No Matter What

The Hunger Games: EXO

Flames engulfed the valley. Trees were burning and charring. The grass turning brown with every minute that passed. Chanyeol watched quietly at the scene from a distance. The sun had set, the snow had fallen, and the fire was lit. Kyungsoo said that the fire was a signal. A very bright and ambitious signal to not mess with the Careers. With a little bit of sap and other natural resources, they had created a bomb. A bomb that served as a sign to Kris, Tao, whomever saw it, that they were definitely not screwing around anymore. Chanyeol felt horrible. Destroying the forest like that. But Luhan had said that it was made by the Capitol, that it would try to kill us before anything or anyone else could. Screams of jabberjays could be heard. Chanyeol could hear his parents and Yura. But the voice that screamed the loudest was Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun himself was a typically loud person and there was not one moment that he was quiet. Even in slumber he was yelping loud high pitched puppy noises. Chanyeol smiled to himself, despite being a total arsonist he found joy in the moment.

 

“Guys.” Sehun grabbed his arm. “GUYS!” He yelled louder, pointing to the sky. A face illuminated the sky. A young woman. Honey brown hair and large brown eyes. Her eyes were dark however, here face grim and grave. The image was very staticy as well, distorting her features a bit before finally settling itself in a pure image of the woman. Chanyeol didn’t know what happened, Luhan had fallen to the ground at the sight of the woman.

 

“Taeyeon!” Luhan screamed as Sehun tried to help him to his feet.

 

I come with news.” Luhan stared up in disbelief.

 

The rebellion has come.” Jongin and Kyungsoo interlaced their fingers.

 

But the decision is yours. Do you want to fight for freedom? Or do you want to suffer under absolute rule?” Sehun bent down to carefully pick the boy up in his arms.

 

My name is Xi Taeyeon and I am your rebellion leader.” Chanyeol awkwardly held himself.

 

Suddenly the image of Taeyeon disappeared and was replaced with what seemed to be the faces of all the mentors. “Together we stand.” A familiar voice. Chanyeol looked up.

 

Together we fight.” Baekhyun’s face flashed up in the sky. As glorious as they day he met him, Chanyeol smiled as wide as he possibly could. Baekhyun was back. The sky’s image soon faded and the others panicked.

 

“What the heck!” Luhan screamed as he paced around in circles, “SO THIS IS A REBELLION? HOLY I’M CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A REBELLION OH MY GOD.”

 

“OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH.” Kyungsoo also seemed to be in panic mode, obviously losing his usual expression as he proceeded to kick a nearby tree. “THIS IS JUST OH MY GOSH.” The bark splintered as he kicked the tree. Luhan continued to pace around in circles while Sehun just stood there not knowing what to do. Jongin promptly sat down and took deep breaths.

 

“What do we do now?” Sehun asked whipping his head around. “How do we get out?”  

 

“I’m not sure.” Kyungsoo huffed between swift kicks to the tree. “I just can’t think!” He bent down and held his head. Kyungsoo thought he knew everything, when something was happening in the world Kyungsoo already knew it.

 

Sehun bent down to Luhan who was currently flailing on the ground, “Luhan it’ll be okay.” He wrapped his arms around the boy protectively, “You’ll see your Taeyeon again.” Luhan looked up at him with sad eyes, “We need to get out of here now.”

 

“Why?”

 

“The arena isn’t safe anymore, well it was never safe but now it’s going to be heck of a lot worse.” Luhan explained, “How can we get around now? Surely the Capitol must be messed up right now and the gamemakers are certainly going to try to keep us in.”

 

“Luhan is correct.” Kyungsoo nodded, “we need to find a way out.”

 

“Yeah despite how we just burned down the forest we have to now find a way out.” Chanyeol sneered sarcastically, “just great.”

 

“Jongin any ideas?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I think we should probably meet up with the other tributes because we can’t possibly be against each other now we should try to unite.” Jongin shrugged, “If we can work together we can all get out of here hopefully alive.”

 

“You think people like Tao and Kris will agree to join up?” Luhan asked, “they don’t exactly like us.”

 

“Why don’t you ask us?”

 

They all whirled around to see Tao and Kris walking towards them. Kris’s orange hair seemed mangled and covered in ash while Tao had a bandage wrapped around his middle. “Also nice little fireshow you got going on over there. Was that the opening act?”

 

“Uh.” Sehun muttered, this was obviously not a situation he could handle.

 

“We don’t mind joining together!” Tao exclaimed earning an eyeroll from Kris. “Tao keep your cool!” Tao slapped Kris’s head, “I can do what I want!”

“Anyways,” Kris continued, “I think if we work together we can escape together. Our instructor was also part of the rebellion CAP? Have you heard of him? He has a group which includes your instructors and some of the other tributes have them as instructors. He told us to stick close with you guys.”

 

“By threatening us?”

 

“We had to make it seem real and believable.” Tao continued, “we didn’t want anyone to get suspicious so we had to attack the Careers as soon as possible.”

 

“Who killed Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked, “i mean attempted to.”

 

“That, we don’t know. We were surprised that happened. Possibly it was another one of CAP’s friend’s tributes.”

 

“I think it was Suho.” Tao piped up, “Suho gege is a great archer!”

 

“Whoa wait how on earth do you know Suho?” Kris raised an eyebrow, “and you’ve never told me this!” Tao laughs slapping Kris in a manner that makes everyone think that he is drunk. Kris groans, “I apologize for uh this boy’s behavior usually he’s a little more calm.”

 

“I’m finally done with fighting!” Tao shrieks, “Yo Ho!”

 

“You are not a pirate.” Kris yells, slapping Tao back. Tao whimpers, “BULLLY!!”

 

“Dear lord save me.” Kris begs.

 

“Can we please figure a way out of here?” Kyungsoo cuts in. “As weird as this whatever friendship you two seem to have going on here, we have more serious things to discuss.”

 

“Like these two’s relationship!” Tao exclaims, “WHAT ARE YOU TWO?” He points a finger at Luhan and Sehun. “Look at you two do lovey dovey it makes me want to just hug you!”

 

“Please DON’T.” Luhan says, breaking free from Sehun’s grip. “And calm down, we can discuss Sehun and I later after we figure out how to get out.”

 

“I think there’s a way out of the force field that surrounds the arena.” Jongin pipes, “the fire we set could slowly char it away.”

 

“How we going to jump the arena?” Sehun points out. “We need an aircraft.”

 

“Maybe one of the force fields on the outer areas of the arena is deteriorating.” Luhan suggested, “we can walk around the arena and find the other tributes to try to get out.”

“We’d better get going then.” Kris says, “I think that we should hurry so we can hunt for food later.” And so they set off.

 

                        *

 

“Taeyeon they need assistance.” Baekhyun says, “there’s no way they can make it out without a hovercraft.” He faces the short woman whose gaze is fixed on the screen.

 

Taeyeon turns around, “I know that Baekhyun but there’s just the issue of the Capitol security. We’ve locked all the hovercrafts from entering the arena but it’s going to be difficult to open the gates again. We’ll be able to give the Capitol the chance to override our system.”

 

“Can’t we send another virtual sky image of what to do?” Baekhyun suggests, “then they won’t be going in the exact OPPOSITE direction where we need them to go.”

 

“Can’t you contact Chanyeol?” Taeyeon counters, “I’m positive that it’s easier to contact him.”

 

“The radar isn’t working.” Baekhyun sighs, “Chanyeol probably stupidly burned it along with the forest on accident.”

 

“He’s something else…” Taeyeon mutters, “no wonder you two are lovers.”

 

“How about your little brother and Sehun?” Baekhyun teases, “like seeing them together?”

 

“Honestly watching my brother kissing another boy doesn’t disgust me but the idea of this Sehun hurting my brother does.” Taeyeon admits, “when we get them I’m going to have a long parental like talk with Sehun.”

 

"How fun." Baekhyun says sarcastically, "where's L.Joe and Chunji?"

 

"They're trying to find a way to stabilize the Capitol." Taeyeon replies, "just to try to calm them down. The other Districts are fine, CAP, Ricky, and Chanjo are alerting them and taking them to the secret base."

 

"We need to get the tributes out." Baekhyun says, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

 

"I know." Taeyeon watches as Luhan and the others march through the forest. "I'm going to do whatever it takes."

 

"Maybe I can try to override the Capitol's technology?" Baekhyun suggests, "I did it numerous times to Chanyeol back in our district."

 

"You do that then." Taeyeon nods, sending Baekhyun to the nearest computer. "Ailee."

 

A curvy, beautiful woman steps out of the shadows. Shes dressed in all black and guns are equipped all over her. Theres a microphone attached to a choker on her neck that amplifies her voice to be heard miles away. However, the sound lulls people into submission to make them obey the user.

 

"Yes?" Ailee smiles as she applies chapstick on her dry lips before drinking some water.

 

"You think you can murder the president and all of the gamemakers?" Taeyeon groans, "they're becoming a handful."

 

"Taeyeon that's quite a pricy task you want me to complete. What's in it for me?" Ailee asks, "I'm just humbly asking of course, but as we are district friends..."

 

Taeyeon laughs at her best friend's antics, "I promise you a hearty meal and some of your favorite chocolate ice cream."

 

"Yo that's a rip off!" Ailee snorts, slapping Taeyeon lightly. "No money? No jewels?"

 

"We can't afford to give it away we need it for manufacturing!" Taeyeon insists.

 

"Taeyeoooon." Ailee whines.

 

"Fine once we're all settled in we can go on a total shopping spree." Taeyeon rolls her eyes.

 

Ailee laughs as she hugs Taeyeon, "I'll see you then."

 

"Be safe."

 

"Be safe."

 

Taeyeon sighs as she turns back to the monitor. She's going to save her little brother no matter what.


 


Hi guys!

 

Been not too long, hopefully!

Anyways, I’d like to address the whole Luhan problems. I will be continuing everything! I mean come on I even started more Hunhan things, check out my other fics if you’re interested. It’s a very sad thing, but at least he’s happy right? The only thing that bugs me is, since he left during a tour, all his clothes are still at the dorm? 0.o?

See you guys soon! Check out my other fics, I’ve written a bunch more :)