Her Time With Them

Her Silent Song

MiYeon furrowed her eyebrows together as she heard the news. Kris was leaving EXO and he was nowhere to be found. She knows she shouldn’t worry about this now, especially because she had a fashion show to deal with but she’s worried. She was Kris’ apprentice. Kris has a special place in her heart. Sometimes, Kris beats Jongdae there.

MiYeon was preparing to leave since HyoRi will fetch her. The whole day, HyoRi was checking with Korean publishers to ask about how her books were selling. MiYeon had interviews to attend in the morning and in the afternoon, she trapped herself in the hotel room, sketching designs for the next fashion line.

HyoRi told her earlier she wanted to watch the fashion show and MiYeon was trying to stop her since she might see EXO. She reasoned that the fashion show will end in the morning. HyoRi wasn’t allowed by the doctor to sleep late because of her heart condition. HyoRi surrendered to her reason and didn’t argue, which was the complete opposite of how she was when they were in high school.

“Sorry for taking so long. The last publisher and I had some coffee,” HyoRi said when she stopped her car by the hotel’s entrance. “It’s alright,” MiYeon told her as she jumped into the car. “So how young is the publisher?” She asked as she teasingly smirked. HyoRi shrugged. “Really don’t know. I wasn’t planning on seeing him again,” she emotionlessly answered.

“And I wasn’t great in speaking Korean, you know. It’s hard,” she added. MiYeon’s lips turned into a thin line. “You’ll slowly improve, HyoRi,” she suddenly flashed a smile. “Don’t worry. You’ll be even to talk to your family soon without me,” MiYeon added. “I hope so,” HyoRi said.

MiYeon was happy HyoRi was hoping for something. Since the accident, HyoRi rarely showed any emotions and she was completely the opposite of the girl she practically grew up with. HyoRi was quiet and responsible and she was serious all the time. She took a lot of time trying to understand a joke.

“Here,” MiYeon pointed out of the window. “Okay then,” HyoRi stopped her car. “Don’t wait up, okay? Remember what the doctor told you,” MiYeon reminded her. “Mhm,” HyoRi nodded slowly. “I’ll watch the fashion show online. Text me when it’s your turn,” she told her. “No, don’t. I’ll be the last since I’m the rookie. Just watch your health okay?” MiYeon said before exiting the car and going straight towards the venue.

“Oh, Ms Choi, come here. F(x) is already waiting,” one of the stage crew said when MiYeon went backstage. The young fashion designer nodded and went to meet her models. “Annyeonghaseyo,” MiYeon greeted as she bowed. “Long time no see, Amber,” she turned to the familiar face. “Never knew you’ll end up as a fashion designer, girl,” Amber said as she hugged her old friend.

“Because you thought I’ll end up as an interior designer?” MiYeon escaped from her hug. “Yes,” Amber nodded. “Anyways, these are Victoria-eonni, Luna, Sulli and Krystal,” Amber gestured towards the other members. “Nice to meet you,” MiYeon bowed. “Nice to meet you too,” Victoria said.

“SNSD-sunbae and EXO-K will arrive soon. They have something important to talk about with their managers,” Sulli said. “It’s awesome you’re still fluent in Korean, eonni,” Krystal said. MiYeon chuckled. “I practiced it while teaching my best friend,” she shared. “Heliades right? I’m a fan of her books,” Luna said.

After around an hour of chatting with f(x), SNSD and EXO arrived. The most nervous of them was Baekhyun since he knows MiYeon was Celestina. “Jjinja, Amber? That must’ve looked weird!” Baekhyun’s head perked up as he heard the familiar voice. He slowly separated himself from EXO and rushed towards f(x)’s dressing room.

“What’re you doing here, Baekhyun?” Victoria asked as she opened the door. “Is the fashion designer here?” Baekhyun sounded urgent. Victoria nodded. “Who’s that, eonni?” MiYeon suddenly went to the door and her eyes widened when she saw Baekhyun. “Byun Baek?” She gasped. “I knew it. It was you. Come with me,” Baekhyun grabbed MiYeon’s wrist and dragged her away.

“What’s with him?” Krystal asked. “Beats me,” Amber shrugged.

“Why did you return to Korea? It’s like I don’t like you here, the truth is I missed you but why the hell did you return to Korea?” Baekhyun asked once the two were alone. “I had no choice. I had to go to this fashion show because I was a rookie. I can’t turn down this offer and opportunity to see my family again,” MiYeon reasoned. “And you took HyoRi-ssi with you!” Baekhyun said. “She’s not here with me! She’s at the hotel. I’m trying not to show her to any of you boys! I don’t want her to remember!”

“Remember what?”

MiYeon paused. She accidentally mentioned it. “Celestina, there you are! SNSD is trying to find you,” the stage crew suddenly said. “Wait, was I disturbing something important?” He eyed Baekhyun and MiYeon suspiciously. “Nothing. I’ll be meeting my models. If you don’t mind, Byun Baek, I’ll be leaving,” MiYeon said before leaving the idol fuming.

When the fashion show started, EXO-K was shocked to see MiYeon enter their dressing room. “Suho-oppa will wear this, Kai will wear this, Sehun will wear this,” she continued assigning the clothes and tried not to be casual with them. “Arasseo?” She looked at them in the eyes before trying to leave but Chanyeol closed the door.

“Why did you leave?” Joonmyeon asked as he stared at MiYeon’s figure. “Without even giving us a warning?” he added. MiYeon gulped. “You don’t need to know,” she scoffed, trying to pry Chanyeol away from the door. “We need to,” Sehun said sternly. “You can’t lie, MiYeon-ssi. We know that,” Chanyeol grinned.

MiYeon looked around in panic and sighed. “We went to America because my surgery. Now, go, I need to talk to SNSD and f(x) more. They’re the center of my fashion line,” MiYeon hissed. Chanyeol got off from the door and let MiYeon go out.

“Sorry, I knew all about this,” Baekhyun looked down. “What do you mean you know all about this?” Jong-in stared at Baekhyun. “I know all about this since high school,” Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I only didn’t tell you because MiYeon-ssi told me to. She had the nodes and she needed surgery. Don’t tell this to M please,” he explained.

Sehun looked down at the floor, processing the information. “Where’s HyoRi-noona?” he asked, still looking down. “MiYeon-ssi is hiding something about her. If Celestina was MiYeon-ssi then surely, HyoHyo is Heliades,” Baekhyun answered. “So she’s in Korea then? For a fansigning too. You want to go, Sehun-ah?” KyungSoo asked. Sehun finally looked at the other members.

“I want to see noona.”

In China…

“At least we get to watch their fashion show together,” Luhan said, trying to lighten the mood but he knows the other members were as crushed as he was. “It won’t be together without gege,” Tao muttered. “We have to be strong,” Yixing trembled. Jongdae hugged him to comfort his hyung. “Yes, hyung, we have to be strong,” he whispered.

“American rookie, Celestina!” The MC said through the computer screen. They were livestreaming the fashion show to support K on the other side. Jongdae’s sadness was suddenly replaced by shock when he saw the woman on the catwalk. She was beautiful, the same as she was in high school. She still looked the same, of course she grown some height and gained some weight, but she was still the same in Jongdae’s eyes.

“MiYeon,” he whispered. “Noona?” Tao suddenly gasped. “I am so glad to be here in my homeland. I’m not American nor do I have any American blood in me. I just went to America because of medical issues so I’m really glad to be back here and show you I’m proud of where I came from. This line is very special to me because you people know Heliades right? She helped me in designing these clothes. These are based on her books and also, our high school experiences, our last years in Korea. I present to you Heartkyo Fashion Line!” Everyone clapped for the designer before she went off stage.

“I can’t believe she really returned…” Yixing whispered to himself. “I want to go to noona! I’m sure if she heard about what gege did, she’ll find a way to have him back!” Tao said. “Hush, calm down,” Minseok patted the maknae’s back. “Calm down, we don’t need to waste energy. Let’s just watch the K boys model MiYeon’s design,” he added, turning his attention back to the screen.

First, M saw their sunbaenims, SNSD and f(x). They saw how simple MiYeon’s designs can be and how intricate it can become. There were lacy shirts and then there were simple skirts. Even the shoes matched perfectly for the outfits they saw. They weren’t judges of fashion, excluding Tao, but they knew how skilled MiYeon has become.

Then the K boys went out and they looked good. The clothes fit them perfectly. M automatically remembered their high school years. MiYeon did a great job in releasing the vibe. “Baekhyun is wearing glasses, like back then!” Luhan laughed. “Sehun’s hair is styled like when he goes to school late!” Tao laughed. Soon, they found all of them laughing.

For a moment, they forgot their situation as a group.

After two hours, the fashion show ended. MiYeon had a bouquet of flowers in her arms and was thanking the idols for appearing on the fashion show. “When are you leaving for America?” Amber asked. “I don’t know,” MiYeon groaned. “Phone me if you go back. Then visit my family for me,” Amber said. “Alright,” MiYeon nodded.

“Eonni, let’s go!” Sulli called out. “Bye,” Amber said before running off. MiYeon sighed when her close friend left her. She was going to take the taxi and then sleep on her warm bed in the hotel. “Hey, MiYeon,” MiYeon froze in her spot when she recognized the familiar voice.

“Baekhyun, I don’t need to explain myself,” MiYeon breathed in before facing him. “Show us HyoRi,” Baekhyun demanded. “She’s practically asleep now,” MiYeon scoffed. “There are no pictures of her scattering over the internet. Why are you desperately trying to hide her from us?” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. “You won’t understand, Byun Baek. Just go back to your group. I need my rest,” MiYeon said, attempting to call a taxi.

“If you don’t show HyoRi to us, then you have to hang out with us. That’s the price for us not to attempt to search this whole place for that writer.” Baekhyun warned her. MiYeon bit her lower lip. “Alright. Ask your manager for my KakaoTalk or LINE,” she said before going into the taxi.

Baekhyun smiled confidently. “I can finally see that scoundrel again and set things straight. And maybe… just maybe Kris-hyung would return if he knows about MiYeon and HyoRi’s return,” he whispered to himself before hurrying to EXO’s van for some rest in the dorm.