Whole New World

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’ll go get the keys from the office. Meet you all at the band room,” Kyuhyun walked out of the seminar room, humming in response at Siwon calling after him to be careful.

 

Everything was seemingly back to normal with the bustling school life taking over the campus again after the final examinations concluded. Changmin reportedly went for his examinations, although Kyuhyun couldn’t be sure whether his friend actually wrote the papers or slept through the examinations until the results came out. Their band activities resumed as they prepared for the college festival, an annual three-day celebration that was held two weeks after the end of examinations. It served as the college’s open house as well, with the campus being opened to public for visiting.

With the busy preparations for performance taking up his time, there was less time for Kyuhyun’s mind to be run wild. He was oddly getting used to the absence of the three months in his memory, or rather, he was getting used to his current position as Siwon’s boyfriend.

 

They never officially confirmed their relationship with each other. After that day at the skating rink, Siwon got bolder in his actions and openly displayed his affection for Kyuhyun. When Changmin questioned them on whether they got together, the silence of both parties became a wordless confirmation of their relationship as boyfriends. It eventually spread throughout their circles of friends.

Kyuhyun didn’t mind Siwon’s occasional public display of affection towards him. In fact, he felt the butterflies fluttering in his stomach in a good way whenever he caught the multiple pairs of eyes enjoying their show. He never thought he could be the shy kind, but the way Siwon fussed over him and his boyfriend’s cheesiness made him blush in embarrassment in front of others. But it was a nice feeling to have someone love and take care of you as though you’re the most precious thing in his life. And that was what Kyuhyun was to Siwon in the eyes of many others who had told Kyuhyun so.

 

Despite the gratitude Kyuhyun had for Siwon’s presence, there was a tinge of guilt he experienced alone whenever he thought about their relationship. He knew he wasn’t reciprocating the same amount of care and affection for Siwon and it was unfair towards the latter. But Kyuhyun didn’t know how to improve the situation at all. Owing to the memory loss, Kyuhyun didn’t know if he really liked Siwon deep down in his heart. All he knew was that Siwon was the person he was supposed to like. What made him felt the guiltiest was the feeling that ensued their kiss at the skating rink.

 

That day, it was Kyuhyun’s move. Yet, it felt wrong.

He couldn’t figure out why, but it felt as though Siwon wasn’t that person he had failed to grab on to in his memories. He didn’t experience any yearning or love in that kiss they shared.

 

But Kyuhyun couldn’t just pull out and hurt Siwon, when he was the one who first made the move. Thus, he pushed his uneasiness to the back of his mind and went with the flow – he enjoyed the affection Siwon showered on him.

It wasn’t much different from how they used to act around each other as friends, except the skinship and the recognition that they belonged to each other. And Siwon was very considerate towards his feelings, always ensuring that he wasn’t uncomfortable because of something Siwon did.

However, at the end of each day, Kyuhyun still wished for those three months of memories to come back. Maybe then could he love Siwon wholeheartedly without reservations.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun pushed open the glass door to the admin office, walking habitually to the corner of the counter that sat the logbook for room keys. He picked up the pen and started filling in the details for the record to draw the key for their band room, unconsciously humming the song for their performance later.

 

“Lee Sungmin-ssi, please help me sign here.”

 

The familiar voice of the office ahjumma caught Kyuhyun’s attention. He turned his head to the side, catching sight of a blonde scribbling on the sheets of paper on the counter. Kyuhyun adjusted his position, bending his head in an attempt to catch the blonde’s face that was blocked by his hair. The physique was one Kyuhyun don’t recognize in school and the name sounded unfamiliar too, which was supposedly normal in their college that had thousands of students. But Kyuhyun felt a mysterious sense of curiosity towards the blonde.

 

Before Kyuhyun could close that few steps to the blonde, the student rushed out of the office after handing the office ahjumma the signed papers.

“Sungmin-ssi! Sungmin-ssi!” The office ahjumma called after the student, but the blonde didn’t even turn his head.

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi! Please help me stop the student and pass this to him!” The office ahjumma held out an identity card, gesturing towards the door the student had just ran out from.

 

Kyuhyun immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter