Her Visit to the Hospital

Her Silent Song

 

The silence between HyoRi and Luhan was more than the two song birds could handle. HyoRi kept on crying still and fainting was a normal occasion already and Luhan was always missing during lunch. Joonmyun trusted MiYeon and Jongdae to patch things up between the two but so far, they don’t have any progress. And so far, they don’t have any words to exchange with each other.

Minseok patted Jongdae’s shoulder when he groaned in pain and annoyance. He didn’t know convincing Luhan to explain to HyoRi would be this hard. “Can’t I just use tape to stick those two together? Maybe kidnap them, hyung?” Jongdae said in a pleading tone which made Minseok chuckle. “Lu-ge is just thinking about HyoRi-ssi’s broken heart. Maybe he’s waiting for it to heal before he can face her,” Minseok said.

“Or maybe he’s healing his own broken heart after seeing HyoRi-ssi look at him like that,” Jongdae mumbled, and luckily Minseok didn’t understand it. “You know I think Lu-ge has an innocent crush on HyoRi-ssi,” Minseok said as he sat across him. “Ever since we were younger but he doesn’t know how to deal with it,” he added with a chuckle. “Lu-ge is so naïve,” Minseok added.

“But maybe he doesn’t. Well, if Lu-ge does, he really hurt the girl he likes but if he doesn’t, what he did is still wrong,” Minseok pointed out. “Whatever the case is, hyung, I have to make the two talk soon. If I don’t…” Jongdae sighed with hopelessness. “Then you don’t. You can’t force both parties to talk,” Minseok said. “Wait, is this because you can’t talk to MiYeon-ssi if they don’t patch up things with each other?” the older realized and Jongdae’s cheeks turned pink.

“B-Bwo? Hyung, no it’s not that… Aniyo…” Jongdae shook his head, completely disagreeing with Minseok. “I just want peace in our circle, that’s all,” he muttered, making Minseok chuckled. “Ah, you’re so cute, Jongdae,” Minseok pinched his cheeks.

“HYUNG!”

MiYeon stretched after she studied another hour. “Getting tired, I see, noona,” Sehun said. MiYeon wondered why the people she can still talk to were Sehun and Baekhyun, according to HyoRi. Why can’t it be Jongdae? MiYeon wants to talk to Jongdae but she must admit, it’s fun spending time with these two men.

Sometimes, HyoRi can be a pain in the neck after all.

But she’s still her best friend.

“It’s not my fault HyoRi hasn’t been teaching me about history!” MiYeon whined. “I see noona’s a whiz when it comes to this then,” Sehun nodded, looking like he discovered something. “You see, dongsaeng, she looks like an idiot but she’s actually one of the top students of our batch,” Baekhyun commented. “Noona doesn’t look like an idiot though,” Sehun innocently said.

“Just because you like her doesn’t mean you have to cover up the truth, Sehunnie,” Baekhyun teased. “WAIT. Sehun-ssi likes HyoRi?!” MiYeon’s mouth gaped open. Yes, she predicted this but having the prediction become reality is hard to believe. “Shush, noona,” Sehun buried his face deep into his textbook.

“Oh… So it is true…” MiYeon nodded slowly. “I’m sure you’ll take care of HyoHyo better than that deer person,” she commented, sipping on her bubble tea. “Aniyo…” Sehun mumbled, being the cute maknae he is. “I am sure of it, Sehun-ssi. You’ll never make her cry right? That deer person… Ugh,” MiYeon swatted the thought of Luhan in her mind. “And he’s not even that handsome!” She complained.

“Calm yourself, MiYeon-ssi. Remember, your blood pressure,” Baekhyun massaged MiYeon’s shoulders. “Ah, yes, yes,” MiYeon nodded and acted like an old woman. “Anyways, how’s HyoRi-noona? Is she still crying?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. MiYeon nodded. “She’s been locking herself in her room and when I visit, she’s always asleep on her desk and it seems like she’s studying and dying with tear stained cheeks,” she answered.

“Aigooo… Dramatic much, it’s like we’re in a drama,” Baekhyun said as he pouted. “I miss having her around. Don’t tell her I said that,” he added, glaring at MiYeon. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell her. She misses you too, Baekhyun-ssi,” MiYeon told him. “Don’t worry, Sehunnie! I won’t steal away your girl,” Baekhyun teased.

