Sea aquarium

Daycare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month after Taeyeon’s accident, things have been going well and the teachers at the daycare thought that it would be nice for the girls to go on another field trip. So they gathered the girls after lunchtime to discuss about the next place they should visit for a field trip.

Yoona was the first to raise her hand and Luna allowed her to speak.

“I wanna go swimming again!”

“Yoongie, you can’t swim.” Yuri reminded the younger girl who had a look of disbelief on her face.

“Yes I can!”

“No you can’t!”

“Yes I can!”

“No! You drowned!”

Seohyun who was sitting in between her two unnis, quickly placed one hand on each of their mouths to keep them quiet.

“Thank you Seohyun.” Luna thanked the maknae.

“Arcade!!” Sunny yelled while bouncing on her seat. The mere thought of video games excites her.

“Sunny, you can go there with your parents ok?” said Luna, which only made the aegyo filled girl pout.

Sooyoung raised her arm and both the teachers already had a slight idea of where the shikshin was going to suggest.

“Yes Sooyoung?” Victoria allowed the girl to speak.

“Can we go to the bakery near my house? The donuts are really nice.” Luna almost banged her head against the whiteboard. This was going nowhere.

Hyoyeon raised her hand (which was kind of unexpected).

“Can we go to the sea aquarium? Dad said he would bring me but never did.”

Victoria’s heart almost broke at the sight of a disappointed Hyoyeon. She looked at her colleague and gave those pleading eyes. Luna knew that look. Victoria was trying to get Luna to agree to whatever it is she has planned.

“Yeah! I wanna see the fishes!” Tiffany excitedly said (more like yelled).

“Yay we can find Nemo!” Taeyeon cheered.

Luna knew this was a battle she couldn’t win so she only nodded her head. Sea aquarium it is.

 

*

 

It was two weeks after the discussion that they were finally going to the sea aquarium. The girls were beyond excited. The teachers however were a little anxious. They remembered what happened at the zoo with the HyoSun duo and they didn’t want the same thing to happen again.

Thus, for safety precautions, they got two relief teachers to assist them for this field trip. Who are they? They’re none other than Amber and Wendy.

Amber and Wendy were in charge of the YoonYul and HyoSun duo while Luna and Victoria were in charge of SooSeo and TaeNySic.

“Girls, remember to stay close to each other ok? Please. We don’t want anyone of you to go missing again.” Victoria reminded the girls (more like pleaded).

“Let’s go!” Amber led the pack to the entrance of the Sea Aquarium.

 

*

 

The girls were having a great time at the sea aquarium. They were now at the Ocean Journey section of the aquarium. In this section, the main attraction was the sea jelly habitat.

But before that, the girls saw other marine life creatures like the giant Pacific octopus, which scared the living daylight out of Sunny and Victoria.  Nearby the octopus was the Japanese giant spider crab.

The girls were surprised to see how big the crab was and Hyoyeon, being the brave one went closer to the display glass and was about to knock to get the attention of the crab when she was stopped by Wendy.

“You can’t knock, my dear.” Wendy warned the girl in the gentlest voice. Now, Hyoyeon was even more scared of her.

As they walked slightly further up, the sight of sea jellies greeted them.

“Ooo jellyfish!” Yuri squealed.

“No Yuri, they’re called sea jellies. They’re boneless, brainless and heartless. And they don’t look like fishes do they?” Amber explained to the girl who could only form a cute ‘o’ with her lips.

The sight of the sea jellies distracted Tiffany. She had always love the sea jellies and even asked her sister if she could keep them as pets.

Seeing as the girls were getting a little bored with the sea jellies and crabs, Luna announced, “Alright girls, let’s move forward. Plenty more of fishes and creatures to see.”

The girls and their partners followed Amber’s lead. All except Yuri and Tiffany who were still distracted by the sea jellies. Once again, the teachers did not notice of their absence. Their partners were also too excited to notice their absence.

After a while, Tiffany finally decided to stop staring at the sea jellies. She looked around and panicked. Her friends were not in sight. A few feet away from her was Yuri.  She quickly made her way to Yuri and tapped her friend’s shoulder.

“Yuwree! Yuwree!! Our friends! Our teachers! They’re gone!” The phrase ‘they’re gone’ got Yuri’s attention. Yuri turned around and her eyes searched for any familiar figures.

Tiffany already had tears welled up in her eyes. She had never been left behind before neither have she been lost in a public place. Yuri noticing her friend’s teary eyes quickly grabbed her handkerchief from her pocket and wiped Tiffany’s eyes.

“Tippani, don’t cry. We’ll find our friends ok?” Like Tiffany, Yuri has never been lost in a public place. However, her parents have taught her of what she should do if in any case she was lost. Her parents taught her to go to this place called the “i” counter.

 

*

 

“Yuri unni, look at the manta rays!” Yoona excitedly pointed to the manta rays

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter