Before the Games Part I

The Hunger Games: EXO

Days pass by and Luhan and Sehun are not on the verge of making up. Kyungsoo just wants to cower into a corner and die because Luhan keeps droning on and on about how annoying Sehun is. Jongin keeps sending him smirks as he’s called for the Gamemaker’s assessment. Oh how Kyungsoo wishes he was Jongin, well isolated from Luhan’s complains. But the complaints stop when Sehun comes out of the assessment and Luhan shoots him a glare, to which Sehun returns. Kyungsoo does not want to know what is going to happen in the arena with those two. Sehun could very well betray the alliance and just kill Luhan.

“What are you going to do for your assessment?” Luhan asks as he leans back into the chair.

“I’m thinking of some archery, I’ve been doing surprisingly well these past few days.” Kyungsoo replies.

“I feel you; I might do some routine with a trident and to top it off some of those moving object jumps.” Luhan agrees, “I never knew I was good at balance.”

We sit there for another good three minutes and Jongin comes back out and they call in Chanyeol.

“Where’s my good luck kiss Baek?”  Chanyeol asks jokingly.

The purple haired boy, Baekhyun, does not find this funny and snaps back, “I could slap you for good luck.” He raises his hand angrily.

“Bye Baek.” Chanyeol laughs as he walks down the hall.

“Stop calling me Baek!” Baekhyun yells after him and he sinks lower into his seat.

“What’s up with you and Chanyeol?” Luhan asks, for over the past few days, he has managed to befriend this boy.

“Chanyeol is an idiot, there is nothing else.” Baekhyun remarks angrily.

“Or do you…” Luhan begins but is cut off by Baekhyun who slaps a hand over his mouth.

“Do not even start to go there!” Baekhyun cries.

“Whoa there, let’s just calm down.” Luhan laughs.

Baekhyun huffs as he sits back, “What about you and Sehun?”

“Do not compare Chanyeol to Sehun! Chanyeol is so nice and funny! Sehun is annoying and a brat.” Luhan exclaims.

“No way, Chanyeol is a hippie and doesn’t know anything!”

“Thanks.” Baekhyun spins around to see Chanyeol walking back into the hall with a very crazy smile.

“But I don’t appreciate you calling me a hippie all the time.” Chanyeol said with a frown. “Do you even know what it means?”

“I-I, y-yes!” Baekhyun exclaimed angrily, his face heating up.

“Really what does it mean?” Chanyeol teases.

“They’re calling me now, I’m going to go.” Baekhyun snaps back as he walks away, the tips of his ears burning red.

“A hippie is a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.” Kyungsoo answers, “Thus Baekhyun is using the wrong term to describe you; pacifist is a much better term, unless he is talking of your long hair, which you don’t have, so he obviously got pacifist and hippie mixed up.”

Everyone just looks at Kyungsoo. Luhan exchanges an uneasy glance with Minseok. Minseok’s new friend, Jongdae snorts, “What a walking dictionary, and I mean that in a good way.”

“I’ve read a lot of dictionaries.” Kyungsoo shrugged.

“Hey me to.” Jongdae laughs.

“Really, my favorite one is the one from a long time ago, the Webster’s Dictionary.”

“I was joking.” Jongdae exclaims.

“Stop being a troll!” Luhan exclaims, flicking Jongdae in the forehead.

“He can’t help it Luhan.” Minseok laughed.

Baekhyun strolls out and Jongdae gets sent in.

“Yeah you better run!” Luhan yells after him.

Baekhyun looks around to see that Chanyeol is gone. “Where’s the idiot?”

“That’s real nice.” Chanyeol creeps behind Baekhyun, sending shivers down his spine, “especially since I waited for you and everything!”

“You’re an idiot.” Baekhyun mutters as he walks away, Chanyeol chasing him.

Luhan looks over at the very fragile looking boy sitting across from him, District 3 Yixing.

“You okay?” Luhan asks, “You look like you’re going to throw up any minute.”

“Me?” Yixing asks as he points to himself, “Don’t worry I have barf bags stored away somewhere, I just can’t remember where.” He scratches his brown hair in confusion.

“You have to excuse Yixing here.” Suho, from District 5, cuts in, “He’s really forgetful.”

“Aww don’t be like that.” Yixing frowns, “I’ve had enough of being a total goldfish.”

“Why do they call you goldfish?” Kyungsoo inquires.

“I have a very forgetful memory; actually what are we doing here again?” Yixing answers but then looks up at Suho, who is sitting next to him.

“A real goldfish, this one.” Suho laughs.

“That’s rude.” Yixing exclaims, pushing Suho.

Suho playfully pushes Yixing back and Kyungsoo feels more jealousy bubble up inside of him. He has nobody left. Nobody’s going to ever be that close to him. He sighs to himself sadly; he knows that it’s probably because of his face, his eerie pale skin and abnormally large eyes. He’s a walking ghost that happens to be breathing and living. Kyungsoo has been this way all his life; he’s very insecure but knows his flaws. Like how he laughs a little to less than the average person, or how he yelps when he gets scared instead of being a man and toughing it.

“Hey you alright?” Luhan asks Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo looked at him feebly; Luhan had it all, a snappy, funny attitude, the looks, and a wonderful life. “I’m fine, just thinking about what to show the gamemakers.” He lied.

“Don’t get too worried, the Capitol people will love you either way.” Luhan reassured him.