“Aiya, hyung, don’t put it that way!”

HyoRi decided to go out of the apartment for once. She was alone of course. MiYeon went out with Sehun and Baekhyun to study and that leaves her all alone. She hugged herself as she took each step carefully. The light was still blinding her red eyes so she decided to wear shades.

A hopeless sigh escaped HyoRi’s lips as she entered the busy streets. “Alone…” She muttered as she looked up. “MiYeon is so lucky. Jongdae-ssi likes her back, I’m sure of it,” she laughed at herself. “While I…” She looked down and shook her head. “It’s better if I don’t think much about it. Vacation is just around the corner and so is our departure,” HyoRi said.

“I won’t see him again. I’ll forget about him surely…” She told herself.

“Surely.”

“WHAT?! HYORI FAINTED?!” MiYeon made an outburst as she received a call from Luhan. “Yes, I took her to a nearby hospital but you’ve got to come here quick. I… She can’t see me right now,” Luhan said over the line. “Wae? This is the chance for you to talk to her, sunbaenim,” MiYeon said.

“She just can’t. She won’t listen. Just come here,” Luhan said sternly. “I don’t want her to see me so please…” MiYeon was shocked to hear Luhan beg this much over the phone. “Which hospital?” MiYeon asked. “Asan Medical Center,” Luhan answered before hanging up.

“What was that?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. MiYeon looked at Sehun worriedly before standing up. “HyoRi’s anemia is taking over again and she’s in the hospital,” MiYeon answered. “Want to come?” She looked at both boys. “Of course,” Sehun stood up. “You guys can’t leave me alone so I’ll go,” Baekhyun said as he stood up and grabbed his bag.

Soon, the trio found themselves in the largest hospital they’ve ever been to. They quickly went to the emergency room and found HyoRi lying defenceless there but what shocked them was Luhan holding her hand and massaging it. Luhan hasn’t noticed their presence yet luckily.

“Aish, I finally get to see you but you suddenly faint. You really are weak. Even back then but metaphorically, you have such a strong heart,” Luhan said with a soft smile on his face. “That’s why I really like you even back then but I’m so stupid, aren’t I?” Sehun flinched as he heard those words. MiYeon patted the younger one’s back, motioning him to keep silent and let them hear what Luhan was telling the unconscious HyoRi.

“Why do you keep pretending you’re okay? Why do you want us to stop worrying, huh, HyoRi-ssi? Never mind. You’ll never hear me anyway. And it’s safer if you keep away from me even if it hurts us both,” Luhan sighed. “Saranghae, annyeong,” Luhan stood up as he let go of HyoRi’s hand.

MiYeon knew those words were sincere and she was even more sure they hurt Sehun’s heart. Luhan might’ve been the only one who didn’t know of Sehun’s not-so-hidden feelings after all. The three, after hearing Luhan’s footsteps getting louder, stepped aside and tried to look like they just arrived.

When Luhan saw them, he only waved a bit with a sad smile he had while he was talking to HyoRi and went off. “Sehun-ah, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked. “I’m… fine,” Sehun mumbled. It was obvious he was hurt. The fact HyoRi likes another person and was hurt by the same person already went through his soul. Now that he knows Luhan likes her back. It went through his whole being.

It was obvious his unrequited love was hopeless.

“Sehun-ssi, I always wanted HyoRi to like you. Remember that. If she was smart, she will dump that loser and like you,” MiYeon said before going to HyoRi’s side. “The sad thing about that is people tend to be stupid when it comes to love,” Sehun muttered, following Baekhyun when he went to HyoRi.

HyoRi looked pale but at least, peaceful. Her eyes were tightly shut and her lips didn’t move. Some of her hair strands covered her face. She was as still as a log. But MiYeon was grateful Luhan took HyoRi to the hospital, even if that dude broke her best friend’s heart.

“About what we heard, should we tell HyoRi?” Baekhyun asked. Sehun quickly shook his head. “Aniyo…” His voice quivered. “I don’t want…” he added, sadly looking at HyoRi. “She won’t even believe us if we do,” MiYeon said. “She’ll likely say we’re only cheering her up and it’s hopeless,” she added.

