Grabbing Ears

The Hunger Games: EXO

“I have never seen anything so delicious looking in my life.”Jongin’s mouth watered as Kyungsoo cooked the meat of a bird-like animal on a spit.

“I know right, after getting used to Capitol food, I just need meat every day.” Chanyeol nodded, “I’ll even eat bacon.”

Baekhyun shot him a glare, “Shut up!”

“Aw sorry baby, I’ll never eat you, you know that right?” Chanyeol cooed, pulling Baekhyun onto his lap. He rubbed soothing circles on Baekhyun’s back which caused the latter to blush furiously. Chanyeol leaned down to Baekhyun’s ear and whispered seductively, “But you look so delicious.”

“I-I u-uh!” Baekhyun stuttered. Chanyeol had switched from his usual giant happy virus attitude to some low voiced seductive man. Chanyeol’s voice was low before, but his choice of words, oh they were definitely something else. And the years of experience Baekhyun had with Chanyeol did not prepare him emotionally for such a thing.

“PDA ALERT!” Luhan suddenly shouted, “We are trying to get ready to eat here.”

“Yeah we don’t need some live show okay?” Sehun frowned.

“Oh please, you guys showed us quite the live show this morning.” Kyungsoo giggled as he cut the bird and skewered it, “It was the live show without the intense make out session.”

“Yet,” Jongin added, “They’re slowing moving along.”

“Shut up!” Luhan growled, “Oh a parachute!” Luhan grabbed the falling parachute, inside was another flask of water, “Great we have more water before we can find our own water source!”

“Nice!” Kyungsoo piped, he handed everyone their share of food and they sat and ate, drinking a bit, everyone passing the flask around.

“This bird tastes pretty good.” Chanyeol commented.

“It tastes very similar to a fish we have at home.” Luhan commented, “That’s strange.”

“I agree.” Kyungsoo answered, “But it seems to have escaped my memory what fish it was.”

“Unless the bird ate fish recently.” Luhan added. “This means that there has to be a water source around here!”

“Yes it must be freshwater; the bird had a very long beak which could be similar to that of a crane’s.”

“Let’s go!” Baekhyun exclaimed as they trudged on.

They were walking on a winding pathway, not concealed at all by any trees. Jongin took the lead with Baekhyun backing up the end. Everyone was armed for any attack.

But being armed could not protect them in general.

Suddenly, an arrow came out of nowhere, piercing into Baekhyun’s thigh. Baekhyun crippled over in pain.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol immediately ran over to the elder. Another torrent of arrows flew, as each one hit Baekhyun until Chanyeol blocked the rest.

“Someone cover Baekhyun!” Luhan screamed as he deflected arrows that were all aimed at Baekhyun.

A heart wrenching sound of a cannon blasted. Baekhyun dropped to the ground.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol screamed, cradling Baekhyun’s head, blood was gushing from very large gashes in the boy’s body; Chanyeol removed an arrow to see that it had caused major damage. The blood began to flow faster; a small pool was forming on the grass.

Kyungsoo froze as he smelled something strange. He had no idea what it was, he couldn’t place his finger on what the smell was, but he knew it was trouble. “Get out of here, the hovercraft is coming!”

“But Baekhyun!” Chanyeol insisted, refusing to give up his boyfriend.

“Is dead, we have to give the hovercraft space to retrieve his corpse.” Kyungsoo commanded coldly, “If not, I have this feeling we’re all going to die.” He grabbed Chanyeol’s wrist and tugged him along.

“Goodbye Baekkie, remember I love you.” Chanyeol pressed a last kiss upon Baekhyun’s and ran.

They looked back into the distance. A white hovercraft hovered over where Baekhyun’s corpse was and carefully lifted him into the sky. They could just make out the faint purple hair of the boy dangling from the machine like crane.

“I don’t understand.” Chanyeol cried, “There was no way that Baekhyun could die so fast.”

Luhan shot the younger a sympathetic glance, “It was a sneak attack, and it could’ve been anybody.”