Kyungsoo laughed to himself bitterly, as if. The Capitol citizens only sponsor the stealthy, good looking, or humorous tributes.

They called Kyungsoo first out of the District 4 tributes. Luhan slapped him in the back and sent him off with a, “good luck!”

Kyungsoo walked into the room, the gamemakers were all sitting at a rectangular table, giving him their undivided attention. Kyungsoo gulps as he scurries over to a bow and arrow. He didn’t do too badly on archery so he demonstrates that first. His fingers are shaking as he lets the first arrow fly. It barely hits the target; it’s as bad as Jongin’s. “Shizzlepancakes.” He mutters his own personal cuss word. He looks back and the gamemakers look extremely bored. Plutarch Heavensbee looks at him with an apologetic face.

Kyungsoo regains his composure and notches another arrow, this time he steadies himself before letting the arrow slowly sink into the target. It hit dead on. Finally!

Kyungsoo sets down his bow and notices something. A brain test? Why not. The extra points are greatly needed and he needs to show the best of him. Kyungsoo sits on the cold stool as the test warms up. There are categories everywhere. World history, Science, Human Anatomy, Math, they all seem like perfect candidates. Kyungsoo stops on one. Dictionary Recitation. The absolute hardest. It would definitely impress the gamemakers. He taps a few buttons and the test beings.

Question 1: What is abrogate?  

Kyungsoo thinks a bit, abrogate. He knows this, he knows it! He was reading it recently when going through a college dictionary. The little miniature clock is ticking and he has two minutes left.

He quickly types in, to cancel, destroy, or revoke. It’s correct! He pumps a small fist.

Question 2: What is chortle; give an example along with the definition

Kyungsoo laughs to himself, an easy word. He types in the answer, an exultant laugh, but pauses. An example? He does not know what an overjoyed laugh could be. But the clock is ticking and it’s no time to be an over thinker.  Kyungsoo just puts, Luhan laughing at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo looks over his shoulder; the gamemakers are watching him carefully. Kyungsoo is whizzing question after question, until a voice interrupts him.

“Kyungsoo.” Plutarch stops him. Kyungsoo whips his head around to stare at the plump man. “I apologize, it is very exciting to watch you, but we really have a schedule to attend to, and we still need to get through 15 more tributes.”

“Of course!” Kyungsoo exclaims, he got a little carried away. Kyungsoo quickly stepped away from the game and gave a bow to the gamemakers, “Thank you for your time.”

Kyungsoo steps back into the hall and sees Luhan. “How was it?” Luhan asks.

“Fine, good luck.” Kyungsoo answers as Luhan walks down the hallway because they’re now calling him.

Luhan walked in to see the gamemakers waiting. He stood there with a smile on his face and bowed, “Hello my name is Luhan.”

“What a nice attitude you’ve got there! Well go on now, strut your stuff.” Plutarch smiled.

Luhan grabbed a trident from the nearest rack, and threw it at a target. The target itself fell down along with the trident. Luhan glanced over at the gamemakers. They looked pretty impressed.

It’s time to show them something they won’t forget.

 Luhan picked up another trident and walked over to the moving tiles station, a station where panels are set to move however fast you want them to and you have to jump from one to one. He set it to the hardest level and clambered on. He jumped from panel to panel. It wasn’t too hard; he stuck each landing, like a gymnast. Luhan made the mistake of staying on a panel too long and it jerked beneath him, he was a good ten feet in the air. He quickly threw the trident in the direction of the target; hopefully it would make it, and swiftly landed on his feet.  

“Thank you for your time.” Plutarch said as Luhan walked out, he caught a glimpse of the trident, right through the heart of the human target.

Luhan walked his way back to the elevator, and hopped inside, but a certain someone also went inside as well.

“What do you think you’re-” Luhan stopped and doubled over in laughter, it was a very loud and rambunctious laughter that he had never laughed before.

Oh Sehun was standing in front of him with cake all over himself, and he was looking rather red. It was gold. No it was a chest of freaking rainbows. Cake was in his hair and frosting was all over his face.

“What happened? Did you eat a little too messily?” Luhan cried, laughing.

Sehun bit back a snarl, “Stupid Kai, when we were going back to the elevator he accidently tipped someone who was holding a cake for the gamemakers and it got all over me.”

Luhan continued to laugh; he fell to the ground and clutched his stomach. Sehun looked like a clown, despite having a poker face. Sehun’s face went even redder because of Luhan’s obnoxious laughter. Sehun grabbed a chunk of cake that was in his silver hair and smeared it across Luhan’s face. Luhan gasped and pushed Sehun away. The cake smeared on both his cheeks.

“That’s so rude! Who do you think you are?” (Running around leaving scarssss) Luhan cried.

“Well you’re the one who keeps laughing at me.” Sehun shrugged, “it had to be done.”

Luhan rubbed the cake of his face and frowned, he could still feel frosting on his face. But he felt something totally wrong.

His face was burning.

His cheeks were swelling.


Hello!

Part I of my two parts. This chapter is a bit shorter because it is a two part. And due to the demand lol

It's not as good but things will jazz up when the games start, because I'm trying to follow the Hunger Games plot line, but I'm going to drift from that a bit, but it's still very similar.

OK next update will be hopefully soon.

PLEASE spread this story around and subscribe and upvote and tell your friends.

<3