Sehun was holding HyoRi’s other hand. “Noona, ireona. Ireona,” he whispered. Baekhyun and MiYeon pitied him. He was such a martyr. He doesn’t care if he gets hurt. How long has he had feelings for HyoRi anyway? HyoRi liking Luhan has been old news. What if Sehun liked her even before that?

“Ahh… b… bwo?” HyoRi said as she slowly opened her eyes. She squinted them as she noticed the light and then opened them wide and looked around her. She was shocked to find Sehun already sleeping by her side and Baekhyun and MiYeon calmly conversing with each other. What did happen when she was knocked out?

“Who… brought me here?” HyoRi asked, quiet enough not to wake up Sehun. “HyoRi!” MiYeon excitedly said. HyoRi pointed at Sehun, telling MiYeon telepathically Sehun was asleep. “So who brought me here?” HyoRi asked, eyeing her two friends. MiYeon wasn’t great at lying to her disadvantage. Luckily, Baekhyun answered for her.

“We all did. Sehun-ah carried you all the way here. We were going back to your apartment when we saw you,” Baekhyun quickly said. “But the blurry image didn’t match any of you,” HyoRi said. “You were just hallucinating, pabo,” MiYeon laughed a bit. “Chincha? Ah, pabo,” HyoRi hit herself with her other hand.

“Are you alright now, HyoRi?” MiYeon asked. HyoRi nodded. “A good nap cured it all, and apparently, Sehunnie’s touch too,” she said with a weak smile. Her lips were still pale. MiYeon made a mental note to also put this girl in a hospital for blood transfusion. “Look, he’s so cute,” HyoRi chuckled a bit, pointing at the sleeping dongsaeng.

“He is, isn’t he?” MiYeon smiled. “Unlike you,” Baekhyun commented. “Unlike you too, square mouth,” HyoRi stuck out her tongue. Baekhyun looked relieved HyoRi insulted him, though it wasn’t something to be happy about. HyoRi hasn’t been herself after days and Baekhyun thought that was a sign she was slowly cheering up.

“Pig,” Baekhyun snapped. “Slit eyes.”

“Sadako.”

“Shortie.”

“Stop acting like kids or you’ll wake up the maknae,” MiYeon said when suddenly Sehun opened his eyes. “Too late,” Baekhyun pointed out. “Obviously,” MiYeon rolled her eyes. “Noona?” Sehun lifted his head and rubbed his eyes while sleepily looking at HyoRi. “Had a nice sleep, Sehun-ssi?” HyoRi asked with a smile on her face. “Ne… Especially I was holding your hand,” Sehun said mindlessly.

If Sehun does act like this around HyoRi, MiYeon guessed HyoRi must be really dense to realize Sehun likes her. “Ah, so cute,” HyoRi pinched his cheeks. “Noona!” Sehun whined, holding HyoRi’s hands and removing it from his cheeks. HyoRi giggled.

“They do have chemistry,” Baekhyun whispered. MiYeon couldn’t agree more now she’s seeing how they interact but she can also see this as an older sister treating her younger brother. HyoHun ship is acceptable but it’s not canon right?

“Hey, guys, can I go? I don’t like hospitals after all,” HyoRi said. “I’ll go and do the paperwork about this then. Want to help me, Baekhyun-ssi?” MiYeon asked. “Ne,” Baekhyun nodded and went out with MiYeon.

“Is noona scared of hospitals?” Sehun asked. “Of course,” HyoRi frowned. “Never liked hospitals but I always ended up being here, don’t I?” she chuckled after saying that. “Be strong, noona, okay? Fighting,” Sehun said. “I will, Sehun-ssi. Especially I have a dongsaeng like you cheering me on,” HyoRi found herself pinching Sehun’s cheeks again.

“Noona, why do you keep treating me like a baby? Why only me? You don’t treat Jong-in and Tao this way.”

---

A/N

Aiya, poor Sehunnie /3 

I should stop torturing dudes like this but meh they have too many fangirls so it's time to let them suffer in my own power. //evil laugh because writer is evil