“I’m going to find out who it was and rip them limb by limb.” Chanyeol growled he shifted to look into the artificial sky, “Baekhyun I swear that I won’t leave this world without taking that freak down with me.”

“We have to keep moving to the water source.” Kyungsoo said monotonously.

“Why can’t we mourn Baekhyun’s death?” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“We have to keep going; this is what he would’ve wanted.” Kyungsoo explained, “We can’t just stay in a general area for long, Tao and Kris would get us.” He looked down at his map. “They’re close, but not close enough yet.”

“Why couldn’t you have used your map to see who killed Baekhyun?” Chanyeol accused, waggling a finger at Kyungsoo, “You could’ve warned us and we would’ve avoided the whole thing!”

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to retort but Jongin shushed him, “It’s not Kyungsoo’s fault, let’s go Chanyeol.”

“No.” Chanyeol answered stubbornly.

“Excuse me?” Sehun asked, “Dude we have to go.”

“Don’t dude me! I’m staying here.” Chanyeol huffed, “I need to pay my respects, and you all do!”

“This is the Games; we do not pay our respects.” Luhan reminded him, “Chanyeol you can pay your respects will walking.”

“Maybe you can, but I’m a terrible multi-tasker.” Chanyeol said, “Maybe it’s time we parted ways.”

“No idiot, the Games have just begun, there is no parting ways on the second day.” Kyungsoo frowned.

“I just lost a loved one and I’m already being yelled at for my actions!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“We are not trying to upset you Chanyeol, we are trying to compromise, all of us must stick together so we can survive till the end,” Jongin calmly said, “We all loved Baekhyun, and all of us are sad on the inside, but life goes on.”

This is when Chanyeol noticed everyone’s solemn face. He saw a reflection of his own mood in everyone. Even the poker faced Sehun, was sad.

“You’re not the only one who loved him.” Kyungsoo pointed out, a single tear slipped down his face. “We didn’t know him obviously as well as you did but we still feel bad.”

Chanyeol bit back another round of loud crying.

Baekhyun was his best friend.

“Bye Yura noona!” A five year old Chanyeol called, his sister’s image fading away into the distance.

“I’ll pick you up when you’re done with school okay? My classes are close to here.” Yura reminded him as she caught up with her other friends.

Chanyeol hummed as he walked around his new campus. Today was the day he started his courses at school! He finally was able to learn about his District and lots of other things! He rounded the corner to hear sobbing coming from a vacant bathroom. He quietly pushed open the door and tiptoed inside. The crying intensified, the sobs grew louder and louder. “Hello?” Chanyeol called, “Are you alright?”

The crying quickly subsided. “Yes.” The voice croaked.

“Doesn’t sound like it.” Chanyeol pressed on. His five year old brain was probably not as advanced as Yura’s; who always knew when something was wrong, but he was definitely not stupid. Chanyeol tried to open the stall; he had only opened it halfway when the person inside squealed and pulled it to close.

The two were having a tug of war with the stall door. Chanyeol frowned at the other boy’s strength, what was there to hide? With one last burst of five year old adrenaline, Chanyeol pulled the door open, causing a little boy to stumble upon him. The boy sent Chanyeol and himself upon the bathroom floor.  Chanyeol groaned as his back hit the floor, he looked up at the other boy whose face was red from too much crying and eyes completely red.

“Gotcha,” Chanyeol smirked, “Now you have to tell me what’s wrong!”

“I will not!” The boy exclaimed as he stood up and dusted his pants off.

“I won the tug of war so yes you have to!” Chanyeol insisted.

“I have nothing to tell you.” The boy said, faking a laugh, “I was just laughing so much I cried. My brother said that laughter can cause tears.”

“Yeah and so can bullying.” Chanyeol piped, “Yura noona told me that bullying is not right and when someone is being bullied you have to stick up for them!”

The boy’s face immediately fell at the b word. “But you can’t help me; this has been going on for a while.”

“But we just got in school!” Chanyeol was confused, how could bullying start so early?

“Well, it started today but I’ve always been bullied about my size and height.” The boy frowned. “They say that I’m too short and I’m to girly.”

Chanyeol only then noticed how he was a head taller than the other boy. “But you said you have a brother right? He can protect you!” He thought of when these boys were bullying Chanyeol about his ears Yura had marched over and grabbed each of the boys by their ears and dragged them around for a mile, until their mothers had stubbornly came to their rescue.

The boy sniffed, “Nope, my brother can’t help me because I’m not supposed to be a nuisance to the family. My father told me that he is disappointed to have birthed such a shrimp.”

“T-that’s just mean!” Chanyeol roared, his voice echoing throughout the bathroom, “Family has to stick together!”

“Tell that to my dad.” The boy frowned, eyes prickling with fresh tears.

“Oh no, no, no, no!” Chanyeol said as he dried the tears with his hands, “No more crying!”

The boy eyes him suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.

“I’ll save you from those bullies!”

“I don’t even know your name!”

“Park Chanyeol!” Chanyeol nodded, “What’s yours?”

“Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun answered.

“Okay Baekhyun from now on when people bully you I will drag them by the ear for a mile! I promise!”

“That’s insane!”

“Don’t worry! Yura noona does it so it’s okay!”

“Chanyeol pass the siracha.” Baekhyun commanded a sixteen year old Chanyeol.

“Baekkie it’s to your right.” Chanyeol pointed.

“Right,” Baekhyun mumbled, taking the red sauce and pouring it on his rice.

“Baekkie thanks for coming.” Chanyeol said as he brought Baekhyun closer.

“My father would be so disappointed in me.” Baekhyun frowned.

“He is disappointed at everything.” Chanyeol reminded him, “That old shrew.”

“He still brought me into this world.” Baekhyun reminded him.

“Fine young shrew, but he is still a very horrible parent.” Chanyeol pointed out, “But he’s the one who brought my beautiful boyfriend into this world.”

Baekhyun blushed at those words and turned away. “Hippie.”

“You haven’t called me that for years! You always call me that when I’m annoying you.”

“Exactly,” Baekhyun deadpanned but broke out into a loud course of laughter after.

“Mean Baekkie.” Chanyeol said as he swopped down for a light kiss.

Baekhyun laughed as he pressed his lips against Chanyeol’s.

“I HATE YOU PARK CHANYEOL!”

“I swear, I swear to god Baekhyun I didn’t cheat on you!”  A seventeen year old Chanyeol called after the running boy.

“You know what?” Baekhyun cried as he turned to Chanyeol, “Just forget that we were ever together and that we were ever friends.”

“What?” Chanyeol was taken aback.

“Yes,” Baekhyun said coldly, “Just forget we ever met each other.”

Chanyeol slid against the cold wall as Baekhyun left in tears. He really screwed up this time. He had gone and got drunk for the first time and let his entire secrets about Baekhyun spill. Right in front of Baekhyun. He recalled saying that the shorter was annoying and too short and too sassy. But those were all the things he loved. Why did drunken Chanyeol mess everything up and jumble up his words?

Two months after, the two were called for the games. Baekhyun had gotten his hair dyed purple was still cold and hostile and acted as if they had never met at all. The elder gave his heart to Chanyeol and the younger had ripped it up. Chanyeol tried to befriend Baekhyun again, regain his trust. But Baekhyun wouldn’t have that. Yet, the elder was slowly breaking; yearning for the younger.

But Baekhyun had broken too late.

And it was his turn to suffer.

“I promised, and I swear I will be grabbing ears.”

"맹세"


The last line says I swear.

I myself is really sad.

But we get to see Baekyeol's past.

Be prepared everyone.

The Games have just begun.

They still haven't found the water yet. Geez, we'll get there soon.

Fluff next chapter too heal your wounds alright? :)

Comment, Subscribe, Upvote, Tell Your Friends!