The Aftermath

My Heart Only Stops for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello! Sorry I've been missing for three weeks here. Firstly, the reason is definitely not Sungmin's dating news. I support him and I won't stop writing. I had been really busy with school work and faced a lot of difficulties trying to churn out this chapter because I couldn't get the emotions right. (If you're wondering why my other ongoing fic gets weekly updates, it's because I have written chapters stored, but not for this.) I can't give any guarantee to how often/regular this fic will get updates, but I'll try my best. Hope this chapter is not too awkward and thank you for sticking around. ^^

 

 

 

 

Sungmin lay on the bed, thoughts running through his mind endlessly. He was surprised to have come back to an empty hotel suite, but it was something he was grateful for. He needed the silence.

It had been two days since the incident and a day since Kyuhyun had regained consciousness. He did try to see him, but either Kyuhyun’s father or his sister was in the ward with him throughout yesterday and when he dropped by in the morning too. They were more than hostile towards him, making Siwon and Changmin stop him before he could even reach the door. Although the two werewolves’ attitude towards him changed for the better, they couldn’t do anything to help their situation.

As much as Sungmin wanted to climb into Kyuhyun’s ward through the window or slip in somehow when Kyuhyun was alone, he decided against it. Someone might turn up in the room any moment and catch the two of them together. He didn’t want Kyuhyun to have to face unnecessary family drama and quarrels. Kyuhyun needed the rest, and it was enough for Sungmin to hear Kyuhyun’s voice from outside, for him to know that Kyuhyun was fine.

 

“Sungmin! Are you back?” Yesung’s voice echoed throughout the whole suite, penetrating his room door.

“Maybe he’s still at the hospital.” Ryeowook said, in a much softer voice.

Sungmin sighed. He knew they would be worried if they found him in the room and yet not responding to them. Despite his desire to prolong the silence, he called out, “I’m in the room, hyung.”

 

The door immediately opened and Ryeowook’s head popped in. Sungmin dragged himself to a sitting position.

“In the mood for some food?” Ryeowook held up a bag of packed food.

“Not—”

“He’s eating. He needs the energy.” Yesung pushed the door wide open, grabbing the bag from his spouse. He turned the chair around and sat on it, facing Sungmin.

Vampires don’t get energy from food. Sungmin kept the argument unvoiced; he was emotionally too tired to quarrel.

~YS: You better eat it. Ryeowook begged, threatened, and bribed the hotel restaurant to lend him the kitchen and ingredients so he could cook for you.

Sungmin knew Yesung was exaggerating – they could have booked a hotel room with a kitchen and bought ingredients from the nearby supermarket, but he still received the box of jajangmyeon and chopsticks silently.

He didn’t miss how Ryeowook’s face lit up upon seeing him take a bite of the noodle dish. It was the same taste as how Ryeowook cooked for him everytime, the way he liked it.

Although he really wasn’t in the mood to eat, he forced himself to continue inhaling the noodles.

 

“Where did the rest go?” Sungmin placed the box down on the bed, receiving a bottle of mineral water from Ryeowook.

“They went to hunt.” Yesung answered as he patted the space in between his legs. Ryeowook obliged and sat down, and Yesung’s hands immediately circled his waist.

Seeing the intimate touch, Sungmin returned his attention to his food before the images of him and Kyuhyun embracing could pop up in his mind. He could have asked the couple to hold their intimate actions before him, but they had specially come to Busan to take care of him because they were worried.

It had been a good idea because the rest – Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul and Zhoumi – needed to hunt, unlike Sungmin. He had seen his own eyes in the mirror before he left for the hospital in the morning. It was crimson red, a colour he had only seen at the start of transformation, which eventually faded when he abstained from human blood. The crisom red irises, the burst of energy in his body, the lack of need to hunt for now – it all reminded him of the fact that he drank Kyuhyun's blood.

