ichi

Hunted

The red liquid stayed stable inside the vial. Lay has been up all night; not like he sleeps, but ironically speaking, he has been up all night trying to figure out what the vial was for. Seojin said it was the key to saving them all. And according to legend, Seojin is the key to killing or saving them all, could the vial have something to do with it?

 

Suho walked in, looking at his brother who was busy with all the books and papers lying around.

 

“anything?” he asked but the potions expert shook his head. There was nothing in the books. He has opened the vial and had taken a sample.

 

“it is thick as blood but it smelled awfully different, yet familiar.” Lay concluded and looked warily at the coven leader.

 

“does she remember anything else?” Lay asked but Suho sighed.

 

“Seojin is confused at what we had told her earlier, forcing her to remember something her parents erased from her memory is impossible. Though Luhan is doing everything he can to tap into her memory.” Suho replied when they heard a loud crash. Lay grabbed the vial and they both dashed to the living room, only to find Kris and Chanyeol on the floor and Seojin standing in her glory at the sofa.

 

“care to explain?” Suho asked as the fire duo stood up and dusted themselves.

 

“let’s just say her hunter instincts are starting to show.” Kris replied and rolled his shoulders.

 

Hunters have unique abilities and they are inborn, nature is weird, it created vampires but it also created hunters who are made to kill them. Hunters have extra strength to match the vampires, they have incredible flexibility and their survival instincts are natural.

 

“she threw our biggest brothers.. with one arm.” Baekhyun; the vampire in charge of the control of light, explained.

 

“Seojin needs to train to control her abilities.” Luhan declared and looked at Seojin who was still bewildered at what she had done. Kris and Chanyeol were helping Luhan, tapping into the mind is a dangerous task and if not controlled, can go bad. They were simply holding her down but something in her moved by itself, and the next thing she knew.. the two tall brutes were across the room.

 

“it’s still early. Let’s see what you can do.” Kai grinned and disappeared. Seojin’s eyes went wide but she stood her ground, waiting for the teleporter to show up. She doesn’t know a thing about defense but she felt like her body will move on her own again.

 

And it did. She sensed that someone will show up on her right and she extended her leg to kick whoever it was, Kai of course blocked it since he was a little faster but he grinned, he didn’t think Seojin would figure out so easily.

 

“good.” Kai disappeared and reappeared in front of her and pushed her back. Seojin was caught in small cold arms and she looked up to see Xiumin; the vampire in control of ice. Seojin felt cold, not because the one holding her was cold blooded but because Xiumin was freezing her.

 

Seojin stepped on Xiumin’s foot and once she was free, she stared at Kris.

 

“you’ve got to be joking. The furnace is over there.” Kris jerked his thumb but then a flame appeared in front of Seojin and she thawed her frozen arms. She looked at Chanyeol and thanked him.

 

“The phoenix is clearly more generous than the dragon.” Lay chuckled.

 

“I just woke up and you guys greet me with the you’re a vampire hunter crap and now here I am surprisingly able to defend myself against full-fledged vampires.” Seojin concluded

 

“Vampire Hunters have special in-born abilities that needs to be enhanced in order to be at their full potential. Your parents were the greatest in using their abilities, they were the ones in horror stories our parents use to tell us.” Suho said

 

“strange. I didn’t know Vampires use Hunters in horror stories. We use you in ours, uhm.. human-wise.” Seojin replied

 

“heads up.” Baekhyun joined in the training and projected light from his hands towards Seojin who almost got hit if not for her reflex.

 

“not in the house please. There’s a backyard.” Kyungsoo; the earth user, pleaded and then glared at his brothers. The others gulped and Kai disappeared to hide behind Seojin who looked at him weirdly.

 

“let’s go outside.” Kai said and disappeared with Seojin to their backyard.

 

--

 

Chen watched by the side as Seojin battled with some of his brothers. He wasn’t jealous. Nope, he knows Seojin needed training and it was what his brothers are giving. He wasn’t jealous of the fact that Chanyeol is helping in defending her, laughing when she trips or falls. He wasn’t jealous of Kai who keeps changing positions, annoying Seojin but making her smile and enjoy the training more. NOPE. HE WASN’T JEALOUS.

 

“and why is the guardian just sitting here and not there, protecting the one he’s supposed to be guarding?” Xiumin sat down next to Chen and they watched as the others played-----trained.

 

Chanyeol, Tao, and Baekhyun were on Seojin’s side while Kai, Kris, and Luhan were against her. Sehun was by the side, sure he can control his powers but being near Seojin might make him go haywire again and Luhan wasn’t going to risk it.

 

“I’m guarding her. Just watching over.” Chen replied as he watched with complete boredom when Kai appeared on the right side of Seojin but got blasted with Baekhyun’s light.

 

“I don’t need Luhan’s telepathy to figure out how you feel about our little hunter.” Xiumin grinned and Chen looked back in alarm, the guilt written all over his face.

 

“I don’t like her.” He said, or more like… denied.

 

“I never said you did.” The elder grinned and dodged an incoming lightning stream. Xiumin chuckled and patted Chen’s head before heading inside to help Suho and Lay.

 

In the battle, everything suddenly stopped and Chen rolled his eyes as Tao stood there in his glory. Though what he wondered about was why Seojin could move while the others couldn’t. even Chanyeol and Baekhyun were frozen in time but they were a part of Tao’s team.

 

Was it a hunter thing? But Seojin was clearly affected by Luhan and Kai’s powers earlier. Why was she not affected by Tao’s time control?

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------

hello! ^_^ first chapter is here ^_^ glad you guys decided to give this a chance! thanks!

/twitter/  just in case you have questions that need IMMEDIATE answers, I'm always online here.. ^_^