Seojin just moved in between vampires, separating them with a kick and a punch, she even threw Chen outside.

 

“STOP CONTROLLING ME TELEPATH.” Seojin’s words were that of a hunter but her eyes and fangs screamed vampire everywhere. Luhan was grabbed by the shirt and pulled up to stand, Seojin pulled down his right sleeve and bit him hard.

 

“HYUNG!!!” Sehun and Kai shouted and attempted to pull Seojin away but the moment they took a step, they were sent off flying someplace else. She continued to drink Luhan’s blood, not caring that the latter was turning paler and paler, skinnier even. Luhan felt life come out of him, Seojin was killing him.

 

She suddenly felt pain on her back and she turned her head, letting Luhan go and slide down unconscious to the ground. Chen had hit her with lightning even if he didn’t want to, but if he let her go on, she’d kill Luhan. They needed to contain her.

 

“Seojin please, try to think and remember. We’re friends.” Chen begged, he doesn’t want to hurt her but if that’s what had to be done to stop her, he would. Seojin just looked back at the curly haired boy, he seemed familiar but unfamiliar.

 

Chen didn’t see any recognition in the latter’s eyes and this bothered him big time. Has she completely forgotten?! How is that possible!? That vial is poison to her mind!

 

Seojin then looked around her, she was outnumbered and she still needed strength to kill these vampires. She looked outside and into the forest, before darting away and disappearing like the dust. Chen’s eyes went wide in alarm at her speed. He was about to follow her but something blocked him, he turned to see Lay’s force field.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? WE NEED TO GO AFTER HER!!” He yelled but Lay shook his head

 

“we won’t stand a chance against her Chen and you know it. she has no memory of us, all she can see is that we’re enemies. She’s a vampire that hunts vampires. I don’t know how this happened but when we search for her, we need to be ready to face her.” Lay said

 

“BUT SHE’LL BE A THREAT TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!!” Chen yelled. He wouldn’t want Seojin killing people because of her vampire instincts.

 

“I don’t think she’s that reckless, she’ll attack vampires but not humans.” The healer replied when they heard a loud scream coming from Sehun and Kyungsoo.

 

“LUHAN HYUNG!!!” Sehun yelled and shook the elder but there was no response, Luhan was thin as a stick and he looked all flesh and bones, no meat. Seojin drank too much blood, if she didn’t stop she could’ve killed Luhan.

 

But Lay wasn’t even sure if Luhan was still alive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAN DAN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! :O