Sungmin’s hands froze as the memories flooded back to him, bringing him to two days ago. That day, he almost turned into Kyuhyun’s murderer instead of his savior. It didn’t matter that his initial purpose was to save Kyuhyun from a transformation that could have failed. His inner nature had taken over for that few seconds and he was going to Kyuhyun dry.

Anger began boiling in him as he recalled Jay hovering over Kyuhyun, wanting to take his lover’s life.

 

“You missed the fun, but I recorded how I tortured your little boyfriend anyway.”

 

The video recorder. Sungmin haven’t seen it since the incident, as he had rushed Kyuhyun to the hospital with Leeteuk, letting the rest clean up the mess. A burning desire to know what happened grew in him.

 

“Jongwoon hyung,” Sungmin placed his food back down. “I want to see the recording.”

 

~YS: Is he talking about Jay’s recording?

~RW: Finally… he asked.

 

“Yes, Jay’s recording.”

Yesung frowned, but gave a firm reply. “No. Teukie hyung gave instructions that you are not allowed to watch that.”

“Please, hyung, I need to know.”

 

~YS: Know what? How Kyuhyun got tortured?

 

“No, I need to know what Jay told him. I don’t want Kyuhyun to think of unnecessary things.”

“There’s no cause for worry. There was nothing of that sort.” Yesung replied.

“I need to see it for myself, hyung!” Sungmin sighed at his own outburst, toning down his voice. “Please, hyung, Wook…”

Ryeowook turned slightly to look at Yesung, whose face was straight.

“No, I’m not going to let you watch it.” Yesung reiterated, stressing his words.

Sungmin shifted closer and grabbed Yesung’s hand. “Please, hyung. Just once, I promise I will control my own emotions. You can blind me if I lose control…”

“Let Sungmin hyung watch it, okay?” Ryeowook said, placing his hand on Sungmin’s shoulder. “He needs the assurance.”

“Wook!” Yesung called out with slight annoyance at Ryeowook’s support in Sungmin’s stupid decision.

“Please? He is entitled to know.” Ryeowook persuaded.

“Please… hyung.” Sungmin’s voice cracked.

“Urgh.” Yesung rubbed the back of his head roughly. “Fine, but we are watching it with you.”

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

“Tell me the truth. Did Sungmin come to see me?” Kyuhyun asked immediately when Ahra and his parents finally left his ward for lunch. He had tried to ask them whether Sungmin visited, but all he got was a hostile ‘no’ and that he wasn’t allowed to see Sungmin again.

He hasn’t seen any of the Ohana since yesterday afternoon. Leeteuk didn’t show up again and he only got to know from his doctor that Leeteuk had handed his case over. He had waited, and finally managed to persuade his sister to take his parents out of the hospital for lunch and a break away from the ward. He needed the chance to talk to his friends without his family around.  

 

Changmin sighed audibly as he set Kyuhyun’s lunch on the overbed table. He threw a look at Siwon, but realized that the latter wasn’t keen on answering Kyuhyun’s question from the blank stare he was giving to the floor. Seeing no other choice, he answered, “Yes, yesterday and this morning too.”

“Why didn’t you all let him in!” Kyuhyun accused. Changmin threw him a you’re-hopeless look before raising the bed so that Kyuhyun could have his lunch.

“Do you think your parents or your sister would have allowed it, babykyu?” Changmin retorted.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and looked out of the window again. It had become a habit for him in the ward, hoping that Sungmin would be there the next time he looked out.

“Is Sungmin angry with me?” He muttered to himself.

 

“Stop looking. He’s not out there.” Siwon said, pulling Kyuhyun’s gaze away from the window.

“How do you know? He could be right there watching.” Kyuhyun said indignantly.

“I just know. He left the hospital already.” Siwon replied calmly, not at all affected by Kyuhyun’s snarky attitude.

 

They know Sungmin’s whereabouts? Kyuhyun suddenly recalled their conversation before he left for Busan. His best friends’ big secret.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter