Chapter 5

I Am Myth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The bell rung for lunch but I didn’t move.  I watched as the rest of the students left the room with their friends until all that was left was myself, and the boys that sat around me.  Zelo and his friends still hadn’t left yet.

  “Don’t.”  The boy beside me I didn’t know the name for said as he saw me begin to rise from my chair.

  “Stay for a moment Violet.”  Zelo said as I looked over at him quizzically.

  “What for?  I have something I need to do so if you wish to speak with me it can wait for another time.”  I said as I stood up from my desk and placed my backpack over my shoulders.

  “Who are you Song Violet and what do you want?”  The boy sitting behind me asked as he moved to block my path.

  “I want to learn in this school.”  I stated as I attempted to pass him.

  “Don’t lie.”  He hissed as he grabbed my arm.

  “I’m sorry.”  I said so if he strained to hear he would have which I can assume he did.  I didn’t hesitate to spin around and slam my hands against his chest causing his to stumble back into a desk before being caught by Zelo.  “I should leave.”  I said to them.

  “What do you want with us?”  The boy sitting on the desk behind Zelo’s asked me before I could take a step away from them.

  My eyes flickered to Zelo for a moment before turning away, “Nothing.”  I sighed, “I do not want anything with you.  I just transferred here; I do not even have friends here yet so why would I want something from you?”

  “I know you are the one who stopped those men from hurting me last night Violet.”  The boy with the deep husky voice said.  “I saw your face before I passed out, I know you were there.  So don’t even try to deny it.”

  My eye twitched.  Why could my power have not just worked, if it had I wouldn’t be in this stupid situation on my second day among the humans.  Why could I not have just found Zelo and gotten to know him without so many complications?  Why was nothing working in my favor!

  “So what if I was there.”  I finally said.  There was no use denying it when I’ve already seen the memory he is referring to.  I was right in front of him; my face clearly visible so there was no mistaking me.

  His eyes widened, “So it was you?”

  “I thought you already knew that?”  I sighed as I sat down on top of a desk beside me.

  “I didn’t actually think you’d admit to it though.”

  “Well I did, so what of it?”

  “Would the two of you cool it?  Thanks for saving him, I’m Himchan.”  The boy sitting behind Zelo said before smiling and waving.  “The one you saved is Yongguk, your other seat mate is Daehyun.  Jongup sits behind him and Youngjae is in the far corner.”

  “I didn’t want to know your names.”  I growled to myself.  Six humans, six of them I have some form of attachment to.

  “Why?”  Zelo asked me.

  I just shook my head and smiled.  “It’s nice to meet you, but lunch is almost over and I haven’t even gotten the chance to eat so if you will excuse me please.”

  I made it out of the classroom and just released a tired breath.  This wasn’t how this all was supposed to go.  I was supposed to blend in and just experience things and get to know Zelo a little more.  But ever since coming here I just made another connection with a human that was just as bad as Zelo’s.  It could reach me for anything even if it wasn’t trying to. 

  Yongguk and Zelo were no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter