Promises

The Hunger Games: EXO

“Chanyeol,”

Chanyeol squinted; in the midst of the fog was the silhouette of a very familiar person. He could recognize that person anywhere, whether it was in the dark or in the pouring rain. He broke out into a sprint, tripping before falling a top of the other person. Which he thought was insane because this person was very much dead. But he fell on someone who was very much alive.

“Baekkie you’re alive!” Chanyeol gasped as he clutched Baekhyun’s cheeks. He smashed their lips together before Baekhyun hastily pulled away.

“Chanyeol I didn’t come here to make out with you!” Baekhyun scolded.

“So you’re alive?” Chanyeol asked, cocking his head to the side.

“Let’s just say I’m un-active. I can’t give you all the details.” Baekhyun answered.

“Why not?” Chanyeol asked, offended.

“Can you get off me? I need to tell you what I came here to tell you and leave.”

Chanyeol woke up with a start. He reached over to the left, feeling that Baekhyun wasn’t there he remembered everything that happened. The arrows, the promise, the dream. The dream couldn’t have been fake! It just seemed so real. He shook his head, what Baekhyun told him had to be true. He got up and silently walked with the others, falling back. He purposely stood farther away so he would not get the urge to tell them what Baekhyun had told him.

He recalled when he had foolishly spilled Yura’s secret as a child.

“Really,” An eight year old Chanyeol asked, “That’s incredible! I can’t wait to tell Baekkie!”

 “You will not tell that Byun Baekhyun!” Yura snapped. “You weren’t even supposed to find out!”

“But Yura,” Chanyeol pleaded. Baekhyun loved secrets. The boy was practically swimming in a pool of Chanyeol’s own secrets.

“Noona!” Yura scolded, “You are really neglecting your honorifics lately!”

Chanyeol pouted, “But you becoming a weather lady is very important.”

“You don’t understand,” Yura laughed hauntingly. “District people who become weather ladies are almost the lowest of the lows.”

“Why is that?” Chanyeol asked.

“We tell the people the weather. The people don’t want or care for the weather! Most people don’t even have cable; it’s a waste of time. But it has some of the best pay, yet people always hate weather spokesmen because of them just being useless and the fact that they don’t need to lift a finger to have money.” Yura explained.

“Then go somewhere where we won’t hate you!” Chanyeol suggested.

“That would be the Capitol.” Yura pointed out. “But because of me betraying you all, you would hate me.”

“Go for your dreams Yura noona.” Chanyeol said, “If being a weather lady is your dream than you should go for it, become the weather lady of the District.”

“Chanyeol.” Yura smiled, “Thanks.”

“BAEKKIE, BAEKKIE!” Chanyeol yelled as he ran over to the shorter.

“What is it? You’re making me go death!” Baekhyun whined, covering his ears.

“It’s about Yura noona.” Chanyeol panted, it had been such a long run from his house to Baekhyun’s.

“Spill.” Baekhyun demanded. Baekhyun was known as the Secret Boy, the knower of all secrets. He had a way with words that allowed him to find out secrets about every person in the District, and these secrets allowed him to rule over each and every one of them with an iron fist. Well, as big as an eight year-olds iron fist can get.

“She wants to become a weather lady.”

“Isn’t that a very disrespected job among the Districts?” Baekhyun questioned, only to be interrupted by a very loud screech.  

“PARK CHANYEOL YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT, YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT.”

A hand, a stern slim hand grabbed Chanyeol by the ear.

“Noona no!”

“Let’s go for a walk.”

“Noona don’t do this I can explain!”

“Baekhyun you better tell nobody about this unless you want to be ear dragged.”

“Chanyeol we found the water.” Luhan tugged at Chanyeol’s sleeve, snapping him out of his reverie.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love you?” Chanyeol absentmindedly said.

Luhan gave him a puzzled look as Sehun glared at Chanyeol. “Thanks?”

“Sorry, I’m just really happy.”

The others exchanged confused glances with each other and shrugged.

Kyungsoo bent down and glared at the large vast pool. “I don’t know guys, we’d better see if this water can be a home for animals.”

“Then we definitely know it’s safe.” Luhan concluded.

“Exactly!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“There’s that weird bird!” Jongin exclaimed, pointing at a nearby flock resting on the water. The birds resembled swans, graceful yet deathly. “They’re like swans really.”

Luhan shivered, the one bird he hated the most was swans. When he was a kid, a swan had chased him around for almost twenty minutes before he found Taeyeon and hid behind her. Which was very shameful because Taeyeon was considerably shorter than him even as a kid, and he being the tall kid had to crouch behind her.

“Something wrong?” Sehun asked.

“Nope, nada, nothing.” Luhan answered, Sehun shot the elder a disbelieving glance. Luhan frowned, he was a horrible liar.

Sehun smirked as he picked Luhan up bridal style. Much to Luhan’s dismay, “PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT, HOW DARE YOU, YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO DO SUCH A THING?”

Sehun laughed as he spun Luhan around a few times to make the elder dizzy; which did happen. “You have to tell me or I’m going to spin you and throw you into the pool!”

“Excuse you, but we can’t be distracted while we have a larger matter to attend to!” Luhan shouted.

Luhan. Shut up.” Kyungsoo growled, “I’m trying to concentrate and you’re not helping at all!”

“Besides we might attract too much attention.” Chanyeol pointed out, “Luckily the map says nobody is in our radius, and couldn’t possibly have heard you.”

Jongin sent the two an amused glance, “Sehun’s getting romantic nowadays isn’t he?”

Sehun stuck his tongue out at Jongin, “You .” Before spinning Luhan once again, causing the elder to collapse in his arms each time he spun.

“Stop I’ll tell you, you ungrateful inconsiderate freaking brat!” Sehun sat the boy onto the grass and knelt beside him waiting.

Luhan carefully explained the day as a child while being scared by the swan and then had to run behind his sister. He absentmindedly touched the locket while he explained it, remembering his sister.

Sehun just chuckled and grasped Luhan’s hand, “I’ll protect you.”

As if on cue, a parachute dropped down. Jongin grabbed it and opened it. “I have no idea what this is.”

“It’s used to test the water’s poisonous levels!” Kyungsoo shrieked, grabbing the device from Jongin. “Thank you world!”

Everyone patiently waited as Kyungsoo tested it. It was similar to a pregnancy test. If the bars showed negative then the water was poisonous, but if the device showed positive the water was drinkable. The wait was equivalent to waiting for a pregnancy test as well, the flasks of water had all been drunk and each of them was thirsty. Chanyeol made sure to keep an eye on the map however, being as cautious as possible.

“It’s positive.”

They drank from the pool happily, of course before they carefully drained it of any harmful sediment of any sorts. Afterwards, each of them splashed their face clean, enjoying the cooling water on their skin. It was as if they had their own luxury.

“Let them have their fun Kris.” Tao said to the older.

Kris and Tao were currently standing in a large tree very far away from the pools the Careers were currently occupying. Thanks to a sponsor, they had received a telescope which was perfect for spying on their prey.

“I understand, but we must remember what CAP told us.” Kris nodded, “It is the key to our future.”

“I would never forget.”

“Good because I will never leave this world without keeping my word.”  


WOW I left so many mysteries,

What did Dream-Baekhyun tell Chanyeol?

Is Dream-Baekhyun real?

What did CAP tell Kris and Tao? And why are they being all hush hush about it all?

Back to reality:

I understand that the whole Kris thing has left he fandom running around frantically.

Everything that we thought we knew is left in shock.

Everything happens for a reason right? If it's Kris's descison to do such a thing, why should we stop him? Think of it in his shoes. What if you're living in the fame but being treated poorly? It's like you are a slave and cannot leave because you are bound to the land. And we cannot have slaves anymore, according to the 13th Amendment.

We have to just cooperate with the situation and behave calm and act out how good fans are.

OT11 or OT12, we will always support them and whatever happens.tumblr_m25bjnq5mP1r80ig8o1_500.gif

We will always be one.