08

Swag is for Boys, Class is for Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

Mark being woken up by someone banging on his door was not how he wanted to start his morning. He tried to ignore it but after a minute or two it became a headache. Lazily, he got out of bed and walked to the door to see who it could be.

He should have expected it.

Jin.

“What do you want, Jin? It’s like five in the morning.” The weariness in his voice was apparent and just by looking at him you could tell that he had just woken up. “If it’s something stupid, I swear to—.”

Jin decided to rudely interrupt Mark. “It’s important so get dressed.” He saw how unamused Mark looked and shrugged nonchalantly. “Or come in your pajamas, which works too.”

Mark decided to throw on baggy sweatpants and a tank top (since the cold really never bothered him) along with a snapback that was red with cheetah print on it. He knew he looked like a bum but it was too early in the morning for him to care legitimately. “So what is this about?”

Jin didn’t answer him.

“Jin, I asked what is this about.”

Jin still didn’t reply to him.

Mark just followed Jin in defeat. He really didn’t feel like prying Jin to tell him anything. From the route they took, they were headed to the office (which would have been nice if Jin mentioned that so he didn’t look like such a bum). Jin still wouldn’t say anything, even when they entered the building. Mark began to think that something bad had happened. I swear if someone lost the whole magazine I will be pissed. It’s hard enough trying to fix what we already have. He didn’t know if he felt more annoyed at the fact that Jin wouldn’t say anything or the fact that it was ing not even six in the morning.

Jin was obviously leading Mark to his desk, he would know since he took this route to his desk every day, but when they got there Mark was speechless. All of his stuff was in a box. Am I getting demoted? “Jin what the hell is going on?”

Jin looked sad, in a way, and stared at the box on the desk. “You’re…” Mark could tell he was hesitant to say it and in the end, he wished Jin hadn’t said anything. “They fired you.”

Mark was shocked. His cousin was the CEO, how the hell could he get fired? “This is a joke, right?” Jin shook his head, not saying much. He knew Jin must be serious, especially since Jin at lying big time. “How the hell could I get fired? I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“I don’t know, Mark. They wouldn’t tell me either.” His voice was full of disappointment. Jin didn’t want to watch his friend get fired, but it was life and it couldn't be changed.

“My cousin is the goddamn CEO of this company, how in the —.” Mark cut himself off. There was no use in yelling at Jin, and he knew that.

Mark got fired from the company that morning.

He knew he couldn’t change that even if his cousin was the CEO.

Mark wasn’t one to let something like this go easily.

He would get his revenge against the company.

And it wasn’t going to be pretty.

When Mark got home, he was extremely pissed off. Not because Jin had woken him up at five in the goddamn morning but because his company fired him for no reason. He looked at the clock and it read six thirty five.

Jin had told him that he would personally drop of his small box of things after work was out for him. Mark walked out without saying goodbye. When walking back home, he had tried to contact his cousin several times. After three calls, it went immediately to voicemail.

His cousin was definitely avoiding him.

Sure, Mark had enough money to live without a job for around a year but once the year ended what would he do? He sat at his desk, frustrated. They coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter